shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!! Can anyone tell me if this ring can be sized???

jschwick1

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

I'm wanting to get an antique engraved wedding ring. I'm looking at one that is a 6.25 but I need it to be an 8. I'll attach a pic but does anyone know if this type of ring can be sized? Even by adding a sizing bar or making an area in the back of the band that will not have the engraving? Any advice is welcome! Thank you!!

screenshot_2015-07-02-18-55-09.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The challenge is enlarging the entire ring almost 2 full sizes given side stones..it isn't as though the bottom is "just" being stretched. But \i am not a jeweller, jmho.

cheers--Sharon

jschwick1

Rough_Rock
Thanks! It is all gold, no stones, I'm hoping adding a gold bar to the back might be possible, I've seen this done with other rings but not sure if it would work or be expensive. I've been looking for something exactly like this so I'm really hoping the jeweler could make it work!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably better to have the ring custom made in the correct size. I wouldn't do it.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It could very possibly be done, but it would result in plain gold band at the bottom where the new piece was put in, unless, of course, you wanted to spend the money to build in a piece of the same design as the existing ring.

In expanding a ring that far you also face the danger of cracking the existing diamonds if the gold compresses too much on one or more of them when the ring is expanded. (If you were sizing down the stones would become loose in their settings.)

You will have an easier time getting a ring like this custom made in your size as Diamond Seeker advises, but if you can get the ring on approval to have your local jeweler give you a better answer, this would help to know for sure.

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results