shape
carat
color
clarity

Help... Do I send whole set or just stone???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I am sending my marquise to Wink for a possible recut. I am looking at either them improving the current cut or making it a pear. My question is would you send your whole set or just the stone. i have a CZ from Wink that I was going to place in it while they are working on it. What would you do????? 3-4 weeks.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
After paying $20+ to send my ring back to WF for my upgrade, I would just send it all at once. That way he could cut the ring, and put the new stone back into the setting. You may miss your ring, but you will appreciate it that much more when you get it back!

Take the money you would have spent on shipping to buy yourself a beautiful band to wear in the meantime. Or, wear another ring in your jewelry box.

Just a suggestion.
1.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
How did you send it and insure it:)

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I sent it registered, insured mail through the US Post Office by instruction from Whiteflash. It had all these specifications on how it was supposed to be sent. For example, all sides/creases had to be taped up with brown tape. Nothing on the outside of a box could have any kind of gloss or shimmer to it. By the time we finished sending it off I swore I would never want to send my rings off again.

The box: $2.79
Registered/Insured Mail: $14.75
Return Receipt: $1.85
some other fee: $5.70
something else that added a few more dollars

Total $25.09

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOW. I had no idea! I will be doing this today or monday

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo why dont you ask Wink''s team what he prefers in terms of sending the set or the stone? They are the experts after all...

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I would send the whole thing out. Easier and less of a pain I think. Each time I sent my diamond out, it was registered mail as well. The box does have to be covered in brown tape so if you don''t have any, just take your ring and a small box to the P.O. and they have brown tape there that you can use. Registerd mail also comes with delivery confirmation (not tracking though) so you can check online when they have recieved it. You can also insure it up to $25,000.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results