color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cngrats on your Christmas house Marcy!

I am loving my shorter hair--I jsut lost 5 pounds! hahahaha And I'll have you know I told my stylist that short hair is necessary for an "earring" gal like myself...we had a good chuckle...

See if I can rustle up a hair shot or two....

Hope your friend is able to fly in tomrrow DeeJay

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies. We are going to enjoy it once all the moving gets done. We are both setting here feeling like it's 2 a.m. and we drank too much. Of course all we had was ice tea and some advil. It's only 8:18 our time too.

Dee Jay we have about 15 bottles of assorted wine setting on the countertop so there's be a wide selection for you to choose from. Come on by and supervise. We need a few clones tomorrow so that would help. Have fun with your company this weekend.

Sharon, do post pictures of your new hairdo. I bet it looks great.

Well, off to do something that doesn't resemble packing.

Have a great weekend!
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Marcy, I'm so happy you and Marty are in your new home! The unpacking is always more fun than the packing. I can't believe you had 15 bottles of wine on the counter and you weren't well into one by then, ha ha! I definitely need to come by and take charge of this operation! :cheeky:

Sharon, when I was in college I got my hair cut from being long enough to sit on to being about like a 10 year old boy. That "I just lost five lbs" feeling is soooo true!

Last I heard (at about 7:30 am) my friend was boarding a plane for KC, so we'll see. I haven't heard from her since so I assume it actually took off (which was questionable given the weather in NY then). Yesterday I went home around 4 and had the wholllllllle night ahead of me with nothing to do! So WHAT, in my wildness, DID I do? I gathered stuff together for my 2012 corporate taxes, of course! There was some prosecco involved, but THAT is the sort of thing that goes on in Dee's household for fun. Woo woo!!!

No work out... bad food... booze... welcome to the holidays!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Does my post look like I am typing from another place? Well don't look yet it is a mess in here.

Dee Jay we still haven't touched the wine on the counter however we did have 2 bottles at supper. Don't get too excited at that those because there were 6 of us. I hope your friend made it to KC okay. Have a nice weekend. Good idea to work on taxes already.

We had a long day. I didn't sleep well but Marty said in had to be sleeping because I was snoring my head off. He got up about 4 am. I kept waking up since the new Ned seemed hard to me and I kept seeing stars. Of course I am sore so a marshmallow would seem hard to me and I am too blind to tell what stars I was seeing. Marty didn't get the drapes up today so I will see the stars again tonight.

My parents showed up about 10 am and wanted to help. Marty was at the other house most of the morning cleaning out last minute stuff and waiting around for the après guys. I got our closet cleared out and that felt like an accomplishment. Like an idiot I put all of our hangers in a big trash bag and I of course then spent about. Nd hour picking those apart. I posted on Facebook I wanted to smack the idiot who though that was a good idea. A friend posted "stop hitting yourself" which made me laugh.

After my sister and BIL got here she worked on lining the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. I worked on the laundry room and the we unpacked kitchen boxes. My dad spent time cleaning up the garage and cutting up boxes.

After Marty was done at the other house he and my BIL worked on the basement.

We really did get a lot done. We took the everyone out for supper.

Well I am yawning and it is only 9:30.

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Unpacking and setting up a house has to burn calories. Marty and I are both shot. We got a lot done today. The kitchen is all set up. We pulled up the paper and plastic we had down protecting the floor. I used the little floor duster on the wooden floors. Marty started to put up drapes and of course they are all wrinkled and we didn't get enough panels for the dining room and living room windows. I got one of the 2 extra beds made. I unpacked the other bathroom stuff. I put my jewel jet in there. I got most of the stuff in the linen closet. I went through all the manuals for our new appliances and put them away. I hired a couple of girls to clean the old house so that is mostly done. We will turn over keys Wednesday. I am starting to wish I hadn't taken vacation this week. I am tired.

The exciting part is we ate all of our meals here today. Nothing fancy. Some apple bread braid I bought from a school fund raiser, lunch was soup and crackers, about 3 we had an 8 oz. bottle of coke and some chips and salsa, for supper we had patty melts. A friend brought by a few Christmas cookies so we had one of those with some low fat ice cream.

