shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We got dismissed today at 2, but I had to wait for Matt to pick me up so it was more like 3 when I got out of work. 7 very boring hours. We ordered dinner from the Italian place nearby, and I have been on the couch in front of the fire reading all evening. It is pouring rain, so we weren't able to walk again today. Poor Lily is going stir crazy. We're very lucky to have electricity as people a few houses down the street from us have been without since Monday evening. I'm on call for tomorrow-we're supposed to be contacted by 6am to let us know whether or not the building has power. I meant to get things done this evening, but the cozy fire felt too nice! I can't seem to get off the couch.

A Marcy-I never was a gadget person! What the heck is wrong with me? The ipad has ruined me for wanting this stuff. Ahhh!!! We ended up with 8 inches of snow, but it has rained all day so it is almost gone. Other parts of the state got 3 feet and have roofs collapsing on house, apartment buildings and stores. Sadly the national news reported it as 3 inches instead of 3 feet. People probably think we live in shacks in WV if 3 inches of snow causes roof collapses! Trick or treat has been postponed because of the snow, so we still have those evil bags of candy in the closet. So, will you be in your house by Christmas? That's really exciting!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I haven’t tried to use the software again since Tuesday night because I did other homework last night, but come this weekend if you hear screaming from the Midwest, you’ll know I turned it on again and it didn’t work! I actually didn’t even drive Junior yesterday, but I have him with me today. Of course now I’m driving like a total grandma because the Porsche forums have me scared witless about having performance tires on the car in anything below 50 degrees. I joined the Porsche club in my area and I’m going to go to their meeting place for breakfast on Saturday morning so hopefully someone there will give me the real skinny and also guide me to where I might be able to get wheels/tires other than the dealer, because I know the dealer will charge me up the wazoo. Any update on when your mom might come home BTW?

Deegee, sometimes you just need a cozy night in front of the fire! And I know what it’s like when the pooch get restless. The Demon and Oscar would get pretty bananas if they didn’t have several long walks a day. Not sure how big Lily is, but my two are 65 lbs each, and a 130 lbs of bonkers dog in the living room can get a little out of hand! And how stupid of the news to say three inches instead of three feet—that’s a major error!

So I got a little sidetracked yesterday and went to Curry in a Hurry (take-out Indian food) with one of my colleagues for lunch. We bought it back and I proceeded to plow through enough chicken tikka masala to sink a battle ship. Ug. That prompted me to go straight to the CVS by my office and buy a bathroom scale! I have no idea what’s going on with the numbers though—when I went to the gym that scale there said 141, when I got home my new scale said 143.5, and this morning it said 138 (and yes, I got on an off it until I achieved the same number three times… ). So who knows. But I’m just going to use the same scale every day and look at the relative (up/down) number and not worry so much about the absolute number. What is this so hard?!?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Marcy--no weather here from unreal tropical storms, just gloom of ice fog that has hung around for two weeks. Highly unusual for our neck of the woods. We may have cold weather but it is usually birght endless blue sky.

For some odd reason I seem to be working close to FT--and have not exercised. What the H is up with that? Tomorrow is my errand and volunteer day. No plans to shake it in the pool.

Besides my house still smells of fresh reno's so I need to get outta here.......

Keep well ya'll.... :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.

Deegee, that is too bad you had to wait for Matt to get off work to go home. Reminds me of waiting for hours for Marty to be ready to come home. I got a lot of reading done in those days. I hope you get some clear weather soon so you can take a nice long walk. Funny you mentioned being by your cozy fire. Our fireplace is being installed. I was very excited to see it.

Dee Jay, the porsche club sounds really fun. I don’t know about your car or tires but if performance tires perform poorly in weather below 50 I’d be dead. Marty doesn’t know how to drive the speed limit. That is they type of tire we had on our car and they were not very good on ice. We have all season performance now. Your dealer should know about your tires and how they are rated. I agree they would charge you an arm, leg and other body parts to have different wheels and tires for the seasons. I thought of doing that for my car but after pricing Audi wheels I decided new tires it is. It sounds like your scale is being good to you.

Sharon, how soon will your kitchen remodel be finished? I bet you are anxious for it. Icy fog does not sound like fun. I hate ice mostly because I am a little scaredy cat walking on it.

Good news. My mom gets to come home tomorrow. Her birthday is Saturday so that will be nice for her. I am sure my dad is happy as well to not have to drive 100 miles a day.

