shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choosing a 5 stone diamond please!

zah_zah

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I have been looking through this forum for a while and alot of good advice from alot of friendly people.
So i thought i should join and get some help with me first diamond purchase .I want to purchase my first diamond ring for myself. I would like to purchase a right hand ring with 5 stones. Im on a budget so i was looking for a 0.75tcw or a 1 tcw.
Il be purchasing from a UK vendor, I know alot of popular vendors here are from the US and some of them do have international shipping but for tax/custom, shipping issues etc i would prefer to purchase from a UK vendor.

I was initially looking at this website purely diamonds
http://www.purelydiamonds.co.uk/a-classic-round-brilliant-cut-five-stone-diamond-ring-in-18-ct-white-gold

with VS2 stone and G color. All there stones are very good to excellent cut.

But then i came across this vendor with the same specs which is slightly less in price.
http://www.diamond-heaven.co.uk/product-detail.cfm?theProductID=81AA5561-E385-5108-4A8F7BEDDDF5C96D#.Uqd3t_RdXfI

What do you all think? :) any good. I love the 5 stone look so im defo going for that style. I also have a i (4.25) ring size, which is smallish so i dont want anything too overpowering especially for everyday wear.

Comparing the prices with the US they may be a bit more as we have 20% VAT and gold and diamonds seem to be more expensive over here, but if someone can chime in on the price that would be very usefull aswell.

Thank you so much in advance for any much needed advice.

zah_zah

Shiny_Rock
I meant to add ring to my title! a 5 stone diamond ring!

zah_zah

Shiny_Rock
anyone? :twirl:

Spayer

Rough_Rock
I think if you are going to buy a diamond ring, that you should buy it from a store, where you can try on the ring, and see the actual stones you will be wearing.

I have found online vendors, etc., to be great for some things, but if you want to KNOW what the QUALITY of the diamond is, you want to SEE it. ON YOUR HAND.

zah_zah

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the response iv actually tried on a few rings at the diamond heaven store, not the 5 stone diamond as I wasn't looking for a 5 stone at the time. Diamond seem really sparkly and nice.
I get what your saying about seeing it in person but the purely diamond store is a tad far from me 4 hours drive. So at the moment I won't be able to go.
I just wanted to kind of get a feel if the pricing is what it should be for a 5 stone diamond.
Also wondering whether the price increase from a 0.75tcw to a 1tcw is reasonable (£450-500)

Thanks for the advice

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price difference to increase from .75ctw to 1.0 ctw is 500 GBP?? :o

Get a quote from these guys. Very popular for five stone rings on PS. http://idjewelryonline.com/index.php

zah_zah

Shiny_Rock
They are US vendors and do ship internationally but is rather not buy internationally.
But thanks for the advice anyways!

zah_zah

Shiny_Rock
Iv already decided in going to purchase from from either these two vendors however I'm just thinking whether the price jump from 0.75tcw to 1tcw is worth it? In terms of size and money. Is the size different huge?

Daxxad

Rough_Rock
Hi zah_zah! I created an account just to send this message LOL. I am in LOVE with that 5 stone band from purely diamonds. Did you end up getting it? Do you have any pics? What is your ring size?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daxxad|1442792111|3929981 said:
Hi zah_zah! I created an account just to send this message LOL. I am in LOVE with that 5 stone band from purely diamonds. Did you end up getting it? Do you have any pics? What is your ring size?

Hello and welcome! We are delighted that you have joined PS!

This thread is two years old so don't know if the poster ordered this ring or not. The company was also overseas so not sure if that is good for you or not either.

If you like that style of ring, I thought I'd show you rings by Memoire - very similar and very well made:

http://www.memoire.com/catalog/collections.aspx?products=1738

If this type of ring interests you, www.pearlmans.com carries this line. They are very friendly and customer oriented so if you'd like to discuss something in this line, feel free to give them a call!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results