shape
carat
color
clarity

Heirloom diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So, it''s been a while since I''ve visited, thanks to enjoying married life and having other things happening.

There was a wide-band thread on here a while back, which made me have buyer''s remorse briefly over my 4mm platinum wedding band. When I almost married 2 decades ago, I had a wide yellow gold wedding band picked out, and still love that 10mm look....well, I got my wide wedding band! Sort of.

I just inherited what I call my Cookie Monster ring. A dear friend (age 93) with no family, left this to my mother, who can''t get it on, and it sliipped on me like butter. So, this is my new right hand ring combo. (she got a 2.2 carat solitaire, an H color SI2 that''s not bad at ALL, lucky gal)

This is a 10mm yellow gold band that has a very old inscription inside. This was our friend''s FATHER''S wedding band in...well, who knows what year, if the son just died at 93. At some point our friend took his wife''s first engagement ring diamond and his mother-in-law''s engagement ring diamond and had them set on his father''s band. I assume sized for his late wife, since it''s a 5.5. It''s a goofy little ring. The diamonds are .47 and .38, colors H and I, with SI1 and SI2 clarity. They are sparkly and enjoyable, though! The little one has a fracture under a prong, says the new appraisal.

Since they are slightly different sizes, it has a cartoonish cockeyed look. Which, frankly -- I love! My husband calls it the headlight ring, but it''s my muppet ring to me. I love it, feel sentimental about it, and feel honored it was given to me.

I added some teeny diamond guard rings to set it off, and I am loving wearing it, after being a sterling chunky silver fan all my life.

Wow, I went 50+ years without really any diamonds other than the occasional tiny promise ring or used as accents... and this past year, it''s been Diamond N-Jo -- what with the engagement ring, this Cookie monster ring, my baby guard rings, and my gorgeous circle of life pendant, made especially for me of 33 D color VVS1 diamonds (O is also my new last initial) That necklace sparkles like a lunatic. I don''t know the size of them, but it is a remarkable necklace. Someone here at work has the mall store $99 version, and she practically runs from me when we meet, hanging her head over that gray circle around her neck, poor thing. Look how snooty I''ve become, all diamond-laden.

Anyway, for your amusement or enjoyment, I present N-jo''s cookie-monster ring!

Two more pics to follow ...

cookiemonsterring.jpg

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
goofy, isn''t it?

muppetring.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s cool! And I love how it looks with the guard rings.

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
and the last, on a hand that realllly needs a manicure....

I am quite dazzled by the round brilliants, now. As an avowed emerald-cut girl, I''m surprised how much I love these little rounds! The ring makes me chuckle, it really does.
30.gif

N-jo

ringsJRD.jpg

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
cooo-kieee!

I love my little baby 1/2 eternity rings. I wear another one as a spacer between my e-ring and my wedding band. Because -- now i see why people solder their rings together. The plat band I never wanted to take off, ever -- has already gotten dinged by my engagment ring -- and I bet I''ll be having it polished, just like the rest of you do!
I already screwed up the "forever on" part by tipsily removing it at our reception to show everywone what 10 or 12 (or whatever it is) grams of platinum felt like. (Especially compared to my husband''s titanium piece of fluff)

The husbunny''s ring, of course, by Bruce Boone, hasn''t a mark on it. He LOVES his ring, "treebark matte with accents" titaniium. As a mountain biker, he has found it really comfy and it takes a beating without showing it.

N-jo

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that ring is really cool. Think of all the sunrises and sunsets that baby has been through.... It looks great with the diamond bands!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, what a lucky girl!!! I love it; very unique
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, I think it is adorable. I really like the two ring guards with it. What memories it must have.

Linda

krockie

Shiny_Rock
I love the sentimentality of it, and how special it must have been for your friend and his family. I think it looks great with the two side rings.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
N-Jo, I really like the style, and the diamonds look very nice.
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
I love it!
30.gif
Isn''t it great to have something with a "story"? The bands are a great addition, too..

Congrats!
widget

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How wonderful for you---wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i love the history the ring has and its a beauty, especially withthose sparkly ring guards. enjoy!

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
I love heirloom rings and diamonds!!!!!! It is very beautiful.......Congratulations

MWG

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I love it. Heirloom pieces are always so special.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
N-jo, your new Cookie Monster ring is so cool-I really like it. It looks fantastic with the ring guards! What a special ring, too-the story behind it is great!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 5:03:28 PM
Author: N-jo
cooo-kieee!

I love my little baby 1/2 eternity rings. I wear another one as a spacer between my e-ring and my wedding band. Because -- now i see why people solder their rings together. The plat band I never wanted to take off, ever -- has already gotten dinged by my engagment ring -- and I bet I''ll be having it polished, just like the rest of you do!
I already screwed up the ''forever on'' part by tipsily removing it at our reception to show everywone what 10 or 12 (or whatever it is) grams of platinum felt like. (Especially compared to my husband''s titanium piece of fluff)

The husbunny''s ring, of course, by Bruce Boone, hasn''t a mark on it. He LOVES his ring, ''treebark matte with accents'' titaniium. As a mountain biker, he has found it really comfy and it takes a beating without showing it.

N-jo
I really think you need a sapphire ring for the top and put a cognac hued solitaire between the two diamond bands below ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results