shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 3rd August till 9th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, it was either 98 or 99 today; I did walk this evening but the sun was going down so it helps. I can do hot weather as long as the sun is not beating directly on me. hehe I walked some and sprinted some, 3.5 miles.
3.gif
Hubby did about 1 mi w/me. I also did some watering out back tonight because the heat is drying out the flowers quick!

I did go visit my nephew at my parents house and he shouted, when I rang the doorbell "Skippy is here, yippee!" I think he likes me to come over because I can sit on the ground and build blocks w/him; too cute! His little laugh and happiness makes my day!!!
9.gif

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Yay lots of posts; nice to read everyones posts
9.gif
35.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------

DEGEE, fabulous for smaller clothes and wonderful compliments
36.gif
Great work! Yay for your hubby coming home and kudos on giving your clothes to charity! Totally Liberating!
36.gif

MARCY, yay for Marty being home tonight and for a month!!! so happy for you!
9.gif

TLH, I am watching SYTYCD because you said you like it, too funny the lady judge is screaming and happy for one great couple (Brandon and Jennine); it is pretty good and fun to watch! You are so dedicated and awesome w/your workouts, seriously!!! HUGE KUDOS for running and walking! Thinking good thoughts for you tomorrow

DIVA, oh I am so not use to humidity; I have family in the south and I melt when I go visit! hehe woo for the gym and your awesome run and uphill workout!! Sounds like you are in uber shape, yay you superwoman! Yum to what you ate!

DANIELLE, oh fun, I was in San Fran 2 weeks ago; I love the weather out there because it is in the 70's and beautiful! I wish I was there longer; you lucky duck going for 2 weeks; I am jealous!!! mmmm delicious brekkie! Have a great time w/your friend too!

ROD, yip 98 is hot but thank goodness w don't have humidity. hehe aw, I am so sorry about your leg; I will keep you in my prayers. it makes me sad to hear you hurt so much dear friend. huge hugs. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm to shrimp; I love love love shrimp and plan to eat lots of it when I go to FL in Oct. heheh Oh wonderful news on your brother, thank goodness! Prayers outgoing.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, how cute of your nephew. I am quite certain he adores you.

I wish Marty would get here; I am fading fast. If I fall asleep though I''ll have a hard time going back to sleep.
24.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Diva, your dress looks great!! Wow, wow, wow!!! Check it out in the BWW forum for those who are interested

Danielle, You rock it on the Sbux sandwiches. Saving money, better for you and still tasty. Can''t get better than that :) Do you and your hubby trade off on sandwich making duties. I''d totally make James, if he wasn''t absolutely useless in the kitchen... I can''t believe you put back the Garmin watch. I''m such a cave-er when it comes to stuff like that. I''m on the verge of buying a new Heart Rate Monitor if I don''t get a new chest strap from Suunto soon.

TLH, I''d never think you''re a crazy person. It''d be the pot calling the kettle black. Well, except for your 5AM runs. That''s just crazy. :) Ha ha. Just kidding, I totally see why, but i''m such a brat I''d just not run. I''m glad to hear your mom is doing better with the PT. Lots of dust floating to her. Good thing your doc is so comprehensive. I hope you find out some answers. Blech, your run sounded dreadful. Sorry it was so miserable. Do you ever cycle? I always found that really fun, and you can get quite a cardio workout with it.

Shiny, How''s the yoga?? the Namaste yoga is really great. I love it so much I used to DVR multple days and do them all at once. I totally am with you about getting that total calmness when doing yoga. I love that. And it can be a tough workout too! I *love* curry stuff. But James doesn''t. Booo! So I don''t get to make it as much anymore.
7.gif

Marcy, Woo hoo with the studs!!! Yay! I can''t wait to see them!

Rod, sending you lots of dust for the pain in your leg. I''m glad you''re making some progress. I''m glad you''re back to your workouts too. So happy to hear about your brother. Thoughts and prayers to your mom too.

