shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I haven’t seen Marty so engrossed in a game since WOW. He was obsessed with that and stayed up really late playing that game too. Too funny Matt would neither confirm or deny he stayed up all night. I wouldn’t do that for free diamonds anymore. I hope your eye continues to improve; I am glad it isn’t bleeding anymore. I used to get film build up on contacts that was like looking through a fog. It would drive me crazy. I imagine all of this is frustrating to deal with so I’d do a few enzyme cleanings and it’d be fine again. Also I get really tired when I can’t see very well; I guess your mind tries to compensate for it. That is too bad WW restructured their point system. The fitness pal is a good ap. I do wear my heart ring about once a month. I like heart shapes; I think it would look good in a pendant. I hope Matt will be home whenever the roads are bad. The first year we were in this house we had a weekly blizzard of 8 - 12 inches, blowing snow and Marty was gone every single time. I am a big chicken driving when it’s really bad. I am glad you are standing up to vendors; they will walk all over you if you give them a chance. We definitely would get attention with those t-shirts.

We got our Christmas stuff down, packed and put away. Woo hoo! Marty still have the snowflakes on the garage but that’s it. We went out for lunch, stopped at the grocery store, bought the winning Powerball tickets and are now watching football.

Such excitement.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There's where you're wrong, Marcy. I'm going to buy the winning power ball tickets! :lol:

Wait...that would require me changing out of my jammies and getting out of the house today. Probably not going to happen.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, maybe we can just split all those millions. :lol: :lol: :lol:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-we forgot to stop in the way home from dinner to buy that winning ticket. I guess it's all yours!

I just read in my quick start user guide for my car that it has a curb monitor. Cool! I need to turn it on. I hit the curb the first day I drove it going to the eye dr. I thought, "yep...I pulled a Marcy!"

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Deegee, I'll still talk to you guys since I am not a multi millionaire. Rats. I love that your new car has a curb monitor. Marty was amused and said don't tempt him to buy me that car. Too funny you said you pulled a Marcy. I resemble that remark.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I slept in until 8. I kept waking up from 5 am on but I guess I was depressed since we didn't win Powerball so I decided to get some extra sleep to help keep that emotional pain at bay. :lol: I can lay it on pretty thick can't I?

I made pancakes for breakfast. We had a grapefruit with it and I made Marty some bacon. I am making beef noodle soup for lunch. I am using beef tenderloin tips for the meat but it was pretty fatty so I cut a lot of it out before I started the soup. Then I had a blonde moment and put an extra egg in the noodles. D'oh or Dough - either way you look at it. I was going to make 3 batches of noodles but decided 2 was enough but still had 3 eggs on my mind. They were small eggs for "large" but the dough was sticky. I added a bit more flour but not enough. Rolling out the noodles was challenging but I think they will cook up okay after they air dry.

Dee Jay - it's your and my team NFL next Sunday. Deegee, I bet Matt wasn't happy with his game last night.

Have a great day!
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee, I am waffling on the shag... I love the *idea* but I'm not sure I'd love the *reality*! Knowing me though I'll end up buying one (actually two, because I can't decide between the dark brown and the tan) and bringing them home and then taking them back. The problem is I don't really have room to store yet another rug (I've already got several orientals rolled up in one of my big closets) or else I would just do the shag but also keep the one that's under the bed now for later in case I change my mind.

Curby, your team and my team next week baby! Shall we place a little *wager* on the game?! :naughty: Loser gets The Demon, LOL!!!

My cold seriously kicked my a$$ last week, but I felt pretty much human over the weekend, which is good because I was up to my ankles in real estate clients, one of whom wrote an offer last night and now we're in (yet another) competitive bid situation. These are first time buyers and it's their first offer so I'm afraid they won't have the fortitude to see this bid through in a way that will win the deal. I hope I'm wrong though!

I am On A Mission today! I am going to be SO productive at work that it'll be like I've cloned myself! The list of things to do is pretty daunting, but I have every confidence in me, ha ha!

OK, off to DO!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, what’s a few more rugs? You can swap them out when you get tired of them. I am an enabler you know. That’s right - your team and my team. We can put a wager on the game but I’ll pass on Demon - he sounds like a handful sometimes. I lose bets to the darned Killer Rabbits all the time. Sometimes they have more cash than I do. Good deal you are feeling better and I hope the bidding war comes out in your client’s favor. Did your clone accomplish everything at work today?

Deegee, I sure wanted my We Don’t Have to Take this Crap t-shirt at work today. How is your eye doing?

