shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Tread March 22 - 28

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
Thanks for Appletini’s suggestion from last week’s thread for something she read in Jillian Michael’s newsletter. It is very important to take care of yourself first. I think it becomes too easy to fall in to the routine of wanting to please everyone else and sometimes that is detrimental to our own well being.

If you spend all of your time taking care of family, friends and co-workers you will struggle to find some necessary me time. You will get stressed and that may lead to not very wise food choices. You will be more likely to skip exercising and that can get you in to a vicious cycle of gaining weight, eating poorly and finding less and less motivation to try and change.

What do you do for me time?

I spend time on Pricescope for one thing. I love to look at the new jewelry and gemstones. I like to read and I like to knit. A healthy thing I choose to do is go for a walk.

Have a great day!
35.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had a full weekend combined with bad weather so exercising for me on Saturday or Sunday. Saturday morning a front came though and it was pouring down rain and super windy, and yesterday it was super windy, plus we had houseguests. I''m hoping to get in a walk later today. I''m working from home this morning b/c my landscaper had to reschedule due to Saturday''s downpour, so no TBT class for me today. However the sun is out and its a beautiful day.

Me time is something that is very important to me, in addition to "we" time. DH and I have a weekly date night, the day varies depending on our social calendar, and every once in awhile we miss a week, but we make the time for each other. I also do the me time, which can be anything from getting a mani/pedi, to reading a book, taking a nap, or going for a walk. DH usually plays golf on the weekends so I enjoy having the house to myself. Also in having some me time, I have learned to say no. I like to be home for dinner at least 2 nights during the week. So too many activities, leads to a stressed out me and usually also means fewer meals at home.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Back to the weekly grind...

I had a mini 3 day weekend. I worked from home on Friday, which was nice because I’m fairly new, and haven’t asked to work-from-home on a regular basis yet. We had a good weekend and good eats. Sunday I had a good 11 mile run; my visor was great and kept the sun out of my eyes. It was warm and all the snow melted, but it made for a muddy run. I had to slow way down on the dirt path, as the dirt was mud, and it was slippy. The last thing I wanted was to fall in the mud, or twist my ankle. I walked a lot after my run, which I think attributed to my zero soreness today!
36.gif
I am happy about that. We made turkey sandwiches for dinner last night; they were good.

Tonight we’ll have tuna, a veg, and either cous cous or polenta. I’ll do weights and some stretching tonight. I hope everyone has a great week!

Oh, my “me time” is def. my running. I spend hours running per week, and it’s something I love to do. My husband is supportive of it, but at times he thinks that it takes up too much time, esp during weekends. It will get interested if/when I decide to start training for a marathon.

Marcy- Thanks for the opener. I’m interested to read everyone’s “me time”.

Apple- Sorry to hear about your crappy weather weekend. I’m awaiting CO’s ever-changing spring weather. It can go from 70 to snow overnight.

A shout-out to Lisa. I hope your race went well; cant wait to hear about it!

Maevie- Those brownies sound awesome. I’ll have to try them out.
18.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, back to the grind. The weekend was SO relaxing. I actually finished everything I needed to finish for work on Friday and left the office with some spring in my step, knowing that I didn''t have to work over the weekend! I slept in, cooked and took the dogs for long evening walks. Last night, I made albacore fish tacos topped with shredded cabbage and a jalapeno lime sour cream. I didn''t seed the jalapenos and was afraid that the sour cream would be burning up but they weren''t spicy at all. Boo... we love our spicy food. This morning, I threw into the crock pot beef stew with portabello mushrooms and red wine. Looking forward to not stressing out about dinner tonight. Will pair it with a cauliflower puree. It''s a great mashed potato substitute. The weather''s been beautiful, I was telling DH during our walks that we need to take advantage of the longer days by doing more walking or perhaps, biking.

Me time... I need to work on more me time. I signed up for a pilates class tonight. It''s at a new studio near by. And oddly enough, I consider cooking "me time." I love plowing through my cookbooks, planning meals, and putting it all together. I get a lot of personal satisfaction from putting a tasty meal on the table that I made from scratch.

Marcy, still snowing out in your neck of the woods? Thanks for the opener this week. I definitely need focus on some me time to get on track.

