shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 27th July till 2nd August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

I wanted to touch on the subject of frustration this week, it strikes us all from time to time and I had a major dose of it last week. I was feeling pleased with myself as my lower body seems to have trimmed down even more, my tightest jeans fit really well - better than they ever have. So as I was feeling good about that I tried on a form fitting suit I hadn''t worn for 18 months. It was snug around the waist and I was devastated. I know that recently my spine has shifted, I can see the right side of my waist starting to bow out so I believe it is probably this which made it the suit not fit there, everywhere else was fine.

But did I slip back into my old ways! I was so upset, Hubby was getting mad at me because I was throwing a fit saying how miserable I was that this stupid suit didn''t fit the way it used to. He says I am way too hard on myself, maybe I am but I know that in order to feel reasonable about myself I have to be. So it is a balance, I will have to try a little harder - I know I am happy when this suit fits well so I will be altering my food intake a bit and stepping up the workouts to see what happens.

So it just goes to show how hard it can be to try to not panic and to stay positive, it is something I still struggle with! Yes I expect a lot from myself but to me the rewards are well worth it. This week I have managed to get into a better mind set and am starting the week off in a more positive way. Frustration strikes us all, but we can overcome it!

Have a great week!
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the opening Lorelei!! I''ve had the same experience as you, only mine is with a dress that used to fit me so well, and now it just doesn''t look right. I was very tempted to open a packet of crisps to make myself feel better. That''s brilliant that your skinniest jeans fit you perfectly! I know what you''re saying about being hard on yourself-I have to be the same way as otherwise I just gain weight.
I have a day off today so I''m just about to clean the car and then I have my hour workout, hour of spin and hour of step tonight-Monday nights are my fave night in the gym so I can''t wait! Still finding it hard to get back into the healthy eating side of things since the wedding-I''m really good for a few days and then I''ll go off track for a few days and then back on again, but I''ve thrown myself back into the gym workouts and am loving them again.

Talk to you all later! Have a good week!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, I posted about this yesterday, hubby and I went for a long bike ride and then I walked with my friend that evening for about 40 mins. It was a nice workout yesterday.
3.gif
Then yesterday for some reason I got the hiccups 3 times and then woke up at 3 am and got the hiccups. LOL
39.gif
41.gif
I hope they stay away. haha

Today I will probably walk with my cousin and I have some reading to do. I told my friend I want to do a 5k again in Sept and she agrees we should do another run.
Happy Monday all!!! August is right around the corner.

LORELEI, great opener and reminder. YAY for SKINNY jeans!!!! I bet that feels awesome
16.gif

BEE, wooo hooo you super woman w/your uber workouts!!!! Yay for getting back into them. You look great!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Frustration.
emfist.gif
The beast that knocks you off your path. Great topic Lorelei, because it is so true, and EXACTLY how I''m feeling right now.

bee- have fun at yoru workout today!

Skippy- holy cow woman, you are a workout machine, you''re weekend sounded active and just FUN! Sorry your friend is moving so far away, but I''m glad you''re enjoying the time you have together now! Sept would be perfect for another 5k!

Rod- yeah, Anne was very dark in that role. She was abrasive and hard to like.. which I found wonderfully different! Hope your week is fab!

marcy- glad marty''s back even though he travels so much. Did you end up going to the engagement dinner?

Everyone have a fantastic week!
35.gif

This weekend was good. Cut my mileage in half last week, and so when I went out this morning, I noticed my calves were feeling much better. I was pleased. They are still a tad tight, but I''m keeping my pace a little slower than usual, which seems to help. My mom starts her PT this week for her elbow. She is happy. My brother''s lost another pound and almost to his goal weight. Me I''m still hanging in limboland of the non-weight loss... so I''ll see what thr Dr says about it on Friday. I''ve already been told I may be sent off to get bloodwork run.. .so fun!

I''d been told by a family friend who''s a dietician that I was not eating enough food... so I upped my caloric intake to try to lose weight (weird I know) and have been following her advice, and I ended up gaining 2 pounds. The real messed up part, is that I measure everything out. I write everything down. I''m not eating naughty foods or binging. I eat 1300-1600 calories (the high end on HARD workout days) a day. I burn well over 3,500 calories A WEEK in exercise alone. So I''m quite frustrated. I personally have found that 1200-1300 calories a day is what I must eat to maintain my weight (even with my physical activities). If I want to lose weight, I don''t see any weight loss until I drop my caloric intake to 600-800 calories.... and yet still maintain my level of physical activity. Which is why I never diet while training. I''ve noticed a terrific improvement in my energy levels since cutting out the processed sugar... but no slimming of the waistline. I gave it the old college try... the eating more food... and it is honestly quite frustrating to watch the scale creep upwards, while telling yourself, well a dietician told me to eat more.. so I''m eating more, and I''m eating what she told me... only to get jigglier, and running outfits, are NOT flattering for weight gain. So I''m hoping that I''ll get some answers. So the best way to explain how I''m feeling is FRUSTRATED. Because I don''t like eating only 600 calories a day, while burning off 800 running alone. That is seriously MESSED UP, and DISORDERED.