Skippy, great job balancing your lunch and dinner :) Can''t say I''ve done that well all the time. Aw your nephew sounds so sweet!!! Awesome on your walk & sprints. It finally warmed up here but it''s staying cool in the evening so I''m with you :)

Degee, Awesome on all the compliments. You worked really hard so that''s awesome!!! 53 pair of pants! Wow! You''ve got some serious shopping to do! You better get cracking! See, I told Marcy taht I''m a bad influence. I am... Aw, such a cute story about you and your hubby. Congrats on being together for so long.

Diva, I would feel like your FI and totally lost at the gym if it wasn''t for my trainer. My trainer said you should doe 1:1 or 1:2 ratio of push lifts:pull lifts. Push lifts are stuff like bench presses, push ups, lunges with barbel weights, etc. Pull lifts would be dead lifts, lat pull downs, rows, etc. Anything that you''re pulling. Maybe you can make 2 "hats" and pull out some lifts/exercises for your FI to do.

Marcy, is Marty back from CA yet? sounds like your eats have been going really well. How''s the weather for you so far?

Yesterday did a 2 mile run-2 mile walk with the sis and the dog. It was supposed to be a 4 miler but sister turned in her ankel and we had to walk home. She came over and made dinner, grilled chicken breast, broccoli & grilled corn. Mmmm... Today I have another trainer session. We''re doing testimonials for him to add on his website. :)

Hope everyone has a good THurs :)

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 8:48:30 AM
Author: lliang_chi

Danielle, You rock it on the Sbux sandwiches. Saving money, better for you and still tasty. Can''t get better than that :) Do you and your hubby trade off on sandwich making duties. I''d totally make James, if he wasn''t absolutely useless in the kitchen... I can''t believe you put back the Garmin watch. I''m such a cave-er when it comes to stuff like that. I''m on the verge of buying a new Heart Rate Monitor if I don''t get a new chest strap from Suunto soon.
hahahahah, no, we don''t trade sandwich making duties. But to be fair, I''m only making sandwiches for MYSELF! We are on totally different schedules in the morning and he wakes up at the time that I''m going downstairs to grab food and go. So I make coffee for both of us, but his goes in a thermos and not a to go cup so it''s still hot by the time he drinks it. I am going to try to find a way to make him a sandwich that wouldn''t get totally ruined by the time he comes downstairs, but it probably won''t happen.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Diva- I wanted to start with you. OMG, you have a FABULOUS physique. Hello sexy lady! Your dress is fab-o, and it is only so great because it is on you. WOW! EXCELLENT CHOICE, it is really a very flattering gown!

deegee- that is an awesome surprise!!! I''m glad you get more time w/ the hubs! I''m so glad you got to walk Lily with him, and yes...I''m a bit jealous of the 60* weather!

Rod- I''m THRILLED about your bro''s terrific news! That is wonderful. I am keeping you, your mother and brother in my thoughts and wish them both the best of health. Just keep doin what you''re doin, and I hope you''ll get the next ticket off the pain train. The shrimp sounds delish, as does 4 days to relax! And I''ll definately bring my hydration belt with me next run!

marcy- mysterious ways... that is kinda cute! let your days light up your nights!
31.gif
Glad marty is home!!!

skippy- I loe that your nephew gets super excited when you come over! That is famous! I also like that your hubs did a mile with you! you are super awesome! I''m glad you watched SYTYCD, I love that show. I missed it last night because I was so stressed, I fell asleep at 7:30!

Lisa- sorry about your sis'' ankle. Hope it heals fast. Smart for you both to turn around and walk home... hopefully it will heal up in a few days. Dinner sounds yum! Glad you are super thrlled with your trainer! I wish I liked cycling... but it makes my lady bits go numb.
7.gif

danielle- glad you are making breakfast...e ven if you don''t make it for your hubs.
9.gif