My ring arrived. I like it. One of the corner prongs seems a bit off (not squared up) but after looking through the EC thread I see that is not unusual; it must be difficult to get all 4 corners mounted precisely and on a rectangle it is easy to see. The prongs on my RB aren’t exactly even but no one but me would notice it.

We had an appointment at the house at 10:30 to talk to the trimmer about where to place some things. They have done quite a bit. Our patio, driveway, front porch and step have been poured. They are insulating the walls, the ceiling is all sealed and our fireplace is being installed.

After going through the house tonight we ate supper at Chilis then went to look at mattresses.

I’d best start getting ready for bed.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I should be getting ready for bed I took a few photos of my ring. Here is the best one I got.

ecrg.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Marcy -- your ring is BEAUTIFUL! Honestly, I can't even tell which prong is off... ? My advice on that: don't look at it so closely! :cheeky: Seriously, I know how we all are, but I am doing my damndest to learn not to obsess over things like that (easier said than done!) and wish you nothing but enjoyment from your new beauty!

Sharon, how is your reno coming? Are they close to done? I can’t wait to see pics because, as you know, I LOVE a good remodel!

Went to the gym last night and had a really good workout, despite the fact that I forgot my ipod in my other car. This having two car things is turning out to be a recipe for getting somewhere and going, “Oh, sh!t, I left that in the other car…” I think I am going to have to resort to actually carrying a *purse* (right now I just have a small wristlet) so I can keep things like my ipod, sunglasses, the transponder I need to get in and out of my work parking garage, etc., in one place. The other night I had to pay $12 to park for my class because I left my ID in the Lexus. I was NOT HAPPY.

So I did one of those calorie calculators and it said to reach my goal weight in any reasonable amount of time I should take in about 1,130 cals/day. I was really surprised by this because everything I’ve read says never go below 1,200. I adjusted my daily spreadsheet, but do you guys have any thoughts on that? I don’t want my body to feel deprived and start hoarding calories!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Dee Jay. I took quite a few pictures tonight so I could post some photos in SMTB. If I look at the diamond I don't see the corner prong a bit off, but if I look at the rectangle of the prongs it looks different. I guess my eyes look for symmetry. You said the exact same thing Marty did - no one is going to notice it. Good plan for all of us not to obsess over little things. As much as you work out I wouldn't go below 1200 calories. But then again that's me. :bigsmile:

Work seemed to take forever today. I met Marty for lunch, stopped at the store to get some sympathy cards and a birthday card for my mom. When I went by my parents house I noticed they were just getting out of the car - so my mom was home. She seems quite happy to be at home. Tomorrow is my mom's birthday so we are going to Olive Garden at lunch to celebrate.

We had tacos for lunch so I just made grilled cheese sandwiches for supper. Neither one of us were very hungry.

Marty is playing poker tonight. I goofed off taking pictures of my ring. I am going to watch some stuff on the DVR and hopefully get to sleep in. I know you guys are saying "sure you are. what's that? 7:30?" But I would love to sleep in. Really.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday! :wavey:

I did sleep in - till almost 8 am. What a treat. I was going to take a shower and go buy us breakfast but was distracted by sunlight coming in the windows and took some photos of my new ring instead. Marty however wanted food so I hurried and showered and went to get him some sausage egg and cheese sandwiches for breakfast.

We met my parents for lunch at Olive Garden. Marty and I spilt some raviolis. After lunch we stopped by the house. The dry wall is setting around inside. Sweet. They garage doors were closed so here is a picture from this afternoon. I went down to Marty's office and looked around too. They are doing extra insulation in the walls and ceiling in there for sound. It is funny you walk in his office and the sound drops; weird.

I am working on laundry. Marty goes to Rio (Brazil) tomorrow. Aak. It has a high crime rate and 11 hours on a plane. Double Aak.

Well, off to take more ring photos.
Have a safe, fun and healthy weekend.

Marcy

img_1487.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, your house looks FABULOUS!!! They are really making such great progress, and I am excited for you to move in!!! And you slept in until *eight*... you kill me! But I have to confess that by eight I was deep into breakfast with the KC Porsche Club. Man, those people are CRAZY about their cars. CRAZY crazy. And speaking of man (and this is by no means any sort of slur on any gender, race or group), the "club" was represented this morning by 35 middle aged white men, 1 African American man, and ME. Really. Oh well, they were very nice and quite welcoming, and I'm going to an auto cross even tomorrow at a local track. How exciting -- my first race!!!

