shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 23rd June till 29th June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy!
35.gif

I also can''t wait to start my gem specimen collection
31.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 7:15:15 PM
Author: coatimundi
Thanks Skippy!
35.gif

I also can't wait to start my gem specimen collection
31.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went for a 30 min walk this evening, it wasn''t quite as hot as expected since it rained earlier this afternoon.

Skippy, your pizza sounds yummy!

Miscka, Welcome to HLT! Did anything helpful show up the those allergy tests? I had some problems recently with allergies (rashes on my face) I think it was a combo of seasonal pollen and eating oranges. Anyway you have come to the right place for guidance. Check out Ellie Krieger on the food network she has some healthy recipes that are pretty good.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
PG, I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs* My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

ETA: And Marcy, WOW! Way to go!

I'll try to hop on here later and post more--it's a busy time!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
PG, I am so very sorry for your loss. Words never seem to suffice during such painful times, but please know all of our sympathies are with you, and if there''s anything we can do, we''d be happy to.

CJ, I actually enjoy summer school. It''s a short day, only 4 hours, in an ASD classroom at the school where I spent a lot of time prior to student teaching. I''m just relieved to have graduated and ready to move on with my life.

School was great today, it''s fun to be back in action. I worked out this afternoon. Tomorrow I''ll do the same. I made stirfry for dinner and that''s all she wrote.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 2.4 mile walk w/my cousin!!! The pizza was yummy; it was thin crust w/basil and the fresh mozzarella. hehe Sweet Dreams all
35.gif

Kimi, glad you are enjoying school!!!

Apple, whooo hooo for your walk! Anymore Ellie recipes, they are good!
3.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you enjoyed the day. I made homemade pizza for supper (my diamond crusted griddle makes the BEST pizza pan). We had some more Reese’s pieces / M&M candy on our slow churned (again I had 6). I also walked on the treadmill tonight.
Thanks Lorelei! I am so close I can hardly stand it.
Ellen, I probably walked around with a big grin on my face all day. Thanks.
Coati, your class sounds so fun. Good luck on your final. If you get everything right to you get to keep them? Tee hee. Colored gems sounds like more fun though. Thank you for sharing in my happiness.
Thanks, Kimi. I am glad you had a great day at summer school.
PhoenixGirl, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I am sending you a big hug. I think it’s a good idea to try a different counselor the one you’ve been seeing doesn’t sound like much help. My thoughts are with you and your family in this very difficult time. Maybe just drop the CD off at the counselors and cancel the appointment. I hope you have a peaceful time at the beach house. Glad you had a nice long walk.
Dragonfly, good luck in your job search and dealing with the stress in your life.
Thanks, Crown Jewel. Yay for getting down to 103 pounds, that is awesome.
Bee, glad you are enjoying your kitchen and getting to cook. Yes, I am very excited. Marty is doing a little bit better tonight.
Steph, have fun with your friends and the wedding this weekend.
Rod, thanks for the kind words. I am truly continuing to shrink and like it a lot. Marty says thanks for wishing him well. He just went to bed but seems to be feeling better. That’s great your new boss seems so nice and how cool to start a new trend at work.
Appletini, your yoga class sounds fun. I should look in to trying some yoga.
Welcome Miscka, I am glad to hear you are doing well with your new eating routine. I have a lot of food allergies too and they are so hard to figure out what food group does what and of course there are always the weird things that happen from combinations of different foods.
Skippy, great minds think alike, eh? I made pizza too. I am glad your mom is doing great. Yay for getting in some nice walks.
Thanks, Lady Pirate.
Good night! Sleep well and have a great Wednesday.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a really long and productive workout at the gym this afternoon. And I was lucky enough to get one of the two ellipticals I"ve found are really nice to use, so that was a nice bonus. It was funny to come home from the gym and Charlie not be here. The Restoration Hardware store is actually directly across from the gym, but I didn't want to stop in as he was in training and hecertainly didn't need me to visit on his first night. He got home a little past 10 and seemed to enjoy the session. He'll be working all day on Friday, but fortunately will be off in time to have our regular Friday night sushi, froyo and coffee. Nothing much else to report. Tomorrow's another gym day for me. Charlie has to be at work at 3 PM, so I don't know if he'll be able to go to the gym, but will be off at a reasonable time and we can at least have dinner. With me working regular hours and him working retail hours, it will be a major change from the last few months for sure. We'll see how well this works out.

I'm glad you enjoyed yoga today Apple!

I'm glad you all enjoyed your dinner so much bee* Yes, I guess it's funny that I started a headset craze at work already!