"Our frustration is greater when we have much and want more than when we have nothing and want some. We are less dissatisfied when we lack many things than when we seem to lack but one thing.” Eric Hoffer

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
TLH, wooo hooo on all your runs and your calves feeling better. I know that lots of times people who are athletic can weigh more because they are muscle but yet super lean and thin. You are super fit; hopefully the doc will have some answers? To me you sound like the poster lady for health and very inspiring to me!! Woo hoo for your brother being on the home stretch to goal; I bet he feels great!! I am glad your mom is doing pt and pray for a speedy recovery. sending you a hug.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Lorelei for the great opener! Loving that you''re in the skinny jeans!

I''m back from Miami and not a day too soon. I LOVED it down there, but I had a mini freak out during my stay. As I''ve mentioned before, I lost a lot of weight recently and quite honestly, I was looking forward to putting on a swimsuit for the first time in awhile. I got to the hotel and saw that they had a scale in the bathroom. Something told me no, but I found myself on it anyway.... And freaked out when I saw that I had gained 8 pounds!!! So I''m thinking, "Hey, the scale must be wrong." So while I was in the spa area, I found another scale. One of those ones that you find in the doctor''s office and gym. Same results plus 2 more pounds. WHOA! As I''m having a fit in the hotel, my fiance had to remind me that with the humidity and salt in the air (we were at a ocean front hotel), I was likely retaining salt and water. D''oh! Well, with that said, my bathsuit didn''t look as good on me as I would''ve liked.
7.gif
. And he was so right; I drank lots of water, came back in NYC (home), weighed myself again and I''m 6 pounds less than when I was in Miami. Other than that and the 20 mosquito bites (yes, I counted them) I brought back with me, I had a fun time. Lots of sights, took lots of pictures and am actually looking forward to going back (hopefully for longer than 4 days).

I start my small group training session class on Thursday and I''m so excited! I''ve worked out, but haven''t been to the gym in about 2 weeks so I''m so ready to get back into the swing of things. And even more exciting, I have my first dress fitting on Friday. WOOHOO!

bee, I''m sure things will work out for you. Eating healthy has always been trouble for me. And if it''s not done in small steps, I''ve always failed.

Skippy, you are so awesome with the running and the biking! I love how you''ve implemented exercise into your everyday life so well.

tlh, I know what you mean about caloric intake. When I was trying to lose weight, I would eat about 1200-1400 calories a day. And when I would see less results over time, I was so tempted to decrease my intake even more. No one knows your body better than you do. As long as you aren''t going into starvation mode (by eating too few calories), I say do what works best for you.

Have a great week everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 4 mile walk; it was super nice out this evening.
emhot.gif
It was in the low 80's today. I had my root canal checked out today and I am good to go for a cap.

Weight watchers has a position where you weigh people in (they are hiring right now) and I was thinking if they would let me do it once a week I would so it keeps me honest and on top of my maintenance.
1.gif
Hubby and I had chicken breasts and a nice big side arugula salad. I am going to eat a banana with a little bit of natural pb for dessert. Have a great evening all!!!

DIVA, wooohooo for doing great while on vacation and the spa day sounds nice. your guy sounds like a sweetie!!! Huge kudos for doing so well on vacation because it is tough; sounds like you did great!!! Sounds like a fabulous trips!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I hope you had a great day.

We ended up at work about 90 minutes longer than expected so we did fast food on the way home.With this being my last week of class I knew I’d have a lot of papers to grade tonight.I ate ½ of a burger and a few fries.I was going to make tacos but I will make them tomorrow.

My left hand is KILLING me tonight.I have degenerative arthritis in it at the thumb joint.I have good days and bad days with it but this afternoon a bad storm moved through here and it felt like someone smashed it with a hammer.I have on a wrist brace right now and hope that helps.I will take some advil so hopefully it won’t keep me awake.

Great opener, Lorelei.It is very easy to get frustrated with our bodies and results but you are right that can also help motivate us a bit more as well.Very good advice to not panic and stay positive.We are all probably our own worst critics.Yay for your skinny jeans fitting great.

Bee, glad to hear you are loving the gym.I hope you had a blast tonight.

