shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 27th Oct till 2nd Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 12:56:20 PM
Author: dragonfly411

SO is bringing me lunch today because he has today off. So we''re going to eat outside.
Ah, how sweet! Enjoy your day outside on a picnic
1.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thank you skippy! We did immensely! I love the little things

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is awesome SanDiegoLady; that is like 1.5 lb a week. . . that isn't slow. Awesome!!
36.gif

I love those sorts of things Dragonfly!!!! How fun!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/30/2008 12:56:20 PM
Author: dragonfly411
Diva - Glad to hear you had fun with the kickboxing! Just keep trucking, it'll peel away eventually!

Skippy - yep that answered :) Thanks!! The hill work is fun for me, it's a new challenge and works muscles I was having a hard time targeting before (like my inner thighs for some reason).

Lorelei - you are so encouraging on here, just wanted to say that

SO is bringing me lunch today because he has today off. So we're going to eat outside.
Thanks Skip and DF - that is great for me to know! I have been there, done that and got the T shirt as the saying goes with weight issues and feeling so frustrated that nothing fitted or looked good. All my life I struggled with it, sometimes up and sometimes down with my weight, only now have I finally found a way to be at peace with it and maintain a healthy weight - it took me a long time but I got there eventually. And I really understand how it feels, so if I can offer some empathy and encouragement to others going through it, then I am so pleased to be able to!

SDL - WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing so well- great job!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Had a great workout, ran on the treadmill then cooled down on a bike. Went to the library, then home for lunch. We''re going on a field trip this afternoon, then the adults are going out for an adult beverage, I still need to pack/finish laundry so I''m not sure if I''ll be joining them.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Go SDL!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Alright y''all. I''m inspired. I officially WI for the first time back on WW Flex in the morning. I cheat too much on core. "This is aaaalmost core...." etc.

Thank you for being such wonderful inspirations!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Boy, I love how active this thread is but man, I need to keep up!!!

Happy Thursday! It''s been a pretty good week thus far. Every night this week, FI and I went to the gym after work and took out the dogs for a 20 minute walk after dinner. For some variety, I tried a rowing machine the other night. That thing kicked my butt!!! Tonight, instead of the gym, we''re gonna take the dogs to the Rose Bowl, where there''s a three mile path.

Hi SDL, thanks for the welcome back. YAY for another pound lost!!! Hope you''re making good headway in purging the things in your house.

Dragonfly, thanks, I am finally feeling better! YAY for your 5K goal and for that great workout you described. Would love to hear about some of your daily challenges for yourself. Sounds like a great idea to keep motivated.

ILA, that''s cool that you made your avatar. YAY for running almost an hour! I hear you about dreading the gym but we gotta do what we gotta do, right?

MerryMunky, yay for your WW calculator! Sounds like you and your FI had a nice evening.

Lor, you''re always so supportive!

Hi Tacori!

Miscka, sorry about the jeans shopping. Right now, pants are my enemies, as I can''t fit into my usual size. The only thing good about me being chunky is that I save money because I don''t shop for clothes. But I look forward to changing that soon! Good for you for being better today!

Hi Skippy! My trip to Hawaii is coming up. We''re going there during the week of Thanksgiving. Sadly, I won''t be in as good of shape as I''d like at that time but I can at least work on it until then! YAY for great weather! Sante Fe for the weekend sounds great. You''ll have to tell me what it''s like, as I''ve never been there. Thanks for the great WW tips! Your dinner for your hubby tonights sounds so good...

Geckodani, CONGRATS, soon-to-be aunt! I''m an auntie of two nephews and it''s great fun. YAY for finding the motivation you wanted!

Diva, I''m sorry you feel sad but I think it''s good that you''re focusing on the brighter side and all that you''ve achieved. You''ve lost some weight and it sounds like you''re doing all the right things. I second MerryMunky''s suggestion re changing up your workout routine. Perhaps if it''s in your budget, you can hire a trainer for a session and have him/her show you some new exercises to incorporate into your current workout. I don''t think you need to move up your time frame but just focus on one day at a time. As SDL says, slow and steady wins the race.

Kim, hope you''re enjoying your day!

Hi Marcy! Oooh, spinel... I''m gonna check it out. I''ve never heard of them until PS and I think they''re so pretty.

Steph, YAY for loose jeans! Glad to hear you''re enjoying your new cupcake business. That sounds like great fun!

Smurfy, CONGRATS on the job! I love my local Whole Foods. I''m sure you''ll find lots of healthy things to stock your kitchen with. Playing in the pool counts as an activity that burns calories!