Rod, can you send some of that warm weather our way. I don’t think the glacier on our street is going to melt until July.

Not much new here today. My employees got on my last nerve by 10; I got in lots of exercise going back and forth between my desk and the room having them fix issues I found. My boss is having the same problem with his team so he’s grumpy. Joy. Glad I had a few pretty diamonds to look between internal verbal outbursts.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, my poor clients have a new twist in the bidding war... The couple selling the unit is trying to adopt a baby, which they've had for five months now. Well they went to court yesterday for the final appearance before they would be granted the adoption and suddenly someone who adopted the other siblings of the baby (and I get the impression who is also a relative) now wants the baby too. So needless to say the sellers have other fish to fry at the moment and we are still awaiting an answer. I feel bad for my clients, being on pins and needles, but I feel TERRIBLE For these poor sellers with the baby. I really hope everything works out OK for them.

Last night a couple of my neighbors came over and we had a bottle... or two... of wine. Then I had to clean the place up because a location scout called and asked if she can come by today to look at the space. I joke with the CB that if it weren't for the location scouts dropping in every now and then the place would never get cleaned, ha ha!

My day yesterday wasn't *quite* as productive as I had hoped, but I did get some things done, so that's nice. Today I'm right back at it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is too bad about the adoption. That would be really sad for them since they have already bonded with the baby. I hope it works out for them. Yes, I am sure they are a bit preoccupied right now but for your client’s sake I hope they continue with selling their house and make a decision on that. How nice of your neighbors to stop by and help you polish off some wine. I am sure you got a lot done yesterday. Did the location scouts like your place today?

Marty tried the day without bread - he wrote me at lunchtime saying he was starving already. He’s eating chicken and salad mostly, veggies for supper and of course now I want chicken.

I got one of my items from Chefscatalog - a 16” round skillet which is HUGE. I boxed it up and will give it to my niece and nephew with 3 teenage boys. I guess we need the 12” size skillet. They were out of that size already though. Rats. I got a heck of a deal on it though; sadly no returns.

Off to pick up my house. The cleaning lady comes tomorrow.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, the location scouts loved my place! They will be filming for Chicago PD in there and I think it's for the season finale so I'll let you know when it's going to be on.

Last night the CB made a thin crust pizza that I got from Costco and he tried to brown the cheese on the top with the broiler at the end... can you say "burnt pizza"?! It wasn't too bad so we ate it, but I think next time we should try the non-blackening method!

It's freezing here today! I've even got the small space heater on in my office, which I've only used twice this year. I think it was 3 when I woke up. Gah!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I never watch that show but I will if your place is going to be in it. That is so exciting. Rats for blackened pizza. I am glad it was at least edible. Ugh to waking up to 3 degrees. It’s like it’s winter or something. We were in the 40’s today so hopefully that is moving your way. Sadly cold and snow is moving in here tomorrow night. I need to get a picture of our street to show you guys. It is horrible.

We went out for supper tonight. The cleaning lady was here today so I want to enjoy a clean kitchen for one night.

Marty might be heading to the NE in a few weeks. He’s been home for a few months I think he is getting bored.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

It's another windy day in Wyoming. You'd think the cemented down snow drifts and glaciers on the street couldn't blow in to new drifts but they somehow managed to blow in to more drifts and ice over the roads. At least it will all be over with in about 5 months when it warms up. :lol:

Work was busy, I met a friend for lunch then buried my head in more reports and it was 5 before I knew it. Marty tried making smash potatoes tonight with some sirloin steak. They weren't bad but I'd rather have baked or mashed potatoes. He is just trying to cook different things.

I need to go practice my program for the astronomy meeting. Now that I don't teach all the time this stuff requires notes. WTH?

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I did the same training session SO many times when I was a bank auditor that I swear if you put that binder in my hand right now and propped me up in front of a new group of incoming employees I could do the speel (sp?) perfectly without batting an eye! "I am Dee Jay and it is MY job to help you do YOUR job within the bounds of the Federal securities laws, the exchange mandates, and the firm's policies and procedures... " !!!

Yesterday I somehow spent the entire day getting ready for the condo meeting...? Not sure what took so long, but it really did. The good news is the meeting went well and the roofers are back up there working (on the days when the weather allows, that is) so we're making progress on that front.