Anyway, breakfast was frankly just terrible (this place takes mediocre diner food to a whole new level... ) so I had about 1/2 a piece of French toast, three pieces of bacon, and some terrible coffee. Fortunately I met OneFifty for lunch and we went to a GREAT place where I had a turkey burger and fries, and I just had TJ's shells with spinach and marinara, so hopefully I wasn't TOO bad today. There is definitely some wine in my future however, as I didn't do any of the homework for my class with the software problem last night, so I'll be at the computer for the next many hours... And I just got back from the gym in my building, which I don't love at all (and this is only the second time I've used it in the two months I've lived here), but it was better than not going at all.

OK, proscrastination over -- homework, here I come!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! :wavey:

DeeJay, I agree it looks like they are making progress on our house. I am hopeful we’ll be moving in by Christmas. Sounds like quite the experience at the Porsche Club. You will be very popular at the meetings. How was the auto cross event today? I slept in until 7:30 today but then I got up and turned the clocks back so I immediately had to discount the notion I slept in today. Did you get your homework done? Dine you have some wine to help? We have some Malbec left from Thursday night. I might have to finish that tonight so it doesn’t go to waste. However I am contemplating a little bit of popcorn for supper and wine and popcorn don’t sound like a great combo.

Marty met a friend for breakfast then they went to play golf. I headed to the grocery store and picked up a few things. I didn’t need much in the way of food since Marty is on his way to Rio today. I got some yogurt, raw veggies, low fat ice cream and a few entrees to hopefully last me through the week.

Marty is on his way to Houston now then flies from there to RIo. The flight to Rio is 11 hours. I pulled up the flight on flight tracker so I can see where his plane flies. I will be a BASKET case while he is gone. I guess the crime rate is really high there with frequent muggings / robberies. Marty is from a big city and doesn’t look like a guy you’d pick a fight with so hopefully he won’t have any problems.

I made homemade beef soup for lunch today so it would be ready when Marty was finished playing golf. We ate about 1 so popcorn sounds like a good supper. Ever since Marty got his braces (3 weeks ago) I’ve been hungry for popcorn just because he can’t eat it. Weird, huh?

Is tomorrow really Monday?
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, let me assure you that wine and popcorn make a FINE meal! I have had that combo for dinner more times than I should confess to! :cheeky: And don't worry *too* much about Marty in Brazil (I can't say don't worry at all, because I know you will, a little at least!). Seriously, I have been to Brazil several times and absolutely nothing happened. Plus, Marty is not foolish, and as you said yourself, he not the kind of person someone would mess with. He will be fine. Really!

This morning I had coffee and a protein bar, but after going around the track for four runs I was just starving and resorted to a GIANT chcocolate long john. I didn't even want it while I was having it, but I was famished and that's all there was. Oh well, I did go to the gym for a hard hour afterwards, and I was pretty good when I got home. The rest of tonight was spent doing homework, and I think I am actually totally ready for this week, even in the class with the lousy software. Maybe I should spend all my weekends racing Junior and studying!

Not much else to report. Going to bed early because I'm just worn out... See you all in the morning!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, thanks for reassuring me Marty will be fine in Brazil. I worry about him but I know it's not necessary; he can take care of himself. I am glad you got a lot of studying done and are ready for the week. I vote for racing junior every weekend too. How fun! Okay - wine and popcorn is okay for supper. I have had that at the bar before. I am going to bed early too. Marty's flight lands about 5:45 our time in the morning so I will probably be watching the clock all night.

Laters! :wavey:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's grey and drizzling here today... I walked over to the grocery store at lunch and stocked up on bananas and yogurt and got some bread and bologna so I could take sandwiches to class becuase I've gotten tired of granola bars again for dinner. Not much else to report. Work today has been pretty boring and I've got class tonight. My boss did just say everyone gets two hours off tomorrow to vote, so everyone's going to leave early. I registered too late to be able to vote here, but I'm going to bolt at 3 pm too!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone.