Tlh, we go to the engagement party.We had cocktails and appetizers.It was fun.Glad to hear your legs are feeling better.Give your mom my best wishes for PT.How frustrating to gain weight while being so careful with your calories.I think anything above about 1300 a day will end up in weight gain for me.Hopefully the doctor can give you some answers and tips.Yay for your brother closing in on his goal.

Diva, how frustrating for you to find different weights on different scales.Yay for coming home and finding you weigh less on your scale.That is awesome.I am glad you had fun on your trip.

Skippy, yay for a nice walk.I am glad they checked your root canal out and will be getting a cap soon.The job at ww sounds ideal for you.Good luck on that.

Sleep well and I’ll check in tomorrow.

Marcy

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone. Classes were brilliant last night-she doesn''t stop picking on me throughout the class so I always work hard during them. This morning I''m up for a spin class and a pump and tone class then off to work for the day. Talk to you all later!

Skippy-that would be brilliant if you could do that job once a week. You''d be perfect for it and so nice for people who have to weigh in.

tlh-that sucks. Sorry to hear about the gain. Can you get the dietician to recommend anything else?

Diva-sorry to hear about the scales. I weighed myself on my honeymoon as there was a scales in the room-wish I could have just stayed away from it!!

Marcy-sorry to hear about your hand. Hope you slept ok.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
ah, thanks skippy! good luck getting the position, I think you''d be really good for it too, because you''re soo sweet and non-judgemental! very comforting!

diva- I''m sorry you were heavier in Miami, that would RUIN swimsuit season for me... but it is true, travel actually makes you retain water... esp if you travel by plane! Glad you''re coming back to your leaner size!

marcy- i''m sorry about your left hand... i hope you''re not left hand dominant! The party I bet was fun! Thanks for your well wishes and kind words. I''m feeling less. agitated today, and I''m just getting antsy for the appt. I hope it doesn''t suck.

bee- have fun with your classes, they sound super fun! My family friend, is CONVINCED I''m not eating enough. But I''m like tired of eating more and more calories, which is what she is doing, adding more 100-200 calories every time I tell her it isn''t working... and now I''m like in freak out mode, but she keeps telling me that I''m just way too active and need more food. So I listen, eat more, and can''t comfortably fit in my pants! (And I have a bridesmaid''s dress I''m starting to totally NOT fit into anymore... so I''m pulling my hair out!) So I''ll talk to the Dr see what is up, and what bloodwork they want to run... because I''m definately in a caloric deficit.

Everyone have a super fabulous Tuesday!!!Things are good. Had my favorite salad last night. Yum, and tonight, chx lettuce wraps! Hubs and I dropped our gym memberships, so I''m getting a few last ones in while I''m there. Lap Swimming outdoors is really awesome, compared to swimming indoors when the weather is so nice. I just have to remember the sunscreen! Though my bodyglove is giving me a funky arm tatoo! My forearms are gonna be super tan!

Lou Holtz "Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it."

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, I will workout this evening, my friend and I need to work on a project today so I did that this morning. It was funny because we were sitting at this conference table and she was staring at me and I said "what is wrong?" She said Wow, you lost a lot of weight!! We started talking about how much weight I lost and she told me I looked really good. It made me feel good and happy to hear that!

It looks like is going to rain out but I hope it doesn't happen until later this evening because hubby rode his bike to work; for some reason every-time he bikes it rains that day on his ride home. he is a good sport about it though!!!

Have a great Tuesday Friends!!!

TLH, aww, thanks friend; you are so so sweet! Yay for swimming;lol, I have a farmers tan. hehe I bet your running will even out your tan. Yum to the chicken lettuce wraps those sound wonderful!!!
9.gif

MARCY, thanks friend, I think it would be fun and keep me on track and the people weighing in will inspire me too. I think we are all so inspiring to each other; like you and the others here are for me that is for sure! Hope your hand feels better, hugs.

BEE, you are brilliant w/your fabulous classes!!! i love reading about all your workout classes! Yay for spin (that is uber hard) and toning which is great; I need to get back into my toning. Thank you for your sweet words!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........I''m sorry for being MIA since Sunday. I didn''t sleep well Sunday night and by the time I got home last night, I was so tired, I didn''t even turn on my laptop. Today, I had a follow-up with the neurosurgeon. It was kind of a waste of time. I''m not sure why I went, or what I got from the experience. I certainly didn''t learn anything more. He didn''t offer any more guidance. All he managed to do was reiterate what I''ve got and he set my next appointment for 6 weeks from today. At least I got to leave work early and get in the gym a litle earlier than usual. I did work out tonight, even though my leg was hurting a lot today. Tomorrow, I have physical therapy after work. I''m trying to keep a positive outlook, but am frustrated that my leg is still in pain.