I think I'm finally going to get one of those wet mopping robots. Costco has them for $199 after rebate, and I figure I'll try it and if it doesn't work I'll take it back. God bless Costco! I also want a shag rug for the bedroom and since those are on sale until Sunday I'm picking a couple of those up too and deciding on the color. Finally, I'm getting rid of three of the oriental rugs rolled up in my closet and two Tiffany style lamps (one table one floor). I HAVE to start divesting myself of some of the extra stuff in my house or else I've got to buy the place next door and bust through just to add storage space!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, it sounds like you could easily do your speel to new employees on Federal securities laws. One of those things you could do in your sleep, right? That’s good news the condo meeting went well and the roofers are back at work. This is a rough time of year to be working on the roof; glad it’s not me up there. Good luck with one of those floor cleaning robots. Let me know what you think of it. Costco has a great return policy.

The astronomy meeting was okay last night. We moved the meetings to a retirement community a block and a half from us. We are using the pub and it’s kind of a broken up area so I don’t know how it will if we ever have a big crowd but due to more snow and ice here yesterday our attendance was small. One of the residents came and we were all very nice and patient with her but then everyone kind of tried to get away from her. She couldn’t remember things, couldn’t hear and had no idea about astronomy I think she just wanted to talk. I had my first slide from Keynote just on the TV and it had a NASA/STSCI photo of galaxies on it and she kept asking me what STSCI was. I tried explaining it to her about 8 different ways and she wasn’t understanding it was just an image credit. Once I started my talk she kept asking me questions so I finally had to ask her to hold her questions until I was done. I felt bad but I’d still be there answering her questions if I hadn’t move along.

Okay I’ve discovered my left hand is not strong enough to hold my Macbook Pro with just my thumb and forefingers. I didn’t drop the laptop but sure did a number on my hand. It’s better today but “cracking” sometimes and sore. It hurts to type. It hurt so bad when I did it I wanted to scream. That would have torn Marty away from his PS4 game. I put one of those ice gel packs on it. Leave it to me to do something just picking up my laptop. I got the lecture today I am not skilled, strong or coordinated enough to try and pick up or carry something expensive with one hand or part of one hand. :lol:

I got paged from work while taking my shower this morning. 90 minutes later I got that mess cleaned up. Marty made me a pancake that I put cool whip and strawberries on top. Mm.

Then I made 2 trips to Fedex; first to get the box then came home, packed up my rings then headed back to Fedex.

We are going to Outback for lunch. I wish Marty would get hungry because I am hungry already. We are invited to a brewery downtown tonight for a birthday party. I don’t feel like hanging out in a bar with millennials so I might beg out of it unless Marty agrees to a token hi here are we’ll have one drink and leave.

Have a great weekend.

Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, I am glad we didn’t really agree upon a bet for the game today. Otherwise I think I’d find Demon at my door tomorrow. I swear the Broncos receivers couldn’t catch a ball today. My bears and I were on the edge of our seats. Marty will be flying in to O’Hare on the 25th so can you order up some nice weather that day so he doesn’t miss his connecting flight?

We were going grocery shopping first thing this morning but since we had about 4 more inches of snow overnight we stayed home. We were going to pick up the ingredients to make lasagna today so after digging through the cupboard I found spaghetti, tomato sauce and tomato paste so Marty made homemade spaghetti and meat sauce for lunch. It was quite tasty.

We watched football most of the day and I got our laundry done. I am worn out of this constant snow here. Yes it’s Wyoming but we usually get some melting between storms.

Have a great week!

Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

My food allergies are kicking up today. I itch so bad I’m almost antsy from it. I do have some medicine I can take but it raises my blood pressure and buzzes me so I can’t sleep. Best get back to basic plain food for a few days.

Marty made a sweet sour sauce tonight with pineapple then stir fried some beef and veggies to put on rice. It was pretty good.

Marty dug through his company email tonight because I couldn’t get to his current check stub. It is about $200 short. They moved the website where you can check his pay stubs so we got that set up and logged in only to find they withheld state tax on his pay. His home office is Atlanta but since we live in Wyoming which doesn’t have state taxes they’ll have to give that back to us. It is always something, eh?

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, how on earth did Marty's check get screwed up like that?!? Was it some sort of end-of-year "reset" that changed his regular settings? This is the part of technology that makes me crazy -- stuff like this is truly baffling! As for The Demon, I am so mad at the Steelers for losing that game that I'm ready to ship him to THEM. Argh!!!

