shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 8th Sept till 14th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Well I was still super sore last night at softball, but I promised I wouldn''t work out my legs tonight so I''ll be OK for the game tomorrow! I could barely bend down to pick up a ball, and don''t even get me started on trying to run!

I''m going to the gym after work today, but will focus on cardio, arms, and core to let my legs relax for awhile. Tomorrow I have a softball game and then will be out of town all weekend. I''m hoping my 30 Day Shred DVD comes so I can do something on Sunday if I have time. I will be meeting with my trainer every Monday, and I can''t believe how much I''m looking forward to it!

Thanks so much for all of your support so far. Its been going really well... but I know this is just the beginning!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I can''t keep up with y''all this week! LOL.

Skippy- I''m glad the lambic worked out for you! I love that stuff!

And not to worry all - I drank half a vineyard for you.
2.gif

This is my last week on this crazy 4 day work week. Praise the lord I''ll have time to breathe next week. All you people and your working out inspire me - I''m going to get back on it next week!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
goingcrazy,

sorry you are so sore. do try to get some cardio in, walking, jogging, ellipitcal something, take deep breaths the oxygen is supposed to help.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
UGH, I feel like the living dead right now
14.gif
WORST. WORK. WEEK. EVER. I''ve gotten a grand total of about 7 hours of sleep the last several days and have been working like a dog. Was too tired to make it to the gym last night. We did go for fish tacos. However, I was about a good as I could be... I had a grilled chicken salad and took ONE big bite of my sweetie''s fish taco, just to have a taste.

Sorry for the quick flyby. Hope everyone''s doing well! More later...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

35.gif
gangaronni!

Had a nice brisk run this morning--just enough chill to barely see your breath....lovely and sunny tho.... Enjoyed my porrage (sp) and super lean bacon!

in health--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday all!

Did 65 mins on the elliptical this morning. One of my friends had a baby last night so I'm going to walk over to the hospital and back this afternoon; I think it's about 1.5 miles each way (maybe a little more). The HH is still gone for two more days so maybe I will stop on the way home and get a salad from Wildfire or something.

Yesterday morning in the rush to get out the door (cleaning lady waking me up with her 7 am arrival, dogs going crazy, etc.) I forgot to weigh myself, but this morning I am down what I *think* is about 10 pounds now. (Unfortunately I didn't pick an exact moment in time to start this new adventure so I'm working from kind of an arbitrary weight... )

Last night I was really hungry though. I ended up having some grapes and then a piece of whole wheat toast with margarine right before I went to bed. I was just sure I could feel it creeping on to my thighs all night long LOL.

Gotta bolt and do a bunch of client stuff. Be back later!

ETA: ***ROD*** I sent you an email but it bounced back so I tried again from my Blackberry. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
marcy, I wish 10 was enough for me
11.gif

Dee*jay, you are too funny!

Skippy, she is as cute as ever.

Not much new with me. Just trying to watch what I eat. All about the small changes right?
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2008 3:36:30 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
marcy, I wish 10 was enough for me
11.gif

Dee*jay, you are too funny!

Skippy, she is as cute as ever.

Not much new with me. Just trying to watch what I eat. All about the small changes right?
1.gif
Absolutely!

I made a new discovery gang, chocolate Malto Wheat. I make it with milk and Equal, you get a lot of 'pudding' for not many calories, it is quite well flavoured and does help a chocolate craving when you are also hungry. I serving is 130 cals, then whatever the milk is on top, so this will be very handy to have around!

Rod, here are the emoties and instructions on how to use them! BTW I just watched some more dah dah daaahs....while I was treddying!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emoticons-for-us.93667/

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey there Kids! I feel like a dork typing the same thing, but I will be walking with my cousin tonight! We haven't walked together since Sat or Sunday, of course it will be fun to catch with her.

Rod, If you need help w/the emoties I can help. hehe
2.gif
I am sorry your day was long, hugs, and hope your day is less long today!

