shape
carat
color
clarity

Help calculating price of gold for 22k piece

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
My local B&M is having a trade-in event this week. What it means is I get to spring clean my jewelry box and apply the quoted "worth" to a new white gold/diamond/tahitian pearl lariat necklace I''''ve designed.

Here''''s where I need your help. Last year on a business trip to India, DH bought me a 22k gold chain and pendant. Though the chain is neat, the pendant is not at all what I''''d wear. So, I want to trade it in.

How can I find (or can some benevolent soul calculate) the current price per ounce for 22k gold?

~much thanks, to be paid with pictures of new pearl necklace upon completion~

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
current gold price times 22 divided by 24.

But if i were the jeweller i would have a discounting factor of about 20-30% in case the gold is not as stated and to cover refining and other costs.

The Joker

Shiny_Rock

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much!!

So, as I figure:
current price of $575

divided by 24 = $527 per ounce

Respecting Gary''s comment about purity and refining considerations, that still indicates that I can expect roughly around $400 per ounce for this butt ugly necklace!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results