Welcome Miscka. I hope you enjoy our family here and get as much from the friendships we've got. I love my healthy PS family!

You're most welcome coat!!

I'm glad your mom is doing so well Skippy. Yummm, the pizza sounded terrific. We only have pizza once in a blue moon these days. Maybe we'll have some in the next few weeks.

Hey LP!!

That's terrific that you enjoyed being back in school Kimberly!

So Marcy you made homemade pizza tonight too, eh? OK, now I want a slice of pizza for sure. I'm glad Marty is feeling better!

I guess that'll do it for me for the day. Sweet dreams everyone!

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
PG, I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. Words fail me. Please accept my deepest sympathies. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Glad you went on your walk. Sometimes getting out and getting your heart pumping can help a little. Take good care of yourself.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all. I''m feeling a bit better emotionally today. Last night I got encouragement from many women I know who always help me boost my morale. I cried it out afterwards and I''m ok today. I got up, went jogging, did my core rhythms and afterwards realized that OUCH I''ve pulled something in my knee
7.gif
. I took an off step jogging when I hit a rain rut in the dirt, that might have been what caused it. So I was done after that, but plan to do some soothing stretching yoga tonight. I''m also going to try to get in something while at SO''s mother''s (though I also plan to pick wild blackberries while we are there too). I''m down to 127 even YAY so I''ve lost a grand total of 23 lbs since January and that''s exciting for me! Tomorrow I Plan to do Core Rhythms (It''s good cardio) and then do sculpting for the rest of the morning. I''ve discovered the beauty of rice cakes as well, numnumnum.

PG - I am soo soo sorry for your loss. I''m sure it is hard to go through losing such a close loved one, and no one can understand fully how that affects you. Please know that we are all thinking of you. I''m glad you are starting with a new councilor, the other sounds a bit too....umm..... head in the cloudsish? You need to be able to discuss how to grieve and cope with your feelings, not what the meaning of sadness is. I hope the new councilor helps you more!

I hope everyone is having a great week and day today. Seems like everyone''s a tad quiet. Lets boost it up and get to work on our workouts and try to stay cheerful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, you should make some homemade pizza - it''s great and you can making it easily in an acceptable calorie range. I put little pieces of canadian bacon and pineapple on my portion. Marty''s side had lots of pepperoni.

Hi Kathy.

Dragonfly, ouch for hurting your knee - I hope it gets better soon. I am glad you had a good cry last night and feel a bit better this morning about things.

Well, I must go back to work. Rats.
39.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

FI and I went for our menu tasting at the French restaurant where our wedding will be. The fine print in the Healthy Lifestyle Manual does say that it's ok to stuff yourself at your wedding menu tasting right? 6 different types of wine. 8 hors d'oeuvres each. An appetizer for him and one for me. Plus a vegetarian appetizer for us to share. Salads for each of us. Fish entree for me, and steak entree for him. Plus a vegetarian entree to share (red pepper and smoked mozzarella ravioli). We ate like two ravioli out of 6 or 7. THEN...cappuccino and wedding cake for me. Wedding cake for him. And our crazy waiter was really showing us how much he loved us...he brought out a MASSIVE souffle for us to share.

I wonder how much all that food weighed inside my tummy.
6.gif

My cousin invited me to an unlimited week of yoga for $23. It's only bikram yoga aka hot yoga. I think I'll go for the beginner class on Sunday and then do a week with my cousin. Should be fun! And definitely a good deal.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........

Charlie's still at work and I've got a meatloaf (with carrot, mushroom, onion and spinach) in the oven. I fixed sliced sweet potato and carrots with butter (a heart healthy spread of course), lemon pepper and cinnamon for flavor. He went to work at 3, but will off and heading home about now. We had breakfast on the terrace and good old fashioned turkey and swiss cheese sandwiches for lunch. Then of course we headed out for coffee at Sbucks, before he headed to work and I headed to the gym. I had a really nice workout and got my favorite elliptical again. I'm surely going to miss working out during the day. Night time at our gym is bedlam, but I used to work out at night, and I'm sure I'll get used to it again. Charlie's off tomorrow, so we'll both be able to workout in the afternoon together. It seems funny not to be in job hunt mode. I did hear that my former boss, the one who laid me off in January, got the axe today. It continues to remind me that other than the paycheck, there isn't a single thing I miss about my previous company.

I guess I could make my own pizza Marcy, but we have this absolutely wonderful pizzaria near us. For us, it's just a super treat to have pizza and we only go about once every 3 months, which makes it extra special!

I'm glad you've got such good friends to help you through this difficult time Dragon. I'm sorry to see that you pulled something in your knee. I hope it heals quickly. Best to let it rest for a while before putting any strain on it.