Thing2of2, it is so good to see you, I missed you! I never heard of that class, what do you do in there? Woo hoo for soccer, one of my good friends played college soccer, soccer girls are in great shape!!! Awesome!

Marcy, love the emoticons! hehe yay for almost losing it, you lose fast!!!

Goingcrazy, yay for being sore, great workout for sure, and enjoy your workout tonight!

Tacori, glad she is so sweet! She looks darling! heehe Has it cooled off out there?

Geckodani, we have a peach lambic in the fridge, the raspberry was delicious! I can't wait to try the peach, it is once a weekend treat; I can't go too crazy. heehe I wish it had the nutrition info on the back but I count a glass as 3 pts, it might be more?!?! Do you work 10 hr days? You sound busy!

Panda, gosh, everyone is super busy this week! I am sorry you are working so hard and not sleeping. Huge hugs, honey! I love your pendant!

Sharon, wow, that is cold! yay for being healthy!

Dee*JAY yay for the walk and workout, you super woman you and yay for being down 10 lbs! Awesome!!!!

SDL, sorry it was slow. You will do awesome, I believe it!!!! you rock woman! hugs! Yay for walking 7 mis!

Hi Lorelei and SS!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Skippy- It should be the same as normal beer points wise.
9.gif

I work 7:30 - 6:00 Tue - Friday.
14.gif
It makes for killer long days, and by the time I get home and feed us it''s practically time to sleep. I thought it would be great having a perpetual 3 day weekend - but I lose the ENTIRE day.
7.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, gang. Today I got up and ran/walked since Adam was home until lunch today. It was nice to vary my routine a little. I have been running the full 3 miles, but at a very slow pace. Today I ran faster, then walked to recover a bit, then ran and repeated that the whole way. Tomorrow I will do another long, slow run. Eating has been pretty good today (except for eating one of Andrew''s rice krispy treats!) Tonight will be pork tenderloin, brown rice and green beans with toasted almonds. Everyone have a great night!

Goingcrazy, hope you are not too sore still!

Vizsla, glad you had fun with your girlfriends and yea for the half marathon in Miami. That will be fun! Wish I was in good enough shape to join you, it''s only about 3 hours or so from me.

Fiery, glad you liked your dvd

Kimberly, I might have to try the barley. I would be all for it, just not sure how my boys will feel with me replacing their rice.

Gecko, no worries about your wine and carbs over the weekend. Just get back on your program during the week and splurge a little on the weekends.

Panda, your dinner sounds great. We love wasabi anything!

Apple, is your chile tortilla wrap really spicy? I''ve never seen that flavor. I do love spinach and sun dried tomato tortillas.

Skippy, thanks for the link to the article.

Tacori, don''t beat yourself up about the Wendy''s and the movies. We all deserve to splurge sometimes. As long as you eat well the majority of the time, no need to deprive yourself if you are really craving something.

DeeJay, hmmm that sounds a little suspicious about your trainer trying to sell you lots of vitamins on your first talk. Hopefully she will give you some more helpful feedback when you meet with her on Friday.

Marcy, I knew you would drop that weight fast. I''m sure it is mostly water weight.

SS, glad you got some alone time to do yoga. I feel the same way...I am a better mother/wife if I am taking care of myself too.

Rod, sounds like work is keeping you extremely busy. Hope you can find some down time to just relax a bit.

Thing2, welcome back!

Sharon, it sounds cold where you are. I wish it would cool off here. I went for a run this morning and it was already in the 80s.

SDL, haha the Mrs. Kravitz comment reminded me of our old neighbor. I used to call her that because she was always spying on everyone in the neighborhood. I would see he looking out her window all the time so that is what we nicknamed her. Haha. Hope you get some rest on your day off tomorrow.

Lorelei, is it like a chocolate shake? Sounds good. I need something healthy whenever I get a craving for chocolate (which is often!)

