shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello from a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JROC

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I am new to this forum, but I have been trolling for a few months now but I just wanted to say hello and that this is a GREAT forum of knowledgeable and straight forward people. You all helped me indirectly with my diamond purchase and I thank you. Now time for the setting purchase, not sure what yet but I might be asking questions soon.
9.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS!!
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to PS!!
35.gif
Ask away! The people here are just awesome!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome
35.gif
35.gif
We have a lot of fun here and are happy to help you!!!!

JROC

Rough_Rock
Thank you, thank you and hello
35.gif
I''ve noticed by reading most of the threads that you are correct the people on this forum are not only knowledgable, but very nice.

JROC

Rough_Rock
Hi again,
I at least thought I should share a picture of the loose diamond I bought. It is hard to find a setting because my GF is all over the map,
8.gif
The latest is Pave style rings, although she doesn''t like the busy looking ones. And she doesn''t know that I bought a stone or that I will even propose so I try to get ideas from her when we are in the mall. hehehe.

She did see one that she absolutely loved but it was in a B&M store 10 hrs (driving) away and I can not find anything like it anywhere, not even on the internet! ug! I did call them and they are sending me pictures, I guess they didn''t want to send them over e-mail fo r fear I would have someone copy it. I guess I can understand that, but hey that is what a scanner is for huh?
2.gif

I will post the pictures once I get them.
9.gif

Copy of DIA 001.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
JROC,
Wow that is just a gorgeous diamond. What are the specs, it''s just stunning!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

JROC

Rough_Rock
Thank you, I agree it is a beautiful stone. It is a .93 AGS000

Diameter: 6.24
Total Depth : 62.3%
Crown Angle: 33.8%
Crown hwight: 14.9%
Pav Angle: 40.9
Culet: 0.3%
Table: 55.5%
Girdle: 2.0% Sl thk
Proportion: 0

I think when I ran the HCA it came up 1.4 - excellent

I'm sorry I forgot to metion, it is a D/VS1

Edit:
Here is the Cut advisor info:

Factor Grade

Light Return: Excellent
Fire: Excellent
Scintillation: Excellent
Spread or diameter for weight: Very Good

Total Visual Performance 1.2 - Excellent
within TIC range

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! Great job!

Personally I suggest you go with a basic 6 prong setting. It''s relatively inexpensive and you might be able to "Trade it in" towards a setting whereever you plan to get the setting.

JROC

Rough_Rock
Thanks ame, I did think of that as am option but it isn''t my first. I am kind of an old fashion guy when it comes to this. I would rather get ideas from her and get the one I most likely think she would want. Like I said I do have a few ideas from her, but geting a solitare might be a possibility if I can''t get that "one"

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did pick a beauty with that one. Now please tell us again what kind of settings she likes. I am sure we can help you find a beautiful setting for your girl.
1.gif

JROC

Rough_Rock
Well, she has Long and thin fingers, not petite more dainty I guess you could say.

She has seen some solitares which thinker bands that she likes. She really like pave styles but not too busy, just diamonds on each side. Yes, I know there are tons of them. She did like the Scott Kay one he has and the A Jaffe also. The one she fell in love with which I actually liked as well was pave but a very dainty setting. It is too hard to describe, in fact she has a hard time remembering what it looked like. I will have a picture of it hopefully tomorrow to show all of you.

I know what she doesn''t like so that is at least good.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results