shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Finding Rare Books

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
I''m looking for any 1st edition or signed books by Bruce Lee. Anyone know where or how to find something like this? I''ve searched the internet and couldn''t come up w/anything actually written by him in either category.
Does it mean it''s just not out there or I just don''t know where to look?

I''d appreciate any help!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found one online source (alibris.com) that has a first edition of Tau of Jeet Kune do for under $100. I just did a search for "Bruce Lee first edition." I also searched for "Chicagoland Antiquarian" and came up with a list of booksellers who might be able to assist you in your search. (Btw, I''m using Google.) HTH!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!

Strmrdr, you're right! I can't seem to find a signed copy anywhere. I had no idea! Thanks for the link!

Monarch, I never even thought to contact local booksellers, thanks! I think I went to alibris but don't remember seeing that, or maybe that's a book he already has. I can't remember anything these days!

I did find a 1st edition of a book that contains 3 smaller books that my FI already has (but not 1st editions) and I think it contains addtl pages and pictures. I'm thinking of this for his wedding gift. Does it make sense to buy this book if he already has the 3 smaller books that he has? It probably wouldn't have a ton of new pages, although I'm checking into that w/the seller now. Does it being a 1st edition make it special enough even if he already has a copy that's not a 1st edition?

Am I even making sense at this point???????????

ETA: Ok, I just found out that the 1st edition that I found is no different than the ones he has copies of. His are paperbacks and not 1st editions. This one compiles all of them, is a hardcover and is 1st editions. Does that make a good gift or keep searching for something he doesn't have?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Try Abe books! If you do the advanced search you can specify first edition and signed.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if they carry what you are looking for but i use Hayden & Fandetta Rare Books here in NYC for such really hard to find books. They are immense when it comes to jewlery books, so I would hope they have your Bruce lee book.

I don''t think they are online, but here is a link to their information anyway:
http://www.abaa.org/books/abaa/bookseller/1699.html

Good luck!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dixie--I collect rare books, and I find that my local bookseller is extremely helpful in locating titles for me. If you find a reputable rare bookseller, establish a relationship and I''m sure he or she will be willing to help you.

My most recent is a first edition of Ayn Rand''s Atlas Shrugged, a gift from BF for the holidays. I LOVE it.

Good luck!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, do a quick search on ebay.com, you may find a reputable seller there.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I second Abe.com

Also try ebay - you never know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results