Hello and Happy Thursday everyone!
35.gif

Well didn''t run this morning. Tried to sleep in. DANG BODY CLOCK. I don''t even know how to do that. I fasted and had my bloodwork done. Passed out filling the tubes. It was like I had donated blood. I was OUT for 5 minutes. Freaked out the nurses. when I came to I asked if I got a cookie or something.
16.gif
They gave me a lot of candy, and sent me off to pee in a cup. I thought I had already gone in my pants, because when I came to I was soaking wet. I must have just drenched my body in sweat... and I guess they covered my body in wet towels. I was all nervous and stressed out about the urogram... and turns out I have to go somewhere else for that.... bleh. Specifically shedule that test. BOO! I am hoping I won''t have to get one... and these tests will give the dr a clue what is going on. Other than that thigns are great. This weekend the hubs and I are doing a 5k on our Anniversary, and then going out for supper. So we''re excited about that. Gotta love the paper annie! I made him a book of all our races we''ve done together... so I hope he likes it. If not there''s a check inside that he can purchase some triathlon accessory that he wants... since I have no clue how to shop for that stuff.

"A hug is worth a thousand words. A friend is worth more." - Sent by Jasmine Fitzwilliam

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
hey all, I know... I''m a slacker
8.gif
anyone want to help me keep on the ball? I''m working out!!! Lol. I actually am registered for my first 5k and am working on getting registered for my first half marathon. YAY. How is everyone?!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Thursday all!

You guys are so awesome! Thank you for checking out my dress fitting thread! I''m still giddy from the fitting and can''t wait for the next one.

So today was technically my "Friday" at work because I''m off tomorrow. Going to go pick up my marriage license and pay a visit to the florist. As for today, it was pretty dull. FI didn''t want to go to the gym today because he''s a little achy so we''re going tomorrow.

deegee, glad for the rain break. Where I live, it rained 23 out of the 31 days in July. While I''m grateful for rain (that means no drought), it didn''t really feel like summer because it was always pouring outside. And I''m sure Lily will love a dry walk.

Rod, I''m so sorry to hear you were in so much pain yesterday. I hope you feel better today.

marcyc, I checked my listings and I don''t have FitTv anymore since switching cable providers.
7.gif
But that''s okay, I''ll just get myself a really good DVD. I know there were some recommendations made last week so I''m going to check them out. Loved the dinner I made a few night ago, but I think I got ahead of myself and made too much. I still have leftovers. As for muffins, I knew I forgot something! I''ve got to try apple!

Skippy, wow that''s hot! Waiting until dusk was definitely a good idea. I agree with your tolerance of hot weather. No beating down sun and no humidity and I can deal! But wow, 3.5 miles? That''s some serious exercise! Your nephew sounds adorable btw.

Hi liang! Thank you again for the compliments! I was thinking the same thing when I saw you in your dress! I really like your idea about 1:1 or 1:2 ratio. I just passed it on to FI and hopefully he''ll have a good time at the gym tomorrow. That way I''ll have a good time too. Sorry to hear about your sis'' ankle. I hope she''s feeling better.

Hey tlh! Thank you too for checking out my dress thread and the lovely compliments. You reminded me of why I was hitting the gym so often for the past 8 months. Interestingly enough, that wasn''t the first dress I picked. I actually picked something else, but realized I didn''t like it the next day and went back for that one. I''m sure glad I did! Wow, they really took a lot of blood from you to make you pass out like that. I would''ve asked for a cookie too. Or at least a slice of cake.
18.gif
. But I guess candy is a nice compromise. I can''t wait to hear about the 5K!

dragonfly, welcome! Working out is definitely a great start! When is the 5K you''re registered for?

Have a great night everyone!
35.gif

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Diva - Wow! You look gorgeous and your dress is absolutely beautiful! I love the way it''s made, and it will be even more amazing the next time you try it on. All your hard work in the gym has definitely paid off, and you''re going to wow everybody at your wedding! Yay!!!!! It seems like it rained here at least 23 days in July, but it probably didn''t. The headline on the front page of our newspaper today read "No Rain In The Forcast For Today!" It''s awfully cloudy outside though. Our back yard is so muddy and soppy, and the leaves are already starting to fall off the trees. Yikes!