Hi Apple, sorry to hear your weather''s so bad. Hopefully, it''s cleared up for you. DH and I used to do date night... we need to re-institute that again.

Beach, YAY for a 3 day weekend!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 1:27:03 PM
Author: panda08
'' I love plowing through my cookbooks, planning meals, and putting it all together. I get a lot of personal satisfaction from putting a tasty meal on the table that I made from scratch.
ha! I''m the same way and i thought I was the only one! I read through my cookbooks all the time trying to plan the next yummy weekend meal. And I plan a weekly menu.

The weather has cleared up and today is beautiful!

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 1:30:50 PM
Author: appletini
Date: 3/22/2010 1:27:03 PM

Author: panda08

'' I love plowing through my cookbooks, planning meals, and putting it all together. I get a lot of personal satisfaction from putting a tasty meal on the table that I made from scratch.

ha! I''m the same way and i thought I was the only one! I read through my cookbooks all the time trying to plan the next yummy weekend meal. And I plan a weekly menu.

+1!! Weird. I always tell Kyle that if he starts not getting home cooked meals that I don''t love him any more...it''s how I show my love! Hehehe...

The weekend for me was jam packed and I''m still playing catch up. I had my Special Olympics bowling fundraiser Saturday so I spent all night Friday getting ready, all day Saturday there. I haven''t done an event total yet, but so far for the raffle I raised over $800, and I''m estimating the pledges for the bowlers will be between $6K and $8K.

Sunday I got 2/3 done with gluing my invitations, now''s the home stretch and then I have to orders stamps and get them in the mail!
36.gif
Then I made dinner - baked chicken breasts, veggies, whole wheat pasta with low fat alfredo and Parmesean basil pop-ups. Then I baked a banana bread for Kyle and his buddies at work because our cafeteria at work was giving away over ripe bananas on Friday.

This weekend didn''t allow for any exercise, but I felt amazing at the gym this morning. Probably needed the rest. I walked at a 15% incline at 3.5mph for 30 minutes and I could have kept going! I was surprised when the cool down started. LOL.

Tonight I''m going to go for a long walk at the park and try out this routine that was in this month''s Health Magazine.

For lunch I had a whole wheat flatbread with roasted pepper hummus and spinach and about 1/2c of home made tomato basil soup.

Things I do for me: Read, take hot baths, and go for a massage once a month. I have also been known to shop a little here and there! Hehehe...I also love cooking, finding new recipes and trying them out. That''s probably where most of my time goes. I just hate the clean-up part that comes with it!

Marcy - thanks for kicking off our week!

Appletini - Sounds like you had similar weather to me! We actually had snow when I woke up on Saturday, which was crazy considering Friday it was 60. Weird. Similar to CO weather like BeachRunner said!

BeachRunner - Sounds like another great weekend for you! I love working from home. I''m not new to my company, but I have a new boss so it''s always hard testing the "work from home waters". My old boss used to let me work from home about 50% of the week, it was amazing. My new boss seem''s pretty cool with it even though I''ve only asked him about 3 times. He has admitted he knows were every free wi-fi is in a 10 mile radius so he can get out and get things done, so I know he understands the mentality behind getting out of here sometimes so you can focus.

Panda - I''ve always wanted to try the cauliflower puree! Hopefully I get a food processor that I registered for. Your weekend sounds like it was an amazing time!

Cj

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Shout out
35.gif
! Hope everyone is well.

Worked it hard in the pool and gym today--and on the weekend was outdoors for a brisk walk-run. Yay for Spring--just hope it stays decent--we always get a dump of the white stuff March-April.

cheers--Sharon

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! This weekend was long... it was a rollercoaster... and I am emotionally and physically drained. I don''t want to go into detail on here... but I''m having a wistful day. I worked out HARD yesterday. Spent 40 mins on the elliptical and another 20 on the bike doing an incline work. Then I did 30 mins weights when I got home and about 10 mins of ab work... woo hoo! I rode on Saturday... it was a busy... hectic...stressful.... emotional day for me. Wedding tea... riding...people. Sigh. Anyways. I''m planning to work with my 6 year old when I get home (horse) and then do weights with some jumping jacks/jump rope tonight.

