shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello Girls! Long time no see...Anyone in TV??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AMALEEKEL

Rough_Rock
1.gif
hi ladies in waiting!

Just stopping by to say hello!!! I was pretty regular on here for several months...and then got way to obsessed and had to quit cold turkey because it was making me neurotic.

I''m still not engaged...still on the list...still feel like I am just spinning my wheels!!!!!

I''ve been at my job for over a year. I KNOW it''s not my future...so I''m just waiting and trying to figure out what to do with myself.

Is anyone on here in TV? I''m a producer. I believe almost everyone in that business goes into it wanting to be on-air...but I ended up getting this job and gave up on that.

Lately that fire has been stirring and i''m so conflicted!!!

My boyfriend just got a great job here...which is over 2 hours away from where I could get a job possibly on air.

He told me to do what I needed to do and we would make it work...but I just don''t know what to do.

Anyone ever been in this situation before? Anyone (former LIW) live away from husband for first years or so of marriage?

Just curious!!! :)

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Amaleekel!! Good to see you again!! I can''t say that I''ve known anyone in your particular situation... just wanted to stop in and say hi!!

Actually, when my dad remarried, his wife was (is) a flight attendant so, while they weren''t separated, they were away from each other A LOT. Then, several years into their marriage, my dad sold his business & went back to college to complete his masters & doctorate, so he moved from Houston to College Station (Texas A&M) and his wife, who hated being based out of Houston, moved to Cincinnati. They did that for several (maybe even 5 or 6) years and I guess it seems to have worked out okay - they''ve been married for 24 years I think. It''s obviously not an ideal situation and not for everyone, but I guess it''s proof that it is ''doable''!!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, Amaleekel! I can sympathize with taking a break from this -- I''ve been trying to limit my "Pricescoping" to lessen my obsession, too.

I''m not in TV, but I was in theatre for a while and I always had to choose between technical/design (i.e. paying jobs) and trying to get roles. I have friends who go into directing or administration or even teaching college and then find it hard to try to go back to performing and leaving the stability. But I always say you have to follow your gut. If you know that you would be good on air, why not take another stab at it? You can always go back to producing or even move on to a completely new career. I''m a teacher now, but I can''t imagine doing it for another 25 years. Something else will be around the bend. You never know what life will bring you unless you make it happen yourself.
1.gif

As for being married and being apart, I have no personal experience, but a the parents of a good friend of mine lived on opposite sides of the Atlantic Ocean for a few years and came through it just fine. They had, however, been married for a long time. Distance is hard, no matter what, and it would have to be considerably harder on a new marriage. I think that is a very personal decision. Only you and your significant other can figure out if you can do it.

All that being said, two hours isn''t that far. Could you live somewhere in the middle and each commute? It may sound like a long drive, but I could work if it wasn''t forever. But my perspective may be different...I live in New Jersey and everyone commutes!
14.gif

Good Luck to you and your BF! (And here''s hoping you get "off the list" with all due speed!
2.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results