shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 21st Dec till 27th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

I just wanted to wish my HLT family the happiest of Holidays! I appreciate you all and I am so grateful for the support and friendships we have here, our little group is the BEST!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks for having me and reading my musings every week, it means a lot to me. I wish all who post and even just read the thread the very best the season has to offer!
35.gif

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
emotion-19.gif
emstar.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
slider_grouphugg.gif
THIS IS A GREAT GROUP and so supportive, YAY!!!! Thanks a million for getting us off to a great start each week LORELEI; you are the best!!!
thankyou.gif

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
christmas%20smiley.gif
be safe out there with all the holiday drivers! Today I need to do some last minute shopping and then I meet dear friend for lunch. It is suppose to be 54 degrees so I will get a walk in and some core work (planks), etc. I am excited because hubby and I are making a healthy Christmas meal for my family, yay! Last night hubby and I went to the trivia bar game which was fun to hang out with friends and test our random knowledge (a lot of it was holiday music). hehe Have a great Monday and holiday week friends!!!
35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei- happy holidays to you too!

skippy- have fun shopping, and so glad trivia was about christmas music! sounds delightful!

Everyone Happy Monday!
35.gif
Went on a run this morning w/ the little guy. I could hear the coyotes howling, and they made my poochie a bit nervous... which doesn''t make for a fun running companion. This weekend was awesome. Turns out my hubs won 2nd place in the santa race for being so good looking! So that was neat. We got a gift card to Sushi Roku as the prize and ended up eating there after our long run Saturday. We ate some really nummy stuff - and then had a frozen mai thai at a restaurant across the street from our house for dessert. It was delish, but after running for so long it didn''t take much to push me into loopyness. Though when I''m in the really high mileage weeks, I get really stupid. I literally run the brains out of myself. I become very forgetful - which stinks. I totally forgot to call my SIL on her bday. That made me feel bad. But I didnt forget the card or gift - sigh. Though it is more about the thought than the gift. Guilt stinks! Tonight I''m making an easy 3 bean soup for supper. Yum!

"Narrator: Behave yourselves, because Santa can still look into his magic snowball and see just what you''re up to. And now that you know all about him, you can be darn sure that come snow or high water, Santa Claus is comin'' to town! "
Santa Claus Is Comin'' to Town

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, thanks for starting us off each week with your motivational, thought provoking and heart felt words. We appreciate it.
taverymuch.gif
rockon2.gif

Skippy, have fun shopping and having lunch with a friend. Yay for healthy Christmas dinner.
36.gif

Tlh, sorry the coyotes worry your dog. We used to go to a place about 10 miles south of town for star parties and there was a guy who was from Georgia and we'd hear coyotes howling in the distance and it always freaked him out. I thought it was kind of funny a grown man was afraid of coyotes. Congratulations to your husband for winning for being so good looking. So is Mr. TLH a hunk?
9.gif
Sorry you forgot to call your SIL. I ventured down that path years ago calling family on their birthdays and now I wish I hadn't started that because they call us and Marty HATES to talk on the phone plus like you say if you forget there is always the guilt.

I want to echo what everyone has already said. Have a VERY Merry Christmas and a wonderful and safe holiday season.
christmas%20smiley.gif
rolleyes_4_2.gif
wreath01.gif
dancing_penguin.gif
1899444qb0bmpwy3v.gif

This Group is the BEST.
35.gif

Marcy

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in to say Merry Christmas to all of you!!!

I''ve been baking this weekend and have lots more to do over the next couple of days. As I was finishing my 7th dozen of cut-outs my little sis called and asked if she could come over and I could show her how to make cut-outs!! She already bought the ingredients but never actually made them so her quantities were a bit off. Our recipe calls for 1 c of sour cream, she brought over 2 12 oz containers, 4 lbs of powdered sugar (to make the icing) and lots and lots of butter. I couldn''t help but laugh thinking about the 10,000 calorie cookies she was planning on! But, when all was said and done, she had some great cookies to present to her boyfriends family and I got to keep all the extra ingredients.

Lorelei~ You are a wonderful member of the PS community, and especially here. I hope you know that we all appreciate you starting off our weeks with an insightful health-oriented thread. Merry Christmas!

Skippy~ lol about the random knowledge. I think that''s a great compatibility! Yay for healthy Christmas dinner!!

tlh~ Cool that your husband placed in the Santa race! My sis says she feels stupid after a really rough week, too. Don''t feel guilty about your SIL. I barely remember to call, and I don''t do a card or a gift. You''re a way better SIL than me!!

Marcy~ I hope you''re enjoying your vacation!! Have lots of fun with your hubby!!

Hey, Rod! Hope you''re getting closer to a contract!!

