shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I am about to pull the trigger on WF!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Whiteflash makes this one which is a combo of the two you posted. I like the idea of colored bands to go with it, though I would definitely prefer a solitaire for that purpose.

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/X-Prong-Channel_781.htm#

They also mkae this one which a lot of people like because it really showcases the center stone and makes it look bigger.

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Platinum-Sleek-Lines-Solitaire_688.htm

But whatever you end up deciding...good luck and congratulations!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I was buying the stone from Whiteflash, I would have them set it in a setting and forget about Zales, "while you wait" sale. Zales is likely to use some scare tactic and tell they can''t be responsible if there are any unseen fault lines in the stone that could cause a crack, etc., and Whiteflash is likely to carry a setting that exactly meets your interests, plus ensure the stone is properly set without any hassles.

Just my 2 cents anway. BTW.....the stone you''ve got on hold appears much nicer than the one you originally considered.

Best of luck to you.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 4:41:23 PM
Author: robtali
Sorry about that, didn''t realize I forgot the link! Thanks, Al, that does make sense. If you have time, check out this one and see if you think it would be comparable to the ones you listed.
BTW, in talking with Bob from WF, he did say this was the most eye-clean of the bunch, he just referred me to the IS and zoom to show me where the inclusions were. The ones on this stone were pretty far to one side, based on the AGS report, and I think it was listed as a cloud? Maybe you can verify that for me as well.....

Thank you all!

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-6544305
Rob, that stone looks delicious! Nice pick.

I wouldn''t worry about the cloud at all......this stone looks beautiful!

I''d really love to see the pictures when you get it in.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say I agree with not waiting for the Zales sale, really do they have anything that you''d want to buy anyway? Whenever I have gone in there I am very underwhelmed.

Anyway if nothing else maybe a temporary setting from WF for $300 or something and call it a day? Then you and your fiance can choose the final setting together? Unless you know for sure what she loves?

Just a thought!

jimk

Rough_Rock
Just an FYI - WF has temp settings for $120 in white gold. I''m setting the stone in that and having my gf pick out her setting. In addition, WF will refund $60 of the temp setting cost toward the final setting if you get it from them. So the temp setting only costs $60. Not bad.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2006 2:08:27 PM
Author: jimk
Just an FYI - WF has temp settings for $120 in white gold. I''m setting the stone in that and having my gf pick out her setting. In addition, WF will refund $60 of the temp setting cost toward the final setting if you get it from them. So the temp setting only costs $60. Not bad.
NICE - didn''t know that. Very awesome.

robtali

Rough_Rock
wow, that is a good idea to get the temp setting and get $$ toward the final one! I was thinking that no matter what I pick, I want to give her the option of getting the setting that''s perfect for her. That''s why I was considering some in the $300-$500 range, because they look nice but wouldn''t break the bank....
About the WF setting, though, I didn''t see any of those that I really liked. There are a couple other B&Ms around here that are very reputable, so maybe I will try those. There is one at www.bondeddiamonds.com which is in my area. As a matter of fact, both my sisters got their e-rings from them, and love the rings and the service from bonded. They also carry some antique rings from time to time that are nice....

Thanks again, everyone, and I will post pics of the rock, and then of the final ring once set. I think I will have the rock on Tuesday!

solange

Brilliant_Rock
There was a recent post on here stating that your insurance does not cover stone damage while it is being set. Also very few jewelers have this kind of insurance. Itis too expensive especially if they are not selling the stone. I think your best bet is to buy the setting from Whiteflash.I can''t imagine that they would send you a ring with a stone they damaged in setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results