DeeJay, we had mostly gray skies today as well. Getting off work early to vote tomorrow sounds like a great idea. We voted early but I'd gladly take off time to go vote. I know we can take time off to vote but it's never really formally announced it is okay. I had 2 employees that are pretty mad at each other about the election. The office isn't the place for voicing your political views. It probably won't get any better after the election either. Sigh for conflicts and being in a small room. Good idea to plan ahead for something to eat on school nights. I used to pack PB sandwiches and baked lays a lot when I taught at night. I didn't have to worry about them spoiling in my car.

Work was interesting today. We moved to a different office. That took well in to this afternoon to get everyone moved. Our desks are higher than the shelfs we were using before so I felt drunk most of the day trying to adapt to my new spot. I am so blind. I was going to go to Office Max and get some stuff tonight but came home because Marty was going to call me to talk to him on Face Time. He was busy working and didn't call me until about 7 our time. He is still on our time even thought it's midnight there. He is shot so I hope he sleeps tonight.

I had a English Muffin and strawberries for breakfast, yogurt for a snack and homemade soup warmed up for lunch. For supper I broiled a hamburger and had some raw veggies with it. I finished the evening with some slow churned ice cream.

I didn't sleep well last night so hopefully I'll get to bed on time tonight and actually fall asleep.

Deegee, how is your area doing getting the power back on?

Hi Sharon. :wavey:

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, one of my colleagues is a rabid Republican, and the other two that work most closely to me are democrats. I am A-political. The bickering is getting to me too… How is your mom doing now that she’s home? What did she say when she saw the bed (!) ? And I hope Marty gets on Rio time or else he will be very very tired… !

Sharon and Deegee – what’s going on girlfriends?!

Yesterday I was really good calorie wise, mainly because I made myself go to bed when I got home from class instead of detouring to the kitchen and having a little snacky-poo. Today we have some sort of fried chicken lunch at work (we seem to have all sorts of unhealthy lunches here… ) but I plan on being good otherwise. The scale is cooperating (although .2 lbs at a time—but hey, I’ll take what I can get!) and I would like to keep it that way.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Quickie post-can't post from my iPad for some reason. I'm too lazy to get out of bed to go find my laptop so I'm posting from my iPhone. I wanted to check in to say that I'm thrilled that popcorn and wine is an acceptable dinner! I have that a lot when Matt is out of town. I was out of wine last week so I had popcorn and Newcastle Brown Ale for dinner. I love Newcastle and I ended up having much more beer than food that day.

Marcy- is your house a 1-story with basement? My dream house! It looks awesome now, and it's not even finished. I'm so jealous! And I really like your ring. I have never had an EC stone, but my boss's ering is EC and I love it. I may need one for a rhr. Is your mom still okay? My dad is still waiting for his doctor to clear him for his surgery. Have you heard from Marty? I'm sure he'll be okay. Try not to worry. Easier said than done, I know.

Dee*Jay- A-political...I love it! I work in government, so I am turned off by the whole thing. You asked about the calorie thing earlier. I lost weight very steadily at 2-2.5 pounds per week on weight watchers. I hit a point where I didn't lose a thing for a few weeks, and I still had 30 lbs to go to my goal. My WW leader looked at my log and said I wasn't eating enough. She had me add a few more calories/points to my diet and voila! It started coming off again. I do think eating too little can do that to you.

Sharon-I hope the renovations are going well!

Have a great day tomorrow!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, what sort of governmental work do you do? (Not asking any specific questions here, and feel free to tell me it’s none of my business, I’m just always interested in the different kinds of work that people do.) And when you added calories in, how much did you up it? I can’t tell if I’m at a real plateau or if I’m just being impatient… Who me? Impatient?!?

And speaking of not losing any weight… would it be terrible if I went down to the company kitchen and had a piece of left over chicken for breakfast instead of the boring yogurt that’s sitting on my desk right now?

Nothing else exciting to report, but I did drive junior this morning. Some guy in a citrine colored muscle car pulled up next to me at a stop light, did a double take because I’m a woman (I’m becoming used to that, LOL), and said, “That’s a gorgeous car!” I certainly get talked to by a lot more men lately, but unfortunately the interactions all only last about the length of a red light!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI girlies:

Did make it to the gym today--did my thing. I am working more than usual and therefore makes it diffcult to get to a work out more than once a week. I can't at night since it stimulates me and that is not good for an insomniac.

Suppossed to snow and hit low temps; AWESOME! We had an unusually hot summer (record) and now we are being punished with unusal cold and snow from early OCt. BUt I won't complain--Sandy did much worse then I'll ever endure.