Thanks so much for the weekly opener Lorelei. Boy, did it ever ring a chord of truth with me these days!!

To everyone else, sorry for not saying hey personally. It''s almost 10:30 PM and I still need to do my stretches before going to bed, so I need to shut down now. I''ll try to write more tomorrow night............

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I will be brief tonight.I had 30 papers to grade, had to frost 2 cakes for class tomorrow and I haven’t begun to get ready for bed.

Bee, glad class was great and you had a wonderful workout.The hand is feeling better tonight but it kept me awake last night.Poor Marty woke up at 3 am and I had a hard time sleeping after he got up anyway.Hopefully tonight will be better.

Tlh, I am not left hand dominant.Glad to hear you are less agitated today.I am sending must PS dust your way for a helpful and informative meeting with your doctor.Good plan to get in as much of the gym as possible before your membership ends.We had homemade tacos for supper, you can get a lot of food for 400 calories out of those.

Skippy, awe how sweet of your friend to pay you such a wonderful compliment.You skinny minny lady.

36.gif
Woo hoo!We just had a good rain about 30 minutes ago.I am sure you would be wonderful, motivational, supportive and inspirational to other people at ww.I agree this thread is full of inspirational people as well.

Rod, I sure hate to hear the appointment with the neurosurgeon was neither helpful nor informative.That is sure frustrating.I hope the session with your PT goes well tomorrow.

Laters,

Marcy

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning! I got up early this morning and did an hour of workout and an hour of step aerobics. Our instructor was in such a bad mood today but it meant she did a great class as she didn''t stop for a water break once! Going to a friend''s house for lunch and then off to work. Hope you all have a good day!

tlh-yeah it might be worth going to the doctor to get it checked out. That''s strange that you gained weight when you''re exercising so much.

Skippy-yay for your friend noticing! It always feels so nice when people notice weight loss!! Makes it all worth it! Hope you enjoyed your workout.

Rod-sorry to hear that your leg is still very sore. Hope you slept better last night.

Marcy-hope you got everything done last night and that your hand is doing better.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Whistle2.gif

So. There was a wedding. From hell. It's over. Stress gone. And DH has actually 100% committed to doing Weight Watchers. He signed up. I signed up. We're tracking. For real. I'm cooking up a storm for healthy snacks and meals. We're doing it. We've both already lost a few pounds (WI is Sat). Having him ACTUALLY sign up and do this with me is amazing. And helpful. And makes me certain we can succeed.

His doctor put the fear of death into him on his last appointment, which I think was a huge contributing factor to his committment.

Lorelei - Frustration is having your meat and potatoes, food loving husband try to come to terms with the fact that he can't eat whatever he wants whenever he wants. He's worked the points so he can still have a beer every night though, LOL. It's the little things in life... Skinny jeans... someday.
5.gif

Skippy - Hi! The next time you get the hiccups, put your hand right below your ribcage (where your diaphragm is) and push your stomach out to meet your hand. In singer terms, "set your diaphragm." The tensing of your muscles will stretch out your diaphragm and hold it in place. Since a hiccup is just a spasm in your diaphragm, it should take care of it. That's why holding your breath will sometimes work too.
1.gif
I think it would be a great incentive to stay on track by working at WW!

TLH - You really are an inspiration in your workouts and healthy habits!
36.gif

Diva - I will never understand why they put scales in hotel rooms.
14.gif
I hope you were still able to enjoy your trip!

Rod - I'm sorry that you had a frustrating appointment.
7.gif

Marcy - ouch on the arthritis. I hope your hand feels better.

Hi Bee!
35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
skippy- that is awesome! It is amazing how just the last few pounds will really reshape one''s face! I hope it was a dry ride for your hubs!

rod- I''m sorry for your bummy expierence with the phys. My BFF has had many surgeries on her C2-5 disks and then through the shoulders due to issues. She felt so helpless everytime she''d go that because of the guidance with PT she thought she''d get the same level of communication w/ her Drs. NOPE. She''s learned that if you want to get anything out of them, you have to come with a piece of paper with all your questions on it before hand... like a "crappy painful job interview" at least that is what she says. So maybe, if you and your PT could think about what you want to get out of your meeting with the neurosurgeon... that can help? But then again, I''ve found the PTs are a lot better because of how much more time they spend with you, that they ACTUALLY LISTEN and have a clearer understanding of your body. I just want to give you a huge HUG and hope that if you have any q''s that they can be addressed a little better in the next appt.

marcy- you are a paper grading machine! thanks so much for your dust, I went from frustrated to agitated, to the calm before the storm. :D now I lie in wait! I hope you have fun in cake class!

bee- funny, whenI''m in a bad mood I work out like with little effort. I guess I need a class to take out my frustrations!
9.gif
So it sounds like it worked in your favor! The body is such a complex machine. I''ll be happy for some answers!

gecko- I''m so happy that you and your hubs are doing WW, it is great to have a supporter on board with you! Sorry the wedding stunk, but now on to bigger and brighter things! Thanks for your kind words!