Me time : reading, horses, working out, yoga, writing, and oh yeah...horses.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
So, half of my pants don''t seem to fit anymore
23.gif
which means I need to step up my consistency with the 30 day shred and dial back my portions and treats.

But, the interesting news is, after a few months of watching me work out sporadically, my loveable but couch potato DH wants to do it with me tonight
36.gif
So, that will be interesting
3.gif
but very excited. I do really well working out with a buddy and hope that mayeb we can do this together. Since we''re both super busy it would be a fun (although sometimes painful
20.gif
) activity to do together!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Just had another brownie - so delicious!

I woke up at 5am this morning and have had a headache/slight fever all day - no working out for me today, but at least I don''t have a big appetite..

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Ladies..........(see I said I''d check in when I could!)

Great opener Marcy........I''m not good at having much me time. I guess for me, it''s working out as that''s just about the only time I have to do something really good for me. And when I''m workinng out, the world disappears and I escape my real life for a few hours. Otherwise, when Rebuild Rod began, I denied myself just about all the good foods I liked, so lately, I''ve been enjoying allowing myself some food treats I''d completely given up.

Yesterday was a really dreary rainy day in Tampa. Still we had a nice day and we worked out hard in the afternoon. We fixed a nice dinner of homemade lump crabcakes, steamed brocolli and we made a fresh spinach, mushroom and egg salad. It''s going to be a killer week, so i won''t be checking in again until likely the weekend.

I hope you all have a great week.........Stay focused.....Stay Healthy.......

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I got my exercise today finally. My BFF, another friend and I were meeting for dinner near my BFF''s house. So I went to her house and we walked to dinner and back. I also got ones of the heart healthy items on the menu. Black bean orzo pasta salad w/ chicken...its a big portion so I took half home to take for lunch on Wednesday.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Great opener, Marcy. Unfortunately me time is nonexistent right now because I''m putting too much time in at work. I haven''t been exercising much because I come home from work late, eat, and fall sound asleep on the couch. I haven''t been able to stay awake to read the healthy lifestyle thread the last few weeks, which is bad because everyone is so encouraging and inspiring here. Eats are still good though and I have maintained my goal weight since December. I have to start making time for exercise again. My back dr cleared me last week to do exercise with light weights - finally. I have to get going with that.

marcy, rod, dragon - and anyone else who lost a bunch of weight...did you lose shoe size? I noticed in November that my shoes were all too big. I bought 3 pairs of black boots and 3 pairs of brown boots, and have worn boots since December. This weekend I pulled out my sandals and summer shoes, and they’re all too big! I went down a whole shoe size. I’m afraid to get rid of all of my shoes since I’m heading into spring with very few items of clothing. I was 65 pounds heavier this time last year and I need all new spring/summer clothes. Now I’m thinking I have to get all new shoes too. My question is - when everything settles down from losing weight, do the feet go back towards the old size or stay the new size? I ask the question because a coworker told me that I need to wait a few months after reaching my goal weight before I start replacing things. I’m too big of a klutz to walk around in sloshy shoes. My feet weren’t pudgy in the first place, so I can’t figure out how I lost so much feet weight.

Anyway, have a great tomorrow everyone!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I am not having a good evening.My internet connection is crazy slow so it took me over an hour to grade papers.My mom and dad had a fight while I was on the phone with my mom over something really stupid.At least I took out my frustrations on the floors – I mopped and vacuumed.

Food was good today.Cheerios and strawberries for breakfast, mini bagel for break, low fat lasagna for lunch with a 90 calorie Coke (they are new in the store), raw veggies, grilled steak and rice for supper.

Appletini, you did have a busy weekend.Sorry the weather was bad all weekend.I am glad you take time for both me time and we time.I enjoy the summer when Marty is playing golf too.I like being alone and yet am glad to see him come home.Woo hoo for nice weather moving back in today.

BeachRunner, Monday’s roll around way too fast.That is great you weren’t sore after your long run.There is a lot of mud around here too.Snow is in our forecast for tonight through Wednesday.I am glad running is something you love to do.

