shape
carat
color
clarity

Heart of Water spinelbracelet and aqua ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
You are a woman after my own heart, mariedtiger! I love, love, love beautiful, unique wearable jewelry that is purchased on a budget. I know silver and tourmalines are soft, but I expect you will still get lots of wear out of these items.

Thanks for sharing and enjoy!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing work, and I really, really love that bracelet! The aqua is in a perfect home for it!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 8:43:00 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Crappy Aqua? I don''t think so! Inclusions or not, it is a very pretty stone and has a lovely colour. If it were mine, I''d wear it proudly as well. I love the setting also. The rope halo is lovely and I adore the basket.

As for the bracelet? W
30.gif
W. The asscher is lovely and the Gemrite spinel is stunning. Take it from me, the photographs look stunning! The design of the bracelet is so unusual and really compliments your gorgeous stones.

Very many congratulations! Wear in good health. x

Thank you for your sweet words LovingDiamonds. I am growing to love that aqua more and more, it really is home in this setting. Thank you also for the comments on the bracelet, I''m so happy to be wearing it, it brings a smile to my face every time!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you AustenNut, MakingTheGrade, cellentani, packrat, mochi, Porridge, D&T, hrose, simplysplendid, LittleLovely, cushioncutnut, LtlFirecracker, Fly Girl, LaurenThePartier so much for your kind words.

I love it how, through Pricescope and all the information we share, it is possible to have unique jewelry for any budget. About the aqua being crappy - thanks for all of your support, I really appreciate it
1.gif
At the same time I''m aware that this is not a stone for everyone, and it is below many accepted standards. I value knowing what I have both personally and objectively.

I''ve tried to set myself up for saving for a valuable stone and just buying one at the time, but it seems to take away some of the fun for me - and this is all about fun and subjective beauty. I''m not sure whether the "using-value" of a finer gem will correspond with the higher price for me in my current circumstances. It''s an exploration
9.gif

hrose - Heart of Water Jewels made the bracelet
1.gif

hrose

Shiny_Rock
thanks for letting me know! i see that in the title now, did they also make the ring? i think a similar ring setting might be perfect for my mom''s birthday (and one for me later)

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
They''re both really lovely pieces MT - they''re just beautiful settings and gorgeous coloured stones!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like how low set the aqua ring is and the workmanship and design is lovely. The bracelet too! How wide is the “decoration” at its widest point?

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! The detail on both pieces, but especially surrounding the asscher, is beautiful.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
MT, I am loving the idea of the bracelet made up of different shaped stones but in similar shades!

And your aqua ring is very nice and not at all crappy looking!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bracelet is a very cool idea!! And I just love the ring. Great setting for that stone. Reminds me of a comfy pair of jeans! Congrats!!
9.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow what amazing pieces!!!!!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MT,
Beautiful pieces. You have such exquisite taste!!

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
I love both your pieces! The bracelet is just breathtaking in its intricacy and the variations between all the stones -- every time you turn it, you''ll have something new to marvel over. And that tourmaline on the toggle is such a clever touch!

I also really liked your explanation of the aqua and why you still love it. As someone who also tends to love imperfect stones, I felt you did a much better job of articulating why than I''ve ever managed. Sometimes a too-perfect stone can look almost glassy to me -- but your aqua has so much character and an unusual stormy beauty that it just draws the eye.

(I''m surprised a goldsmith called a stone "crappy" to your face, too. Bad enough if it''s one you bought inexpensively for yourself, but what if it had been an heirloom from a much-beloved deceased relative or something? Sheesh.)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.gif
30.gif
That ring! That bracelet! I had to show my co-worker the bracelet and we were both salivating. Both are exquisite pieces!

-A

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 8:30:25 AM
Author: Chrono
I like how low set the aqua ring is and the workmanship and design is lovely. The bracelet too! How wide is the “decoration” at its widest point?

Thank you Chrono
1.gif
The decorational carved bits between the gems are 6mmx13mm, without the hinges. Sorry for the delay in answering, it took me this long to find a ruler
9.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 12:29:57 AM
Author: hrose
thanks for letting me know! i see that in the title now, did they also make the ring? i think a similar ring setting might be perfect for my mom''s birthday (and one for me later)

Yeah, they did both pieces, and are very good at crafting custom pieces, especially in these delicate styles.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 5:44:31 AM
Author: bling addict
They''re both really lovely pieces MT - they''re just beautiful settings and gorgeous coloured stones!

Thank you bling addict, by the way, I love your Pricescope name :)

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 12:44:47 PM
Author: Novel
Gorgeous! The detail on both pieces, but especially surrounding the asscher, is beautiful.

Thanks Novel, the ring has made me a halo fan, I will have to get some more halo rings
11.gif
I love the style!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 1:15:53 PM
Author: Gailey
MT, I am loving the idea of the bracelet made up of different shaped stones but in similar shades!