I am really tired but I wanted to set with some ice gel packs on my feet and Marty is in the shower so I have to wait anyway. I actually had stuff in our second bathroom at the other house so I never had to worry about waiting for our bathroom. Now I remember why.

Tomorrow we are going to do a drive by of a friends house and leave their Santa packages on the front porch and ring the door bell. Marty will take off the so the kids won't see him. As sore as we are he probably won't be very quick.

Well take care! If you need some boxes , paper or bubble wrap please come get it.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas Eve! :wavey:

Today we a less hectic day for us. We slept in until about 7:30. Then went shopping; we needed more drapes, some phone "technical stuff", a few toiletries, ate breakfast while we were out and got home in time to get the security system installed. My friend that lives near here wanted to know if we'd play Santa for her kids so we had some fun with that. They moved about a 1/2 mile from us 2 months ago so they gave us all their boxes. So naturally we decided to wrap up a few boxes to give them back. We left them with the Santa presents. I threw in political books (we are 180 degrees apart on politics), a few pieces of swag from the company I work for, some trash, some ripped up tape, a knitting book, some M&M playings cards. Marty packed her SO a box with old power cords, an old hair dryer, some broken electronics. What was funny is Marty dropped the Santa stuff off, drove back to get me and when we got back there they had a box of useless stuff ready for him. We had supper with them and her family then watched the kids open their Christmas presents. It was a nice break from packing, moving, unpacking and putting stuff away.

We are getting another snow storm right now. Not as much as the last one but the bitter cold is setting in. The roads were pretty slick coming home tonight.

I am setting here with the fire going. So far I'm not warm.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry merry Marcy, Sharon, Deegee, and all the other elves! Hoping Santa brings everyone what they most desire--personally, I'm hoping for bigger pants!--and wishing for a happy and healthy 2013 for all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1356406817|3339441 said:
Merry merry Marcy, Sharon, Deegee, and all the other elves! Hoping Santa brings everyone what they most desire--personally, I'm hoping for bigger pants!--and wishing for a happy and healthy 2013 for all!
HI:

hahaha my Christmas laugh! Thanks DeeJay!

Merry Christmas to all! Health to everyone! :wavey:

cheers--Shaorn

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Merry Christmas Deegee, Dee Jay and Sharon and anyone one else lurking out there.

Dee Jay, lol at larger pants. Since I didn't make Christmas cookies this year my pants aren't tight right now. That is a good thing.

We spent most of the day working on the house. We met my parents for dinner about 3 then drove around looking at a few Christmas lights. I have decided a bigger house will enable me to get in more steps everyday. It seemed to take me forever to make breakfast today since I couldn't find anything.

Marty has our phones and surround sound hooked up. Things are becoming more familiar even though this doesn't feel like home yet.

Laters,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas Marcy, Dee*Jay, Sharon, & everyone else out there! We spent Christmas Eve and part of Christmas Day at my parents house with my family, and the traveled to see Matt's family later in the day. Right now I'm in a hotel in Cincinnati, praying the big storm that's predicted doesn't show up. Or if I have to get stranded, I'm hoping I get stranded at the hotel and not my in-laws house. My worst nightmare!!

Marcy-I'm so excited you & Marty are in your house. YAY! Do you keep walking around touching the walls and countertops thinking, "I can't believe this is mine"? I'm glad the closing went pretty smoothly for you. Your Santa packages sound like a cute idea!

Dee*Jay-no bigger pants! Actually, I could use a pair. My jeans are so skin tight today, I was in some serious pain after sitting in the car for 4 hours. Not good.

Sharon-my hair is longer than it has been in many years. I almost asked my stylist to cut it to my shoulders last week, and then I chickened out. I bet your haircut is cute and stylish!

Have a great day tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that I'm not trapped at my MIL's!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy day after kids!

Sharon, unfortunately santa didn’t bring me bigger pants, so I’m going to have to find myself smaller thighs. I hope they are on sale with everything else right now!

Marcy, you’ll be feeling right at home in no time! And I can’t imagine why you didn’t make cookies this year given all the extra time you had on your hands!