Hello to anyone else I might have missed! Keep up the good work, gang!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
steph,

its really not spicy at all. Every year Central Market (gourmet grocery store in Texas) has a hatch chile festival and get tons and tons of hatch chiles and make everything from hatch chile tortillas to hatch chile stuff pork chops, pork tenderloin, sausage, hamburger patties, you name it, they even have a cookbook.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hi, all!

I was able to yoga again today! Wahoo!! Unfortunately for me, in was another crazy-impossible-balance-on-your-elbows thing again. But, I did the rest of it. JT joined me for the warmup. It''s so funny to watch him do the poses. He still has the giant head in proportion to his body, and when he does the downdog stuff, it looks like he''s going to topple.

Anyway, I''m trying Panda''s Chops and Tomatoes. I have no ink in my printer so I had to write it all down to take to the kitchen. It''s so funny how years of typing makes your handwriting look like you just started pre-school!!

SDL~ I''m with you on the Madonna thing! My friend and I were just talking about that 2 nights ago. I think a lady should LOOK like a lady. But, I have over a hundred pounds before I have to worry about resembling Madonna in ANY way!! She''s so icky!

Rod~ Even after reading about your workouts and how long they are for several months, it still makes me cringe!! You''re the man!

Thing~ I didn''t know you play soccer. I never have myself, but I have a cousin who''s in several leagues. She looks great but she''s always injured! So, I hope you stay safe!!

Marcy~ You''re still my hero, you know that right??

Going Crazy~ I''m sorry I haven''t welcomed you yet! It sounds like you''re really motivated and have a great fitness plan. Good Luck!

geckodani~ Yay for breathing room!

Panda~ Sorry your week was so bad. Hope it gets better soon! You did great limiting your tacos!

DeeJay~ Yay for a new baby!! Yay for 10 lbs down! btw- I don''t think grapes count....

Skippy~ I feel like a dork, too, when I write the SAME workout over and over. Most of the HLTers are doing WAY more than I do, time wise and variations! But, it doesn''t sound like you''re a dork when I read yours, so maybe it doesn''t sound like I''m a dork either....

Hi, Canuk, Tacori, Lorelei!

Have a great tomorrow!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

I worked today, then J and I went and signed up for the Y, I didn''t bring my exercise clothes with me, how dumb, so I came home and used my elliptical. I only did 30 minutes, but I have done something every day this week, so I''m okay with the short time.

Skip and SS, don''t be silly. The two of you are awesome exercisers! Never feel funny about your posts, they are so valuable.

Vis, I just went back through the week and saw you''ve commited do running a 1/2 marathon, what a champion. Glad you had fun with your girlfriends.

Steph, here''s a link to the barley recipe DH and I both liked. I left out the veal, chicken was more than enough meat for us. http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1662911

Rod, so sorry you''re wiped.

J is making fish for dinner, yum. Have a great evening, all.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
I went and worked out today after work... after 30 minutes on the treadmill my legs loosened up and weren''t so sore. I then did some core and arm exercises too! I promised my coworkers that I wouldn''t work out my legs today so I

''ll be ready to play in our softball game tomorrow, so hopefully they won''t be TOO sore! I''ll definitly have to stretch and loosen them up before we play!

I ate well today too! 90 calorie granol bar for bfast, chicken noodle soup for lunch, and a grilled chicken sandwich on wheat with NO cheese or mayo for dinner!

Tomorrow I can''t go to the gym because of my softball game. I did get my 30day Shred DVD today in the mail, so if I don''t think softball worked me out enough- I might attempt that for the first time tomorrow. Especially since I won''t have time to do anything this weekend!

Great job to everyone working out and eating right- you are all an inspiration to me! I know my tough part will just be sticking with it and not making excuses!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from my walk with my cousin; the kids went with us on their bikes with there friends. Hubby and I had boca burgers for dinner and a salad. Boy is it getting dark quick!!! Hope everyone has a fab evening!
1.gif

Gecko, wow, those are long days, well I hope they go quickly! Thanks, hehe, I was wondering about points.

