color
clarity

Help, I can't decide what to do with this pink sapphire

How should I set this pink sapphire?

• Go with chrysoberyl pear arrangement

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Go with kornerupine

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Get another pink sapphire and do both chrysoberyl and kornerupine arrangements

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Neither (please explain)

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

voce

Ideal_Rock
PXL_20210724_204407318.jpg PXL_20210724_204458304.jpg

I have a medium toned unheated pink sapphire from Precision Gem. I've considered setting it with some near white stone, but it's not the color to give the maximum pop, as it's just not a hot pink.

I like both the arrangement with the chrysoberyl and the arrangement with the kornerupine. I can't decide. What do you guys think?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both look great, but my eyes lead me to see the kornerupine complementing the sapphire better, if it were me.

I voted neither because I like the shape of the pear petals (chrysoberyl) but the colour of the kornerupine.

Could you add a third stone in the mix? Perhaps the kornerupine but also some white sapphire (or other white stone, I don’t know much about coloured stones)? I don’t know how difficult/expensive it is to get trilliants, but if you set those at the end of each kornerupine I think it would look very cool and different. Just spitballing suggestions!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kornerupine because I don't like the color of chrysoberyl unless it's the vanadium kind.

M

maru8888777

Another vote for the kornerupine!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
So far, with only those two images, I like the color combo of the blue & pink best with the kornerupine, but ultimately I think that the shape of the chrysoberyls compliment the pink sapphire most. It makes it look quite whimsical by looking like a flower or a Sun. Could I see the chrysoberyl combo in different lighting?

I think different picture sets in new lighting will help cement my choice.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both ideas but lean toward the kornerupine.
But I think seeing the color shifts in different lighting might cement an opinion.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think a halo of diamonds would really make that sapphire POP. =)2

voce

Ideal_Rock
I think a halo of diamonds would really make that sapphire POP. =)2

I strongly disagree. I originally bought it wanting to set it with a pair of near white stones. This is the color under the sunlight, in the car shade and under direct sunlight. Not saturated enough for me to consider it as a pop. I think the pastel colors suit this sapphire more.

PXL_20210306_202326769.jpg PXL_20210306_202201656.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool and warm colored stones compliment each other. I would do a pale green (mint) or blue like the kornerupine.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the kornerupine. The pink / blue just play better IMO.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
The kornerupine provide a good contrast & would make a special combination.

I have some beautiful, super sparkly kornerupine melee but they are more of a champagne/tan color so not as pretty as yours (IMO.) I don't love earth tones so they are much harder to pair with things than blue would be for me. Maybe I'll pull them out & play with them today to see if I can make them work. (I need a sticky gem thing like yours!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results