shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Eyelash perming places in NYC!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
So, I usually go to a salon downtown where my savior Joanne takes care of all the tiny little secrets we women endure to look lovely. She is the best, BUT she is booked for the next two months and this weekend is going away to Japan for two whole weeks! I have a friend in from out of town who wants to get it done. I would but I can wait. She just called me to tell me that our other friend wants to come with us and also get it done.

Any NYC people who know of a reputable salon that will do it. As it has to do with eyes and such I want to make sure it''s a good place where someone has either gotten it done personally or knows of happy customers who have. Any ideas?

Preferably one that isn''t booked and has later hour availability for the weekend!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard of eyelash perming. Sounds... eye watering. They semi-permanent curl your lashes for you??? Intriguiging.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I have never heard of that!
20.gif
Does it make you lose lashes or is it safe??? Gosh, I never knew this existed; me and my eyelash curler. hehehe

ETA: Gypsy, I am glad I am not the only one wondering about it. lol

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 5:56:40 PM
Author: Skippy123
Wow, I have never heard of that!
20.gif
Does it make you lose lashes or is it safe??? Gosh, I never knew this existed; me and my eyelash curler. hehehe

ETA: Gypsy, I am glad I am not the only one wondering about it. lol
Nope definitely not alone. I'm just thinking about perming solution fumes being that close to my eyes and well... doesn't sound like fun.

I don't even really use my curler. I just use my fingers to curl them after I apply my mascara.

Then again... it depends on how straight your lashes are naturally. I've seen people with stick straight lashes... that don't like even a curler could have an effect on them.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Well I have long lashes, but the curl allow you to go mascaraless and in the summer is best. I don''t lose any, but the smell during stinks. Since it''s the eyes I only trust my Joanne, so... that''s why I feel bad sending my friends just anywhere.... they saw mine and thought it was impressive. It really does wonders! Really...need help...
7.gif

Anyone???
39.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Have you guys heard of eyelash extensions? There is a salon that does it by my house. I want to do it so bad! It costs like 500 bux though.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I found a place that does it for $200. My sister gets it done. Retouch is $75. She said the woman she works with at the salon is very capable and it is very nice. My only issues with it is that it seems to only come in jet black, and not realistic unless your eye lashes are lgihter. Also she says it weakens your existing lashes as they fall and take longer to grow....
7.gif

So for the price, I would rather just have the eye lash perm and maybe use some high volume mascara... *shrugs*

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m of no help here. But, there''s a guy who''s the resident "Beauty Expert" in Bergdorf who might know. Ask for Quintinn.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Since we're on the topic of lashes! For those of you that are afraid of perming, I just discovered this mascara that is AMAZING! Loreal Telescopic. I have wimpy lashes and this makes them look like I have falsies! It has a really cool brush that gets the job done!
1.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
ooh...good to know! My eye lashes are pretty much non existant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results