Steph, great job on the run/walks!! Nice that Adam came for lunch! Rice Krispy treats aren''t bad, they are like 120 calories or something like that. Yum your dinner sounds good!

Apple, hi there!

Somethingshiny, I enjoy reading your posts, friend! Thanks for your sweet words! LOL, I love that JT does yoga with, that is too cute!

KIMI, thanks, you are so sweet! Yay for a workout, the elliptical is hard!

GoingCrazy, great job on the treadmill and core!! Enjoy your softball game, hope you win!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just thought I''d let y''all know, Panda''s chop rub is awesome!! If you haven''t seen the recipe yet, you should scoot on over to the recipe thread. JT even ate it!! (ie: the pickiest kid on the planet)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hi, again.......don''t know why I''m coming up anonymous....help.....somethingshiny

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somethingshiny, oooh, yum, that sounds good!!! Hit Report Concern on the bottom right hand corner and let them know.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, so I might have made a strategic mistake the other day at the grocery store. In looking for other forms of easy protein I picked up two cans of almonds (one just regular roasted and one smokey flavor and salted; I figured the smokey/salty ones were "too much" by themselves, but if I mixed them with the plain ones they would all be good). So I did my magic mixing (it involved several pourings back and forth from one can to another, much shaking, and then a bit of a dance around the kitchen just for good measure) and put them in the pantry. Well, the problem is I know they're in there... And they know I'm out here... and they call to me...
39.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......this has to be a quck flyby.........It was another incredibly long day at work. I didn''t leave the office till after 6:30 PM.....UGH! Charlie had baked some chicken thighs and steamed some nice fresh veggies.....YUMM. We slipped out for a quick cup of decaf, then it was back to work for me. It''s now 11 PM and again, I''m wiped and need to get some sleep.

Tomorrow night will be a gym night, so I''ll have to use another flyby chip again!!

Sorry for not being able to say hey to everyone personally.

Thanks for the emoticons Lorelei and yes Skippy, I''ll probably take you up on your offer to help me load them.

Your ''uber'' tired friend........Rod

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay~ Too funny! I have a cake mix that''s doing the same thing. And, I didn''t even do the foreplay with it!!!
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I wandered the halls at school again tonight to get in some extra walking. I was thinking back to last year at this time and was so pleased realizing I can walk so much more this year.
I was feeling kind of sappy today mostly because every time I reach a big milestone I get a little overwhelmed. The 2 years I’ve been on this journey seems like a blink and it wasn’t really hard. One of the teams I am on at sparkpeople is made up of those who have lost over 100 pounds. Many of them are slipping back to old habits, old ways and have regained some or a lot of weight. Here many of you do so well on maintenance and that helps me realize it is possible and that many people succeed. It’s not that I am worried this isn’t a lifetime commitment for me but I know I am beating the odds and that makes me pause to think why I am succeeding where so many people fail. I know it’s all about my mindset but some days I think about it.
GoingCrazy,kick butt at the game tomorrow.
paddle.gif
I am glad you aren’t as sore tonight. I hope you enjoy your new DVD.
Geckodani, that’s quite a bit of wine.
snicker.gif

Hi Appletini.
Panda, I hope you get some sleep tonight.
sleepy.gif

Sharon, that is a great way to start the day with a brisk walk.
DeeJay, congratulations for being down 10 pounds.
cheerleader1.gif

SanDiegoLady, that is wonderful you are close to finishing your training. That is awesome someone asked if you’ve lost weight.
hi501.gif

Tacori, it is all about small changes and one step at a time.
Lorelei, the chocolate malto wheat sounds interesting. I had a ww chocolate ice cream bar when I got home from school.
Skippy, glad you got the chance to catch up with your cousin while taking a walk. It’s funny you think I lose fast; I think it has come to almost a crawl. Oh well, I will take anything I can get.
Steph, that is wonderful to get in 3 miles or walking and running this morning. That’s a great way to start your day.
Somethingshiny, I bet JT is really fun to watch do yoga. Thank you so much for saying I am your hero. I appreciate it.
thankyou.gif

Kimi, darn the luck anyway forgetting to take your workout clothes to the Y. That’s great you got in some exercise at home.
Rod, sleep well tonight after your long day.
sleepy.gif

Take care!
Marcy

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
sorry, I''m taking up space to see if I''m coming up as ME yet...