Panda, I am glad you had a nice, relaxing weekend.Your beef stew sounds marvelous.How wonderful to sign up for pilates class.Cooking is fun and relaxing for me too. I hope you find more ways for me time; I think even 5 minutes a day of me time can make a difference.We are expecting 5 inches of snow with the storm moving in tonight.

Pinki, the fundraiser sounds fun and profitable.That is terrific you are almost finished with getting your invitations in the mail.Please tell me more about the routine in the Health Magazine.LOL at the clean-up part of cooking.On weekends when I cook a lot I feel like I am in the kitchen all the time.Long baths, shopping and a massage sound great.

Sharon, it sounds like you have a nice weekend with some great workouts.

Dragonfly, I hope your week goes better than your weekend.I think you like horses, huh?Tee hee.

Bella, how nice your DH wants to workout with you tonight.Enjoy!

Maeive, I hope you are feeling better tonight.

Rod, your time in the gym is such an important part of your life; I am glad you enjoy it so much.Occasional treats are good things.

Deegee, sorry you don’t have any me time right now.Congratulations on maintaining your weight.Yes, I went down at least an entire shoe size.When they measure my feet they say it is 1 ½ smaller than I used to wear but my toes aren’t comfortable in that size so I buy 1 size smaller than I wore before.My hats are all too big and I had my rings sized 4 times.Maybe just buy one or two pairs of shoes and see how you do with them.I don’t think your feet would grow again.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
congrats Deegee on such an accomplishment and I hope that your schedule gets a little less hectic soon!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for being MIA again.

Marcy~ Your opener was right on target for me personally. With all the commotion right now, I haven''t had any me time and it shows!! I haven''t made a proper meal since Saturday and haven''t worked out in well over a week. I slid into veg mode to relax after everything that''s been going on.

Sis''s wedding is Friday. I''ll be SOO happy when it''s over. I swear planning her wedding from the sidelines has taken more time and energy than planning my own wedding!

Yesterday we found out we''re having a girl! I was completely shocked because I was sure it was a boy. Everything looks good anatomically. There is an irregular heartbeat that we have to keep an eye on, but hopefully nothing to be too concerned about. I''ll have extra appointments and tests to monitor it for now. I''ll also have to find out if I have to modify my workouts (if I ever get the motivation to START them again...)

Hope you''re all doing well!!

Oh, shower is supposed to be in stock today. Washer and dryer are running great!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys and gals! Last night was weight work only for me. I had a great dinner with my mom. We made a lemon chicken stir fry with bell pepper and green onion and a lemon sauce and had that over rice and a side salad. MMMM. SO liked it as well. Tonight I''m hoping to do some cardio and weights again.

Rod - great to see you! Yesterday was dreary here too and blustery. I only groomed Bali and did in stall work b/c I knew he''d be flighty if I rode him.

Dee Gee - YES I lost an entire shoe size. I used to be a 7.5-8 I am now a 6.5-7!!!!

Marcy - I love my horses hehe

SS- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Shiney!!!

Deegee - that''s such great news that you''ve lost so much and been able to maintain it, even without exercise. Jealous.

Marcy - Sorry to hear about your mom and dad...I get that all the time too. My mom is filing for divorce after my wedding (weird) after 37 years of marriage (weirder!!!). It''s just so hurtful to hear them constantly bickering about nothing.

Dragonfly - your dinner sounds amazing. Dangit, now I want to eat again! Hehehe...

I stepped on the scale today and I hit the 172 mark! Woo Hoo! 2 more lbs to hit my latest 10lb goal and then I''ll officially be down 20. I need all the motivation, recipes and tips you all can give me!

Cj

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Tuesday!

Just wanted to check in. It''s snowing like crazy here. Hello spring?
33.gif
I had to run on the treadmill, but my stomach didn''t feel great before my run, which led to a less-than-great run today. Bleck
14.gif
Sometimes the stomach just doesn''t want to cooperate. Tonight we''re just eating some soup.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
24.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, just popping in quickly to offer my perspective on shoe size deegee. First, we''re all so proud of what you''ve done!!!!!!!!!! When I lost my weight, I had to replace every single article of clothing I owned. I had to have my ring resized twice. And yes, some of my shoes all of the sudden were too big. Not all of them, but I had to get rid of several pairs. This I realized after tripping on myself a couple of times........LOL I think if you''re not going to gain any of the weight back (please don''t), it''s unlikely your feet will get any bigger than they are right now. I don''t agree with your co-worker about waiting to get rid of things. If you have large clothes hanging in your closet, you give yourself license to fit back in them. Once clothes are too big, I say out they go. But back to shoes......I do think you might want to keep them until the wamer months are here as your feet might swell just a little.

