shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts On Fire "Dream" cut diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hardness10

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have a question that I''ve been meaning to ask. What do you all think about the sqaure Hearts On Fire "Dream"cut diamond? I"ve seen the dream next to a nicely cut radiant and i defeinatly see a difference in brightness, but is it really worth the price? I did some research about the stones and i found lots of ethier cool stuff about it or clever marketing, and i dunno which. what do you all at PS think about them?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have never had a side by side comparisons with other well cut squares.

That they are better than radiants is not saying much.

Of course now that the new AGS 0 princess cuts will be on the market - it is likely there will be as good and better square options available.

In fact some of Paul from Antwerp''s princesses have now been released.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s a bunch of other branded square and rectangular cuts all pretending to be the most brilliant.

Several have been talked about on Pricescope (try to search for "Jubilee", "Regent" and "Flanders"). They''d make a more reasonable comparison to the Hof than a generic radiant. Also, there is a branded radiant cut that might be a better match for brighteness and a better option for price. It is presented at radiantcut.com.

You may track down one of those rads locally. On this forum, Diamonds by Lauren is a distributor (link)

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Last year I bought a Jubilee cut from GOG. Before I bought it I compare it''s price to that of a HOF Dream cut diamond with the same weight, color, and clarity. The HOF was over 60% more than the Jubilee.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think many of us agree here that Hearts on Fire, beautiful as they may be, are not worth the extra premium. With a bit of effort you can find unbranded diamonds that will match in quality and be substantially cheaper.

hardness10

Rough_Rock
Ep6585--

So i have a couple more questions. First and foremost, what is a jubilee? I''ve never even heard of that cut.
Secondly, did you see them side by side? I know HOF are pricey, but I guess its a price vs value question. if it was 60% more expensive than the Jub. but looked the same then its a rip, but if it was 60% brighter, then there may be some exttra value there.. am i making sense? The people that know what they are doing in the store really gave me a compelling arguement as to why you would pay more for an HOF, but its hard to see the line between value and marketing gimmics. I''d love to see your Jubliee and hear a little about it!

The only other rad. cuts i''ve seen other than HOF is the Crisscut (which i hated) and a sqaure cusion (I can''t remember the name but it wasn''t what i wanted.... what else is out there?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2005 10:33:57 PM
Author: hardness10

The people that know what they are doing in the store really gave me a compelling arguement as to why you would pay more for an HOF, but its hard to see the line between value and marketing gimmics
what you expect them to say? our HOF cost alot more than other stones of the same quality.don''t forget they''re salesmen,some of them were working at Mcdonald''s last week.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
60%... is that 60% more brilliant ? bigger ? more square ? more "HOF" ? or just more expensive ?

If the value added is invisible to you, than there is no value added. I would not start by assuming there is something there that cannot be understood but definitely worth paying for.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
The Jubilee is a squareish cut diamond similar to the HOF Dream. Good Old Gold ( LINK ) and several other Pricescope vendors sell them.

I''ve seen both the HOF Dream and the Jubilee just not side by side. They were both very nice but I felt the HOF Dream wasn''t worth paying 60% more for.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Jubilee and have looked at several HOF Dreams. In my opinion the performance is similar. The HOF is by no means 60% brighter. Some argue the Jubilee performs better.

If you are interested in that shape and don''t want to pay the premium you owe it to yourself to check out the Jubilee and the H&A square cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results