shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 24th August till 30th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I love reading how the little things make you realize what a big change you''ve accomplished. Like changing light bulbs etc. I make James change light bulbs. He barely does anything handy around the house, so I figure I''ll make him do easy stuff like change light bulbs. I love driving my dad''s big 250 truck. It''s a diesel with off road tires and and extended bed. My folks have a farm, so it''s fun.

TLH, Sorry your hubs is in more pain. I''m glad to hear he''s healing up. Aw, you''re niece''s birthday sounds great! As much as it sucked that your run got cut short, it gave your hubby a laugh :) I''m so impressed that the both of you are so active and healthy. I love crockpotting also. It makes making dinner so much easier. :) Where in the Midwest are you going to be?

Deegee, Well, woo hoo for the gold star even if you think it''s a false one. I''m glad you don''t feel bloaty anymore.

Rod, awesome for your workout! How''s sushi tonight?

Shiny, JT sounds HILARIOUS! I love that he has a girlfriend already. Mmmmm... those fresh nachos sounds delish!

Not doing anything today. I went on a REALLY short run before my wine night yesterday. today going to take it easy. Tomorrow I want to plan on yoga in the AM. I haven''t made dinner yet, so I still need to figure that out.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I am watching the shuttle launch that keeps getting put on hold.Night launches are awesome.We met the family for supper at Olive Garden.I brought home ½ of my supper but still had to get out some alka seltzer.Ugh; that kind and quantity of food doesn’t set well with me anymore.We all wandered around the mall afterwards.I dropped off my rhodolite garnet ring to be sized.I’ve had the same ring sized 3 times at a different store; first it was too big, then it was too small, then he made it bigger and it only fits me at night so after about $100 wasted there I decided to try a different jewelers.Grr.I didn’t even try on any PC rings.

Tlh, I dress in the dark sometimes in the winter.Marty sleeps in later than I do and I hate to turn on the lights and wake him up.I think if you wait for your DH to change the bulb you might wait awhile (based on my own experience of course).Yep for the weather varying that much in the Midwest; it’s definitely fall in my neck of the woods.

Somethingshiny, that is great your husband’s stitches will be coming out on Monday.Your trip to the county fair sounds great and yay for making a careful choice for a treat.

Lisa, glad you got in a nice run.The little things continue to amaze me even after reaching my goal over a year ago_Our truck sounds the same as your dad’s.Diesel, extended cab with the long bed.I swear that thing is gigantic.Marty added some extras to pull the 5th wheel.

Well, I am off to get ready for bed; I need to catch up on sleep.

Send my right knee some get better dust if you don’t mind.That sucker locked up on me again today and a few people nearby heard some choice words.It’s better tonight but very irritated.Rats.

Take care.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......Charlie got off work last night @ 9PM and then we met for sushi. We don't usually eat so late, so it was interesting to see the place was packed, but they found a table for us quickly and the owner of the restaurant wound up sitting with us for a while, which was nice. She's a really sweet lady. She made an observation about and without even having to ask, she commented that I had to be in less pain as it showed in my face. I guess I didn't realize that during the time my pain was extreme, it must have showed in my face? Today's going to be a regular Saturday. Charlie's off, so we're going to get ready soon and head out. We'll do our usual things.......have lunch, coffee, then the gym. Painwise, I'm feeling OK today. We're not sure what we're doing tonight. We might do a movie, or maybe just rent one and bring it home.

Marcy your comment about watching the shuttle brought back memories of the time we lived in Orlando in 1990 and on a summer night, we were floating on rafts in our pool when the shuttle launched and we just watched it from the pool. We lived about 40 miles from the Cape, but we could hear the rockets and see it like it was in our backyard. It was an amazing sight for sure. I'm sure we can see it from Tampa, but we never seem to. Oh and as much dust as you've given me for all my pain lately, I'm sending certified cargo loads your way my friend.........

I hope everyone's having a nice weekend so far. I'll check in later.........

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, cool with the shuttle launch. Y''know I lived in FL for 18 yrs, and my folks still live there, but I''ve never watched the shuttle launch live. I remember we used to see it from the ground in Miami, but that was about it for me. James wants to take a trip to watch one, there''s only a handful of launches left.

Rod, Sushi sounds wonderful. I''m glad your pain has subsided so much.

Today we cleaned the house. It looks fantastic!! James did a great job on the master bath. :) I''m hoping to hit yoga. As soon as James gets out of the shower, we''re going to start on our registry. That''s all for now. It''s the Chicago Accenture triathlon this weekend, so we couldn''t go on a bike ride. If James isn''t too hung over tomorrow, we''ll maybe go out to a suburb forest preserve and ride out there. :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, hubby and I went up the tram yesterday and did dinner overlooking the city. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!! Today I went to REI because they are having a sale on the bob revolution and my dad and I picked one out for my sister for the new baby; hopefully she will like this present. hehe

I have been walking but I think now that it is cooling off I will start back at the gym doing some more weights to get toning. HAPPY SATURDAY
36.gif

TLH, sending prayers your way; I hope your hubby feels better soon.