This weekend I did a pretty good job of hibernating! I don't think I left the house at all on Saturday. On Sunday I did end up running to Costco late in the afternoon, and it was so busy you'd swear they were giving sh!t away in there! Yesterday I had to go and do continuing education for my real estate license, which was totally mind-numbing! Then I stopped at Bloomingdales and bought some fancy-dancy coffee pods for my fancy-dancy coffee maker (there are only two stores that sell them in all of Chicago and I didn't feel like ordering them on-line) and I also stopped at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Not exactly sure what I got there, but I ended up spending a hundred bucks, LOL. Last night I went on a cleaning mission and moved some things around in the cabinets under the breakfast bar. I also got rid of some throw pillows out of an old trunk that haven't seen the light of day for several years now (some still had the price tags on them... ), a Brita water pitcher that I used for a bout a month and when it was time to change the filter I abandoned it, and a bunch of pint glasses that I've never used (not even sure where they came from... ). By then it was about 8 o'clock so I gave up, but there's more stuff in my house to get rid of for sure!

Oh! And I also bought a floor mopping robot at Costco! We spent a couple of days watching it run around the floor, but sadly it's going back. It only does 300 square feet at a time, which is just a tiny fraction of my floor space, and it leaves a white smudge at the end of every row where it turns around, which I've then got to mop up manually anyway, so what's the point...?! Oh well, it was good for hours of amusement! I also got a dark brown shag rug that I'm going to put under the bed, but not until the filming is over next week. Maybe I can even get the crew to swap it out for me -- I mean, what do they care whether they put the old rug or a new rug down when they move the bed back, right?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Marty’s company switched over to a new payroll system. Everything else seems to have imported fine but somewhere the box for Georgia State Tax was checked. I just looked and there is a Georgia State Tax form filed out in there. I’d change it but I hate to just do something. Marty wrote HR today but they never answered. I fear this is going to be a major pain to resolve and get our money back. Good idea to send Demon to the Steelers. I am quite nervous about the game against the Patriots. Time will tell. What coffee machine do you have? Marty has Nespresso and orders his pods online. I am glad you got in some serious shopping this weekend. That is too bad about your floor mopping robot. It sounds like a great idea though. I definitely need to work on cleaning out our house too. We still have holes, closets, drawers that are empty but we have way too much junk. Good idea to have the film crew swap out your new rug for you. Are they filming Chicago PD next week?

We had a little snow last night; just enough to make everything icy and sloppy on top of the existing glaciers and crusted over snowdrifts. In 4 months winter might actually be over.

I got plain Marcy food for supper. A steak and baked potato. I had to laugh I told Marty to cook me small ones; I cut it all in half and told Marty to warm it up for me for supper tomorrow night. He picked up raw veggies for me so that worked great. He made himself a piece of tuna. Ew. I am not a fish person. It looked raw to me but he loved it.

2 days down, 3 to go.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I have the Nespresso Virtuoline, which makes both espresso with the little pods and an 8 oz cup of coffee with bigger pods. I normally order them from the Nespresso site because they do free shipping if you get 150 pods, but since I was right there at the Bloomingdales Home Store I figured I would just pick some up. Plus, 150 pods is 15 boxes, and I don't have a ton of kitchen storage so I end up tucking the ones that won't fit into the dedicated coffee drawer somewhere else and it's a crap shoot whether I will ever find them again! Chicago PD is shooting on Wednesday. Some of my neighbors are QUITE excited!

Last night I took a client to see five things (but we only got into four because the lockbox was frozen on one of them and I couldn't get it open), and I had a deal that I thought was dead in the water come together as I was driving home, so that was a marvelous little surprise!

This morning my first clue that it had snowed was the scraping sound of my upstairs neighbor's shovel on the metal catwalk before 7 o'clock this morning. Ugh. At least it was just a light dusting and I cleaning off the car was easy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Marty says that is the same Nespresso machine he has too. He has one of the Krueig ones in the man cave but makes espresso most of the time. That would explain why Marty orders 15 boxes in every order from Nespresso. They sure get here fast. I bet your neighbors are excited for a TV series to be filming in their building. Very cool. Business with your clients seems to be hopping. I hope there is a lot of closings in your future. Darn it that someone scraping snow woke you up bright and early. We had a neighbor at our old place that would fire up a snow blower or lawn mower at 6:30. I usually had a case of tourettes about then. Glad you only had a light dusting though.

So I can officially no longer go in and out of my street heading north. The glaciers, ruts and street are all at such different heights now I hit bottom on my car and almost got high centered. Joy.

Marty met me for lunch today which was a nice break from work. I fueled my car and holy cow it was under $25. I was paying over $80 at one point. Of course the stock market was reflecting some serious doubts today one area of concern is the falling oil prices.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, yeah, Nespresso only gives you free shipping if you order that much (or more) and I figure it's not going to go bad and I'm going to use it eventually anyway, so why not?

