shape
carat
color
clarity

Help identifying a vintage ring (Hudson's, Detroit, MI)

Michigan88

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I'm pretty unfamiliar with most things jewelry and rings, but I inherited a ring from my family. All I know about it is that it was bought at J.L. Hudson CO (Hudson's was a now defunct Detroit department store – really famous in the area, sort of like Detroit's own version of Macy's). I know nothing about it, but was curious is anyone had seen anything like this or could tell me what it's made of/its history/any info at all really! Any help is appreciated - thanks!

IMG_0564.jpeg

Tremsi

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! I remember Hudson’s! I couldn’t tell you anything about the ring but you did bring me down memory lane because I grew up in Detroit.
Fun fact: Hudson’s was bought out by Marshall Field’s and then Marshall Field’s was acquired by Macy’s.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you check out the inside of the band for any metal stamps and/or jeweler hallmarks? If there's anything there, let us know.

It could be a costume piece of jewelry, but it also could be 14kt yellow gold with little natural seed pearls and a synthetic/lab-made or treated/untreated natural colored gemstone (sapphire). If the ring is stamped for 14kt gold (or higher gold content), it may be worth your while to send it in to GIA who will examine the colored gemstone and tell you what it is.

It is a lovely ring by the way. I hope it fits you and you are able to enjoy wearing it now and again.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This looks like a piece of vintage Trifari costume jewelry. I'd google that direction first if you weren't going to get it tested.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results