shape
carat
color
clarity

help!!! does diamonds saled online all are manufactured ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qilong2000

Rough_Rock
hi, I prepare to buy diamonds in worldjewels ,but when go through the web site. I find below words:

World of Jewels takes great pride in the quality and workmanship of all our products. We use only the finest diamonds in our jewelry and all of our items are manufactured with a minimum of I/J color and SI clarity.
It is clearly indicate all diamonds in worldjewels are manufactured.

so I have a big doubt, just worldjewels sells manufactured diamonds. or many online web site both sell manufactured diamonds.

but i just find only worldjewels say they sell manufactured diamonds. other web site like whiteflash not clearly indicate their diamonds are manufactured or not.

so how can i know the diamonds are manufactured or not? who can tell me

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If manufactured=man-made/synthetic/lab-created/cultured, then, no, there is no current commercial source for colorless diamonds of gem quality.

manufactured refers to the settings, not the diamonds.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Qilong. I checked out the site, and it appears they are selling natural diamonds.

The quote refers to the fact that they use a minimum of IJ/SI quality in the diamonds of the pieces they manufacture. They manufacture the jewelry, not the diamonds.

qilong2000

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/15/2006 12:00:18 AM
Author: Richard Sherwood
Hi Qilong. I checked out the site, and it appears they are selling natural diamonds.

The quote refers to the fact that they use a minimum of IJ/SI quality in the diamonds of the pieces they manufacture. They manufacture the jewelry, not the diamonds.
hi, Richard Sherwood

can you tell me which page the website indicate they are selling netural diamonds. I go through ,but not find.

also can you help me point out which diamonds is better :
http://www.worldjewels.net/_e/Diamond_Engagement_Rings/product/k%2D79/14K_Gold_Diamond_Ring_1_00_ct_.htm
and
https://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1955222.htm

thank your reply

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Qilong,

As JulieN points out, there are no currently available synthetic gemstones of I/J color and SI clarity so I'm inclined to believe that they are selling natural gems. If you're not clear on their advertising, they have an 888 number and they will surely be happy to discuss the matter with you if you call them up and ask. They are actually missing quite a bit of information in their descriptions that would be helpful in making a shopping decision. I wouldn't take this to be a good sign if I were you.

Cutting houses regularly describe themselves as 'manufacturers' because they take the raw mined material and convert it into the finished gemstones through the tools and skilled labor of their workers. Americans use this word slightly differently but I think what you're seeing is simply a difference in the use of language.

Neil Bety GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver\

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Definitely the WF diamond is better. It has a nice IS and good numbers. The setting on that other page looks very cheap and poorly put together IMO. HTH.

shay

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2006 9:07:44 AM
Author: Shay37
Definitely the WF diamond is better. It has a nice IS and good numbers. The setting on that other page looks very cheap and poorly put together IMO. HTH.

shay

I agree with shay 100%. There have been a few other threads about worldjewels and the settings do not look to be well made at all. I''d go with Whiteflash too
1.gif

qilong2000

Rough_Rock
thank your replies. i have decided to buy from whitefresh.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results