Deegee, if I ever got trapped at my ex-inlaws house I would have just fallen on the first sharp object and gotten the hari kari over with. Here’s to hoping the storm passes by!

Drove in from Trenton, MO, this morning, and it took a little over an hour and a half with no traffic. Talk about the middle of nowhere! Had a lovely four days though with my friends and their parents. Just really really nice people. And the food… wow… I have my gym clothes here with the goal of actually GOING there tonight, so we’ll see. Eating leftover turkey right now in lieu of oatmeal, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy day after Christmas! :wavey: Did anyone hit the day after Christmas sales? We went a few places today and we didn't really see big crowds anywhere.

Deegee, I sure hope you did not get stuck at your MIL's and I also hope you avoid being stranded anywhere in a snow storm. I see they even named this storm Euclid. I can think of much better names for snow storms. :twisted: I hate when pants are so tight they hurt. I haven't been too bad these last few days; we are too busy and Marty doesn't stop much for snacking. It honestly has not sank in yet this place is ours.

Dee Jay, LOL at finding smaller thighs; I need to find those myself. LOL at your comment about getting trapped at your in-laws house. When we spent a week with Marty's parents I certainly didn't turn down any chance to have a glass of wine. That is terrific you had a nice time with your friends and their parents.

We worked on drapes most of the day. We've been buying drapes and curtain rods since July and quickly found the panels that don't have grommets at the top do not slide worth a darn. We also quickly decided the "guess" listed on the back of the package for how many panels you need per window size is grossly underestimated. I ended up returning about 6 drapes and picking up about a dozen more. We have most of the windows done now but I need to take them back down and wash them or at least de-wrinkle them. I wandered around several stores this morning. We went back to the hardware store, Sams Club, Office Depot and Target tonight to pick up a few things we need. Then we had supper at Olive Garden. Our realtor gave us a gift card to OG so we had supper on her.

Well, take care.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning kids!

Marcy, I HATE doing window treatments. In my last place I had linen sheers that I spent (literally) two full days ironing before they could be hung, and even though we were super careful they still got wrinkled just getting them up there. Of course The Demon and his crazy brother Oscar liked to stand in the bay window and bark at things that they went by, so there was a wrinkled spot on each side where each dog would push back the sheers and look out. It was nice of your realtor to give you a gift. I used to give out Tiffany key rings, but there were a lot of agents who didn’t give anything. Seriously…? At least pony up for a bottle of wine!

I did indeed go to the gym last night, and I was SO glad! I made ¼ of a frozen pizza when I got home (I cut them in quarters and put them in the freezer that way, so when I want it it’s all ready to go)… but then I found the dark chocolate covered pretzels my friend left at my house last week. Rut ro… I finally put the package way in the back of the cubbard (out of sight, out of mind for me!) and then I did my nails and went to bed. But I just *know* they are in there…

Here in KC today, and then heading for Aspen tomorrow. Not sure what I’m going to take because it’s COLD there. Big puffy coat is a must, but in terms of clothes, not sure. I never check luggage so it could be a challenge to fit everything in a carry on for this trip!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! We have sunshine right now but snow is in the forecast. We are both still in our pj's. We feel kind of lazy so far today.

Dee Jay, we are not enjoying doing the window treatments. The spot above the sliding glass door needs repaired in about 4 places. D'oh! That is funny Demon and Oscar had their favorite spot in your bay window to bark at things and people. Too cute. Good plan to hide the chocolate and divide your pizza up in to sections. Marty and I have not done much eating or drinking this week because we've been too busy. I will try to continue that less is best method once I go back to work next week. I have definitely been stress eating lately. Yes, Aspen is cold and snowy! I can just see you trying to pack puffy, warm clothes in a carry on bag. Good call though. Marty sure tries to get by with carry on luggage anymore. Are you flying in to Aspen or DIA? When we stayed in Beaver Creek last fall we drove over to Aspen; the amount of private planes at their airport was amazing. They have a lot of nice little shops too but I am sure you've been there before. Have fun! I did think it was nice of our realtor to give us a gift card to OG. We had an appetizer, dinners and wine and still have a little bit left on the gift car. The contractor who built our house gave us a huge gift basket with green cleaners, sponges, brushes, etc. I thought that was nice too.