CJ, your menu tasting marathon sounded like a lot of fun. Best to just remember how much fun it was and how enjoyable. Best not to think about the amount of food or calories you consumed. And of course the fine print in the HLM does say it's ok to stuff yourself for special occassions!! LOL

Not many posts today. I hope it means everyone's having a great day and doing other things besides hanging out by their computer! CYA later...........

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I am taking a day off from working out. This morning I got my teeth cleaned, I was worried about maybe getting a cavity since I never had one and they warned me my last check up I might be getting one but they said I am doing good. hehe Tonight we will probably have spinach salad and chicken ravioli, nothing as yummy as CJ's meal.
2.gif
hehe Do you have leftovers CJ?
3.gif

CJ, you are making me hungry, you should have taken all of us with you; we could have helped you out!!! hehe

Rod, enjoy your week off!!! Glad Charlie will spend Sushi Friday w/you! Your meal sounds wonderful, send some over!! hehe

Marcy, do you put your diamond griddle in the oven? Or how does it work? Do you have a link to it? I use a Pampered Chef pizza stone, you have me intrigued. hehe Yes, great minds
1.gif

Hi Kathleen and Ladypirate!

Dragonfly, yikes, I hope your knee is okay, yay for losing weight!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday all!

Well I got right out of bed this morning and put my workout clothes on straight away so I could go RIGHT to the gym... and it took me 8 hours to actually make it there! (About two hours into it I had to take my workout bra off though because I felt like I was being hugged by a very large angry python LOL.) I did do 20 mins on the elliptical, 10 mins on the bike, and 30 mins on the treadmill once I got there.

I was also kind of an eating machine today... yogurt, nectarine, soup, baked lays, left over Chinese food, Healthy Choice fudgecicle.... but for dinner I''m just having a large bowl of grapes and raspberries (and an equally large glass of nice French chardonnay to go with it
9.gif
).

My lastest obsession is the idea of a personal trainer. I almost went down that path last summer right before my surgery, but I never got around to it. Well one of my clients has recommended one that she is working with and she just loves her, so I think I''m going to give it a whirl. How many times a week is reasonable to meet with a PT? I was thinking two but I have a lot of small travel planned over the next few months and I wonder if once a week is too infrequent?

PG, I haven''t had the opportunity to say yet that I am very very sorry for your loss. Biggest hugs outgoing to you and your family.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Marcyc! They should let us keep them! haHA! It's a 5 stone exam, and I've been wanting a 5 stone ring. They're around 30pointers too--perfect size!
9.gif
The colored gems final is 20 stones! What I could do with 20 new colored gems!

soooo, my husband's birthday is tomorrow, and I got him red velvet cupcakes--I got an extra...just to test them out yanno? Passed with flying colors!
18.gif
It's hard to be good around birthdays. I'm going to try eat better next week.
17.gif

Good job at the dentist Skippy!heehee

Sorry about your knee Dragonfly! I hope it feels better soon!

Good job on your productive workout yesterday, Rob!

PG I hope you had a great day today.

Have a great night everyone!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I hope you had a great day. I was down 4/10 of a pound so now I have 1.5 pounds to go. Woo hoo! I came home for lunch and made a grilled cheese sandwich and had it with some baked lays. Of course I got distracted looking online and burned one side of it. Rats. Oh well, it was still tasty. For supper we cooked burgers on the grill, had some peas and some frozen French fries. We just had our slow churned and finished off our baggy of Reese’s pieces and M&M’s. Too funny those lasted us 4 days.
Crown Jewel, I am sure tasted all that yummy food for your wedding was really fun and those calories don’t count.
Rod, I am sure it’s a nice feeling to not be hunting for a job. Enjoy your afternoon at the gym tomorrow with Charlie. The neighborhood pizzeria sounds great. I’ve gotten to the point where most real pizzas are too greasy for me.
Skippy, I do put my diamond embedded griddle in the oven. It is a double burner griddle that can go in the oven as well. This was the cheapest price I found it for doing a quick search. I really, really like it. ETA: The griddle is really heavy so that is why I tried it for pizza - it makes the crust really crispy without burning it. I usually sprinkle a little corn meal on the griddle like they do at a pizzeria and the pizza never sticks.
Dee Jay, good idea to try a personal trainer. I might look in to one someday when I am not teaching a lot of classes.
Have a great evening.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coati, tell your husband happy birthday for us. The 20 gemstone test sounds really fun. You''ll have to let us know what stones they have on the test (after you ace it, of course).