Today I was thrilled because for the first time in what seemed like ages, it was only 88* on this morning''s run. I could hear the halleluia chorus in my head as I walked out the door in the night''s velvet cloak of darkness. I actually beat the hubs out the door, but turns out today was a tempo run for me, and a speed day for him, so a few miles in, there goes hubs, I was like DANG he''s fast... sorta broke my concentration a little... but can''t complain, because I''ll always break my running concentration to stare at my hubs buns. Tonight I''m mixing up the strawberry walnut salad, and I''m excited about it. Dh and I also got the WeightLoss Yoga DVD from Biggest Loser, so after we''re done w/ our swim, we''ll come home and try that out... and I''ll give you all a status report on if I like it or not!

“The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” Oprah Winfrey

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick post to say "I''m here."

We had a tornado on Friday. Luckily the only damage we got was to our trees but we were without power for quite a while and there was lots of damage on the outskirts of our town. Thankfully, no injuries were reported.

So, after the clean-up of debris, I decided to do some laundry. My foot found a large piece of glass in the basement and the rest is a bloody story. So, not much working out for me lately and not for at least a few more days.

JT had shots today and is doing well so far so fingers crossed that he doesn''t get any reactions!

Hope all is well with all of you!!

Have a great tomorrow!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, just a quick walk today, nothing too exciting. I got my haircut and went to lunch with some friends, we split one cupcake 3 ways. hehe
41.gif
Tonight hubby and I had some chicken and rice and a nice big salad.
Hope everyone has a great Hump day!!!

ROD, I am sorry the neurosurgeon wasn''t helpful; I hope your PT session brought you some relief tonight. hugs.

MARCY, thanks! eek, that is a lot of papers! Hope you got to relax this evening!

BEE,thanks! You are making me want to go do a class! Yay for your uber workouts, woman, you are doing fantastic!!!

GECKO, oh no, a wedding from hedouble hockey sticks, glad the stress is gone! Yay for you and your DH doing WW; you two will do awesome!!! YAY!! YAY for losing too!!! thanks for the tip!

TLH, awww, you and your hubby sound adorable! LOL about watching his booty! Woooooo for a cooler day and nice run!!
9.gif
Your salad sounds delicious!

SS, yikes to the tornado, glad you guys are safe. Oh no, I am sorry about your foot, take care honey.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........I didn''t lseep well last night. I was stressed over the crappy DR appointment, and my leg hurt more, likely because I was more stressed. I was determined to get my PT to understand the issues and severity of pain, so I was really looking forward to my PT session after work. I do like my PT a lot and he didn''t disappoint me tonight. He spent over 1.5 hours with me. He met with me, and I outlined what I was experiencing and I think he didn''t quite realize the significant issue I have is a seriiously herniated disk. I also have stenosis, and I think he was treating the stenosis more viogrously than the disck. So, he completed changed my session and worked out a completely different plan for me. He''s even going to try some manual spinal decompression in each session. I''m at least encouraged by his optimistism. And I think I''ve decided to go to a different neurosurgeon for a 2nd opinion. I''m just not particulary satisfied with the one I''ve been seeing. Charlie baked some fresh Salmon for dinner. It was really good. Then we slipped out for a coffee at Sbucks. Tomorrow''s a gym night for me. I may be in pain, but when I work out, I''m happier.

Thanks Marcy, and I meant to write you last night and say I was sorry you were having pain in your hand. I hope it''s better today.

I''m sorry your instructor was in a bad mood, but I''m glad it worked to your advantage bee* Thanks for your thoughts. I didn''t sleep well last night, but sure hope to tonight.

YAY for stress that''s gone gecko and congratulations on getting DH to sign up for WW with you!!!

tlh, the sad part is I did have a list of questions with me and I wasn''t really happy with the answers or effort put into the answers. I think I''m going to go to a different doctor altogether. I do agree that my PT is better at listening and actually doing something with the information I gave him. Today''s session with my PT was much better and think he really did listen and respond accordingly. Thanks for the hug. Yummm, strawberry walnut salad sounds good!!

I''m so glad you only had some tree damage from the torrnado. They''re so frightening........

Oh thank you dear Skippy!! Yummm to a cupcake (even 1/3 of one!). I''ll bet your hair is super cute........