My reno's are almost at the finish line....seems to have stalled there. With working I am not home for the pantry door and hardware installation....hard to coordinate with trades....but I am happy with the results. Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I am NO good at that. Like I said, I don't even snap my jewellery...never mind kitchen and BR's!

DeeJay: I think you must be tired of Jr. by now--please send him over to me. Directly! :bigsmile:
Marcy: house looks awesome :appl:
deegee: :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee Jay, my mom hasn’t commented on the bed to us so I guess she thinks it’s okay. She seems to be happy to be home but has been doing some things so she is tired. She had her first PT session today but I haven’t talked to her yet. Chicken is protein. I hate when you hit plateau all you can do is continue to try. That is funny you getting attention in junior. It’s a guy magnet. Fun!

Deegee, it looks like we all agree popcorn and alcohol suffices for a meal. Sweet! I had some trouble posting on PS this weekend. Both my laptop and iPad seem to be working on it now. I really like EC stones so you know I’ll vote for you to get a EC RHR. I am an enabler when it comes to sparkly things.

Sharon, definitely it’s not good to get pumped up from exercise and then try to get some sleep. I always like to clean the house late at night but then I have a hard time going to sleep. How exciting to be almost done with your kitchen reno I hope you get some time away from work to get those final deliveries and installations done. I am getting more anxious for our house to be done.

Food today was cheerios and banana for breakfast, 2 tacos for lunch and soup for supper.

I went to supper with a friend last night. When I got home I was freezing, shivering and just down right cold so I put on sweats and got under a sweatshirt blanket. I went to bed before 10. I woke up about 1 am boiling - mostly because the electric blanket was cranked. I have felt fine since then. I am wondering if I had a touch of the flu since this weekend and just got over it with the chills. Weird.

I’ve talked to Marty a few times. They went to a restaurant by the ocean today and he said they had great fish. He is doing okay there; he says the city reminds him of Hong Kong except there is crime there and areas where you shouldn’t even go. He will probably be going back quite a bit. His company is looking in to get a condo so people going down to work will be able to stay there instead of at a hotel. The one he is in isn’t that nice. He showed me the bathroom; I will tell you a fat person would not fit on that toilet. He says his shoulders don’t even fit. It is a small bathroom with a one sink vanity, the toilet and a shower tub. The toilet is smashed between the sink and tub and it is tiny.

I worked on throwing things out tonight. Tomorrow is trash day so I went threw my crafts, purses, slipper socks, sewing supplies and desk. It is amazing how much stuff you collect and save in case you need it but never get it out again. I still have my laundry room / cleaning supplies and the kitchen to go through.

Take care!
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, you’re right, I’m tired of Junior, and I put the keys in your mailbox last night because it was late and I didn’t want to wake you. Feel free to go by the garage and pick him up any time! And I’m glad you’re reno is almost done, but we really need at least ONE pic!

Marcy, I love your description of the bathroom; that’s pretty much what it’s like down there. I have spent a lot of time in South America and its… um… different. Even the nice hotels aren’t exactly what we think of as nice (with some exceptions of course—there’s always the Four Seasons in Buenos Aires--but just basic nice nice really ain’t so nice!).

About when to work out – I am NOT a morning person! When I was a full time real estate agent I managed to do it in the morning because I would wake up, take the snoops for a walk (their second of the day at that point because Bill would take them out around 5:30 before he went to work) and head to the gym… around 9:30. And the only reason I would do it then was so I would only have to take one shower a day. But now I go after work, and I love it! I’ve got as much time as I want so there’s no rush to be anywhere, and I have NO problem sleeping afterwards. As for cleaning the house late at night (or any time, really), I wouldn’t know… I’ve never tried it! :bigsmile:

Went to the gym last night and then did homework until around midnight. It was really tired about half way through, but once I get going on a project I like to keep going. The scale was kind to me this morning, which I’m sure was a trick after that giant piece of fried chicken yesterday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, when you get sick of junior maybe Dee Jay will let me take him for a spin. Road trip! :appl: :appl:

Dee Jay that is exactly what Marty said. The hotel he is in was rated really well but it certainly isn't that nice. I am not a morning person either. That is the biggest reason Marty and I don't go to a gym; he wants to go early in the morning and I'd rather go after work. Marty wants supper right after work and I'd rather exercise then eat. When he had free access to the gym on base we hardly ever used it for that very reason. I know we both would be more motivated to go if we both went but we don't agree on the time. Now with Marty working at home he gets up even early than he used to so our schedules just don't line up. Glad that you got your homework done last night.