Have a great day!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2008 11:12:16 PM
Author: somethingshiny
DeeJay~ Too funny! I have a cake mix that's doing the same thing. And, I didn't even do the foreplay with it!!!
9.gif
LOL!

Just back from a dreadmill/weight circuit at the gym. I have GOT to figure out what time the damn Price is Right is on so I can avoid it!

Today my mission is to buy a pair of "hip" jeans. The ones I have right now that fit me are (a) from Talbots (so as you can imagine, these are about the most UN-hip jeans on the planet) and (b) getting too big anyway. I do have some Ralph Laurens in my closet that might fit me again now that I think about it, so I suppose I should try them on before I go in search of new ones...

The scale gave me another pound this morning so I'm VERY curious to see what the dietician says tomorow becuase this 1200/1300 cals/day seems to be working well for me lately.

Be back later!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crisis averted! I have not one but TWO pairs of jeans that fit me (one is an 8 and the other is a 12 ??? apparently Polo and Gap size differently -- keep in mind the pair that is too big right now is a 10... ). Shopping trip abandoned! (Dee heads off to nap on the couch...
9.gif
)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am back from my weigh in at WW, boo, I only lost 1/2 lb, but I can't really complain. Hopefully next week I will do better, the fun thing is that I won a cookbook at Weight Watchers today, so I am making a meatloaf from the cookbook tonight! hehe
3.gif

Well on the sort of good news front, I went to the grocery store and had my hands full and realized my pants were falling off LOL and had no hands to try to pull them up
6.gif
!!! hehe Time to go buy some pants like DeeJay!!!
face20.gif
I am going to do one of my muscle dvd's where I will be doing uper body and core!
9.gif
Hope everyone is having a great day. Hugs to all!!!

DEEJAY ~ you are funny mixing the almonds and they are calling your name. I buy almonds because they don't call my name, cashews and pastachios call my name! hehe Glad you got smaller jeans!!! wooo hooo!

ROD ~ Sorry it was such a long day, tomorrow and then the weekend, yay! Okay, I am happy to help my pal anytime; I just heart you! hehe

SDL ~ how are you honey? Thanks for the recipes. Poo, too no fage!

MARCY~ that is fast, one week! Great job!!!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!

My hellish work week is finally over... sort of. I turned in my last assignment for the week this morning and I left the office early, as I am so spent from lack of sleep. If only it was Friday today so I don't have to go back tomorrow. I've been incredibly crabby all week and I just inhaled a bag full of fries for lunch
15.gif
Tacori, I know you can sympathize with me! I was pretty good most of the week and just broke down from being tired, cranky and stressed. I eat so much better when I'm regularly working out. I can't wait to get back on a normal schedule.

SS, I'm glad you and JT enjoyed the pork chops! That is one of my fave recipes. So tasty and incredibly easy. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you in time for your question re yellow tomatoes for roasting. I've never tried that. How did yours turn out? I tried to edit the post to say that you should season liberally or they will be bland but for some reason, the system wouldn't let me. I think it's good for a quicky side but it's not my fave tomato side dish. I have another one that's better but I have to find it. I think the coleslaw goes best with the chops... something cool to balance the spice.

Rod, you are da man! You have a busy day and still manage to work out for 2.5 hours! I suck in comparison, I could barely stay awake this week, much less go to the gym!

Welcome back, T2of2!