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi - I hope I''m not intruding. I''ve never ventured into the Healthy Lifestyle threads before. . . you''re a very encouraging group!

gecko - I joined Weight Watchers in April, and I have lost 29.5 pounds. Tomorrow is weigh in day, and I''m hoping to push past 30!!! For exercise, I have been walking 3 miles a day with my sweet little rescue puppy. That''s about all the exercise I can do right now because of arthritis issues. The more I walk and the more weight I lose, the more I seem to be able to do. I discovered on Friday that I can get on my tip-toe on my left leg, and I can point my left toe. I haven''t been able to do that in 3 years (after a back injury and nerve damage). It hurts, but I can do it! My friends and I had a little "dee can point her toe!" celebration.

Rod - I''m with you on the leg pain. It gets really old.

Lorelei - As I lose weight and can get back into things, I have noticed they fit differently than they used to due to arthritis in my spine. Very frustrating! I''m determined not to let my spine rule my life anymore, and it''s not going to derail me when I''m trying so hard.

Skippy - Isn''t it wonderful when people notice that you''ve lost weight? I have found all the nice comments people have made this week to be very encouraging. I think a WW job would be a lot of fun, and would definitely keep you honest.

Well, I''m off to take my puppy for her walk. Unfortunately it''s raining, and she''s going to STINK like wet dog when we get back!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
degee, so glad you joined us!!! Yay on losing 29.5 lbs
36.gif
36.gif
You will do great at your weigh in!!! Yay for all your walking and walking your dog; they need exercise too. That is awesome you rescued a pup!!
36.gif
Yay for finally being able to point your toe, fantastic news!

ROD, I am glad you have such a good pt; sounds like he is listening to you. huge hugs.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I had cake class, then went out with my friend from class for supper and we chatted for quite some time; then I had 25 papers to grade when I got home and as you can see this is late even for me - so I am off to bed.
24.gif

Welcome Deegee, WOO HOO on losing 29.5 pounds.
36.gif

I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.
35.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!
35.gif
Wow -we are eating better than ever on WW, as far as taste goes! I usually make eggs in the morning, and have switched to egg beater omelettes that I LOAD up with veggies. I sauteed onions, mushroom and zucchini in garlic pepper last night and added them to the omelettes this morning along with some fat free feta. It was specatular!!!

Skippy- I love that feeling right when you come out of a haircut. It''s like a whole new outlook on life.
9.gif

Rod - I hope that your PT is able to help, along with a second opinion. Healing thoughts heading your way.

deegee - What a fabulous weight loss! Congrats! And I love the dee can point her toe story.
5.gif
That''s excellent.

Hi everyone else!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

So it''s Thursday. I''m not sure why, but I can''t wait for this week to end. On a good note, I start my group training class today. It consists of core exercises and lots of lateral movement. My former trainer is so into teaching women how to move laterally (is that a word?), because as she sees it, women tend to wear heels alot and don''t know how to really walk in them properly. Hmmm... This should be interesting. I''m really looking forward to this class, but I''m more so looking to get back into my fitness routine. I have to admit that I''ve been slacking off for the past month and would like to start going back at least twice a week. Today is my first dress fitting and I''m excited about that too.

marcyc, I hope you didn''t stay up too late. Although now that I read your post, I keep thinking about cake.
18.gif

bee, you''re awesome for getting up early and doing 2 hours of exercise. That''s the last thing on my mind when I wake up first thing in the morning.

tlh, I think that''s so nice that you and hubby run together. My FI and I are trying that now, but he''s having difficulty with his ankles and the support of his sneakers. We''re going to go to this store called Jack Rabbit where they evaluated what running shoes would be best for your body. Please let us know how the Yoga DVD works out for you; I''m very interested in trying stuff like that on the days I don''t go to the gym.

somethingshiny, I''m glad that everything''s okay and safe.

Skippy123, your dinner sounds so good. I think that''s what I''ll have tonight. I just got one of my first registry gifts, a slow cooker, and that sounds like the perfect meal to make with it.

rod, so sorry to hear about your encounter with the neurosurgeon. Saw you had a session with your PT last night. I''m glad that he''s so helpful and optimistic. And I''m glad you''re getting a second opinion.

geckodani, YAY for being commited to WW. I have a co-worker that start the program last year and he''s lost so much weight. I think having the support of a group of people in the same situation as you is so helpful in reaching your goal. As for the scale, this was the first hotel I stayed at that had a scale. You should''ve seen me; it was a true Planet of the Apes moment. I stared at it, picked it up, looked at it from across the bathroom... LOL! Then I weighed myself.