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well no exercise for me today, had planned to walk/jog but DH had a really bad so we met up for dinner (instead of having boring chicken and frozen veggies at home), and I wanted to look nice for him so he could have one good thing to look forward to. Tomorrow is my PT so I will definitely make up for it.

CJ, I love bikram yoga, wish I could go more often. Anyway just make sure that you are very hydrated before class, and OMG if you go everyday for a week, you will be so amazed how quickly your body will change for the better in so many ways. Can''t wait to hear how it goes.

skippy, I''m going to the dentist on Fri and I love getting my teeth cleaned.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I hope you enjoyed your day off from exercise.

Apple, I hope you and hubby enjoy your night out. Sometimes life gets in the way of exercise, and that''s okay.

Dragon, sorry about your knee, and that you''re feeling down. Hope things improve soon.

Rod, I hope Charlie is liking his new job. It would be a fun place to work, but different after being in the corporate world for so long.

Marcy, you little champ you, with 1.5 pounds to go! I''m your personal cheering section.

School was good today, but hard. The physical demands of working with these student is an adjustment. Today I had a child hit me, another get ahold of my hair and he had to be pried off of me by another teacher, and finally a boy who was so determined to climb a bookshelf that he knocked me and it over in the process. I wish I had some magic solution to provide these little ones with the ability to communicate so they don''t have to resort to exhibiting behaviors to get what they need.

Came home, took a nap, worked out, ate a yummy dinner. I''m finishing up a glass of wine and getting ready to crawl into bed. Tomorrow I have work and then a hair appt.

Have a good one, all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The meatloaf turned out just perfect as did the veggies. And I timed it so it was ready when Charlie got home from work. Doesn''t that sound funny? After dinner we went to the closer Sbucks and it was breezy and cool tonight for a change. We were still hungry when we got home, so I popped some popcorn and we just watched drivel on TV.

I hope you enoyed your day off from working out Skippy. Dinner sounded really good too! I''m glad you didn''t have a cavity.

DeeJay, you know how much we liked having a trainer. If we could afford it, we would still have a trainer. When we had our trainer, we had a one hour session once a week with him. Plus, we worked out on our own four additional days each week. The best advice I can offer is to meet with your trainer and let her know what you want to accomplish and together you can create a schedule that works for your goals. I think you''ll like having a trainer a lot.

Yummmm, red velvet cupcakes sound wonderful Coat. Good idea getting an extra one just to make sure they weren''t bad......LOL I hope your husband has a great birthday.

Wow Marcy, only 1.5 pounds to go. Marty should take you someplace really special to celebrate that milestone whe you get there, which by the way you lose, should be this weekend!!!

Not sure what your hubby had (I think you left out the word, headache maybe?), but I hope it wasn''t too bad Apple. I''m like you about the dentist. I love having my teeth cleaned too. I go every three months (my teeth stain easily and I drink a LOT of coffee as you''ve likely seen from my daily visits to Sbucks).

Kimberly, your school day certainly sounded challenging to say the least. It''s amazing how you can handle these kids for sure. Charlie is enjoying his new job so far. Next week he gets to handle a delivery of products, which should be interesting. If only they paid even a remotely decent wage. At least it''s something to do until something more permanent (and better paying) comes along.

Sleep well everyone.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appletini, I am glad you had a nice evening and hopefully it cheered up your DH.
Kimi, thanks for being my personal cheering section.
1.gif
Wow, you had quite a day at school. You might have to start wearing some bubble wrap to school. I hope you didn’t get hurt in any of the scuffles.
Rod, we both did good on getting supper ready on time today. The peas were just getting done in the microwave when Marty pulled up. It couldn’t have been better timing. I am glad your meatloaf turned out perfect. I sure hope to get the last 1.5 pounds off by Sunday morning. We are headed off on our vacation that day so I’ll have to be really, really careful not to come home a few pounds heavier. I am probably going to take my scale and my food scale – of course Marty will think I’m CRAZY if I back both of them in the trailer.
9.gif
I am delighted to hear Charlie is enjoying his job.
Sweet Dreams!
35.gif

Marcy

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
DJ, I can see you having a BLAST with your trainer. I learned my lesson after talking to the folks here. My trainer was a total fuddy duddy. She treated me like I was a porcelain doll. I had to kick her butt in order to get her to kick my butt. Ugh. I guess it depends on what you''re looking for. I was looking for pain. Hahahaha. I had a 1 hour session once a week. But since I was not yet in a frequent gym-going-routine, I think twice a week may have been better for me. I think that the right trainer will help you assess your needs. My fuddy duddy trainer kept trying to convince me that I was nuts for wanting to feel sore after a workout. But really, she just wasn''t capable of working me hard enough.