Hi Marcy! YAY for dropping that weight from the weekend. I love how you're using the emoties in your posts! I am SO impressed and proud of you for staying on track for two years. That's an incredible accomplishment, one I haven't been able to do. I know you can keep it up!

GC29, I'm glad it's been going really well for you! You sound like you're doing all the right things.

Geckodani, hope you can come up for a breather soon!

Dee*Jay, I admire your dedication to your 65 min. elliptical workouts. Almonds are good for you! It's just that you have to be careful not to eat a ton in one sitting. I buy these pre-portioned packages at Trader Joe's that help keep me from chowing down. Yay for jeans that fit! I'm still waiting for that day...

SDL, I'm glad you were able to find the motivation to get out and walk. Isn't it great when someone asks if you've lost weight?

Skippy, don't feel like a dork for typing the same thing. That means you're sticking to your routine! YAY for another 1/2 pound gone and for really loose pants!
36.gif
36.gif
I have a friend who made the WW meatloaf when I went over for dinner one night. It's delish! Thanks for the compliment on my new necklace. I missed the delivery guy this morning but am picking it up tonight!
1.gif

Steph, your pork tenderloin dinner sounds tasty! Running 3 miles, even at a slow pace, is darn good in my book!

Kim, YAY for signing up for the Y.

Hope everyone's doing well!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. I did my 3 miles again today. I ran most of it, but walked a little bit here and there. Anyway, I have a question. Am I the only one that is super hungry when working out more? I cannot seem to get full lately. I just added in my calories to sparkpeople and I had 1847 cals today! I am supposed to be in the 1250-1550 range to lose, but I have just been so hungry! It seems like everytime I step up my workouts that happens. Any suggestions to combat this? I did try to make healthy choices like almonds and string cheese, but the calories still add up.

Appletini, the chili tortillas sound really good. I tried to find something like that at my grocery store, but the closest I could find was jalapeno cheddar which still should be yummy for wraps...I love spicy stuff!

Somethingshiny, glad you got some yoga time in again!

Kimberly, good for you for signing up at the Y. We have thought about doing that since Andrew plays soccer through them and we would get a discount for signing up. Let us know how you are liking it!

Goingcrazy, great job on your workout and eating well!

DeeJay, yea for needing smaller jeans!!

Rod, hope you had a great workout tonight!

Marcy, you are doing so well. You are so motivated that I don''t think slipping back into old habits will be a problem for you. You realize how much better your life is now, so I don''t think you would let yourself go back to the old you.

SDL, sorry you couldn''t find Fage at your store. Hopefully they will restock soon for you!

Skippy, yea for another 1/2 lb. and awesome you need smaller pants. Great job!

Panda, sorry your work is so stressful right now. Hopefully things will calm down for you soon.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/11/2008 5:53:32 PM
Author: steph72276
Hey, guys. I did my 3 miles again today. I ran most of it, but walked a little bit here and there. Anyway, I have a question. Am I the only one that is super hungry when working out more? I cannot seem to get full lately. I just added in my calories to sparkpeople and I had 1847 cals today! I am supposed to be in the 1250-1550 range to lose, but I have just been so hungry! It seems like everytime I step up my workouts that happens. Any suggestions to combat this? I did try to make healthy choices like almonds and string cheese, but the calories still add up.

But ARE you losing anyway? What I mean is, are you eating more than 1250-1550 and still losing? Because (as I'm trying to pound into my own brain) these tools are just that -- tools -- but sometimes reality is different. Also, don't forget the "muscle weighs more than fat" thing. I have only lost about 12 lbs but I am definitely thinner. More so I think than if I had just lose 12 lbs of fat (of course I have no control group for that opinion, but I do think it's true).

And I am SO with you on things adding up though! I've been famished these past few days... and we all know what's in the pantry calling my name...
9.gif

Panda, the problem with those pre-portioned packages for me is that nothing stops me from opening another one...
3.gif

LOL Skippy on your pants falling off!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results