MARCY, oh my gosh I get so sick at the Olive Garden, Chili's, Outbacks, etc; I agree they use way too much salt. I hear you on those places; hope you feel better soon. Awesome on the launch!!! hope the knee feels better soon.

ROD, glad the leg is getting better little by little friend, hugs. Sorry Charlie worked so late but yay for Sushi!!!

LISA, yay for cleaning; I bet it feels good to clean out stuff!!! Hope you get to bike ride and yay for yoga!

DEEGEE, yay for a good weigh in!!!
36.gif

DIVA, you are so incredible sweet, beautiful lady! I hope you sleep well this weekend! glad your shower was fun but you know what those things that go wrong tend to be funny later and make for good stories; hehe about wedding night tips from your grandma.
9.gif
YAAY for your wedding coming up!!!!!! You are going to be a gorgeous bride.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I hope you are having a fun and healthy weekend.

We slept in late and I actually slept enough to wear my contacts for the first time in a few weeks.Woo hoo.It was great to see.I made pancakes and bacon for breakfast.I had a list of errands to run but we decided to meet some friends for lunch about 50 miles away then went shopping.I tried really hard to find some jewelry to buy but they didn’t have what I was looking for.Of course I saw at lot of things I liked.I did get a pair of good feet inserts and did really well with them.They made some muscles in my legs a little achy but my feet feel pretty good and we walked around a lot today.

Rod, that is great to hear the owner of the sushi restaurant noticed you were feeling better.How cool you got to see the shuttle launch so close.I would love to see one sometime. Thanks for the dust for my knee it must have helped.It was very stiff when I got up and got painful on the car ride down and back today but it was barely noticeable when I walked today.It didn’t catch or lock up on me once.

Lisa, I was just thinking last night I hope the Russian’s can continue taking people and supplies to the space station or they’ll have to bring everyone back to Earth.That would be kind of sad.Yay for a clean house.Have fun working on your registry.

Skippy, I bet the view for dinner was amazing.It’s funny how rich food like that just doesn’t set well with us anymore – but that is a good thing too.My knee and stomach are much better today.Thanks.

I had about a dozen papers to grade tonight.

Sleep well.

35.gif

Marcy

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
We just got back from the creek. It was a little chilly but there''s no workout like trudging through thick, wet sand! We''re trying to get in one more hike before it gets too cold. Obviously we can hike throughout the fall, but our favorite place has lots of streams through it that you have to cross. Actually, they''ve had a few emergency calls there recently. We haven''t gone lately because of my foot and then we had so much rain we knew the currents would be treacherous. However, it appears that others really didn''t put in that much thought. Luckily, everyone will be fine. I just hope they don''t start shutting the park due to stupidity.
20.gif

My mom is growing a bunch of veggies and I have loads of jalapenos and other stuff so I think I''ll be making some chili. YAY for chili! I think it''s my favorite food. You know, now that cheesecake is out of the running...

tlh~ I hope your DH is doing well!!

Hi, everyone. Have a great day!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It's been a nice quiet Sunday for me. I haven't been in much pain today, which is just a miracle. I have to do my stretches soon, which often cause a bit of pain, so I've been enjoying being pretty much pain free for as long as possible. Charlie's still at work, but should be home soon. The only thing I accomplished today was having my car washed. It's rained almost every day for weeks so it was nice to have a dry day. Dinner was fun. I went to Fresh Market and was walking aroung the seafood counter, when I saw them. Steamed crabs! What a treat and I bought every single one they had. They were small, but really good. Just a nice appetizer, so I also grilled a sirloin steak (I have enough leftover to have after my workout Tuesday night) and had a couple ears of whilte corn. Dessert was two pieces of dark chocolate. I may have a fresh peach for a treat. Tomorrow's monday, so we'll meet for sushi after work.

Yay for a clean house Lisa. I hope you and James were able to get in a bike ride.........

I'll bet dinner overlooking the city was beautiful Skippy. Florida is flat flat flat. No hills or trams here. Good for you deciding to head back to the gym.

Woo Hoo for sleeping in Marcy. I sleep great on Friday and Saturday nights and so enjoy sleeping in till around 9:30 or so. But, I never sleep well on Sunday nights. Maybe it's because I'm so well rested from two good nights sleep, or maybe it's the dread of starting a new week. I'm glad the dust helped an you barely noticed any knee pain today.

I'm glad you had fun at the creek SS. Seem odd to hear about doing anything before it gets too cold. That's certainly not something we think about down here.......LOL Yummm to chili with home grown veggies!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. See you in next week's thread.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results