Skippy - My hubby and I make the trip home to Kentucky every Sunday because we both need kid fixes! They make me feel so good!! My mom called every night to check on me while hubby was out of town this week, and my 7-year old niece grabbed the phone one night and said "Good night, Aunt Dee. I love you." My heart melted. A few weekends ago, my 3 nieces (17, 10 & 7) came to stay for a girls weekend. We had a blast! They love to raid my closet for hand-me-down purses, and the 17 year old hints for shoes.

lliang - I''m seriously down to 6 pairs of pants, and I bought those last week. After work tomorrow, I have one new pair for next week and then it''s repeats! I have 4 pairs of jeans I found in my closet that I couldn''t bear to get rid of when I started gaining weight, but we''re forbidden to wear jeans to work. Booger. I want to get down one more size, so I don''t want to buy much right now. I have had 3 co-workers ask if they could buy my 53 pairs of pants. I think it''s hilarious that word got around! I won''t sell them, but I think I''ll bring them and let them pick out whatever they want and donate the rest. I hope your sis''s ankle isn''t hurt too bad. I never could run, even when I was thin and fit. I always got a stitch in my side early on in my run and had to walk most of the way. Dinner sounds tasty.

marcy - Yay! Hubby''s home! Do you really get your hubby for a whole month? Mine has to leave again on Tuesday, but he''ll be back on Wednesday. He drops me off at work everyday, and we chatted the whole way in this morning. I''m so tempted to order some earrings since you ordered yours! I have nowhere near the jewelry collection you have. Lucky lady! I told my hubby that I''ve been jewelry deprived all these years and that I need to get cracking to catch up with everybody else!

rod - sorry your leg hurts so much. A few months after I herniated the disk, my doctor gave me a pamphlet that had a picture of Big Ben on the front with the words "It takes time . . ." I hung it up at work and tried not to get too frustrated. Can you point your toe? I lost that ability and my doctor told me I''d probably never be able to do that again, but I showed him! It may have taken a while, but dang it, I can point that toe!!!! I hope you feel better.

tlh - be kind to your momma. I have had lots of injuries and broken bones over the years, but my broken elbow and wrist made me feel so helpless. My poor hubby had to help me pull up my pants, put on socks & shoes, wash my hair, and lots of other things I''d rather do myself. PT was no fun either. You seriously passed out? Wow. I hope they got all the blood they needed so you won''t have to go through that again. I don''t mind 60 degree weather, I''m just so very tired of rain. Hmmm-I wonder if my hair would go straight in a hot, non-humid place. And I think my body clock went on the fritz years ago because I have no problems whatsoever sleeping in. My problem is getting my rear out of bed!

Hi Danielle! Hi dragonfly!

I was up a pound at weigh-in today, but I always am up a little one weigh-in a month. I have 3 weeks of down, and one week of up a little. I''m not going to let it get me down, because I know that next week I''ll have a good loss and then level out the next 2 weeks and then be up a little again. Oh well - I guess it evens out in the end. I had a ton of points left over so I got a hot fudge sundae on the way home from work. It tasted soooo good!!! And the main thing is that I can wear all the smaller jeans in my closet that I couldn''t part with when I started gaining weight. That alone will keep me from getting frustrated.

Have a great Friday, everybody!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends; I am back from a 65 min walk with my cousin. It rained this evening so it was nice and cool when we walked.
emthup.gif
hehe
Today I went to Trader Joes and they had these chicken potstickers that are 250 calories a serving so I bought them and made them w/steamed fresh veggies and they were pretty good! Hubby liked them too. Now I am just eating a bowl of cherries for dessert; I love fresh summer fruit!
3.gif

Hope everyone has a great evening!!
35.gif

MARCY, thanks friend about my nephew. Hope you stayed awake to see Marty!

LISA, thanks about my nephew. YAY for an awesome run. Oh no, your poor sister; I hope she is okay. Aw, that is sweet to do the testimonials.

TLH, aw, huge hugs; blood work and all those tests can be stressful. hehe to wanting cookies, you are a doll!
36.gif
yay for a run on your anni, you two are the super couple! aw, tooooo cute, love that!!! thanks about my nephew. hehe

DRAGON, yay for your 5k coming up!