Hello, lliang, deegee, CJ, and everyone!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......Happy Monday and Christmas Week! It was a long day at work. But sushi tonight was really good, then I stopped off at Sbucks on my way home and got a couple cups of decaf. Charlie had stopped at a gourmet chocolate shop (where they make all their chocolate themselves) and he bought a few pieces of dark chocolate with dried cherries and almonds (yummmm to the max!). Tomorrrow is my last day at work this week. WOO HOO!! Since I'm off Wednesday, I'm going to go during the afternoon as opposed to after work tomorrow night. Besides, Charlie has to work till nearly midnight again on Wednesday.

I've attached really cute Christmas link. It's funny!! Just type in any Christmas song and see what the little puppets do. Also, type in any non-Christmas song (I typed in Happy Birthday) and you'll get a kick out of the response. One of the funniest I typed in was Jingle Bell Rock... they forget the words half way through.

http://www.sundog.net/carolofthechins/flash/card.swf

Lorelei, your healthy family owes you such a debt of gratitude for getting us off to a positive start week after week after week. Without fail, you take the time to open it up and you are so very thoughtful with your timely and oh so appropriate subjects. I for one am so glad to be a part of this wonderful and supportive community and even though I really don't have that much new to say, I still look forward to seeing what everyone's been up to and saying hey each day. It also helps me be accountable, so thanks to everyone for that! Merry Merry Christmas Dear Friend. I know the New Year's going to bring you health, happiness and a terrific new job for someone we know!!!

Marcy, you're family holiday sounded like fun and how cute about the soda and your nephew!

Wow Skippy, I think we may have been slightly cooler than you were today. I hope you took advantage of the great weather and did get in a good walk. Yay for a healthy Christmas dinner. We're doing our typical Maine Lobsters, Soft Shell Clams (also known as steamers, ipswich or soft shell clams), home made cole slaw, and of course.......my once a year piece of chocolate cake!!! I really can't wait for my chocolate cake. I already ordered two slices. One just plain chocolate cake with fudge icing for me and one chocolate perpermint for Charlie. The cake is homemade and to die for. I'll probably take two nights to eat my piece!!!

I'm not sure I'd be too happy hearing coyotes while running tlh!! Your weekend sounded great. How cool that the hubs took 2nd place in the santa race and you both enjoyed the sushi prize!! I'm sure your SIL understood. You've been so busy lately.

OK........Since I won't be going to the gym tomorrow night, I'll have time to check in earlier. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
marcy-
9.gif
Does hunk imply beefcake? If so, than no, but he''s a LOOKER! Ha, that would make me laugh too! A grown man afraid of coyotes. They are more afraid of us than anything. So true, I''m just like Marty, not really too fond of talking on the phone... so it is always weird... so I''m like yeah, look at all my stuff! haha. marcy I hope you hve a very merry christmas, and that you and marty have a nice relaxing holiday. Enjoy the time w/ your loved ones, and I hope your mother is have some better days. **healing dust**

shiny- yeah, I tend to think about calories too. But when it is the holidays, I just call them signs that I''m loved. A calorie is no more than a unit of energy... so I just try to get extra busy, and DANCE - and walk a lot - and LAUGH my little sides off! Weird thing is, I actually eat more when I''m alone than when I''m with others - because I don''t talk w/ my mouth full... and am usually so manic running around I forget to eat! But I never forget to drink... which can be my downfall.
15.gif
So when I''m being smart, I''ll just have a diet drink - and just dance the night away! Of course, that isn''t your problem- with your bun! Happy holidays, and enjoy the time w/ family and friends!

Rod- our man of steel! Sushi and chocolate sound divine! I hope charlie isn''t worked too hard this week! Enjoy your time off, it is certainly well deserved! How cute! Thanks for the link! Merry Christmas to you and all your loved ones! Enjoy your workout- and the R&R!

Everyone, Happy Tuesday! Things are great with me. Work is keeping me busy. My husband keeping me happy! It is only 3 days until Christmas and I''m still waiting on 2 gifts for my husband to arrive. *twiddles thumbs* he is taking it in stride because he knows I''m not a gift buying procrastinator... and is happy that the love will keep coming after 12-25. "it will help keep christmas alive all year long!" His attitude is so awesome it made me smile. He says my gift is coming in installments, and he has to put it together... so I wonder what he is getting me! I love homemade ones! I got to talk w/ SIL and she had a great bday... and loved the gift. I bought them a game called "Say Anything" and it was apparantly a lot of fun. One of the guys playing it with them is a bit whacky, and he made all his answers inside jokes that they all know- which made it x2 more fun! So I was happy to hit a home run - as she is REALLY hard to shop for... and every year I try really hard. Glad to finally have a bit of success - AT LAST!