Work was busy today. I got up early and went out to the house. We have drywall! Woo hoo!!! For lunch I came home and loaded up pictures of the drywall on Facebook so Marty could see it. Tonight I made a sandwich and oven fries. I made a small pan of cocoa brownies. I was good and only ate one. I froze the rest of the pan in "2's" and froze them. We can have them with some low fat ice cream sometimes.

Tomorrow is Friday and then Marty gets home about noon on Saturday. Hopefully he'll get some sleep on the plane so he won't be sleepy driving that 90 miles home.

Laters,
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I can't believe you made a whole pan of brownies and only ate ONE. Wow!!! And that's great about the drywall; they are moving along so quickly!

Yesterday I didn't feel that great after lunch so I skipped the gym, and even took a little nap when I got home. The only thing I can think of is that I brought in a TJ's frozen meal with fish in it on Monday and put it in the fridge in my office, so it was a bit thawed by the time I cooked it yesterday and maybe it was a little off? I do that all the time (keep things in the fridge for a few days), but never with fish before. I don't think I'll try it again! I plan on working out tonight after work though becuase I'm meeting people for dinner at this great steak place... but our reservation isn't until 9:30 because one of the guys doesn't land until 7:45. I was in BED by 9:30 last night... I'll be the one dozing over my filet and asparagus in the corner... just nudge me when the bill comes!

This morning I stopped at CVS and got some oatmeal (regular Quaker Oats, not the little flavored packets). Great in theory, but the volcano of oatmeal all of the the damn microwave was a b!itch to clean up. Bigger bowl. Lesson learned...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, it was rough not eating more than one brownie when they are warm but I refrained. How was your very late dinner reservation. Did you pass out in your salad? I would be weary of eating fish that has thawed too. Sorry your oatmeal turned in to Mt. St. Helens in the microwave. What a mess to clean up! I blew up syrup in the microwave once; I couldn't believe how much that expanded when it blew.

Marty got home about 11 today. He hadn't slept on the plane so I thought he'd be passed out in no time but he wanted to run out to the house. They've taped some of the drywall. We noticed in spite of what the contractor told us they didn't cover all the vents so Marty said to remind him when we move in to vacuum out all the vents so that dust doesn't get everywhere in the house. They had the heat on for the time too. After looking around we went to Home Depot and Lowes to look at shades, window film and washer / dryers.

We are getting snow today. I guess a plane slid off the runway at DIA this afternoon. I am glad Marty's plane landed before the snow started in Denver.

I didn't sleep well last night. I had Marty's flight on Flight Tracker on my iPad and phone. I left the iPad in the living room with the volume on; all night the stupid push notices kept chirping at me on flight status. It woke me up but I was always too lazy to get up and go shut off the volume. It was too toasty warm under the covers. After he got on the plane in Houston I slept for about an hour and then finally got up and took a shower. Yes, I was asleep until about 8 today.

I had a piece of toast for breakfast and then made baked ravioli and garlic bread for a late lunch. We had raw veggies while our dinner baked in the oven. Then I made us each a brownie sundae with slow churned ice cream.

I get hives from some food and have a little tube of Caldecort that really helps with them. I threw it out by mistake the other night when I was cleaning out the front bathroom. It is too nasty to run out and get some tonight and I found some spray benadyrl so that should work until tomorrow. I don't know what I ate in the last day or 2 but I have the itchies pretty bad. Rats.

Take care!
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

DeeJay--how considerate of you! It is -25 here so I drove it around all the snow drifts I could find! :bigsmile: :saint: Handles beautifully!

I made lobster bisque last night and that is 3 years worth of calories in one meal--not that I was counting. Off to see Bond today...after yoga that is.

:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, what did you think of the new James Bond movie? -25? That is cold! I am glad you have junior to drive around all the snow drifts.

Speaking of snow we only got a few inches of snow here. We slept in until about 7. I made Marty sausage and eggs and made both of us pancakes. For late lunch we had meatloaf and runny mashed potatoes. I got too much milk it them but they tasted okay. For supper we had toast.