Have a great day guys!
35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
shiny - sorry about the tornado, but I''m glad you''re alright!

skippy - I can devastate a cupcake. Kudos to you to split it 3 ways!
9.gif

rod- glad he changed up his plan to work through all your troubled spots! I agree to go with a 2nd oppinion if you have clear questions and you''re not getting clear answers.

deegee- way to go on your 29# weight loss!!!!!!! I loved the story of your toes! Count life''s blessings everyday!

marcy- cake class just sounds like so much fun! Amazing how you can lose track of time with great converstation! I hope you got some sleep after all those papers! You are a warrior!

gecko - Breakie sounds yummers! I love having omlettes for supper!

diva - i''m interested in your fitness routine to improve the way you walk in heels? I''d love more info! I definately recommend working out with the spouse. Even though he is much fater than I am, he always has the strength to encourage me. But we can both walk... it is one of my favorite things to do.. because as we''re walking he can''t be distracted with anything else... and I have his complete attention for as long as we''re out!
31.gif

Everyone happy thursday!

Run was good, great in fact! Dinner was yummers. Today we''re having a grilled chx breast for lunch w/ some raw veggies as a side. Dinner is an interesting salad with grapes mandarin oranges and pecans! YUM! Did the biggest loser weightloss yoga dvd from Bob Harper. It is good for beginners to yoga. He gives clear instruction, and you have the option to mix up your workouts. He also gives tips to help you modify the moves if you are inflexible. (Runners are notorious for tight hammys!) This is better than our other Yoga DVD in that we can mix up the workouts a little easier. As far as the Weightloss Yoga goes in the title. It really does get you to sweat, and hold some power moves, but it is not a calorie burner. It is terrific for toning the body, and strengthening the muscles, but this would not replace any sort of cardio. My HR did not exceed 80... and for 30 minutes, I burned about 75 calories. Which is what I burn walking a mile at a strolling pace. (Note: Jillian Michaels 30 day shred also has a lot of compound movements and for the same amount of time, you get twice the calorie burn.) I''ll continue doing this because I do like yoga and the benefit of using my own body weight as resistance, and the mental clarity - but will not make this a sole workout routine.

"If we are strong, our strength will speak for itself. If we are weak, words will be of no help." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone! I didn''t get to the gym today as I was in work so early and then had to go to a mass as my friend''s granny died. The funeral is tomorrow and then I''m at work so I probably won''t get there tomorrow either. Bummer! Hope you all had a good day! Am quite tired so will post more tomorrow!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Helllooooooooo everyone! I really admire those of you who keep up with this thread every single week! You truly are an inspiration!! I am enjoying my extra free time from not having class anymore this summer and I seem busier than ever!

This will be a selfish post so I apologize in advance.

Not sure if you all remember, but I was trying to hit sub 20 minutes for this 2 mile race we run in every year. Welllll, it was last Saturday and my official time was 18:56! The bad news is according to the Hubs GPS watch and my Nike +, the course was short by .14 miles. I believe that is true b/c I didn''t feel like I was running THAT fast and honestly it just seemed short. So if I take my 18:56 and find a pace for 1.86 miles, I would have had a 10:10 pace. Now whoooo knows if I would have really picked it up at the end and quite possibly hit 19:59, but I was not on target for a sub 20. I am not really bummed though. I ran MUCH faster than last year (22:35) and ran relatively faster than my current 5k pace.

The best part about this race is afterwards there is a party in the bar (the race starts/ends at a bar) and you get free beer for an hour or so! So we drank a bit and I got this crazy idea we should run home. So me, and the 4 fastest guys in our group (finished between 12 & 15 minutes in the race) ran back to my parents house for another 2 miles for the day. 2 miles is pretty tough when you are a little tipsy, and trying to keep up with peeps much faster than you, but it was honestly fun.

anywho, I am actually running in another race this Sunday, and I am hoping the weather gods will be nice to me and get rid of the possible thunderstorms in the forecast. This race has the best scenery for beautiful shore houses and the yummiest breakfast afterward. Part of me thinks I''m in this running thing just for the food!

I am doing pretty well on the eating good front. I had a pretty bad month from mid June-mid July - too many parties and occasions, but the scale is going back in the right direction!

Hope everyone is doing well! Talk to you soon!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I hope you are having a great and healthy week.I am so looking forward to the end of the semester.I have been averaging 25 to 30 papers a night to grade. Ugh.

Cake class went well last night.I took the cake to work and it was gone by the time I came home today.

Tomorrow we are meeting the in-laws for supper.We are going to a baby shower this weekend but don’t have any other plans right now.

Bee, I guess your instructor really gives her class a workout when she’s in a bad mood.I can always work faster when I am angry.My hand is doing much better; it’s back to its normal ache but my right knee it screaming again.Rats.I was sorry to hear about your friend’s grandmother.