Skippy, that menu tasting would have been 1000% better if my Healthy friends were with me. We would have so much fun!

Marcy, I had forgotten about that clause in the Manual about special event calories counting for only 1% of their actual calories. Good thinking!

Kimi, you had a rough day. But it seems like you always look back on each day with your students with pride. We can wish lots and lots that they can learn to communicate verbally instead of physically...but I guess if you were to speak their language, a hug from you while they pull your hair could mean something? I''ve never had an opportunity to work with ASD students, but I''m hoping you will tell me all about it!

Appletini, oooooooooh I''m so glad you chimed in about bikram yoga. I started changing my mind tonight, but the fact that you think it''s a good idea has convinced me to do it. At least for one week right? They also have this deal where you can buy a 1 month unlimited pass and go as much as you want. If you can do 30 sessions in 30 days, you get a discount on your next package as well as a bunch of other fun stuff. Could be cool, huh?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, didn''t get to post yesterday as I had to work 7am until 9pm-two of the other nurses were sick so I had to stay and do overtime. Ah well, what can you do! I''m on a day off today and I have to go out and try and buy furniture. I''m going to go to the gym with my sister and then do a bit more shopping, so nothing really productive is happening today!

Miscka-welcome! Well done on starting to lose the weight. That''s great that you''re walking your puppy a lot! What breed is he?

Hi Skippy-your homemade pizza sounds yummy! Glad that you enjoyed your walk!

Marcy-glad that Marty is feeling a bit better.

Rod-that must have been so strange not to have Charlie there when you came home! I''m delighted to hear that he enjoyed the orientation though. Good to hear that he can still do sushi night though!

Whoops just got a call from the furniture shop so will finish posting later! Bye!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning.
35.gif
OMG!!!! I have lost 159 pounds now and am 9/10 of a pound away from my goal.
36.gif
Woo hoo!!! I am so motivated to get that off before we go on vacation.
CJ, rats for having a fuddy duddy trainer. Glad I was able to help by reminding you of the reduced caloric values in such circumstances. Of course getting your body and scale to go along; well that’s another thing.
1.gif

Bee, enjoy your day off and have fun shopping for furniture. Marty was teasing me at about a normal pace last night so I am sure he’s almost well.
Have a great day. That big silly grin you’ll see coming from the Rocky Mountains will be me.
9.gif

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2008 8:48:53 AM
Author: marcyc
Good morning.
35.gif
OMG!!!! I have lost 159 pounds now and am 9/10 of a pound away from my goal.
36.gif
Woo hoo!!! I am so motivated to get that off before we go on vacation.
CJ, rats for having a fuddy duddy trainer. Glad I was able to help by reminding you of the reduced caloric values in such circumstances. Of course getting your body and scale to go along; well that’s another thing.
1.gif

Bee, enjoy your day off and have fun shopping for furniture. Marty was teasing me at about a normal pace last night so I am sure he’s almost well.
Have a great day. That big silly grin you’ll see coming from the Rocky Mountains will be me.
9.gif

Marcy
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
manybounce.gif

trampo.gif
Happy%20dancing%20guy.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Lorelei. I appreciate it.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Quick check in to say: GO MARCY, GO! That''s so awesome!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY MARCY!!!!!! we are SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!

Just a quick check in. Nothing new here. We didn''t go on vacation. Still smoke in the air.

Rod: So glad Charlie likes his job. I do hope you like yours too, when you start on Monday.

Hi everyone
35.gif

Will post more later.

Linda

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to everyone for their kind words and thoughts.

OK, ironically I had a much better experience with the first counselor today. She had toned down her Saturday Night Live-esque manner of asking questions. And I even found the CD thing she wanted me to listen to somewhat helpful (it turns out there were no images to watch -- those are supposed to be in your head). When I downloaded it into iTunes it said the genre was New Age, so you can imagine what the CD was like, but like I said, it did help me relax somewhat.

So who knows what to do. I can''t see the first one again for another three weeks (the new counselor is in two weeks), and I don''t know if the new counselor will be able to fit me in on a regular basis. So I''m thinking I''ll see the new person, find out about her availability, and decide then.

This counselor makes me feel very competent in how I handle life because when issues such as toxic people or feeling left out come up, the answer is always that I''ve set boundaries, asked for what I wanted, etc. But it''s nice just to have someone to listen. Now that the numbness is wearing off it''s important to work through the pain, and I can use all the help I can get with that.

I''m going to do a Firm video now and then eat lunch and pack for a week at the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results