Last night I drove all over god's green earth to get the earnest money check on the deal that unexpectedly came together on Tuesday night, and then dropped it off at the listing agent's office. I didn't get home until almost nine. At least the CB had dinner for me!

It's starting to warm up a little here -- I think we're going to hit 20 today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Marty has quite the stock of Nespresso pods but he uses them up. Glad to hear you got the earnest money delivered last night and CB had dinner waiting for you. 20 is like a heatwave now, huh?

My day started off with some idiot almost sideswiping my car. I was waiting to turn on the main road by our house and some guy came flying around the corner, went in to my lane and missed by car by a few inches. Luckily since I was turning right I was already far over to the right. He then oversteered and almost went in the ditch. I wonder if he was coming home from an all night bender. Wow I’ll be watching for that car from now on.

The upcoming snow storm caused a bunch of last minute changes for us at work so I stayed about 30 minutes late. We have a lot of changes to finish in the morning.

Poor Marty got up at 3:30 today so he was shot today. He had the oil changed in his pickup. I wonder if he is getting run down because he isn’t eating much right now and works out about 90 minutes a day 5 days a week.

Have a great evening and stay home from the storm if the snow is heading your way.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, it's 30 degrees here now -- so warm I had to unzip my coat on my walk to work! Of course the ice pellets hitting me in the face put a damper on my happy warm mood! I saw your post in the NIRDI about Altanta... have you ever been there in the summer? Ugh. SOOOOO disgusting...

Last night I made all my showing requests for both my Saturday morning and my Saturday afternoon clients and painted my nails. That was about all I could manage, LOL. Then I got in bed and read until around midnight. This morning the CB had a walk-through right by my house at 8 am so I got coffee in bed. It was fabulous!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Weekend! I hope you are all in safe from any storms.

Dee Jay, isn't it funny when 30 degree weather seems like a heat wave. Agreed those ice pellets in the face can bring you back to reality. I am glad you saw my post about Atlanta. I was going to post it here too but figured I'd whined enough already. I have not been to Atlanta in the summer; I bet it is pretty hot and muggy. You sound organized for your showings this weekend. How nice of CB to bring you coffee in bed. What a sweetie.

Last night we went out for supper then stopped at the golf course for a drink. We were discussing Atlanta. Marty's boss pointed out to him a job opening so Marty is considering applying for it. The location on the job listing says "preferably Atlanta". However when Marty's boss mentioned it he said a U.S. position. He would be the manager over the people working his current job. Concerns are does Marty really want to go back in to management? If he does want the job and gets it; do we have to move to Atlanta or can he continue to work mostly from home? If we have to move what salary would be acceptable. Cost of living is about 7 - 13% more than our current location. This Wyoming girl would hate the hassles of living in a big city - traffic, crowds, distances to just go places. Moving means the loss of my income. Although I am sure I'd eventually find something I doubt I'd be making what I make now. We've only been in our house 3 years so we'd probably about break even if we sold it. So decisions, decisions.

Last night I think we reached a conclusion that if we have to move it's not a sound economical move for us. Marty plans on talking to his boss next week to find out more information and what options he would have.

We drove out to a steak house called Little Bear Inn about 10 miles north of town. We hadn't been there for about 2 years mostly because the food and service was getting bad. Last night was great so we'll go back. Their signature dessert is called Bear Balls. They make large balls of Haagen-daz ice cream and then roll the ice cream ball in crushed Oreo cookies. They are so good.

I am making my oft requested Death cookies today for dinner and game name at a friends. We are playing pictionary which caused me to ask why do you insist on playing games I am so awful at? I can't draw. Which of course makes it more fun for everyone else.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-you might be moving to Atlanta? I've got to get caught up on posts!

We've been working long hours trying to get ready for system go-live this week. It didn't happen because there were too many critical failures. Next go-live date is Feb 15, and I have a crap ton of work to do before then. I've been so exhausted after work in the evenings that I come home and zonk out. I usually don't sleep well, but that hasn't been a problem the last few weeks! My niece totaled her car last week on the interstate after hitting a patch of ice while she was driving back to school in Lexington. She slammed into the concrete median wall, so she's banged up, bruised, and afraid to drive for the moment. She has some burns from the airbag too. And to make matters worse, her Burmese cat Snappy died of kidney failure at the kitty hospital while my niece was in the ER. Snappy slept with her every night, so my niece is especially sad. We're snowed in right now. We got 2ft of the white yuck yesterday. Our neighborhood hasn't been plowed, and were in the mountains so our road isn't passable. I decided to work from home yesterday and I'm glad I did because the governor sent everybody home and closed state offices at 10am. I'm trying to make myself turn on my work computer and get some stuff done. Ugh.