DIVA, I need to go see you dress thread; I looked but it wasn't up yet so I will go over now, yay! thanks about my nephew, he makes me happy. YAY for your Friday! woo! enjoy the gym tomorrow!

DEEGEE, aw, that is so cute about your nieces; aww, I wish I had a niece I could share clothes and stuff with. I bet they adore you!!! hehe to wanting your shoes; I bet you have a fab collection! Being up a lb isn't bad at all and it could be salt retention; I had that happen once in awhile. Keep up the great work; you are doing awesome! Yay for smaller jeans
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif

Lisa, Marty was just talking tonight about making some curry this weekend.I am getting very anxious to at least get my glamour shot from WF.I got a box at work today with some door prizes and walked around telling people it was my earrings.No one believed me.Marty got back last night.He will be gone one week to September, then probably head back to Hong Kong right after that; then be home a week or two and head back over 2 weeks and hopefully not have to go back until December.I told him it sounds like he’ll be gone more than he’s home.We decided we’d try to cash in his mileage next year and go somewhere nice.Our weather isn’t bad; not really hot, some rain so I’ll take it.Sorry to hear your sister turned her ankle; I hope it is better now.That is nice of you both to post some nice things about your trainer on his website.

Danielle, Marty is on his own for breakfast except on the weekends.I sleep as long as I can.

Tlh, I agree mysterious ways works for me.OMG – sorry you passed out giving blood.You poor thing.Have fun on the 5K this weekend.He will love the book of all your races; what a great idea.What a thoughtful gift.

Dragonfly, you have my sister phone.I have the Pinkberry like that with the full qwerty keyboard.Aren’t they fun?How fun to be registered for your first 5K and half marathon.

Diva, how exciting to be taking care of last minute details for the wedding.I am sure we’ve got FitTV I just have to find it.I am sure you can find some great DVD’s to check out.I use apple sauce in the apple muffins; makes them less fattening.

Deegee, awe how sweet about your niece making your day.I am sure you have a great time with them.You have to do some serious shopping to stock up on pants again.FUN!!!Yes, I get Marty at home for about a month now.Yippee!Glad you got caught up with visiting your husband on the way to work today.Glad to hear he is only gone for a day next week.Marty will be gone a lot the rest of this year.Rats.Yes, I think you should get earrings too.You can only work on your collection one day at a time.LOL at telling your hubby you’ve been deprived and need to catch up.No worries about being up a pound today; I am sure it’s just water weight and it does even out in the end.Woo hoo for wearing your small jeans.

I am totally beat tonight.I didn’t get to bed until after midnight.I started coughing right away and kept waking Marty up so I got up and came to the living room to set up for awhile until I quit coughing.Then I went to the spare bedroom and feel asleep about 1:30.About 3 something woke me up – some machine noise – probably a neighbor’s AC or swamp cooler or maybe a car running or something but I didn’t go back to sleep until after 5.My alarm goes off at 6:15.Another thing when I woke up at 3 my left foot was really hurting.I started getting worried I won’t be able to walk in the race for the cure this weekend.It got worse as the day went by.I wore some hiking shoes Tuesday and walked a lot in them including the mall and maybe they did a number on my foot.I put ice packs on it twice tonight so I hope it is better tomorrow. As long as it improves I can take advil and walk on Saturday.If it continues to get worse I may just walk a little ways and go back to the start.I am NOT happy about that.

We went to supper tonight so I wouldn’t have to cook and do dishes.I brought home most of my supper so we can have it for lunch tomorrow.

I am off to give my jewelry a bath and get ready for bed.

I hope to sleep long and soundly tonight.

