shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choosing a paint colour

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought this dining set and I need to choose a paint colour for the walls. I am going for a country/shabby chic look. I am considering getting panels for the bottom half of the walls. Its not a huge room... maybe 14 by 12 feet. Any ideas?
1.gif

373888085_o.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love how white and clean this looks...

BeachCottageShabbyChicDiningRoomWhiteAqua_Full.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie, do you have a picture of the room?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are the 3 views I have. The pictures were taken a night so its pretty dark.

maisieroombefore.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo I love that set Maisie! That blue is soo pretty! What about a pretty pale buttery yellow? White panels on the bottom? I love blue, yellow and white together.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the idea of yellow, especially for a kitchen! That''s what I''d choose for mine.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Yellow was going to be my suggestion, but I''m picturing a light whitewashed yellow. You first paint the yellow, then you have a milky white paint that you drag over it for a more dimensional paint.

Love the table and chairs! The color is just gorgeous!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 9:23:06 PM
Author: Maisie
I really love how white and clean this looks...
I love the look of this picture, and I think white is what you should go with. That set is going to be the focus of the room! I don''t like the idea of yellow.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
If you''re going shabby chic, then I think the walls should be painted white.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the suggestions. I think I will go and get some yellow and white tester pots
1.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Shabby chic can be accomplished with many different colors and most of them are pastel in nature. I can see light yellow, white, pale (sea foam) green, light blue, they'll all work in the right context. I would try to sway you against white because you do have children and white and children don't seem to go together.

In regard to your other post about the white sofa, I'll address that here while I am here:). You'll get shabby chic/country by having antiques and vintage furniture. For children, I would consider a patterned fabric so that maybe you can get away with minor stains so consider toile,flowery or striped patterns.
Are you planning on painting the dining set?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 10:43:17 PM
Author: charbie
Yellow was going to be my suggestion, but I''m picturing a light whitewashed yellow. You first paint the yellow, then you have a milky white paint that you drag over it for a more dimensional paint.

Love the table and chairs! The color is just gorgeous!

ditto! I would love that colour combo and your new table and chair set is beautiful :)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking a soft orange... kind of a the creamsicle type of look, but softer. But my second choice would be a mottled white finish -- go figure!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results