I actually slept in until 7 am. It is so quite here. The nearest neighbor is about 1 1/2 blocks away. We have a big pile of dirt (10 to 12 feet high) between us and the nearest road so it is eerily quiet. I wonder how long it will be before we get neighbors.

Today I am going to wash the drapes that still look wrinkled. I need to vacuum and pack out some more trash and boxes. We have some leftovers from Olive Garden and my parents gave us a few slices of honey ham so that = easy lunch today. Sweet. Supper might be mac and cheese or grilled cheese.

Marty is trying to get the basement set up for "poker night" tomorrow evening. He doesn't have his wet bar yet but he has a family room and a table and chairs so that should work.

Off to the showers then work on things around the house. I can't wait to go back to work and relax.

:wavey:
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, before I forget to ask, the return address on your Christmas card was your new addy, yes?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, yes that is my new address.

The main floor is pretty much done now. We need to put up one set of curtains, get a filing cabinet for the den, set up the printer and Marty has a few things put away. I vacuumed and dry mopped the floors. I ran a few errands and now we are watching TV.

We still need to hang up pictures, mirrors, finish setting up the basement, and the there is the garage. It will be summer before we are done but it is getting there. Yippee.

We had fruit and shredded wheat for breakfast, leftovers and ham for lunch and grilled cheese and baked lays for supper.

Have a great Friday and then the weekend is here.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday!

Marcy, you guys will be completely settled in in no time! I still have boxes that I haven’t unpacked from my move… back in August… ! There is a good chance I will move again this August, so I’m likely going to just leave them as they are.

I *meant* to go to the gym last night… but I somehow ended up shopping my way home instead. I went to two office supply stores looking for non-denominational holiday cards (I only found one box, so I will have to get some of those next year—at full price!—but I got about 150 other cards), and then ended up going to Williams Sonoma to pick up something I had seen there last week, and also a bunch of other places. Oh well. I did pack everything up and put it back in my storage room, so now my apartment looks a lot better.

Off to Aspen today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, if you may be moving again this summer it is not a bad idea to keep those unpacked boxes right where they are. It sounds like you were productive in spite of skipping the gym. I like finding Christmas cards on sale. I didn't even go looking this year. Have a blast in Aspen. Maybe get your picture taken with a celebrity so I can see it posted online.

We made more progress on the house today. Marty put on all the knobs but his template for handles was not long enough so we will have to find one that fits our handles. We both did some cleaning. Marty is having his first poker night in his man cave. There are only 4 of them here so far. I am all nervous abut a mess but I will try to relax. One guy just dropped a full can of pop on the floor. I don't think it burst open but I will be checking it later for scratches. I am so anal about new things. :bigsmile:

Well take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you are having a good and healthy weekend.

We were lazy most of the day. That was nice. Marty set up our router and we took the old one to my parents house and set them up on high speed Internet and on the router. They have been using a dial up modem. I don't think they use the Internet and email enough to warrant what they are paying for it but that is what they asked us to do.

I watched movies and played Angry Birds all day. We had supper at Outback. I baked an 8 inch pan of brownies. Yes it was an excuse to try out my new oven and they sounded good. I cut them up in pairs and froze them.

We rode around and looked at Christmas lights tonight.

Take care.
Marcy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to go back to work tomorrow? Say it ain't so. Please. :bigsmile:

We had a semi lazy day. I dust mopped the floors, Marty finished setting up his man cave and office, we went to Office Depot and got a chair for the computer desk in the den and a new wifi all in one inkjet for the den. Marty is taking the chair and printers downstairs from our old computer room. We got quite the deal on our office stuff today. I had 20% off everything but the printer and we had about $300 worth of toner cartridges we weren't going to use so we got a new chair, printer, 2 plastic floor mats, dry erase markers and paper for about $400. We have a nice color laser printer but it is older and has to be hooked directly to a printer to work or at least run through a network router. Since both of us use an iPad and iPhones we may as well have something that does air print. I don't know what we'll do with that laser printer but the new inkjet will scan, copy, print double sided, etc so it will be quite handy for me.

