shape
carat
color
clarity

Help- buying diamond today! Is this a good diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sensibled

Rough_Rock
I''m considering buying this diamond today and would really appreciate any opinions. Thank you.

Shape and Cut: Round Brilliant (2.00 carat)
Measurements: 8.18 x 8.15 x 4.88 mm
Proportions
Depth: 59.8%
Table: 60%
Crown: 34 degrees
Pavillion: 40.8 degrees
Girdle: Med to medium faceted

Culet: None

Finish
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent

Clarity: SI2

Color: F

Flourescense: Medium Blue

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good from the numbers. Just make sure it is eye-clean.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/29/2009 12:55:17 PM
Author:sensibled
I'm considering buying this diamond today and would really appreciate any opinions. Thank you.

Shape and Cut: Round Brilliant (2.00 carat)
Measurements: 8.18 x 8.15 x 4.88 mm
Proportions
Depth: 59.8%
Table: 60%
Crown: 34 degrees
Pavillion: 40.8 degrees
Girdle: Med to medium faceted

Culet: None

Finish
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent

Clarity: SI2

Color: F

Flourescense: Medium Blue
This is a 60 60 type diamond which some like, these can tend to be more brilliant than fiery in some cases, is this what you want and have you seen it in person? I would suggest comparing it with some AGS0 from Jareds if there is one nearby or Heart on Fire if there is a dealer near you to see which type of diamond you prefer, then if this one stands out then fine. The diamonds I mentioned previously will usually have a smaller table so you can get an comparison of both.

If you have seen this one and like it then thats the main thing, or if it is with an online vendor then ask if they can send you an Idealscope or ASET image, also check carefully that it is eyeclean to your standards.

If you aren't familiar with Idealscope or ASET, this link explains.

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=education-performance

I take it this diamond has a GIA report? Also this is important to know, what is the grade making inclusion or inclusions please, such as feather, clouds etc?

sensibled

Rough_Rock
Lorelei,

To be honest, I''m not sure I can tell the difference between brilliance and fire, but after reading the descriptions of each characteristic I think brilliance is probably my preference. It does have a GIA cert. I''m considering buying it from an online retailer, so I have never seen it but I will ask them to send an idealscope.

The plot showing inclusions contains a few feathers near the edge but really there are very few blemishes compared to what I''ve seen with other SI2s. I''m told by the jewler that it is eye clean and there is a money back guarantee, which makes me feel more comfortable.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/29/2009 1:19:02 PM
Author: sensibled
Lorelei,

To be honest, I''m not sure I can tell the difference between brilliance and fire, but after reading the descriptions of each characteristic I think brilliance is probably my preference. It does have a GIA cert. I''m considering buying it from an online retailer, so I have never seen it but I will ask them to send an idealscope.

The plot showing inclusions contains a few feathers near the edge but really there are very few blemishes compared to what I''ve seen with other SI2s. I''m told by the jewler that it is eye clean and there is a money back guarantee, which makes me feel more comfortable.
That sounds like a plan, if they can send you an IS image then that would be very helpful. 60 60 diamonds do have their fans who appreciate the look and the brilliance - you should still get some fire but maybe not quite as much as the '' near Tolkowsky'' type diamonds we often see here.

I would check that there aren''t clouds plotted, in other words that they aren''t grade setting inclusions as sometimes in SI grades these can cause a loss of brilliance - rare but not unheard of. Get the seller or an appraiser to check out the feathers and that should be ok, make sure the feathers aren''t in a vulnerable area or break the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results