shape
carat
color
clarity

Help for 4th of July Proposal in DC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

proposalhelp

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I recently moved to Washington DC and I want to propose to my girlfriend during the fireworks on the 4th of July. Does anyone have any ideas about a good spot? I was thinking about the Jefferson Memorial or Lincoln Memorial, but I am not sure if those areas will be completely packed with people.

Thanks for the help...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. The location and date will make for such a wonderful proposal! I''ve never been there so I can''t offer you any advice, but hopefully you will receive some respnses here soon, I am so interested to hear about your proposal!

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
I went to DC for the fourth of july last year and was by the washington Monument. The fireworks are BEAUTIFUL! However it is REALLY packed with people around that area. So much so, that we had to arrive at 11AM to get a good spot on the lawn. I think that it will be wonderful to propose under the fireworks but perhaps you can go to a viewing point away from all of the crowds. I know that they have good viewing locations maped out in one of the newspapers before the fourth. Just a suggestion! Whatever you deside I''m sure she will love it! :) Good Luck!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to second kayakqueen''s suggestion for a spot removed from the crowds. The fireworks here in LA are super crowded, so I can only IMAGINE what it''s like in D.C.!! If the show is big enough, you probably can be "under" the fireworks but away from the official lawn where people sit to watch it, somewhere else in the city (close by).

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Do you live IN DC, or in the DC area? The reason I ask is because if you live in the DC area (i.e.: Northern VA or MD), I would suggest proposing at your local fireworks display. For example, if you''re in MD, Gaithersburg has fireworks at the Montgomery County Fair grounds. In Northern VA, Wolf Trap has fireworks. Obviously, there are MANY other places to watch the fireworks in the DC area than the two I just mentioned. Either way, if you are looking to not be completely surrounded by peple during your mid-firework display proposal, I would definitely steer away from DC on the Fourth of July.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results