OK........just got home from the gym, need to get something to eat and go back to work..........

Hey to everyone!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Just thought I''d pop in and try and update on this thread :)
Just keeping things healthy, working out from 40 minutes to 90 minutes 6 days a week. Drinkin nothin but water, eating nothin but healthy food, watching carbs and calories, etc. DH and I are keeping each other motivated and so far it has been great
1.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Howdy ho everyone!!!

It SNOWED the first day of Spring in Chicago. That was Saturday. We went to dim sum, and 1/3rd of our group bailed last min. Boo!! Sucky. But we still had a really good time. I watched Alice in the Wonderland with my sis and her boyfriend and had sushi for dinner. :) Yum yum!!! The movie was quite good, we watched it in 3D, pretty darn cool. Sunday was our race. It was MUDDY in the park area, but the course was on pavement. I ran my best time, 48:15, but kinda disappointed. I told James I want to qual for a start corral next year, so I need to hit a 44:00 or better. I also decided that I''m going to run the marathon with my sister
23.gif

Today I was a total nerd and was tracking down if Verizon was getting the Nexus One or some kind of new Andriod phone. But I''m going to unplug from until this weekend. Tomorrow Sis and I are going to a ballet, and then going out for dinner :)

Me time: I agree with panda, I like cooking. I''m trying to get into running more. PS is definitely me time. Some TV watching, but it''s usually just limited to an hour or two hours a week. I don''t like watching too much TV.

Marcy, GREAT weekly starter my dear! Hope your evening is going better today.

Apple, Bummer your weather has been kinda sucky, I''m glad it got better. Go you on the "we" time. James and I were doing date nights, but we'' kinda fell off the wagon on that one. You''re inspiring me to pick that back up again. Eats sound fantastic :) Hope your dinner with BFF was fun.

Beach, thanks for the shout out. The race was pretty good. Your run sounded fantastic. Go you for the work from home thing. Fantastic. I haven''t tried that yet.

Panda, Good for you for having a relaxing weeekend. Your eats have been sounding reat. :) I love pilates, hope you enjoy it.

Pinki, Rock the invites!! Yay!! Congrats for getting so much done :) You eats sound great. Aw, you''re so great to make banana bread for Kyle.

Sharon, fantastic workout :) Yay spring indeed. But i admit I''m getting impatient for summer....

Dragon, I"m glad things are getting better for you. Hugs friend.

Bella, awesome the hubs is going to be your workout buddy. It makes working out more fun.

Maevie, feel better friend

Rod, So glad you''re still checking in :) Your dinner sounds delish. :) Mmmm.. Homemade crabcakes. I love crab :) Did you pan fry it or bake it? Mmm :)

Deegee, what an accomplishment! I hope work dials back a little bit for you. Hooray your doc cleared you for light weights. Hope your shoes and wardrobe get sorted out. It''s a nice treat to get new clothes etc. Hope it''s not too pricey for you.

Shiny, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! A beautiful girl, so wonderful. :) Congrats on your sis''s wedding. It can be quite a headache, soon it''ll be all over.

~Lisa, out :)

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

marcy - sorry your parents got in a fight. I hope everything is okay. It's good that you got something constructive done though! I had my rings sized last month, but they're still too big. If they don't drive me crazy with the spinning, I'm going to wait for a few months to have them sized again.

Thanks bella!

Shiny - how exciting that you're having a girl!! Congrats, and I hope everything continues to go well. Have a great time at your sister's wedding. Are you feeling any better about the bridesmaid dress?

dragon - your dinner sounds yummy. The foot thing really confuses me. I can understand having to have my rings sized, but I'm really confused about losing a shoe size. My sister accused me of trying to pull one over on my husband, telling him I need all new shoes.

pinki - sorry about your parents. Woo-hoo for nearing your latest 10 pound goal! When I was losing, I set 10 pound goals too, and it was such an awesome feeling each time I reached one. I had a really strong idea in my mind of where I wanted to be weight-wise, and it became my anchor and kept me motivated. I kept the saying "Don't trade what you want most for what you want at the moment" above my monitor at work. It actually helped keep me from eating bad things sometimes!

