shape
carat
color
clarity

help! eternity band with diamonds on the prongs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

muffin

Rough_Rock
Help! I am designing my eternity wedding band and I want princess diamonds set into prongs. But I am thinking about having tiny diamonds placed into the prongs (like tacori), so that when I look down at the side of the ring, there''s spakle there too, instead of just metal prongs. Has anyone seen this before? I''ve seen diamonds on the side of channel set eternity bands (when the diamonds are not in individual prongs). If someone has one, could they post a picture of it for me? I would be soooooo appreciative!!!
emsmiled.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
What about 3-sided pave, you''ll get the sparkle from all sides.

Michael B from Pearlmanjewelers.com

11P18.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet you can get a 3 sided with princess''s.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
oops yeah, i was just posting with the rounds because that was the first one i found. good luck with your ring project, muffin.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2005 6:53:56 PM
Author:muffin

I am thinking about having tiny diamonds placed into the prongs (like tacori), so that when I look down at the side of the ring, there''s spakle there too, instead of just metal prongs. Has anyone seen this before?
Yes, but for bands set with larger round diamnds - the tiny stones fill the gaps between the larger ones.

Perhaps a more practical way to obtain a ''band of sparkle'' using princess cuts would be to have a very thin channel set or invisible set band, because the square princess cuts leave no room for prongs next to their corners - prongs need to stay outside the contour of the band...

Ritani makes a princess set band like that - it looks like channel set, but the metal ''walls'' barely show.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I second (or third!) the idea of three-sided pave. You get sparkle all around!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results