Marty set up the new stuff in the den and we watched football. My niece and her husband are up from Texas for the holidays and stopped by to see our new house. Her husband's parents had a house built in the same division as we did and they closed exactly a week after we did. They are less than a mile from us. Small world.

I think I'll get up about 25 minutes early tomorrow so I can make sure to get ready for work on time. Maybe after I get back in my routine everything will start to fill more normal to me.

Food today was not the best. We had shredded wheat and strawberries for breakfast. We had homemade tacos for lunch and then had chips and salsa for supper. We just had a slow churned ice cream sundae just now. I had a baby coke with the tacos and a glass of wine with the chips and salsa.

I hope you had a great weekend. :wavey:
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy (almost) new year's kids! Headed to dinner and then to a bar to wait out the midnight fireworks. Wishing everyone a wonderful 2013!!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! Wow-the Holidays are exhausting. We ended up staying in Cincinnati a day longer than planned because of the weather. The day we left, our car was covered in ice but the roads were fairly clear. We pried the doors open and got out of there! We didn't even stop by the in-laws to say goodbye. I deserve a medal though. I didn't smart off to my MiL one single time. I slapped a smile on my face and zoned out. I imagined i was on a nice warm beach, and the squawking coming out of MIL's mouth was just seagulls flying around. Matt didn't do as well as I did though. She got to him.

Marcy-how was work today? I don't go back until Wednesday and I'm dreading it. We're you able to get any rest over your vacation or were you unpacking the whole time? We took down the tree today and decided to start getting rid of our excess so junk in the attic. We're actually thinking we won't have a bunch to move because we're going to buy all new furniture (except bedroom stuff) when we do move. We'll be in an empty house for a while!

Dee*Jay-I'm with you on the window treatments. All of the curtains on the downstairs windows have dog hair on them in the exact same spot where Lily worms herself in to look out. I searched forever to find the perfect light blocking thermal curtains for my bedroom. I love the ones I found, and I bought them on clearance which made them even more awesome. A few nights ago I noticed light coming in from outside on one panel. After looking at them I discovered that one or both kitties have been climbing the and there are lots of little, kitty claw sized holes all the way up. Argh!

I hope everyone has a safe New Years Eve! Matt and I are going to go eat, and then it's strictly back on the wagon tomorrow. December was a lousy month for me both for food and exercise. I'm actually craving salads, fresh fruits and veggies. I'm looking forward to getting back on track. Happy New Year!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy New Year! I think I consumed my weight in booze this holiday season...or was that last night??? :bigsmile:

Went skiing in Banff and froze....-10 is just too dam cold with the wind chill. Major workout for these muscles that have not seen action in a while. Enjoyed our suite at the Rimrock Hotel though and Banff was decorated so beautifully--gorgeous little town.

Back to work tomorrow--it is getting busier. Just when I thought I'd decided to work less, they need me more. My 2013 plans should be to say "no" more often....or just say it without the associated guilt.

Maybe I should dedecorate the house today....my second bathroom reno's start tomorrow....I need to look for gorgeous faucets...I think I've already decided on Kohler taps, etc....match my tub...

cheers--Shaorn

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy New Year!!!

Dee Jay, your NY’s eve plans sound great. How were the fireworks?

Deegee, OMG your comment about “squawking coming out of you MIL’s mouth” made me bust out laughing. It’s sad seeing your MIL is such an unpleasant experience for you and Matt; I know you’ve said that before. Sorry she got to Matt. It’s hard sometimes to keep the crap out of your mind. Glad you got out of there as soon as you could and the roads weren’t too bad. Work was awful. I felt like I needed retraining. Good luck to you returning to work tomorrow. Good idea to get mostly all new furniture when you move. It sure makes it easier. Our old house is getting staged this week then going on the market. Rats the kitties have been clawing up your blackout curtains. It is very cool that you are craving salads, fruits and veggies. I know I really miss my veggies and fruit when I don’t eat them.