Kermit the Frog: If you please Mr. Scrooge, it''s gotten colder and the bookkeeping staff would like an extra shovel full of coal for the fire.
Rat #1: All of your pens have turned to inkcicles.
Rat #2: Our assets are frozen.
Ebenezer Scrooge: How would the bookkeeping staff like to be suddenly... UNEMPLOYED?
Rats: [singing] HEAT WAVE. This is my island in the sun.
The Muppet Christmas Carol

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh I can't wait till xmas is here; I have a million things to do still. lol I still need to wrap presents, anyone want to help???
2.gif
I babysit the boys tomorrow and a friend comes into town too!!! Okay, I think I need to go for a walk just to clear the mind and get my heart rate up. We are doing the xmas meal and I didn't realize how insane the grocery stores are right now; I guess people are baking, etc! Be safe everyone; off for a walk!!!

ROD, hehe those chins were funny! Yay for cake!!!! YUM to lobster; that sounds like my kind of meal!!!

TLH, yikes to hearing coyotes; one time I was right next to one and didn't know it!!! My mom was saying come down from the hill w/out trying to scare me. YAY for your uber runs! You and your hubs sound very good looking!!!

MARCY, Very Merry Christmas to you!!! Is there snow out there? I bet it is very pretty!

SS, aww, you are such a sweet sister! I bet she appreciated your help. LOL to the 10,ooo calorie cookies!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!I definitely have a cold.Ugh.What a way to spend my vacation, huh?We went to breakfast then went and bought an end table to fill in the corner gap left behind from changing our sectional for a couch and love seat.It does not quite match our coffee table and other two end tables but it is in the corner and no one will probably ever notice.

Then we went to get groceries and Marty dropped me off to go find stocking stuffers for me.I met my folks for coffee break and now I am just GOOFING OFF.Something novel for me.

Marty it brewing up some spicy shrimp soup with so I will have my leftovers from the other night.

Somethingshiny, my sugar cookies take 1 c of sour cream too.Sounds like you and your sister had fun baking and I am sure her boy friend and his family will enjoy them.We are enjoying our vacation, thanks.They have not called him from work too much and I did check my email both days.I just want to clean it out so next Monday I won’t have a few hundred to go through.
Rod, glad to hear you are off the rest of the week.Thanks for the funny Christmas link.I am sure you are looking forward to your chocolate cake on Christmas.

Tlh, so DH is more old Tom Selleck like?(Magnum PI was one of my all time favorite shows).We used to mess with that guy with things like “I think those coyotes are getting closer”.There was a Kojo moment one time that scared me A LOT though.I have a classic mustang and was setting in the trunk of it watching for meteors.They few guys left with scopes were about 15 feet from me and out of nowhere I heard heavy breathing and something hitting my car.It was a stray dog that smelled awful.We did not know if he was rapid or not but it sure freaked me out.Thank you so much for the healing dust for my mom.I noticed this afternoon her eyelid is kind of moving with her other eye but it still doesn’t close.A gift that comes in pieces, interesting.I will be anxious to see what it is.Maybe a diamond from Brian Gavin and a ring from (insert your favorite designer here).I love Kermit!

Skippy, I love to wrap gifts – I’ll be there in about a day and a half.Have fun babysitting.Yes, the grocery stores are crazy.I told Marty shouldn’t all these people be at work?Tee hee.Yes, we still have snow on the ground and are expecting another storm to move in tonight.

Well, the other half of my cheeseburger should be warmed up now.I threw out their bun and will use one of the Sara Lee whole wheat that are only 120 calories.I will have some baked lays with it.

We are watching one of our new blue ray movies tonight – probably the new Star Trek.We also got the Matrix and the set of Star Trek Next Generation movies.Ultimate Electronics is DANGEROUS for people who like movies.

Laters.

35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........I made it through today, which wasn't easy. I had more on my plate than I wanted, but I was so not motivated. I finally got in gear and tried to make as much progress as I could. But many managers are out and candidates are traveling, so making connections was a challenge. I'm so grateful to be off the rest of the week. Remember the candidate I said had turned a job down a week ago because the company was two days late making the offer. He and I have been communicating little by little and he may decide to take the offer after all. I'll know tomorrow. That would be a really nice gift if he took the job. Still no news on the offer on the condo. The buyer is supposedly still ready to write a contract, but I'm not sure we'll have one before Christmas as he's going north to be with family for Xmas. I still need mountains of PS Dust. Poor Charlie has to work from 2pm to midnight tomorrow. He is at least off Xmas Eve. I'm planning on hitting the gym tomorrow afternoon. I won't be able to go again until Saturday. I'll really need the Saturday workout to burn off the chocolate cake. But, I'm looking forward to consuming every single decadent calorie in that cake!! And we're going to have Pancakes for breakfast on Xmas Morning too. It is the one day of the year that I simply do not count calories!