See you tomorrow.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, we must have posted at the same time. Glad you had a nice walk. Yes, I stayed up till Marty got home. Your chicken and cherries sound great. I tried some chocolate gelato tonight. That stuff is good and I never tried it before.
18.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly- Hey, exciting stuff! Half marathons are one of my most favorite distances!!! I hope that you have a fantastic time!!! Don''t be too aggressive on your training, and listen to your body. Also keep in mind, most training plans out there that are marked "beginner" means beginner to the sport of marathons/and halfs, it does NOT actually mean novice runner. It means that they expect you''ve been running 20-25 miles a week for 6-12 months BEFORE you start training. I personally recommend a training schedule in MINUTES not miles for all novices. Not only is it easier to measure, it will stress you out a lot less, and not FORCE you to push your body further than it can handle at the time. In that if your training schedule says 60 mins vs. 6 miles... if you go out 30 minutes and turn around and run back.. but you are just having an off day. You maybe only covered 4 miles or so... but you''re body TELLS you when it needs rest. VS if you say, OMG I have to cover 6 miles... and then you keep pushing yourself, when really all you are doing is causing damage to your body, and possibly knocking yourself out from the race all together. THE ABSOLUTE BEST 1st training program I''ve seen out there is in a book called "Runner''s World Complete Book of Women''s Running" by Dagny Scott Barrios. http://www.amazon.com/Runners-World-Complete-Womens-Running/dp/1594867585/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249657438&sr=8-1
GOOD LUCK!

Diva- YAY! I still remember picking up the marriage lisence. OH that was such a fun and exciting day... even though the experience shouldn''t have been that romantic (going through metal detectors and what not) IT STILL WAS! I hope you have a phenomenal time! Wow, I''m glad you went back for that dress. HOLY SMOKES, you look AMAZING. Has your fiancee seen it... or is it a big surprise for the big day? CUZ HIS JAW IS GONNA DROP! (and yes, I could have used some cake after I passed out! where is MARCYC when you need her!!! hahah)

deegee- I am trying to be nice. I bought her a recovery bracelet... it is pretty at least! Sorry about all your broken bones... do you have balance issues?
9.gif
just kidding! I too hope they got all the blood they needed out of me... because passing out was REALLY embarrassing! You never know... my hair had so much more softness when I lived in the midwest. Now my hair is like straw if I don''t DEEP condition. About your weigh in... don''t be discouraged. It is part of being a lady... we have ups and downs. And being able to wear your skinny jeans is nothing to sneeze at! THAT IS FANTASTIC! "I believe in miracles... there you are... you sexy thing.. you sexy thing you!" (A little hot chocolate reference to go with your sundae!
28.gif
)

skippy- I LOVE that you walked with your cuz, and that it was nice and cool for you! Dinner sounds awesome. Trader Joes is fantastic!!!

Marcy- thanks for your well wishes to the race this weekend! It will be fun! I hope he likes the book... if not, he''s much better at pretending than I am, hahaah! I can''t wait for those WF pics!!! OH NO! You have the coughs? Do you have the sickies? AND YOUR FOOT! OH NO! Where is it on your foot that hurts. If it is a general soreness.. sometimes that happens from not wearing supportive enough shoes, or from tieing the laces too tight. Elevate. Ice. and NSAID 2 pills 3 times a day for 3 days.. I hope that you''ll be well enough for your 5k. *******dust*******

Everyone HAVE A TERRIFFIC WEEKEND!!!!!
35.gif

Today I got up and ran. Even though it was only 90* at 4:50am when I left, the humidity was only 11% WHOOOHOO! This felt sooo much cooler than the past mornings. (All about perspective, huh?) Well it felt fantastic. I ran, my HR was a bit bummy. Maybe it was like happy there was less blood to pump! HAHA! On my way back home, I ended up running into my hubs! He slowed down a hair, and we ran together the remainder of the run. It was quite fun. We both dropped down to a conversational pace, and kinda cheated... but I''m gonna milk the fact that I''m all woozy from loosing my precious life nector as long as I can!
9.gif
evil laugh* It was kinda fun. We talked about how one year ago, we were getting ready and attending our wedding rehersal and our dinner. It is hard to believe that was a year ago! Dinner was fantastic! Egg white omlette w/ yummy veggies! Plus this morning I made a berry salad. Blackberry, strawberry, blueberry, raspberries, with just a smidge of plain yogurt. YUM YUM YUM!

"He took the bride about the neck and kissed her lips with such a clamorous smack that at the parting all the church did echo." William Shakespeare

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick check-in.