Sharon, your day on the slopes sounds fun and very cold. That low of wind chill just goes through anything you have on to try and keep warm. I like your idea of being able to say no and not feel guilty. How exciting your bathroom reno starts tomorrow. We put Kohler faucets in our old house and loved them.

Last night we had leftover pizza for supper then met some friends at the golf course club for casino night. The money goes to golf scholarships. You got $500 worth of chips for $25. Marty ended up losing all his chips (he bought a round for me and him and I just watched). The gambling ended at 10:30 and you could get tickets for each $100 you had left in chips. Then you put your ticket in for a drawing on assorted gifts. I bought $25 worth of tickets and put all 5 of them in for a season of golf. They had golf prizes, Nook HD, a 32” flat screen TV and a few gift certificates. We didn’t win anything but it was fun. We got home about 11:15 and stayed up to watch the ball in NYC drop (our time).

We got up at normal time today so I am kind of nappy today. My parents are coming over for lunch at 1 pm today. I am cooking a roast in the crock pot, some veggies with it, green been french onion casserole, dinner rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy and some turnovers for dessert. We’ll need wine too. (But of course)

I hope you have a wonderful New Year’s day. I am wishing you the very best of health, happiness and that life has to offer in 2013.

Marcy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I do this every once in a while, dip my toes in here and then vanish. Poof! I'm going to *try* really, really hard to stay.

I'm on a new health kick that coincidentally began on NYE. I can't really call it a New Year's resolution, but I need to make a few changes.

First off, does anyone have any recommendations for low sugar, low carb foods to stick with? Plain veggies don't do much for me. To be honest, I'm not much of a veggie fan in general (well, I do like them sort of but I prefer carbs MUCH more!). Fruit is much more doable than veggies but if I'm watching sugar, then I also need to watch the amount of fruit I have, I assume.

If you don't mind me listing it out, here's what I had yesterday:1 banana, scrambled eggs (2), peach salsa, orange pepper, red pepper, hummus, tuna with 1/2 TBS, mayo and 1 TBS relish, almonds, 1/2 Kashi pasta primavera frozen dinner (I only ate half because I didn't like it at all), 1 diet coke, and water. It wasn't horrible but it's hard to imagine eating this way every day from now on.

Today, all I've had so far is a yellow pepper with red pepper hummus, 1 banana, and water. It's 7:15 PM here and I'm hungry! I'm doing everything I can not to break open the Smartfood popcorn that's in the pantry.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Zoe-you're going to starve! I don't have any suggestions as I am a huge fan of fresh fruits and vegetables. I just had a huge salad with mixed greens, cucumbers, carrots, red cabbage, mushrooms, tomatoes, and cauliflower. Totally what I was craving. I count weight watchers points and foods with carbs have more points so I stay away as much as I can.

Sharon-Matt and I decided it wild be easier to move than renovate. I consumed a lot of alcohol this season too. I figure if I cut back just a little, the weight I have gained will start dropping off. That's what I'm going with.

Marcy-I could tell stories about my MIL. Poor Matt and his brothers didn't have a happy childhood and it breaks my heart because he's such an awesome guy. I have nothing but happy memories of my childhood and we go visit my parents almost every week. Matt's parents lived in Montana for the first 10 years of our marriage, which was awesome. We never saw them. They moved 3.5 hours away from us, so we are obligated to visit, but not often. We can't take it. Matt adores my folks and they adore him, so he is part of a normal, close family. Are you going to go see how they stage your house? That would be kind of cool, I think. Especially since I'm not good at that kind of thing!

I did really well today. I tracked everything I ate...cottage cheese and blackberries for breakfast, a kashi meal and an orange for lunch, pork roast, broccoli, and a huge salad for dinner, and I just finished snacking on grapes. I have too many points left though. I plan to have a glass of wine and then go to bed early. I got no sleep last night, thinking about and dreading work all night long. The project I was on last year that I desperately don't want to be a part of, I begged to get out of is starting back on Monday after a year hiatus. I haven't let myself think about it because I get really down. We walked tonight, but only made it 1 mile because it is really cold and I haven't taken my walk in a few weeks. Amazing how fast my body decided it doesn't want to exercise anymore. I have to get back in the habit. Have a great day tomorrow.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deegee, I wish for the day when I actually crave a big salad. :bigsmile: I did, however, just make dinner: stir fry pork, cauliflower and broccoli, and balsamic vinegar. I grew up having carbs with every meal, so trying to skip them is very, very hard. I can tell something is missing: my friends potatoes, pasta, and rice.