Elle, hope you find the inspiration you need to get you going. I often times fight with myself about whether or not I really wanna go to the gym. Load up your iPod with some kickin'' songs and see if that revs you up.

Dee*Jay, have fun in Peru! I''m so jealous!!!

Welcome, MajorGroove! Congrats on making a commitment to a healthier lifestyle and for your 37 pounds lost! That''s awesome!!! As for working out consistently, honestly, it''s a struggle for me. I never liked working out but have come to the conclusion that I cannot maintain a healthy weight without it. I think the important thing is to find something you like to do or at least something you don''t hate. Try different activities. I hate running but like the elliptical. I like spinning and pilates. As for motivation, that''s hard, especially when other things in life get in the way. I think it boils down to making room in your life for it, just like you do for anything else. Getting a work out buddy or trainer helps a lot.

PW, sorry to hear about your friend''s mom and about your cats. I hear you about life getting ahead of you sometimes. I was gone for awhile because of illness and got out of my routine but like you, I''m making my way back in!

Hi Zoe! YAY for a great workout with the trainer and for sore muscles!

Hi Rod! Sorry for your long day yesterday. Hope you have a good workout tonight!

Ooh, hope I got everyone! Have a great evening!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Good evening, all!
1.gif
Thanks everyone for the support regarding my cat and for all of the uplifting words I read from every single one of you each day! I feel much better today than I have in weeks. I took my kitty in for an ultrasound and chest x-ray this morning and found that everything looks good. She only has one tumor and it has not spread, which is great news. They will operate to remove it tomorrow, and I will be nursing her back to health before I know it. Food and exercise have been off a teeny bit this week due to the World Series (yeah Phillies!). After the parade tomorrow, it'll be back to the regular routine - can't wait.

IloveAsschers13 - Thanks for the support. It has been so tough just not knowing what's going on but now that I have a course of action, I feel so much better.

marcyc - Thanks for the well wishes for my cat and for the sparkpeople recommendation. I am going to go sign up right now!

merrymunky - Have fun moshing!

dragonfly411 - That is a good idea about calorie count vs. specific recipes. Recipes are nice but I find it hard many times to fit them into the hectic routine. Way to go on the exercise!! Keep up the great work!

Rod - Glad the check-up went well. Your dinner sounded yummy

18.gif

KimberlyH - Thanks for the welcome back...it's great to be back! I hope you had a great day off from school and working out. Those days are nice to have every now and then.

Lorelei - Hi!!
35.gif
Thanks for the inspiring posts that you bring to the forum every day!

panda08 - Thanks for the kind words regarding my friend's mom and cats - I appreciate the support. Great job on the workouts!! It is tough when you get out of your routine, but like you said, just have to get back up and jump back in!

Hi Skippy and everyone else! Have a great rest of day, everyone!!

emhot.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Patiently Waiting prayers outgoing for your dear kitty tomorrow, hugs!

KIMI, have a safe trip and have fun with your adorable nephew and family and yay for the workout!

GECKO ~ yay for being motivated; you can do it!!!

PANDA ~ hugs and don't work too hard and yay for Hawaii!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone watch the Biggest Loser reunion on Oprah today (maybe there will be a rerun)???? It was so inspiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
My good week turned incredibly $#!##y
The company I worked at for 2 stinking days went bankrupt because all their stocks crashed!!! Can you believe that?! Well yeah I guess it is pretty believable. Anyways, I''ve been moping around and I''m starting to feel better but yesterday my food consisted of a dark ale, chocolate pie, cheese, etc. Oh I almost forgot about the gelatto we bought. So....yeah not such a good day mood or diet wise. Back to square 1, poop
7.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Smurfy, that is a bummer; I am so sorry. Sending you a hug.
emhug2.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, didn''t see the reunion show, but I try to watch during the season (although I watch it on TIVO b/c all the commercials drive me nuts!!). I''m sure it was a great show. Did any of them gain the weight back?

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone!

Man I don''t go on for a whole day and BAM, more pages! I''m not going to the gym today and I am DEAD tired, so I''m off to bed today..

Does anyone else watch Biggest Loser the season right now??? I really think that is inspiring!