My car broke down out of town on Wed. and JT and I were stuck for 11 hours until it got fixed. Luckily it was at a friends house, but still a pain in the butt. We''re having a party for my sis tonight, she goes away to college this weekend. So a big lasagna dinner is in store!

I will try to catch up a bit later.

Have a great weekend!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hello all. I made it to the gym (NEW MEMBERSHIP finally) last night and did 20 mins on the stair climber, weights, some lunges with twist, and 15 mins walking on the treadmill. I''m going to jog tonight after I cook.
For info on the 5k and half marathon. I''ll be doing the Komen Race for the Cure 5k in Central Florida in October. I''m planning to do a Disney half marathon, so I can run through Magic Kingdom and Epcot (HOW COOL IS THAT?) in March. I have been jogging two miles several mornings a week for a few months now, but have never been serious in training. So now I am just planning to train harder and slowly build up my distance.

TLH - thank you so so much for the great tips and link. I appreciate it immenseley!!!

Marcy - my pinkberry icon is in honor of Lorelei''s crackberry
16.gif
I actually have a Matrix Pro which I looorve.

Where is miss Skippy? Haven''t seen her today on here
35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
shiny- sorry about your car - but have fun w/ your sis. College is a super fun time!

dragonfly- I''ve seen the disneyworld half advertised before, and MAN O MAN you''ll have to tell me about it! The hubs and I are training and possibly going to do the Half Marathon in Vegas in Dec... that or the Fiesta Bowl Half... just depends on how much money we''ve got for the entry fees!
28.gif
2 miles a few days a week... so like 8-10 miles a week? The minute program would be PERFECT for you! The other ones will build you up too quickly. Oh, and just a word to the wise, you''ll be able to successfully finish (don''t have a time goal in mind for your first... trust me... just train to finish, and then heck, you''ll have the time to beat for next time! wink!) without covering the entire distance before hand. Many more athletes have been injured BEFORE the start line, than during the race itself due to overtraining. I''m really excited for you... trust me, you''ll have a BLAST!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Friday! YAY!!!

dragonfly, thanks for checking out my dress thread. I think that is really cool to run a marathon through Epcot Center. Jogging 2 miles a day is really good so I''m looking forward to hearing about your progress.

somethingshiny, sorry to hear about your car. Have fun tonight!

tlh, I was thinking of marcyc when I mentioned cake. LOL! And now I''m just thinking about cake. Derek has only only seen picture of like 6 dresses I tried on, so he doesn''t know which one I chose. I''m getting giddy again! Holy smokes, 90 degrees at 5 in the morning! I can only imagine, but at least the humidity was low again. How fun that must''ve been to run into and with hubby!

Hey marcyc! Yeah, I heard applesauce is a great substituition for oil. And it makes whatever you''re baking really moist. I''m sorry you didn''t get much sleep last night. I''ve had those nights too and they aren''t fun. I really hope your foot feels better soon. Oh! And I realized I kept forgetting to answer your question. I''m getting married on September 19th. Sorry about that.

Skippy, awesome for the long walk with your cousin. And I''m sure the nice cool air made it feel effortless. I recently tried potstickers and they are pretty good. I was surprised since I''m a picky eater. And cherries are really good too. I''m really into fruit in general. I''ve been mixing all sorts of berries in a bowl like tlh... Blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries with fat free whipped cream.
9.gif

Hi deegee! Thanks for the compliments. Everytime I go to the thread, I get excited all over again. As for the weight gain, I definitely wouldn''t worry about it. But I think it''s great that you''re always checking yourself and keeping your weight within a reasonable range. And YAY for fitting the smaller jeans!

So today, Derek, my Mom, and I went to the florist and had a great time. All they did was display my bouquets and centerpieces in advance to make sure it''s what I wanted for the wedding. Well, it was so the meeting was very short. Then I picked up some more ankle and wrist weights from my Mom since she''s not using them anymore. She''s very content with her 5lb weights and her Ab Lounger. And I''m seeing the results so I''m very proud of her! I unfortunately started getting a really bad headache during the afternoon, so I didn''t get to go to the gym. But that''s my fault because I waited too long to eat. So instead, Derek and I are going to workout together at home. I think it should be fun.
1.gif

I hope everyone is doing well tonight and has a great weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.Yippee for the weekend finally being here.