I went to the grocery store Thursday before the snow began. It was a crazy place and the selection of food was pretty lame. This is how I prepared. I should have bought more! I was in serious snow-denial and was convinced the storm would pass over us!

_1601.jpeg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Our driveway!

_1602.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I like how you shop and stock up for a storm. I hate to hear about your niece; what a lot to happen to her at once. You certainly had a lot of the white stuff dumped on you. That was a good call to work from home yesterday. That was nice of Lily to go out and clear a path for you in all of the snow. Good luck with making your next deadline with your live system. You’ll probably be snowed in for a few days now. Hope your liquor supply lasts. Stay safe and warm.

The job / Atlanta story is Marty is probably putting in for a management position with his company and the job’s location is preferably Atlanta. If we had to move and lost my income that would be a shock to the pocket book. It’s all in the new and exploratory stage at this point in time. I think his biggest decision is whether he wants to go back in to management.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, how did your showing go?

Deegee, did it quit snowing there yet? How much snow did you end up getting?

Rod, I hope you are enjoying nice weather for us.

We had a fun evening last night. My friend made mac and cheese with bacon; it was pretty good. My death cookies were a hit. My friends niece just turned one and her parents never let her eat sugar until she turned one. She was funny. They gave her some salad stuff and she dropped it on the floor. They gave her a piece of roll. She dropped it on the floor. They gave her some macaroni. She dropped it on the floor. So they gave her a piece of cookie and she loved it. She kept trying to get on the table and go for the bag of cookies. When they were packing up to go home my friend’s husband was holding the baby so gave her an entire cookie she was thrilled. Her parents not so much.

We hit the grocery store about 9 and then Marty made lasagna. It smells really good. I need to drag him away from Fallout so he can make us garlic bread. I want to eat and be done with dishes before the Broncos game.

Go Broncos!

Have a great day.
Marcy / Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Now I'm all caught up.

Marcy-Atlanta? That would be a huge move for you. I'm surprised Marty is considering going back into management. I guess if Matt was unhappy and wanted to find another job elsewhere, I'd probably feel like I needed to encourage him do to so. You're probably the same as me in that respect! I have told Matt that if he ever wants to move, he'd better get a job with enough of a raise to include my salary because I'm going to take my sweet time finding a part-time job! Ha! I'm sure you two have lots of thinking to do. I imagine it would be hard for you to leave your new house, and you're not horribly far from Denver. I've always heard that was such a cool place! 3 years after we were married, Matt was laid off. When he was interviewing for jobs in other states, we made the decision that we were going to be happy no matter where we ended up. And we are very happy. (We just celebrated our 21st anniversary!) I'm sorry to be rambling...I just wish you guys the best and hope everything works out.

The snow plow came and it is sunny today, so I'm hoping to see pavement soon. We may be able to get out of the neighborhood tomorrow! I'm getting very stir crazy and actually hope I can make it to work. We've been stuck since Friday. I measured 23 inches in the driveway. I read you had sent some rings back. Are they getting refurbished?

Dee*Jay-how's that clone working out? I've decided I need a clone so I can put clone Dee to work and I can head to the beach. Sounds like a perfect solution to me. Did you get your rug? Mine is dark brown and I love it, but I'm wishing I'd gone with greige. When I bought it, I had planned to replace the grey marble in my fireplace with something brown. But my family room and kitchen are practically one big room and my countertops are grey speckled Corian. I'd love to replace it all, but there's nothing wrong with any of it so I can't bring myself to do it. So now I'm trying to blend brown, tan, grey and grey-blue. I'm going to make it work...eventually. When I get around to shopping for house stuff. I suck at decorating.

Matt finally tore himself away from Fallout and is outside trying to clear the driveway and I've been working on laundry. I downloaded the first Hatry Potter book to read because I think I may be the only person I know who hasn't read those books. Being stuck is bad for a diet. I made no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies last night. It was the first time I have ever attempted them, and they actually turned out right. I was so excited! I drank too many Irish coffees all day yesterday, and then drank wine with dinner and refilled my glass a few times until I went to bed. I must think I'm on vacation or something. I haven't turned on my work laptop a single time since Friday. Gotta reign it back in. Have a great day!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results