Well good night and check back tomorrow!!

it''s almost halloween... what is everyone being? (if you are dressing up...)
11.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 7:39:28 PM
Author: steph72276
Skippy, didn't see the reunion show, but I try to watch during the season (although I watch it on TIVO b/c all the commercials drive me nuts!!). I'm sure it was a great show. Did any of them gain the weight back?
Hi there Steph!! Here is the link to the Oprah website on the Biggest Loser; the mom's were really inspiring, one of the mom's had 2 kids in 15 months and another mom still works out. I don't watch the Biggest Loser but it was inspiring to see these people; one guy gained 75 lbs back but some of the others did well
1.gif

http://www.oprah.com/dated/oprahshow/oprahshow_20081001_biggestloser

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 6:48:22 PM
Author: Skippy123
Anyone watch the Biggest Loser reunion on Oprah today (maybe there will be a rerun)???? It was so inspiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I think they re-run the afternoon show tonight at 1am (at least they do in the Philadelphia area)?? Thanks for the heads up - DVR''ing it now! I can never have enough inspiration
2.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - Thanks so much for the well wishes - my furbaby and I definitely appreciate it!

Smurfy - So sorry to hear about your new job
7.gif
Sending an e-hug your way
emhug.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 7:40:21 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
Hello everyone!

Man I don't go on for a whole day and BAM, more pages! I'm not going to the gym today and I am DEAD tired, so I'm off to bed today..

Does anyone else watch Biggest Loser the season right now??? I really think that is inspiring!

Well good night and check back tomorrow!!

it's almost halloween... what is everyone being? (if you are dressing up...)

I'm dressing up...as a happy Phillies fan at the parade tomorrow
19.gif
Hopefully I get back in time to hand out candy to the kiddies. It's so much fun...besides, I don't want to get stuck with all that candy tempting me in the fridge
11.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 9:34:36 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 10/30/2008 7:39:28 PM

Author: steph72276

Skippy, didn''t see the reunion show, but I try to watch during the season (although I watch it on TIVO b/c all the commercials drive me nuts!!). I''m sure it was a great show. Did any of them gain the weight back?
Hi there Steph!! Here is the link to the Oprah website on the Biggest Loser; the mom''s were really inspiring, one of the mom''s had 2 kids in 15 months and another mom still works out. I don''t watch the Biggest Loser but it was inspiring to see these people; one guy gained 75 lbs back but some of the others did well
1.gif

http://www.oprah.com/dated/oprahshow/oprahshow_20081001_biggestloser

Thanks for the link Skippy!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW.....So many posts in 24 hours. It''s late and I''m pretty pooped, so I won''t be able to say hey individually. It was a typically long Thursday. I got to the gym a little after 6 this evening and worked out till about 9, so I pushed myself pretty hard and it felt really good! Charlie is off tomorrow, so we''ll be able to have our regular Friday night Sushi at favorite Sushi place #1. I''m looking forward to that for sure.

I did want to answer gecko''s question about how many times I workout each week. For a long time, I worked out 5 days a week, 2.5 - 3 hours each session. I''ve cut it back to 4 times a week as I know I was pushing my muscles too hard, without giving them time to heal between workouts.

And PW, we are totally cat people, so our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your beautiful kitty for a successful operation and a speedy recovery.

DeeJay, have a great trip. I''m still very jealous!!

Monnie, if you see this, I know I owe you an email and I promise to write you this weekend, OK??

Sorry for not responding to anyone else. I''m just completely tired and need to get some sleep. Sleep well everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
I ate a donut this morning and a brownie after lunch.
11.gif
So I decided to clean house tonight to help burn off a few of those extra calories.Or maybe it was the extra sugar gave me a buzz.
9.gif
I also got 3 batches of laundry done.Woo hoo more free time on the weekend.
36.gif

I went to the mall at lunch today and turned in my spinel and ering.
36.gif
They will have it ready for me next Friday.I got to see the spinel in the sun and it definitely looks cobalt blue in sunlight and purple indoors.I can’t wait.
Geckodani, great minds think alike.Spinels and house cleaning.
Merrymunky, I hope you had a great day and fun “moshing”.
Steph, I heard Florida had its coldest day in over 120 years.Rats.
Lorelei, I didn’t know what that meant either.I very much agree with Dragonfly and Skippy – you are also so helpful and offer us many wonderful tips and insights. I think I have finally found peace with myself too about my appearance.I know my flaws but when I look at where I came from I can only be satisfied knowing not only am I healthier but I don’t look too bad.
DeeJay, have fun and we’ll miss you.
Miscka, rats for not finding jeans you like.Isn’t it awful how some styles just look bad on you?
Elle, sorry to hear you didn’t have fun shopping.
Dragonfly, good for you getting in so much exercise again today.
Diva, I hope the world is brighter for you today.Hang in there girl, all you can do is keep trying.I often found I was losing inches when I wasn’t losing weight.I found it helpful to look back on how far I’ve come and kept focused on my improved health.
Kimi, that is nice you took a day off from working out and didn’t have school today.Have fun at your sister’s for Halloween.
Skippy, your pizza sounds yummy.We are going to be in the mid 70’s tomorrow.I feel some flu systems coming on – cough, cough.
11.gif
I am doing maintenance now; I am pretty content with my size but may try to lose another 5 to 10 pounds in the future.My goal was to lose 160 pounds which I have surpassed so anything else is a bonus.Thank you so much for saying I am tiny; I am getting so used to my size that I am starting to think I’m not small enough yet.It’s tough to decide what to do.Marty thinks I am fine and don’t need to lose more weight.
SanDiegoLady, congratulations for being down another pound.You are doing awesome!PS dust coming your way to get to stay on your current shift.
Panda, this thread is busy this week.I love it.Have fun on your Thanksgiving trip.Good for you going to the gym every night this week.

