shape
carat
color
clarity

HELLO ANYONE ON UNCERTIFIED DIAMONDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

YMA

Shiny_Rock
If if looks good to the eye would you buy??????????????????

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2005 6:08:28 PM
Author:YMA
If if looks good to the eye would you buy??????????????????

over $500 then nope.
Gia's lowest cost cert is around $50
the 10% is worth it.

unless its used at a huge discount then id consider it but anything over a $1000 forget it.
Even at the $1000 point id get an appraisal from a good independant appraiser.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
these days you cant be sure you will get the right grading.... even from a reputable labratory like GIA...

if you guys get my drift

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
It depends on your priorities. If you want to know exactly what the color is and what the clarity is and want a super ideal cut, you need a certificate that reports those things. I''m not quite as concerned about specs. Although I''m no expert I have been doing so much research on line and looked at so many photos of diamonds and loose diamonds at stores that I feel I could pick a good diamond without a cert if I trusted the jeweler. I would have to buy it loose, though, and the jeweler would have to let me into their shop so I could look at the color in the appropriate light. I would also need to see it under a scope rather than a loupe. The only thing I would be concerned about is the cut, and I think you really have to have the right equipment to measure the proportions. If I were concerned about getting a super ideal cut I''d definitely want an AGS or EGL cert that shows the measurement of the proportions. But, I''m not hung up on it having to be a particular color. For instance, I don''t "need" an F to be satisfied. I think I would be able to tell if it was nice, bright white upside down and under a scope I could see the inclusions and that would satisfy me.

My first two diamonds were not certified and I had very good luck with them, so that contributes to my opinion. If I had had a bad experience, I might not be so cocky, LOL!

BTW, though, a cert is very handy if you ever decide to change your setting. Something in writing to identify your diamond and make sure you are getting back the same one you dropped of is very, very comforting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results