Hi BeachRunner! I hope you're feeling better.

Thanks for chiming in, Rod. I feel so guilty because I have had to replace everything so far. I hit my goal weight right around the time I could shop from clearance racks for winter clothes, but now I have nothing for spring & summer. And now I'm realizing I need all new shoes too. Argh! You make a good point about feet swelling. I think I'll hold on to a few pairs, but some of them are so big that they flip flop. Like you, I have a bad back so I've always bought good quality shoes. I'm sad that they no longer fit! I'm glad you got to go to the gym tonight.

Hi Lisa! We haven't had snow in 3 whole weeks. Woo-hoo! We would have been in trouble if the temperature had been colder because we've had so much rain. I'd kind of like to see the Alice in Wonderland movie, but the book is so strange. Was it hard to follow?

I got home a little earlier tonight, so we ate at a decent hour (chicken & veggies) and then took a 3-mile walk. I finally carved out some time today to call applicants to schedule interviews, but mostly had to leave messages. My schedule is so packed that I can't get anyone in for 2 weeks, and I'm afraid people will accept other offers by then! I'm going to need a lot of luck to get these positions filled with the salaries I'm allowed to offer. Oh well - Have a great day tomorrow everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif
I need to get to bed here I am. My parents are fine today. They just bicker at each other - I guess that is what happens when you live together for 62 years, eh?

I just ordered a new pink Sony camera. Woo hoo! I am so excited.

I was horrid at lunch today - some girls talked me in to going to a pizza buffet and I ate way too much but I just had a piece of toast for supper. The weather is too nasty to walk so I paced the house again tonight.

We got about 6 inches of snow. It melted today but it will be very icy in the morning.

Hi Bella.

Somethingshiny, planning a wedding is a lot of work so I am sure you’ll have more me time after the wedding.I hate to hear about the baby’s heartbeat but I am sure they will keep a very close eye on it.Woo hoo for a girl.

Dragonfly, how nice to have dinner with your mom.

Pinki, I am so excited to hear you are closing in on your goal.Congratulations.

36.gif
I am sorry to hear your parents are getting divorced after 37 years.That will be tough on all of you.

Beach Runner, I think you guys are getting more snow that we are.I hope your stomach feels better.

Rod, I so agree it’s not a good idea to keep clothes around that are too big for you.

Smurfyimproved, sounds like you are doing great.

Lisa, congratulations for your best time ever on a race.

36.gif
Good luck striving for an even better time.Glad to hear you have some me time.It is so important.

Deegee, the nice thing about rings spinning is it is an excuse to look at them.
9.gif
My mom seemed fine tonight so I am sure they just had a bad day yesterday.That is great you got home at a decent time today.

Well, I must get to bed. I did not sleep enough last night and it''s past my bedtime now. I spent much time tonight researching info and prices on my new camera so that was fun.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to the gym after work yesterday since I had a lunch meeting. I did a strength cardio combo, since I missed TBT on Monday I needed something similar to make up for it. Today I''m planning for a walk/jog or walk after work, although it might rain (although not supposed to until overnight), so if that happens my plan B will be the new Jillilan yoga video.

Also our cafeterias at work have tried to start including more heart healthy items so when I don''t bring my lunch I try for the heart healthy items. Yesterday I was at another location they had a very yummy heart healthy cranberry Glazed Pork Loin with Walnut Barley Pilaf and Sage and Roasted Spaghetti Squash. It was very yummy.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
So...DH hasn''t actually done the Shred yet--we''ve both had rough weeks with work/class, but we''re going on a 10 day vacation, leaving Friday morning, and I''m bring the shred with us
27.gif

I''ve been eating much better which is great, and am shoehorned into a pair of jeans which is a step up from last week when they were too uncomfortable to even do that...argh. It''s like the last 5 lbs I gained jsut popped me out of all my clothes...my goal is to drop those first 5 lbs on vacation, and then keep going at a reasonable rate when we get back home.