Man of Steel? I wish tlh! But thanks for the kind thought! And a Very Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones. I hope the 2 gifts arrive in time and I'm betting you're dying to know what the hubby has in store for you. It sounds like you two have fun together!!

Skippy, I tell you what.......you come here and help me wrap gifts and I'll help you wrap yours. I do make good bows!! I'm glad you liked the chins. I thought they were fun! I hope the walk was great. What did you get the hubby for Xmas this year? I'm betting Santa has some great goodies in his bag for you. You've been a really good girl this year!!

Marcy, I'm so sorry you've got a cold. Being sick during the holidays is not fun. Not that it's fun anytime, but it's especially not fun during this time of year. Yay for goofing off. It's nice to do that once in a while, isn't it?! Spicy shrimp soup sounds good. In a way, I'm jealous of you for having a White Christmas. It's going to in the 70s here on Xmas day........I hope you like the new Star Trek movie. I absolutely loved it. I'm hoping to see Avatar in 3D this weekend!

OK.....I've got to wrap some gifts. Have a great Wednesday everyone..........

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Happy Tues-mas!

James and I tried to go ice skating at the touristy ice skating rink in Chicago, but it was a bust. We hit a German Christmas Market bought some candy roasted almonds & gluwein. Then we came home and ordered some sushi for dinner. Mmmmm... :) Kinda quiet night. We'll be exchanging some presents from each other and the dog will get her presents too.

Lore, Happiest of Holidays to the wonderful lady that always starts our week for us. :)

Skip, Oy! I have tons to do before Christmas too! I actually don't think I get a break until AFTER the Christmas madness is over, I get a few days off before NYE... I guess I'm one of those people contributing to crazy grocery store lines. Keep your walks up if that keeps you from getting fried!

TLH, Yay for the hubby's dashing good looks
5.gif
I find I've been getting forgetful too. For me yoga helped. And taking vitamins. Awesome about your SIL's present. I'm going to have to look into that game. I love board games.

Marcy, Boo you're sick! Here's some holiday dust for the buggies to go away so you can have a awesome vacation ~*~* D U S T *~*~

SS, sooo funny that you're baking a storm. We failed making sugar cookies for our gingerbread party. Not that it failed we just dind't have time to bake them.

Rod, Lucky ducky you get the time off :) ENJOY it you totally deserve it! Poor Charlie that he has to work so much today. At least he has Thursday off :)

~Lisa

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi lorelei, shiny, Rod, lliang, tlh, marcy, skippy and everyone else! I'm so proud to report that I'm back under 110 and my belly is a little bit less "jolly." I still have a muffin top in all of my pants, but that's why I buy loose flowy tops. On Saturday, hubs and I went to my work holiday party and I allowed myself to indulge in a few slices of steak and some dessert. Besides, we danced our booties off (as in tushies, not footwear). Then on Sunday we treated ourselves to our favorite sushi (channeling Rod!), although it was takeout because we were shopping all day and had a GIANT box that would not fit in the restaurant. It was still a much cherished treat. Overall a great weekend.

Marcy, I'm so sad to hear you are sick! Take care and feel better very soon.

tlh, please show off your handsome hubby. We are all very curious now. :)

I had another session with the trainer today. We're doing a lot of core exercises. At the end of the training sessions, he stretches me which I've never had done before. It's a little awkward though because I'm super flexible so in order to feel a good stretch, he basically has to sit or lay on top of me. Eeek! I'm sure it looks really strange. I would almost say I'd rather use the time to work out more, but the stretching is only after our hour is up. On another note, I'm itching to go for a swim but I'm getting over a tickle in my throat so I have to hold off for another few days. My entire body misses a good swim. It's been about 2 weeks and I'm having withdrawal. AAAaarrrggggh! But I know swimming when even just a little sick always makes me 100x worse. I used to feel this kind of withdrawal after a day off from jogging, way back when I jogged regularly. Even though I'm not a hard core jogger or swimmer (ha, barely even soft core), it's nice to feel that "need" or "addiction" to the activity.

My current obsession is mushrooms. Not the hallucinogenic kind, but white button mushrooms, cremini, shiitake...those kinds. Holy yum yum yummmmm. I've been sauteing them with onions or leeks and kale or spinach, and then adding them to a veggie broth soup with beans. I could eat an entire pot of this soup. My poor husband. I've made it in different variations for the past 2 weeks. I love the Vogue Vege Base broth. It's basically dehydrated veggies, very low sodium. And it works as a seasoning too, for sprinkling over foods.

