shape
carat
color
clarity

Heart Shaped--CONFUSED

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Philly19131

Rough_Rock

Hello all:

I have been looking for months for a Heart Shaped diamond. I think I have found one, but I need to be sure! It is priced at somewhere near $9200. Can someone help me. The specs are below:

Carat Weight: 1.71
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Cut: ??? (It doesn''t have a cut designation)
Dimensions: 6.67 X 8.78 X 4.72

I have a thick to very thick girdle, which I know hides a lot of weight (weight that I am paying for!!), but does it affect anything else?

My depth is 53.8%. I know this sacrifices brilliance if too shallow. Would this depth be considered to shalllow for optimal brilliance? I wanted it around high 50''s, low 60''s. How much brilliance and fire an I losing???

My table is 59 and I am pretty happy about that.

My polish is Very Good.

My symmetry is Good. I have no idea what this means, though.

No culet.

As for the look of the diamond, it has a ratio of 1.33, which means that it is a "fat diamond". Does this affect anything in terms of brilliance or anything?

And it has no flurorescence.

Does anyone here think this is a bad/horrible/good/great deal for the money? Thanks to you all, in advance.

Philly

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I know nothing about heart shapes and there are no real standards, but I *would* be concerned that you it might be too shallow.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey philly
35.gif
welcome to ps!

as you have discovered, good heart shape diamonds are not so easy to find. the depth is pretty shallow, but you are somewhat at the mercy of what''s available and that''s not much with heart shapes. if this stone fits all of your criteria (size, color, clarity) then it bears serious consideration. have you seen it already?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results