Sunday I made a ton of chicken salad for a potluck at our church, keep all the dark meat to use in dinners for DH, and made a pot of stock, so that was great...then I made this great recipe from Smitten Kitchen for roasted potatos with Romanesco (sp?) sauce. YUM! we had that with a salad for dinner and then lunch the next day.

Today is leftover vegetarian paella from goign out to dinner with friends last night and brk was strawberries with chobanyi yogurt.

I just have to figure out dinnerb/c I need to go to school and will have to pick something up on the way b/c we didn''t have anythign portable enough at home...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
HI all! Last night I got 40 mins on the elliptical. I think the residual back stuff seems to be related to sitting in chairs all day and it pinching off my nerves. Last night I made a steak stir fry with onion and tomato and we had it in tortillas... it was NOM NOM NOM good.
Today I''m going riding and tonight will be doing weights. Planning on salad for dinner for myself and SO is eating roast my grandma is making.

Smurfy - glad you finally jumped in here girl!!!

DeeGee - Our feet tend to be wider all around when we have more weight on... plus they swell more. That''s what you''re seeing is the natural slim down in your digits (just like your fingers shrink... your toes get slimmer too lol).

Rod - glad to see you!!! Hang in there!!

Lliang - I''m sorry you had snow on your first day of spring. I''m tired of this bouncy weather. Thanks for the hugs!!!!! Hugs back!!!

Hope all of you have a great day!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

Hump Day! Wow, this week is going quickly for me.

9.gif

I’d say we got close to 1ft of snow overnight. It was wet and heavy snow. Husband and I got woken up around 6am to a broken tree limb by the pool. My work had a 2hr delay, so when I got to work around 9:30 the roads were clear but no one came in today. I totally would have worked from home but it was my turn on the phones. So, put on the Uggs and headed to work.

Today I’ll do a speed run; warm up for 10 min, 20 min hard run, and 10 min cool down. On the treadmill of course, which really, I don’t mind because it’s easier to really push yourself and keep a good pace.

To all the shrinking feet peeps, that’s crazy! I never really thought about it, but it makes complete sense. I do understand though, even though I never lost a lot of weight, going down a size made me buy new pants, tops, and bras.

Thanks for checking in Rod! Glad all is well!

1.gif

Welcome Smurfy! I read about your weight loss elsewhere. Congrats, and keep up the awesome work!

36.gif

Lisa- Awesome job! You sound just like me, 10min/mile pace. I’ve only ever raced in 5k’s and I think my best time was around 24min. But, my time/distance have a positive correlation, obv. Congrats on deciding to conquer the marathon! When and which one are you doing? My half is mid May and after it, I’ll take a couple weeks off and probably train starting June 1 for a marathon in October. I’m SO glad you decided to go for it! We can be each other’s motivation! The thought is still scary as hell.

32.gif

Deegee- Thanks for the well wishes. Eh, running takes a toll on your digestion at times. I think everyone will have a “bad run” once in awhile. Chicken and veggies sounds good. My fav is tofu, rice, and veggies. Good luck with getting those positions filled.

Marcy- My parents are divorced, but my grandparents are the cutest. They argue/bicker every 5 min or so. Too funny.

Apple- Your workouts sound great! And your eats! Nom nom

18.gif

Bella- Taking your workout videos on vacation? Whaaa?

6.gif
Awesome job for the dedication! I always gain weight on vacations. But, now I’m starting to plan our vacations around races I want to do. Husband won’t mind I’m sure; they are all coastal races that are amazingly beautiful!

SS- Congrats on the GIRL! That’s super exicting!

36.gif
Have fun with the wedding festivities!

Maevie- I hope you aren’t coming down with that nasty bug. Can you teleport one of those brownies to me, like right now?
2.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
aahhhhhh double post!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Tonight is the ab ripper dvd (along with shoulders and back). I've never mentioned it but I hate ab ripper...until the next day when I can feel the muscles it worked, then I love it....but as of right this moment....hate it!

I'm positive the thing about the feet getting bigger is true. Just a couple years ago I wore a size 6, now I'm a size 8
6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results