I'm so excited to finally see progress in my healthier lifestyle!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod, it is hard to be motivated at work when a holiday is near.That would be nice if that guy accepted the offer – I wonder if the business might reconsider though since he turned it down before.There are too many fish in the sea these days.Tell Charlie I am sorry he has to work so late tomorrow.Ugh.I was thinking of having waffles for breakfast on Christmas.We are going to lunch that day about 1 pm so we’ll probably only eat twice that day.Mega PS dust coming your way to get a contract soon.We finally sold Marty’s Lear topper today for his F250.A dealer bought it from us for $200; we could have gotten a lot more for it but didn’t sell when we advertised it locally.The dealer said he would sell it consignment too for our asking prices but after he adds his commission it would be harder to sell.We were happy to just get it out of our backyard.My cold is getting worse.I had OJ awhile ago.Marty is starting to get a sore throat.He said “thanks”.Marty said his soup was good.We saw the Star Trek movie when it came out in the spring but enjoyed watching it again tonight.We will be having a white Christmas.My folks are taking off for Vail, Colorado in the morning and I am pretty worried about them traveling in this storm.They are old and stubborn and won’t stay home even though they probably should.It’s not like my mom could walk anywhere if they get stranded.They always take food, water and blankets though.I hear Avatar is good but I don’t know if I want to see it.

Lisa, are you heading off somewhere for Christmas since you are exchanging your gifts already?Marty has 3 presents from me and I filled his stocking already.I always make sure it’s full in case I need to go buy something else.Thanks for the get well dust.

Marcy

35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
skippy- hope your walk was nice, and how wonderful your holidays appear! Family, friends, and love! Sounds rather nice. I know you''ll get everything done, in time. You''re superwoman!

Marcy- I bet the table is still nice. You have excellent taste! Hope you get better soon, so that you can enjoy your time off from work, and time w/ your loved ones. I''m glad to hear any improvement with your mom''s eye! some more healing Christmas dust for your mom **** ha, a diamond would be too nice, but a bit out of our budget for this year! OOO that is a freaky story about the stinky dog! I bet that would scare you something awful too! I''ll let you know what it is when I find out! I really liked the new star trek - I hope you do too!

Rod- I hope that stubborn candidate gets off his high horse and takes the job, so you can have a merry christmas indeed! heaps and heaps of condo sales dust*** Your holidays sound divine, and Charlie sure makes an excellent partner. Enjoy your cake, every morsel, and your time at the gym! My hubs and I do have a good time... and one of his christmas undies arrived... EEEK! I cannot wait to see his face when he opens them up!!!

Lisa- Sorry your iceskating plans fell through. But the candy sounds delish! I hope your poochie likes her xmas gifts!

CJ- congrats on your weight loss!!! WHOO HOO! Sushi is my favorite too! I like swimming when I''m sick.. breathing under water-- well you know what I mean, actually helps me get all the plegm out! I also love mushrooms, they are divine.

Everyone Happy Weds - just 2 more sleeps until Christmas (if you celebrate). I''m pretty excited! This morning I went for my run and had to cut it short. A lady runner was shot a couple days ago, not at all close to where I live, and so I''m just trying to be careful. I''m getting my hair touched up tonight, so I couldn''t run this afternoon as advised by the PD. Other than that dismal news, things are going well. My hubs christmas undies came in! YAY! (one pair the other pair is on back order) and I''ve wrapped them and said they are from the fur babies. As gross as it sounds, if he doesn''t get his undies in the hamper after a workout, (ie they fall to the floor) the dogs will like roll on them, GROSS! So I thought it would be funny if the undies were from the dogs this year. Just 2 more gifts I''m waiting on to arrive. My hubs doesn''t like pictures of him on the net - so I can''t really post any of his face, but here is a picture from his last race... he''s wearing sunglasses so I figure it isn''t too bad...

"Buddy: It''s just like Santa''s workshop! Except it smells like mushrooms... and everyone looks like they wanna hurt me... " ELF

29861888472611 photo.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I started the day with 70 mins of cardio and two hard sets of arms. Today I started the day with three pieces of left over pizza, a cup of coffee and one gingersnap.
20.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
quick check in. I did walk the past few days. Today it SNOWED
9.gif
now I want to turn up the Christmas holiday tunes.
emnote.gif
I have the baby (3 mos) and my nephew 3 yrs so I am watching them. I am excited to be in baby heaven; this baby is so good and my nephew is a big help; I love them both so much! (sorry for all the gushing) hehe Oh TLH was talking about 3 bean soup so I ended up making a chicken bean soup w/lots of healthy veggies and tomatoes.
3.gif
Tomorrow is my sisters birthday so I have a fun present put together for her! Happy Wed friends!!!
35.gif

ROD, aww, you are so sweet, hugs. sending lots and lots of dust for the candidate acceptance and the house. Lots and lots and lots and lots of DUST!!!!

TLH, your hubby is handsome and in great shape!!! You guys are a good looking couple!

MARCY, yay for being off for the week, but no fun being sick too, feel better. sorry you are sick.

DJ, hey there lady!