Oh, and I also walked 30 minutes on the treadmill today. I did the eliptical and the recumbent bike for about 20 minutes yesterday.

I'll try to catch up a bit with what's going on with here but I need to finish dinner, do laundry and go to bed. Later!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
O...M...G... I am back from Aspen--with the flu. It started new years eve, and I couldn't even get out of bed yesterday. Flying today was NOT FUN. Now I'm home in bed with a heating pad because I can't get the chills to stop, and my head is KILLING me. Ack...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Did you survive going back to work and reality today? It was rough for me!

Zoe, it is great to see you here again. I am with you; I need to make a few changes myself. We can do it! I don’t have any recommendations for low sugar, low carbs because I like to eat raw veggies and fresh fruit. Are there any raw veggies you like? I know fruit can be difficult when you are watching out for sugar. That is probably why I like fresh fruit so much; I certainly have a sweet tooth. Good idea to list out what you are eating. Are you following any plan or setting a calorie range to shot for? It doesn’t look like you are eating even a 1000 calories a day. They say sticking within a 1200 calorie range is a good place to get enough nutrients but still lose weight. Your dinner sounds great. I eat quite a few carbs but I know they are bad for sugar. I am working on a batch of laundry too.

Deegee, I am cutting back on alcohol too. We have a bad habit of polishing off a bottle of wine in an evening if we open it. I definitely need to cut that out. I don’t even know Matt and it makes me sad to know he and his brothers didn’t have a happy childhood. I know you’ve said before your family adores him and he now has a close, happy family to be a part of and that is very cool. Yes, I think I will go take a peak at what they do with our house. I am not all sad or nostalgic about it. The memories we had there are with each other and events in our lives so I am good with leaving it behind. NOOOOOOO that your awful project is back. :(( I know you do not want to work on it. Good for you guys getting in a mile walk. We have wind chill to about 0 right now and the greenway is covered in snow so we are just setting on our behinds being lazy.

Dee Jay, darn it that you came home with the flu. That stinks. Get better very soon.

So my awful day started with a bad decision. I am trying to get rid of some of the moving trash so put 2 big bags in my trunk to haul in and throw away at work. Along the road I see an empty parking lot of a business with the dumpster right at the edge of the road so I pull in there, dump my 2 bags of bubble wrap and wrapping paper then turn my car around in a circle to get back on the road and ran over some stupid chunk of cement. I heard an awful scraping sound and of course wasn’t quick enough to stop. I don’t know if it was under my car or down the side of my car. The car worked fine getting to work and one of my employees is very knowledgeable with cars so she and I went out about 9:30 to see if we could find anything leaking. We didn’t see anything but I may have scraped up the side of my car; it is so dirty with mud from snow that I can’t tell though.

Then I had 2 people not come in to work today. One was planned, the other one was sick so we had to do their work for them. I met a friend for lunch then went back to deal with problems and office politics this afternoon.

Food was not very good today; I was planning on cleaning up my act today but I was pretty bad. I had a banana and cheerios for breakfast, had a small muffin for mid morning snack, a soft shell taco for lunch but ate way too many chips and salsa; I ate a few handfuls of PB M&M’s, then had 1/2 of a cheeseburger and a few fries for supper. We finished off a bottle of chardonnay and had a Klondike bar for dessert. I actually don’t feel well right now from too much sugar today. Tomorrow is another day.

My batch of laundry is done. This new he washer sure takes a long time but they loads sure dry more quickly.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I just tried to have something other than crackers and ginger ale for the first time in four days... and let's just say it did not go well. I may never be able to each Campbell's chicken noodle soup again...

Yes, I was hoping to lose another 10 lbs by February... but this wasn't exactly the plan I had in mind...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results