And your aqua ring is very nice and not at all crappy looking!

Thank you Gailey! It''s such magic to plan a piece of jewelry together with a designer, and seeing it take shape.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 12:04:25 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
The bracelet is a very cool idea!! And I just love the ring. Great setting for that stone. Reminds me of a comfy pair of jeans! Congrats!!
9.gif

Thank you Stone Hunter, your comment has made me smile many times throughout the day. It is exactly as a pair of comfy jeans. The same perks and low maintenace.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 12:35:57 PM
Author: princessplease
Wow what amazing pieces!!!!!!!!

Thank you princessplease
21.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 1:16:10 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
MT,

Beautiful pieces. You have such exquisite taste!!
Awwwww, TL - thank you, you are so sweet.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 1:26:53 PM
Author: Liane
I love both your pieces! The bracelet is just breathtaking in its intricacy and the variations between all the stones -- every time you turn it, you''ll have something new to marvel over. And that tourmaline on the toggle is such a clever touch!

I also really liked your explanation of the aqua and why you still love it. As someone who also tends to love imperfect stones, I felt you did a much better job of articulating why than I''ve ever managed. Sometimes a too-perfect stone can look almost glassy to me -- but your aqua has so much character and an unusual stormy beauty that it just draws the eye.

(I''m surprised a goldsmith called a stone ''crappy'' to your face, too. Bad enough if it''s one you bought inexpensively for yourself, but what if it had been an heirloom from a much-beloved deceased relative or something? Sheesh.)

LianeWe''re kindred spirits about imperfection, then.
35.gif
I know exactly what you''re talking about when you say glassy. The stones of perfect clarity that I would love are so far above my current gemstone budget that it''s laughable. It''s nice to know that someone else shares my thoughts.

The bracelet is a fun bauble, I love turning it and always having something new to look at!

And that goldsmith... Yeah, tell me about it.
26.gif
38.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 3:47:20 PM
Author: Arcadian
3.gif
30.gif
That ring! That bracelet! I had to show my co-worker the bracelet and we were both salivating. Both are exquisite pieces!

-A

Oh Arcadian, thanks for telling me this
9.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I know I posted this earlier but those two pieces are just stunning. Just out of curiosity what are the dimensions on the aqua? And what''s your ring size? Am thinking about stuff I want to end up having made. Thanks!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2009 1:32:05 PM
Author: AustenNut
I know I posted this earlier but those two pieces are just stunning. Just out of curiosity what are the dimensions on the aqua? And what''s your ring size? Am thinking about stuff I want to end up having made. Thanks!

Hi AustenNut, the aqua is 8.1mmx7.4mmx4.9mm and the size of this ring is 6,25, I''m happy with the finger coverage. What are you thinking of, anything you care to share?
31.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
At the moment I don''t even have a stone picked out, so I''m still in the very beginning stages. But your ring is the first that made me think I should really get on the ball, and soon. I think it''s very much the fact that yours is a ring that I could see myself wearing every day. Though I like a lot of settings that have diamonds in them, they feel a bit too flashy for me to wear daily. And though I might at some point get a lotus, it just doesn''t set my heart afire. But your ring...wow. It''s beautiful, it showcases the stone, but it''s something that I think I would get a lot of use out of. I''d probably go with an oval or rectangular stone, and possibly a slightly thinner rope halo, but your ring is truly an inspiration for me. Thanks again for posting!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your words AustenNut
1.gif
Good luck with your project, it''s exciting, isn''t it?

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 5:34:56 AM
Author: mariedtiger
This aqua is one of my learning stones. When I bought it, I was really proud of how I had found a darker aqua for a good price. But as I learned more, I noticed that the aqua has some grey, and when I got a gallery scope for Christmas, I was appalled at the cutting and the abraded facet edges. I usually like inclusions, but in this stone, they really get in the way of the sparkle.

So, why set it? There is something about imperfections, and finding beauty in What Is, that I believe in. Now that I''ve worn this for a few days, I really like the stone. One Helsinki goldsmith called this aqua a crappy stone, and I guess, objectively, it is. But it is a natural unheated stone that is unique in all the world, and it''s really interesting for me to look at.

Perfection vs character is such an interesting topic in my view, in respect to gemstones, people, life. For some reason, I love this stone, this ring and find myself wearing this ''crappy'' aqua who is himself so proudly quite often
9.gif

I love how you find beauty in the imperfections----
1.gif
I feel the same way -- I had a pair of champagne diamonds i wanted to reset-- and one jeweler i brought them to-- asked "why.. why bother :(" um.. bec they still sparkle..and i like them-- umm.. okie needless to say i went somehwere else.
BUT I LURVE your bracelet! it must be so much fun to wear and admire each stone. And I love the low setting-- it loks super comfy
1.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow what great pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results