Marty went downstairs and took apart his bench. He put together our counter height bar stools while he was down there. I worked on laundry and researched things for a program on exo planets.

Deegee, I hope the power has been restored there. Are you getting mor snow?

Dee Jay, how many miles did you put on Junior this weekend?

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, hope all is well out east!

Sharon, I love lobster bisque! As for the calories, best not to even think in terms of the C word with something like that!

Marcy, not to many miles on Junior this weekend, but I took him for his first bath! Honestly, he might be inside for the long haul right now given the turn in the weather…

I had a friend in town for the weekend and we ate and drank like crazy! My weight is right back where it was 10 days ago… Oops! This week I will be very good (except for the pizza my company is bringing in for lunch today) because I’m heading to Chicago on Friday.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bond was entertaining; a very old school "type" Bond. Worth every kernel of popcorn!

cheers--Sahron

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, do you have snow there or just cold? I had a 66 mustang before we got married and it stayed in the garage about 8 months of the year. It was awful on snow. I am sure you had fun catching up with your friend. The evil “C”’s will go away.

Sharon, I will have to get Marty to take me to the movies to see the new Bond movie.

We are in the 20’s and 30’s here. Boo. At least the sun came out and the snow all melted. We maybe had about 3 inches is all. Marty followed a friend to Ft. Collins this morning since he had to turn in his car to be fixed. Strange they ended up in Denver at Golfsmith. I’d left some of my Teddy Bears with Marty’s Mac Air and I hadn’t heard from him yet about it so I searched for him on “Find Friends” and saw he was at Golfsmith. I texted him and gave him a hard time about being there. I tried to convince him I have an app that goes off if our debit card is within 500 feet of a golf store but he didn’t believe me. Weird. He got back to town about 1:30 and stopped by our house to look around. No one was there so he went inside. They’ve done more taping on the drywall. I swear they only work on our house a few hours a day. I told Marty maybe we didn’t pay them enough of a down payment.

I took leftovers for lunch and picked up tacos for supper. Marty is working tonight so he wanted a quick supper. We are going to dinner tomorrow night with a lady that used to work for Marty so I know that will involve some alcohol.

Top Gear tonight is going through the 50 years of Bond cars. Fun!

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I’m glad you enjoyed Bond! And movie popcorn is so marvelous!

Marcy, no snow, just cold. How is your mom doing BTW? Is her recovery going well?

Nothing exciting here. Had one more piece of pizza before I went to class, and actually THREW AWAY the THIRD one of the day that I had wrapped up in saran wrap to take with me and went with yogurt instead. I was not happy about it at the time, but I am in retrospect, LOL.

Stayed up after my class last night and finished some homework for tonight’s class that actually isn’t due until next week, but I will be in Phoenix so I figured I would just get it out of the way rather than have to drag my laptop along with me to finish it and email it in. Glad to have it out of the way!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee Jay, good idea to throw away the other piece of pizza. :appl: I'll buy a bag of candy (usually the new seasonal holiday ones) and eat too much of them so I run the rest of the bag down the garbage disposal because I want to eat more. :twisted: I am sure you are glad you've got your homework done this week so you don't have to worry about it next week.

We went to supper with one of Marty's former employees tonight and hashed over old times. We definitely had too much to drink; the 3 of us went through 2 bottles of wine. It was good though!

Work was okay today. I had a few one on ones with my employees and caught up some of my notes.

I met a friend for lunch and Marty wanted to join us so we went to look at an appliance store that is near that restaurant. We bought an appliance for our new house - the first thing on our need for the house list and of course this one is optional not required. Marty wanted a frig downstairs with an ice maker this of course is for his man cave. We went there to pick out a washer and dryer. Oh well we got a good deal on the frig. I think we'll go back Saturday and get the washer and dryer. I am still torn between the top loader he or top loader agitator. I will pick out what I want, then go read about it on consumer's report and then go through customer reviews online and then I come away believing NOTHING works. I think I'll just pick something and go with it. This place will store our stuff until we move then deliver it and install it. Our current appliances are from them and they are so great when you call for repairs. If you bought it from them they don't charge you a service call and if it's something minor it doesn't cost you a dime. They are a little higher than Lowes or Home Depot but I think their service evens it all out!

Well, I need to call my mom and get ready for bed. My mom is doing pretty well. She is doing therapy 3 times a week. She is hanging in there anyway. Thanks for asking about her.

Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results