CJ, yay for lots of core!!! yum to mushrooms; I am on a brussel sprouts kick; we will have those for Xmas. hehe hope you feel better honey. Mmmm, your soup sounds deeeeeelicious!!

LISA, I saw a pic of the rink at Millenium park and it looks like a blast!! Oh no, sorry you couldn't go but yum tot he German market!!! The walks do help my sanity.
2.gif
hehe aw, how cute doggie presents, super cute!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
DJ, there are on days and off days. It isn''t always about the bad stuff you did, or credit for the good stuff you did. Every day is a new day, and every meal, a new choice to be made.

skippy- oooo holiday snow!!! Have fun w/ your sister''s birthday party and your chicken soup! (my soup turned out really good!) thanks for the compliments on my hubby!!! Have a happy holiday!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, sorry for the MIA and fly by''s. Swamped at work, and swamped at home this season. Running 4-5 days a week right now to prep for a halfy. Everyone have a VERY VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND ANYTHING YOU MIGHT CELEBRATE THIS SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TLH - GREAT running shot

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi HLTer friends! Just wanted to pop in and wish you all a fantastic Christmas.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! This is a quickie check in as I haven''t started wrapping gifts, and we''ve got to get on the road early in the morning. I just have to let everyone know - because I can barely contain my excitement - that as of weigh in today, I have lost 60.5 pounds. GGGGGOoooooaaaaaallllllllll!!!!!!!!! I have been on cloud nine since weigh in! Yay, yay, yay!!! My awesome staff got me an edible arrangement for Christmas, made with pineapple, strawberries, and melon. It was perfect. They have been so supportive, and I love them dearly. I''ve got to give the dog a bath before I wrap presents so she doesn''t stink everyone out tomorrow. Gotta run!

Have a Very Merry and Safe Christmas!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 10:38:06 PM
Author: deegee
Hi everyone! This is a quickie check in as I haven't started wrapping gifts, and we've got to get on the road early in the morning. I just have to let everyone know - because I can barely contain my excitement - that as of weigh in today, I have lost 60.5 pounds. GGGGGOoooooaaaaaallllllllll!!!!!!!!! I have been on cloud nine since weigh in! Yay, yay, yay!!! My awesome staff got me an edible arrangement for Christmas, made with pineapple, strawberries, and melon. It was perfect. They have been so supportive, and I love them dearly. I've got to give the dog a bath before I wrap presents so she doesn't stink everyone out tomorrow. Gotta run!

Have a Very Merry and Safe Christmas!!!!!
YAY CONGRATS!!!! I bet you feel fabulous
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
that is so awesome Degee, I am proud of you!!!

KIMI Merry Christmas!!!
35.gif

TLH and DRAGON, yay for the runs

Marcy, thanks for helping me wrap! hehe

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....Even though it was a day off, I seemed to run out of time. And I didn't even make it the gym. Boo on me. It's already near 11, so this will have to be kind of short. We got up and had a scone, coffee and fresh fruit. Then we had a quick lunch at Panera and coffee under the oak with a couple friends. Charlie had to be at work at 2. I sat with friends for a while after that. Then I went to Fresh Market and got the things we'll need for breakfast Xmas morning, the regular grocery store for staples, then came home, ate some leftover chicken and started wrapping gifts. I like to make my own home made bows, so even though we don't have a really bountiful Christmas this year, it took me most of the evening to wrap everything. I'm getting up early again tomorrow morning to go buy the lobsters and steamers, while Charlie goes to pick up the pieces of chocolate cake. We always do one more visit to the mall on Xmas eve afternoon. We buy one more gift for each other, then we have dinner and come home and watch "A Christmas Story!" We never have Chinese food anymore (too high in sodium and fat), but someone in my office brought in some food from a little family owned restaurant quite near us and I tasted the Shrimp in Lobster Sauce and it was beyond amazing, so we're going to treat ourselves to a sodium laden, fat dripping Chinese restaurant! I'm really looking forward to that! I'll try to check in tomorrow. No, I will check in tomorrow and wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Thanks Marcy. I hope your parents trip is uneventful and safe. Yay for selling Marty's Lear Topper (sorry not sure what that is??). And I'm so sorry your cold is getting worse. You take care dear friend and make sure you get some chicken soup! Sounds like you both need it. I bought sour dough pancake mix today and homemade sausage. Should be good! I hope you get your waffles Xmas morning. The company has actually been a willing participant in getting the candidate to accept the offer. He has some very unique and much needed skills, so they really want him.

How frightening that a lady was shot running. Even if not near you, you're right to be extra cautious. Why on earth would anyone do something so horrendous?? Thanks for the good wishes on the candidate. I stil haven't heard if he accepted or not. I likely won't know until after Christamas now. This is such a difficult business. Your hubs is a handsome man from what I can see from the picture!! The undies sound funny. I asked for undershirts this year. I'm not sure I'll get them........

