Help a girl out, blonde or brunette?

Blonde or Brunette?

• Blonde

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Brunette

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m trying to decide what I want to be...help me out by choosing what looks better on me (this is a pic of me!):

n528956417_426870_1915.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I think you have just photoshopped ...so what I am going to say doesn''t make sense. But to me as a brunette your face and complexion look warmer. Not sure how pasting one color on an existing image can do that much...but that is what my eye sees. Comparing the two...I think you may be washed out a bit with that shade of blonde. You do not want to see red in your skin tone...when you get the right shade of hair coloring you won''t see red. Just natural beauty!!!

I would definitely go to an more elite salon...and get a great colorist. Most hair color is not ONE shade. You usually get variances in shades. That may be what will work best for you. Rich color with low lights...maybe three shades...not as flat or one color as the image your provided.

What color are your eyes?

DKS

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I see more red in the first pic, so maybe that tone is coming out in the computer screen. But, I choose blonde for the same reason DKS chose brunette, I see the red color that seems to appear in your complexion with the brunette.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, the blonde turned out a little more yellow in the pic than what it looks like in real life (it's more of an ash blonde than the golden blonde in the pic...but the pics are the exact same pic (ie same color tone) of me, and then I pasted the brunette on top...as for going to a great colorist, you better believe I will go! I tried going brunette when I was in my teens and it turned out green-ish...I haven't attempted being brunette since! lol.

ETA: yeah, I was trying to get more of a color contrast in the brunette, but it just kept giving me blonde streaks...And my eyes are a brown/gold/hazel color. Thanks so much for the input!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
just one more pic, hopefully without the "redness"... it seems so funny to ask people that don''t even know me, but I really appreciate this! Looks like the brunettes are in the lead.

halloween blonde vs brunette.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
Both look nice, but brunette looks better. Like was mentioned, get it done by someone who really knows color and can give you some great highlights and lowlights to add depth... it will look totally rich/warm.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2007 11:46:59 PM
Author: sera
Both look nice, but brunette looks better. Like was mentioned, get it done by someone who really knows color and can give you some great highlights and lowlights to add depth... it will look totally rich/warm.

I agree. I think I like you as a brunette better.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh I forgot to mention I just got a magazine CUT AND COLOR (will be on shelves until Nov12) they have a segment on this subject!! Using stars such as Faith Hill, Sophia Bush, Carla Gugino, Jacquetta Wheeler, Amanda Bynes...

It shows two pictures of all of these women as Blondes...and Brunettes (actually Sophia is Chocolate brown then a crimson red) but you can see what color does for complexion and if may help persuade you one way or the other. A pro critics their color choice and points out with eye-skin-hair texture which is best.

Bet you are going to love the change...what ever you chose.

DKS

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely brunette, makes your eyes just POP! You''re gorgeous either way, but I''d do brunette over and above blonde for sure. I''m a brunette naturally but have gone blondish before with lots of highlights and people have always told me I''m better as a brunette...see my Who''s Who for pics!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I vote brunette! It really brings out your features and you look so elegant as a brunette in the second pic!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m going against the crowd but I think you look great as a blonde!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2007 3:49:49 AM
Author: bee*
I''m going against the crowd but I think you look great as a blonde!
Ditto!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I have a preference for Blonde. Maybe I''m bias? I think you''re skin tone compliments the blonde tones. Your coloring is similar to mine, and I''m naturally blonde (dark blonde) I dunno, I just always associate blonde with sun, warmth, youth, playfulness...blondes get noticed...lol. Sorry brunettes. There are a ton of stunning brunettes, however...something about soft, shiny, blonde hair that just gets my attention and my vote! (I''m straight by the way...lol)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Brunette with some foils :) Either way you look really pretty :)

I'm addicted to hair colour possibly cause my sister is a hairdresser so I change my colour fairly often :)

A suggestion :) weave some of the blonde through in the under layers and possibly some darker and lighter colour foils to help break up the colour, you will need to go a redisher brown if your going from blonde to help alleviate any green to your new colour definitely without a doubt do it professionally :). And finally to lift the colour a bit and add some beautiful warm chestnut/auburn reflects :)

The brunette makes your features standout more and with the lovely pale skin you have to me I think it will work really well :)

P.S A hint to make the colour look more real :) Have your eyebrows tinted a half to one shade darker then your new colour :)

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 4:27:00 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 10/12/2007 3:49:49 AM

Author: bee*

I'm going against the crowd but I think you look great as a blonde!

Ditto!

Thritto (is that even a word?) I like you as blonde too. But it seems like I usually go against the majority....lol

beau13

Ideal_Rock
BLONDE! (oh can we vote twice? lol)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 5:24:53 PM
Author: beau13
BLONDE! (oh can we vote twice? lol)

yeah, me too!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much you guys (and for the compliments!)
9.gif
. I really appreciate the posts too! I''ve always been blonde and I do really like it, but I just think I am ready to try something totallly new for me. So far it''s 60% going for brunette... I have a wedding next weekend and then I am going to make an appointment (which always takes weeks to get in) and I am (nervously) going to try being brunette...So I will post the pics as soon as I can! I guess I can always go back to being blonde if it looks hideous!
31.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
slightly reddish brown with highlights

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results