shape
carat
color
clarity

help between 2 diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dentures_79

Rough_Rock
Hi all~ I''m new to the site but read the posts often..they have all really helped me in narrowing down between two different diamonds. I am currently in the process of upgrading my center stone and any opinions are greatly appreciated..as I am still a newbie:) Both prices are reasonable and both diamonds are beautiful but any thoughts of which is a better diamond overall :)

.59 vvs1 D ideal
depth-61.2%
table-55.1%
crown angle-33.5
pav angle-40.8
culet-.4%
fluorescence-none
HCA score- .8

.53 vvs1 D ideal
depth-60.7%
table-56.7%
crown angle-33.6
pav depth-43.1 (did not get the angle)
culet-.3%
fluorescence-none
HCA score- .9

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
from the info provided...
earrings anyone?
Do you have IS images or other info?
Whats the reason for D-vvs1?
There are valid reasons for it but its costing you to get it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are paying a high premium for D color and VVS1 clarity. Is there a reason why?? You could get a much bigger stone if you went with an F or a G, with VS1 - VS2.

dentures_79

Rough_Rock
Originally I was looking at a larger stone with alittle lower clarity/color but my original setting would have to be altered..so I decided to stay with a smaller stone. I know the HCA recommended stones closer to 2 rather than .5 but both stones received ex,ex,ex,vg and visually I thought they looked nice. Both stones were ideal cut (but I believe GIA changed so I think now excellent..as explained but the jeweler) but with the given depth/table and everything are they bad diamonds or visually just appropiate for earrings. I am still new so I''m still tring to learn all the good vs bad. The jeweler offered a good trade-in for my old stone so I was going to try and see if I could still find a nice stone there. Do either of these diamonds sound ok? thank you

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
They both sound good. I think somebody suggested earrings just because they are so similar. They are a fine size for an engagement ring as well.

They really are similar and I am not an expert, but I would recommend #1 because it is a bit bigger and because you have the angles, which tend to give more accurate HCA readings than percentages.

The HCA doesn''t have a preference for a score of 2.0; that is just the cut off for its excellent score. 0.8 and 0.9 are both smokin'' scores.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 5:19:24 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
They both sound good. I think somebody suggested earrings just because they are so similar.

I should have been more clear but for those that dont know me.
Yea with the info there they are well matched.
More info would be needed to decide if one was better than the other.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 5:02:05 PM
Author: dentures_79
Originally I was looking at a larger stone with alittle lower clarity/color but my original setting would have to be altered..so I decided to stay with a smaller stone. I know the HCA recommended stones closer to 2 rather than .5 but both stones received ex,ex,ex,vg and visually I thought they looked nice. Both stones were ideal cut (but I believe GIA changed so I think now excellent..as explained but the jeweler) but with the given depth/table and everything are they bad diamonds or visually just appropiate for earrings. I am still new so I''m still tring to learn all the good vs bad. The jeweler offered a good trade-in for my old stone so I was going to try and see if I could still find a nice stone there. Do either of these diamonds sound ok? thank you

They both sound ok.
Look at them both and compare them to other diamonds and go with the one that speaks to you.

dentures_79

Rough_Rock
Well I have alittle more information I don''t know if this helps but with the 2nd diamond the pavillion angle is a 41.1 which on the HCA scores a ex/ex/vg/vg 1.8 The first stone was a .8 ex/ex/ex/vg Any thoughts?

dentures_79

Rough_Rock
Sorry I ran the 1st numbers again it was ex/vg/vg/vg 1.8. Is the more ex better or the HCA closer to 2?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results