shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts on Fire Price Check

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

freudmind

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if I could get a second opinion on the prices on a couple hearts on fire diamonds:

HoF H VS2 .60c plat. setting and tax included for $4000 out the door

HoF J SI2 .88c plat. setting and tax included for $4500 out the door

I noticed many people posting that hearts on fire diamonds are overpriced but this seems like a relatively fair offer. I was just wondering if anyone else thought the same. I unfortunately dont have the cut-angle numbers with me and I can find out but they are obviously AGS000.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I used to post under the tag bar01.

I am no diamond expert, but here is what I found about HOF''s

Short Story

HOF diamonds cost almost twice what I paid for my Whiteflash ACA''s and don''t look as good.

Long Story

I recently got engaged (picts and story to follow next week). As part of the engagement experience I took her on a Caribbean cruise to propose. The cruise ship was full of endorsements for diamond/precious gem shopping while in ports of call. They have a table in the lobby of the ship with pamphlets on Diamonds In international and HOF. Pitches from ship TV “The best place in the world to buy diamonds and Gems! Best deals! Buy Now!” One of the ship announcers even had a 4C''s course on the television and said something ludicrous about not being able to rate/grade cuts . Of course, Diamonds International was a dealer of Hearts on Fire. Well having heard about HOF on Pricescope I was pumped to look. Well the day after the proposal on St. Thomas (top of paradise point!)- my gal and I decided to stop in at a few of the shops in the next port. Lots of dull diamonds and dark Sapphires. Diamonds International had a loose HOF H SI-2 diamond of the same size as my gals ACA G SI-1''s. I was able to put that HOF diamond right next to my gals ACA in her ring. The HOF was nice, but the ACA beat it. Then I asked what the price was - it was almost twice what I paid and it was a grade lower in color and clarity! Wow !

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
we gotta wait until next week for pics and more details
emquestion.gif

emphoto.gif
now!
1.gif
And what cruise line did you go on and when??

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hearts on Fire is sold through retail establishments (B&M stores). Most B&M''s must on average mark up their stones 50%-75% over internet minimal markup sites just to pay for the stores and staff. Diffeferent marketing market and stratage.

The one store that I looked at Hearts on Fire diamonds was only slightly more expensive than the other B&M store that I know focuses on well cut diamonds.

The IdealScope images on the Hearts on Fire diamonds I looked at were the best I have personally seen in a B&M store - and I am sure that the diamonds look great in ordianary light.

Concerning which actually looks better. WhiteFlash "A Cut Above", 8*, Hearts on Fire, and seveal others...

Each of those companies is cutting to a different look. Some people may prefer the look of one over the other.

Bottom line: The Hearts on Fire diamond is an awsome looking diamond - with a specific look.

If all you want is an awsome looking diamond and don''t care about the type of look: then you can do better, much better, pricewise via largly internet dealers (Good Old Gold, NiceIce, Whiteflash "A Cut Above" line. Superbcert, and others with more looking.

If you like and want the look of the Hearts on Fire diamond, and want a name brand like it - then the prices you are paying are probably comparable to other name brand diamonds you are buying in B&M stores.

It is your money, and your diamond. In the end, as long as you are satisfied - then it is OK.

Perry

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2005 1:42:26 PM
Author: KBerly
we gotta wait until next week for pics and more details
emquestion.gif

emphoto.gif
now!
1.gif
And what cruise line did you go on and when??
Well, I need time to compose my post and pictures!!!

Here are some teasers -

3 stone Tiffany style ring. Untreated round blue sapphire with two side diamonds. Not huge - just really,really nice.

Cruise - Royal Caribbean Cruise lines – Dec 18 – Dec 24 Western Caribbean. Fantastic trip.

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
I just saw a HoF in a local store that was about $18,000 for 1.5 carats. I don''t know if this is normal pricing for this brand of stone, but there''s no way I would pay those prices!

freudmind

Rough_Rock
I will have the cut specs on monday. I wouldnt mind the .88 because it has about the same spread of a non-ideal ~1ct. I know that my soon-to-be has size as the highest priority and the HoF branding makes little difference but she does love them and I know she would not mind one.
2.gif
The thing is that I dont think she would want to sacrifice size/weight as much as a branded cut. I ideally would like to find a H&A AGS000 unbranded and stay as close to a carat as possible without going over $4500. The jewler has been a family friend for 15 years and from what I believe is giving a good deal for a HoF esp with the tax and setting inclusive. I was just wondering if others felt the same.

freudmind

Rough_Rock
One thing I forgot to mention. As for the sentimentaility and tradition of the buying process, if my gf found out I purchased through an internet vendor then I would be a dead man. I also just feel better knowing I hand picked the diamond myself instead of taking a chance on the quality and appraising it within the trial period.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2005 3:15:20 PM
Author: freudmind
One thing I forgot to mention. As for the sentimentaility and tradition of the buying process, if my gf found out I purchased through an internet vendor then I would be a dead man. I also just feel better knowing I hand picked the diamond myself instead of taking a chance on the quality and appraising it within the trial period.

To each his own - you have to do what is right for you and your gal. Sounds like you have a trusted local Jeweler – which is worth more than gold. The HOF diamonds will blow away your typical diamonds. It should be quite a ring.

I have heard about the “internet stigma” for some people. There is a perception of it not being a personal experience. For me it is an experience of a life time - When I told my gal the whole story of my efforts in creating her ring --- 6 months of education & research, analysis of fine gems - origins/cuts/color/clarity/scintillation buying gem books, emails with people all around the world, phone calls to Texas, New York,and Florida, discussions on internet sites, and buying gems from the best sources around the country, and finally having a completely custom made setting (wax molds and all) – well - She about fell over - and brags to everyone what I did to get her the “perfect” ring. I still remember spending those pre sale examination week(s) nervously pacing around holding loose Sapphires - and later on - the diamonds between my fingers - in all sorts of lights and locations (backyard, basement, kitchen, office, and vegetable/fruit isle at the grocery store). Running into high end stores (on Michigan Ave in Chicago) on my lunch hours to make sure that what I was about to buy was as good or better than anything they had to offer at any price. Something to tell the kids I think

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results