Geckodani, yay for your husband signing up for ww and striving to improve his health.Good luck to both of you.

Tlh, glad to hear you weathered the storm okay.I continue to send PS dust your way.Glad you had a cooler morning to run.Too funny on your hubs breaking your concentration. Glad you like the new dvd.

Somethingshiny, glad to hear you are safe after a tornado.Sorry to hear you cut your foot; I hope you are better now.

Skippy, did you get a new hairstyle or just a trim? I have an appointment Saturday morning and I am contemplating a change but don’t know what.Eating a third of a cupcake is like nothing calorie wise but still a treat.

Rod, glad your PT is trying a different direction for you and also that you are going to try a different neurosurgeon.

Deegee, did you make it past 30 at weigh in?I am so excited for you.Woo hoo for being able to point your toe again.

Diva, how did you your dress fitting go?Sorry for making you think about cake.I could tell I didn’t sleep enough today.Rats.I hope to make it to bed a bit earlier tonight.

Danielle, yay for a great time on your race.LOL at the race home.

Have a great evening.
35.gif

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, how are you? I am watching Law and Order before I head to bed. I went for a quick walk; I need to get some longer workouts in this weekend. I know I will. Tomorrow my neighbors and us are going to lunch but before that hubby and I need to clean up the garage! hehe
1.gif
have a great night!

GECKO, woo hoo for some taste healthy meals, yay for getting in your veggies w/your omlet, awesome! I don't like getting haircuts but I think I found a good hairdresser so I am happy about that and my hair is a lot better now. hehe I feel that way when I go to a dentist, the new outlook on life. hehe

DIVA, yay for your training class, awesome on the core!!! Oh you well have to teach us the heel walking; I fall over in the super high ones. hehe Yay for your dress fitting!
9.gif
I love slow cookers.

TLH, hehe about the cupcakes, they weren't so good so I didn't want more, maybe a good thing. ha! Yay, I love how healthy you eat; sounds delicious! mmm, to fruit and nuts! Good to know about the 2 biggest loser dvds; I own shred and the weight loss one.

BEE, I am so sorry about your friends grandma; I bet you are a huge comfort to your friend. huge hugs to you.

DANIELLE, that is FANTASTIC NEWS you super Runner you!!! OUTSTANDING
36.gif
36.gif
It is good to see you; I was wondering if you had any runs. I want to do another one in Sept. Hopefully someday I will be as fast as you, huge congrats!! haha about running home, I have a friend who is in a running drinking group; sounds like fun! hahah
31.gif

MARCY, Yay for going out with the in laws! Hope the papers go quick!!! isn't your walk coming up soon?
I did get a trim but about 1 inch so a little more than normal. Yay for a new haircut too!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone! Thanks so much for the welcome.

gecko - It''s great that your hubby is doing ww with you! I don''t feel like I''m missing out on anything, and I know I''m making much better food choices than ever before. Your breakfast sounds yummy. I wish I could get my rear in gear a little faster in the morning to make breakfast before work.

marcy - You''re taking a cake class? That sounds like fun! You have to have something fun to mix in with all of that paper grading. I hope you get to relax over the weekend.

Skippy - My hubby and I have been married for going on 15 years, and this is the first puppy we''ve ever had. She was rescued along with her mother and 5 siblings when she was a month old, and we adopted her when she was 3 months old. She''s 8 months now, and I absolutely adore her. She''s part border collie, and she has tons of energy. Hubby wasn''t thrilled with me taking her in, but right now she''s in his lap on her back getting a belly rub. I wish I had my camera.

diva - I really admire people who take classes. I just want to get home after work. Several of us who are doing the ww at work are trying to make the commitment to join Curves and go as a group at least 3 times a week.

tlh - Do you run every day? Wow. I''d love to try yoga. Several years ago a bought a yoga dvd for people with crappy backs. I never tried it and have no idea where the dvd ended up. I need to find it and give it a try.

bee - Hurray for getting up early to exercise! I barely drag into work as it is. I have grand plans of getting up early to take my puppy for a mile or two walk before I take a shower. Sorry about your friend''s granny.

danielle - How funny about the tipsy jog home! Have a great race on Sunday. I hope the weather straightens up for you.

I just got back from my walk. The storms stopped long enough for us to walk only one mile, and it is pouring buckets. I don''t mind walking in the rain, but not so much in thunder and lightening. Weigh in was great! I lost 2.5 pounds last week (for a total of 32), and I proudly strutted back to my office with my gold star. I''m doing the ww at work program, and my good friend who joined with me also hit the 30 pound mark today. We were so excited that it was almost impossible to get back to work. I''m going to buy myself a little gift this weekend . . . and some new pants. I need new pants.

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results