shape
carat
color
clarity

HELLLP!!! Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gpetrewski

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie much like many others out there on this site, I really need some good advice on what specs I should be looking for in a diamond ring. I would like a .5 CT G color or better round cut, but most importantly I want it to sparkle and show off brilliant colors. Originally I was looking at the Leo Diamond at Kay Jewelers in my local mall, but after reading the posts on this site it lead me to believe I can get a much better stone for my money. I was also interested in the Sitara Collection Diamond rings at Littman Jewelers, so if you have any comments on that particular collection let me know. I would like to spend around $2000 or less, but willing to go around $3000 if it is worth the money.

Please post your thoughts on what the specs should be for an ideal sparkling .5 CT round cut and approx. prices. Thanks for the help.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Gpetrewski, welcome to the forum. I guess you shouldn''t have a problem getting 0.5-0.7ct G-SI1 ideal cut stone and a ring with $3,000 budget. You can try search and comparison from the front page or search by cut quality.

Sorry I never heard about Sitara Diamonds before. Hopefully somebody else on the forum had seen them

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!

You already know what you want in terms of color and carat weight....so I would read up on CUT (the most important C of all, and one that is probably very under-valued at Kay and most other mall stores) in the diamond tutorial.

Good luck! You should be able to do something very nice with your budget and criteria. What kind of setting are you looking for?

gpetrewski

Rough_Rock
Thanks blueroses for some of that info. it does help me out quite a bit, In regaurds to the actual ring I would like to get her just a simple solitare setting with other diamond accents on the sides. Or possibly a three stone 1 CT total weight ring....let me know if you have any other suggestions or places I could go on the net to find a good deal
emteeth.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
There is a thread on Show Me the Ring that has a lot of 3-stone rings that might help w/ some inspiration?

As a jumping-off point for starting to look, here are some links for settings:

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/engagement-search_results.cfm?cat_cd=engage-side-d

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/1.htm

http://www.niceice.com/jewelry/engagement_rings.htm

There are a lot of great and well-regarded Internet vendors here on PS....I''d search around and read about others'' experiences to get an idea!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results