Merry Christmas DeeJay. You never cease to crack me up!!!

A white christmas would be kind of nice Skippy, so enjoy it for me, OK? You're such a good Aunt!! Happy Birthday to your sister.......Thanks for the extra dust dear friend.

Merry Christmas Kimberly. I miss seeing you here. Please give John my best too!

You Go deegee! That is so much to be proud of! We're all proud of you!!

OK......well this wasn't so short! I can't believe tomorrow's Christmas Eve. I hope everyone has a truly blessed one!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!

35.gif
What a nice lazy day.We slept in (I am really tired though so it’s either this cold or sleeping too much).I worked on a huge stack of laundry and that is about it.I need to clean house but so far I am not motivated.We had cereal for breakfast, soup for lunch and mini pizza for supper.We watched “The Matrix” tonight I made us a small batch of popcorn.

My cold is getting worse, fun.

My parents made it to Edwards, Colorado okay.Hopefully their trip home tomorrow will be uneventful as well.

I did venture out of the house twice today.This morning to get my paper and this afternoon to the mailbox and to put the trash out for tomorrow morning.We’ve had about 6 inches of snow now.

Tlh, Mr Tlh looks like a handsome dude.Thanks for healing dust for my mom; I appreciate it more than you know.I kind of wish I hadn’t bought orange sapphire jewelry because I would be getting a new laptop instead.I don’t really need either one of them but I’d use my laptop more often.I will be anxious to hear what your present is.The new Star Trek is great.We rented “Up” this morning and I thought it was kind of sad in parts but it was a great movie too.What?I can’t believe someone was shot out running.What happened?How scary and I am glad you are being careful.

DeeJay, well your 2 days balanced each other out.Our mini pizzas tonight were tiny.I thought Marty would say thanks for the appetizer now what’s for dinner but he honestly never complains about what I feed him.

Skippy, I am sure you had a blast with your nephews today.I was glad to help you wrap.

9.gif
I always said if I could make a living wrapping packages that is what I would do.I always stick jingle bells in my Christmas packages and I didn’t this year – everyone was so sad.

Dragonfly, yay for running so much during the week.

Hi Kimi!Good to hear from you.I hope you are feeling well. Merry Christmas to you.

Deegee, Congratulations on losing 60 pounds.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
How exciting.

Rod, I am sure your packages look great.Have fun tomorrow shopping, enjoying Chinese food and watching “A Christmas Story”.Do you know I have never watched that movie?Everyone tells me I must see it sometime.The topper is one of those caps that goes on the back of a truck so it''s enclosed.We only got about 10% of what it cost but it’s better than nothing.I did have chicken soup for lunch.That is good the company didn’t pull their offer once he turned it down.PS good luck on getting a contract dust coming your way.

Marcy

tlh

Ideal_Rock
df- hope your training is going well. http://www.209events.com/category.php?category=2 this has some pretty good training plans as does the runner's world book for women by dagny scott barrios. Enjoy your holidays!

kim- happy holidays to you!

dg- that is a huge milestone!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! and what a wonderful staff to get you healthy eats this year! Enjoy your holidays and show off your sexy self in that skirt and boots combo!

skippy- kiss those boys for me! enjoy your holiday walks with family and friends!

Rod- mmm your day sounded divine, and for a lobster bake -- claps around! more dust for your condo and candidate. Thanks for the compliments on my hubby. He is a terrific companion - and is my bestie! Ha, rod, I hope you get your undershirts... at least for a stocking stuffer! (Target was having a sale, wink!)

marcy- ooo matrix on blue ray. I bet that was awesome! Beautiful snow for Christmas! Please take care of your mom, and make sure she has all she needs. I don't want to read about any adventures! I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the compliments on my hubby. He is rather bashful, but I bet it'd make him feel good... but then I'd confess to putting his picture up.. so eh.. ha! I really liked up! it was a good movie.

Everyone Happy Christmas Eve! I am wishing everyone a very safe and happy holiday! Please try to stay warm, and if you are cold, bask in the warmth of the hearts and loved of those that care. My husband and I went on a run this morning. He tried out the new hat light I gave him - as I like to make sure he is visible in anyway possible. Wow, those things are bright- and way cool too! (I couldn't wait to give him his Eve present this year.) No more news on the runner. Police are still cautioning running ALONE during dark hours, and are piecing together their investigation. It was a horriffic event, with no explanation. It was in a very nice area, in a suburban neighborhood. Because of the high property values, and in light of the economy and foreclosures (easy targets for burglars trying to steal copper piping etc.), many of the houses in the neighborhood she ran in have surveillance cameras, and actually have tape of her running. Granted the purpose was to protect their property and not help solve crime in the road - but the neighbors have given their footage, and police are slowly able to piece together where she was along her route and when, and caught an SUV driving by mere seconds before she was shot. So they either have an eye witness, or the culprit. It is a sensless crime, and no more information has been released. And because of some sicko, this 57 year old mother and grandmother is not around to celebrate with her loved ones. I've been praying hard that they'll catch whoever did this to her.