36.gif

Tlh, thank you so much for the PS dust for my foot and my race tomorrow.My foot is hurts over the center part past where my toes bend.Does that make sense?I think the arch in those shoes I wore the other day isn’t in the right place and I walked a lot that day.It honestly is a bit better tonight.I had it elevated for awhile and I have my iced gel packs on it right now.I am taking an Advil before bed and will take 2 in the morning.If I think I am hurting it I will just turn around and go back tomorrow but I think it will be okay.I am not sick; I have allergies so my sinuses drain when I lay down and it makes me cough sometimes.Glad to hear it was cooler to run this morning.Happy Anniversary!

emrose.gif
Your berry salad sounds delicious.
18.gif

Somethingshiny, sorry to hear about your car breaking down.I am glad you were at a friend’s house.Have a blast at the party.

Dragonfly, yay for joining the gym.The Komen Race for the Cure is what I am doing tomorrow.Yay for us!Jogging through the Epcot center sounds really cool.I was there one day and it was pouring rain all day so we ended up getting drunk in one of the pubs.I remember now seeing the thread about the shoe and you put it on the phone.It’s cute.Skippy has been posting but she has a different avatar.

Diva, thanks for the well wishes for my foot.I am pretty happy it’s more achy right now that painful; that is a good sign.You’ve really only got about 5 weekend until your wedding.How fun!Did you like your bouquets and centerpieces?What colors are your flowers and bridesmaid dresses?

Well, we went to supper with the in-laws then they invited us out for a drink afterwards.We got home about an hour ago.I tried to write my friend’s name on the race for the cure shirt with a pink sharpie and it looks awful.Oh well, you can at least read it.She is a breast cancer survivor.My MIL is coming here in the morning then we are going downtown to the Capital building.My mom and dad will meet us there.After the walk we are all going to go have breakfast.My dad is planning on walking with my mom because she might need her oxygen and she has balance problems and falls sometimes.I am very excited for the race.We have 14 on the team so far and raised $341.00 in donations.

Well, I am off to bed.Really.I have to get up early.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. My mom made it the entire mile in the race for the cure today.
36.gif
She was so cute. She had a headband on with a pink flower, her RFTC t-shirt, a pink sweater (yes it was very cool and walkers needed jackets), my dad held her hand and they walked the entire 1 mile - slowly but did okay. She had a cane and her oxygen and she said she was a little tired but was fine. I am so excited for her. My MIL and I walked and would stop at each turn and wait for them. I am sore and achy but not bad. My foot held up well.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....sorry for being MIA for the last few days. I just completely shut everything down and this is the first time I''ve turned on my laptop since Wednesday night. Charlie''s been in Buffalo, visiting his family and I just kind of took a break from life. I''ve only been to the gym once. I''ve done my stretches and tried to relax. The pain in my leg has been less, then more, then less, but always there. Sometimes it''s tolerable, sometimes it''s not. I''ve enjoyed my couple days of alone time. I slept as late as I wanted, went to bed when I wanted, and ate what I wanted. Charlie will be home tomorrow.

Thanks for the good wishes for my brother and mother. My mother learned she does have a growth on the bile ducts attached to her pancreas. It''s kind of sort of good news as a growth in her pancreas would have been a death sentence. They''ll schedule a procedure where they can actually travel down her throat, through her intestines to the area of question. We''re cautiously optimistic, but we do have to be realistic. She is 86 years old.

I hope everyone had a really good weekend and coming week is good too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I hope you had a great weekend.Mine was typical – TOO SHORT.

I made meatloaf and potatoes au gratin for lunch today and some peach cobbler for our supper / treat.I used the basic dump cake and it turned out great.

Rod, good for you taking some time to just do what you wanted for a few days.When will they perform that procedure on your mom?Good luck and well wishes to her.

Take care.

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results