Patiently Waiting, I am glad to hear your cat will be okay – good luck with her surgery tomorrow.I think you’ll find SP very helpful.
Smurfysmiles, I am so sorry to hear about your company.
Asschers, I tried to watch Biggest Loser once but all they were doing was crying to I lost interest quickly.I’ll have to give them another try.
Rod, sorry you had a long day.Sleep well my friend.The weekend is in sight.
Take care!
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello from Lima!!!

If nothing else at least the wi fi is good here in Peru... My hotel is slightly horrifying but the good news is I will never really see it in the light of day (which I''m sure would disturb me even more, LOL) because it''s almost midnight already and I check out at 5:30 tomorrow morning to fly to Cusco.

Obviously no work out for me today (unless you count dragging all my heavy sh!t through several airports) and let''s just say the best thing I ate today was the dinner on the plane from Miami to Lima -- and at that point I was damn glad to have it!!!

Gotta go in search of some bottled water.

Will try to check in again tomorrow.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday morning kids! (It is Friday, right?!)

Back at the Lima airport waiting for my flight to Cusco, which I think might be delayed since every flight before mine is delayed... They took my oh-so-dangerous cuticle scissors when I came through security this morning. Clearly I am a character not be trusted with sharp objects--even if they are only a total of about 2-1/2 inches long!

Slept an intermittent 4 or so hours last night. The guys in the room next to me were having quite a raucous time. I wasn''t sure whether I should ask them to be quite or ask whether I could join them!

Breakfast this morning consisted of some of the most marvelous coffe I''ve ever had (only about 3 oz, and I am shaking like a leaf, LOL) and one of the all important zone bars I dragged down here in my suitcase. I also have an apple and some pretzels with me but I''m saving those for a truly desperate situation.

If I ever do get a work out in I promise to report on it!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning all.

The gig was good. We didn''t go into the mosh pit as I suspected. It was a small venue so we hung out near the back and got to enjoy the mucic without being crushed.

I saved my points so we could get food after the gig.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got my calculator. I counted points for breakfast. I weighed in. I''m ready to go! I really hate counting points, but I KNOW it works, so - here we go!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 8:12:58 AM
Author: geckodani
I''ve got my calculator. I counted points for breakfast. I weighed in. I''m ready to go! I really hate counting points, but I KNOW it works, so - here we go!
It''ll be worth it though. I hate having to count ever tiny bit of food/drink that goes into my mouth. Think about the end result though!

The calculator is a powerful tool
3.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 8:37:27 AM
Author: merrymunky

Date: 10/31/2008 8:12:58 AM
Author: geckodani
It''ll be worth it though. I hate having to count ever tiny bit of food/drink that goes into my mouth. Think about the end result though!

The calculator is a powerful tool
3.gif
Yes, yes it is.
1.gif
I just joined SparkPeople too. I haven''t decided yet if I''m going to track on a spreadsheet, online or manually. Hmmmmm.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Halloween everyone! My mom is on town so we have been eating out a lot
11.gif
But sometimes you need to stop worrying and just enjoy life (temporarily before you rein yourself back in of course!). Sorry I don''t have time to address everyone individually. Hope you all have healthy and happy days. Don''t stress if you have a piece of candy
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So we got on the plane...

We got off the plane...

No idea what's going on. I *think* it's a technical issue and not a weather issue at this point.

Great.

At least I have my laptop. (And the HH chided me for brining it along -- HA!!!)

Just ate my apple. Now I'm down to zone bars (of which I already had one today) and about a third of the pretzels left. Grimness indeed. I may have to break down and buy some peanut M&Ms.

On the good side I am sure I'm burning a ton of calories dragging my luggage up and down the stairs in the airport, onto/off of the plane, across the tarmac and back...
20.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh no Dee! I hate airports.
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results