On a lighter note... I do wish everyone a very merry christmas. And if you do not celebrate Christmas, a beautiful and happy friday!

"Danny Reed: How'd he get that far in five minutes?
Ted Hanover: The lady must have been willing.
Danny Reed: The world can't do this to us! " Holiday Inn

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Merry Christmas Eve!I did venture out today to the bank and the grocery store.Wow was the grocery store busy.I just needed pretzels and OJ.

I made homemade beef noodle soup for lunch.We had our last Christmas cookie today.

Tlh, I hope they catch who shot that lady.I feel so bad for her family.Glad your husband went running with you and enjoyed his hat light.

Take care!

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey and Very Happy Christmas Eve. Charlie woke up at 7:00 AM and suggested I get up to go to the lobster store. I was like........ARE YOU CRAZY!! For one, Rod does not get up early unless he absolutely must and two, the don''t even open till 9:00. I grumbled something out and went promptly back to sleep! I got up at 9:00, had a quick cup of coffee and a scone, then threw on some clothes and headed to get the grub. I got a nice 3.5 pounder for me and a 2.5 lb. one for Charlie (and I''ll probably have to help him eat that). Plus I got 3.5 pounds of steamers. They''re from New England and are often called soft shell or (sorry but true) "piss" clams. They''re not pretty, but they''re oh so good. We''ll have parslied potatoes and Charlie''s making home made cole slaw. While I was getting the lobsters and clams, Charlie went to get the chocolate cake. It''s all wrapped up in the refridgerator waiting for tomorrow! We went shopping and I bought a couple more small things for Charlie. He asked what I wanted and I reminded him I really need some new underwear (t-shirts), so I''m sure I''ll get some. We did go to that Chinese restaurant. To say it was a major disappointment, is an understatement. The girl in my office who recommended it is (sad to say, hugely obese). She has to weigh between 300 - 400 pounds. When she walks, her breathing is labored. I guess she likes this place because it''s an all you can eat buffet place. There wasn''t anything there that was particularly good, but it was 6 pm and we were hungry, so we ate there anyway. Dinner was really cheap though. It cost us like $27 for the two of us and that included a Tsing Tao beer for each of us. At least tomorrow''s dinner will make up for it. We''re home with Sakai in our laps, getting ready to watch "A Christmas Story." We watch it every Christmas Eve without fail!

Marcy......Lazy when you''re not feeling well is a good thing. I''m sorry your cold is getting worse. I hope you wake up tomorrow morning and feel much much better! I''m glad you folks made to their destination safely. I know you were worried. Are you getting together with family tomorrow? You really do need to watch A Christmas Story. It''s such a cute movie. Thanks for the dust. Still no contract. He went out of town to be up north with his family for Christmas, so nothing will happen with this till the earliest next week.

Thanks for the dust tlh. I hope it works for us! I think I''m going to get my undershirts.......LOL I do feel so badly for the ladies family. Losing someone in such a senseless and heinous way is never easy, but I can''t even imagine such a loss so close to Christmas. When I was a young boy, I remember a family lost their daughter in a tragic automobile accident just 4 days before Christmas. I remember seeing the mother in a store on Xmas Eve buying gifts and her eyes were red and swollen from crying. It''s an image that has lasted in my mind forever. Please don''t run alone in the dark anymore. We need our tlh to live a long healthy, happy life!

I will likely check in tomorrow night, but if for some reason I don''t...........Merry Christmas to all my lovely ladies here on the HLT!! You are all my inspiration and I am lucky to have you as friends!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, too funny you went back to sleep this morning instead of going out to get the grub. Sounds like you still found some later this morning. I did get around and clean the bathrooms and will probably pick up the living room and dust tomorrow sometime. My nephew posted on Facebook they were going to watch Christmas Story and when I commented I had never seem the movie he said he was embarrassed for me and his wife said to get myself to Blockbuster and rent it. Maybe I''ll check the TV guide and see if it''s one tonight. Sorry your Chinese food was not too good.

Laters!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Christmas Story is on TBS - I ''ll watch it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got up about 8:30 and opened our stockings. Marty got me the coolest 3D astronomy bookmark. The items really pop off the page. I got some all-clad measuring cups I could hurt someone with they are so heavy. We already had our gifts so it was a quick morning.

I made waffles for breakfast and I had strawberries on mine. We are meeting my parents for lunch today.

I hope you are all having a wonderful day and a Merry Christmas!

Take care.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results