shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding 6.5mm pink/peach sapphire

ChDiamond hunter

Rough_Rock
Hello! I have my old engagement ring setting that I would like to have set with a pink sapphire. I found one on The Natural Sapphire Company site but are there better vendors? Looking for one that is pink/peach and is 6.5-.6.75mm wide. Not sure which vendors are credible. My jeweler has said I should limit my search to a round stone because he feels that’s the only head he can put in the ring.
98C2FFEB-408C-4259-9A40-B810B76AEBE5.jpeg

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
There is a sticky note at the top of the colored stone page with recommended vendors: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/list-of-vendors-for-reference.208782/

I'm sure you will be able to find a stone you love that will fit in the setting! Maybe someone with more experience can chime in, but I am curious why your jeweler has suggested you limit your search to rounds when it appears that the halo of your ring is a cushion shape. Are you planning on replacing the head entirely? If so, I remain unsure why a different head would limit you to round stones.

ChDiamond hunter

Rough_Rock
There is a sticky note at the top of the colored stone page with recommended vendors: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/list-of-vendors-for-reference.208782/

I'm sure you will be able to find a stone you love that will fit in the setting! Maybe someone with more experience can chime in, but I am curious why your jeweler has suggested you limit your search to rounds when it appears that the halo of your ring is a cushion shape. Are you planning on replacing the head entirely? If so, I remain unsure why a different head would limit you to round stones.

I’m not sure. He said he wouldn’t be able to fit a separate cushion head in the center of the existing halo. My preference would be a cushion stone.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Why doesn't he just rebuild the prongs that are already there?
Earth's Treasury has some nice sapphires in the sizes you're looking for8)

* forgot to add they are Montana, so they have a little different of a 'look' to them.

Last edited:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
If you are open to using a different jeweller (David Klass, perhaps?) to set your sapphire, you might find that the restrictions on size and/or shape are removed (or at least relaxed). The depth of the stone will matter as well, not just the diameter.

The setting is beautiful and I look forward to seeing the finished ring! Good luck!

ChDiamond hunter

Rough_Rock
If you are open to using a different jeweller (David Klass, perhaps?) to set your sapphire, you might find that the restrictions on size and/or shape are removed (or at least relaxed). The depth of the stone will matter as well, not just the diameter.

The setting is beautiful and I look forward to seeing the finished ring! Good luck!

This is great to know. I’m open to a different jeweler. It doesn’t appear he has a website?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great to know. I’m open to a different jeweler. It doesn’t appear he has a website?

Nope. No website, but look at his Instagram for pics, and theres a thread here in the "show me the bling" section that's dedicated to his work. Hes amazing and super reasonably priced (for the quality you get)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely use a different jeweller because that setting would accommodate a number of shapes quite easily.

ChDiamond hunter

Rough_Rock
I would definitely use a different jeweller because that setting would accommodate a number of shapes quite easily.

Thank you for the advice. I’ll have another jeweler take a look.

ChDiamond hunter

Rough_Rock
Nope. No website, but look at his Instagram for pics, and theres a thread here in the "show me the bling" section that's dedicated to his work. Hes amazing and super reasonably priced (for the quality you get)

Great! I’ve reached out to see if he can assist.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Great! I’ve reached out to see if he can assist.

So happy to hear this - he's done incredible work for a lot of people here. Please share your updates! Looking forward to seeing them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results