shape
carat
color
clarity

Help by voting - keep my ebay purchase?

Should I keep the necklace?

• Yes, it's worth it and can be worn with lots of things.

Votes: 34 72.3%
  • No, those diamonds are too small and not worth the price you paid.

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say that if you question the purchase, then you are not as happy as you should be! I personally love it- but if you question it- I think you have your answer.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you know what? I had this on my watchlist, too! I was considering getting it to put my bezel pendant on, but I wasn't sure if I'd be happy with two tone gold. It is immensely helpful to see it on to get some perspective on the size of the stones. I am thinking that you might rather have one of the standard ones that BG or WF sell with 7 seven point stones at around a half carat tw. I think those would still be subtle but you could see the diamonds a little better.

I think the price is fine. I am just not sure it wouldn't be worth paying more to get one with larger diamonds.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Feminine--me likey. I peruse that site daily--it is an additicion!

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC|1304383725|2910620 said:
It's an okay necklace (and the price for a Simon G seems decent), but I don't think it carries enough presence on your neck! Nothing that would warrant a second glance! (but, if you are looking for subtle, it does provide that :))

I know it sounds funny, but that IS what I'm going for. Certain meetings I want to look polished but I don't want anything to stand out. I'd just wear this with my bezel earrings, wedding set and a watch - usually with something professional and low key. I do not see myself wearing it casually with a t-shirt or whatever...maybe the right summer dress. I just wear my pendant all the time.

Also, I did get the 14K WG hoops for my PS gift. Sometimes I want to wear them but that AND my pendant is a serious amount of white metal/pow! in a small bit of real estate. So this could be worn with the hoops then too.

Diamondseeker, I was thinking if I do ever get anything I want to put on a chain, this might work. That's why I need the 17 inch length. But I'm not sure it would look good with a pendant, unless it was fixed between the two bezels. I'm anal that way when it comes to symmetry.

I tried it on again, and I DO like it. Gotta love a good vacillation...... ::)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1304387838|2910698 said:
It's an okay necklace (and the price for a Simon G seems decent), but I don't think it carries enough presence on your neck! Nothing that would warrant a second glance! (but, if you are looking for subtle, it does provide that :))

I know it sounds funny, but that IS what I'm going for. Certain meetings I want to look polished but I don't want anything to stand out. I'd just wear this with my bezel earrings, wedding set and a watch - usually with something professional and low key. I do not see myself wearing it casually with a t-shirt or whatever...maybe the right summer dress. I just wear my pendant all the time.

Also, I did get the 14K WG hoops for my PS gift. Sometimes I want to wear them but that AND my pendant is a serious amount of white metal/pow! in a small bit of real estate. So this could be worn with the hoops then too.

quote]

Then for sure keep it!

I love your hoops, by the way. I ended up getting 1 1/4" ones from BN. Wasn't sure at first as I'm not a hoop girl, but turns out I LOVE them and have worn them nearly every day since they arrived in the mail. My diamond studs feel neglected. ;-) eta - and I'm already planning my second hoop purchase...a pair of hammered metal ones. Found some cute ones at Nordstrom. lol

stci

Ideal_Rock
Soooo beautiful and different! I adore it! Keep it girl! :appl:

I really think there is no dbty who sparkly like crazy. The stone are always small and we have to accept it like they are. Just my 2 cents.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC|1304389216|2910727 said:
TravelingGal|1304387838|2910698 said:

quote]

Then for sure keep it!

I love your hoops, by the way. I ended up getting 1 1/4" ones from BN. Wasn't sure at first as I'm not a hoop girl, but turns out I LOVE them and have worn them nearly every day since they arrived in the mail. My diamond studs feel neglected. ;-) eta - and I'm already planning my second hoop purchase...a pair of hammered metal ones. Found some cute ones at Nordstrom. lol

I'm telling you, hoops add sex appeal! I haven't been hit on in YEARS and now I'm getting hit on left and right! It could be the 20 pounds I dropped, or it could be the hoops. I think it's the hoops! Glad you like yours...1.25 is a GREAT every day size. I actually REALLY want some diamond hoops. Which got me thinking I should return this necklace and save for those...but then again, I really don't want yet another choice of earrings to wear. I like just having the two right now (bezel studs or hoops).

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
stci|1304389508|2910735 said:
Soooo beautiful and different! I adore it! Keep it girl! :appl:

I really think there is no dbty who sparkly like crazy. The stone are always small and we have to accept it like they are. Just my 2 cents.

True, I was surprised how much this necklace shimmers. As I said, I think the rose gold makes the necklace more interesting, in that something is "different' about it when you're just looking at it.

Plus, I don't love DBTY necklaces enough to spend even $300-$400 more on a .50 ctw one...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, you know my motto...a deal is only a deal....

I like it though and I do think it's a really great price if it's something you are wanting. It looks great on you and I think it would fulfill the purpose for which you are intending.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! I think it's perfect for the purpose intended and BONUS!-- rose gold/pink diamonds. :appl:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1304395003|2910813 said:
I love it! I think it's perfect for the purpose intended and BONUS!-- rose gold/pink diamonds. :appl:

Yes, I just louped under better lighting conditions. The diamonds definitely have a pink body color to them that I don't think is coming from the gold. I'll give the necklace a good bath tomorrow and see what it looks like.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I like it as an everyday necklace, elegant and understated... I vote keep it!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
It is a lovely chain, it most likely was originally purchased with a pendant-it is in fact 18kt white and rose gold with .18ctw white and faint pink diamonds(and should in fact be stamped with this diamond weight on the clasp). I would say keep it if you like it, if not for $390 I am sure you could find something with a little more presence. Good luck with your decision :)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I love it. It's so pretty, delicate and feminine on your neck, and it sounds like it fits the brief of situations you plan to wear it in. If you did return it, would you continue to look for something else? Would bigger diamonds in a similar style have that same understated look you need for work?

I personally would keep it. I can't help but picture it layered with your gorgeous pendant :bigsmile: I love the neck shot.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would keep it and use it as a chain and hang some sort of significant pendant from it. These days even a plain chain would cost $250.-
I think you paid a bit for the Simon G. name but his stuff is pricey.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
stepcutnut|1304424988|2910938 said:
It is a lovely chain, it most likely was originally purchased with a pendant-it is in fact 18kt white and rose gold with .18ctw white and faint pink diamonds(and should in fact be stamped with this diamond weight on the clasp). I would say keep it if you like it, if not for $390 I am sure you could find something with a little more presence. Good luck with your decision :)

Ding ding! You know your Simon G stuff! I'm glad to see these aren't 3 pointers...because they are pretty small. 2 pointers make sense to me. D018 is stamped on the clasp, so that must mean the .18 ctw. I was also thinking it would have made sense that this was a chain for a pendant.

I'm still debating, but one of the reason I was thinking of keeping it was maybe I'd get pretty pendant someday to put on the chain...I just don't really need one right now.

DandiAndi, I tried it with my pendant yesterday. I'm not sure what I think of it. It doesn't look bad, per se, but that pendant is such a presence on it's own, I'm not sure adding anything makes it look good! But it would look nice layered with something else I may buy in the future.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Well, I really love it, but I go for dainty understated kinds of things, especially in necklaces. I think it would be a great everyday necklace.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again all. Think I should make it a ring? It's got enough for finger coverage, hehehe. :devil:

Kidding.

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and the two necklaces layered for DandiAndi. Can't say I think it looks good.....

IMG_1667.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results