shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 1st Sept till 7th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone
35.gif

I had a pretty good week although I didn''t lose any weight. I''m glad I didn''t gain considering the weekend I had (went to visit mom and a themepark so you can imagine what that''s like foodwise
14.gif
18.gif
). I am going to get the Jillian workout DVDs that the BWW thread is raving about. I''m all for at home workouts especially with the weather we have been having. My friend''s wedding date is officially December 6 so I''m giving myself until November 17th to get to a goal of 15lbs down before I order the dress. I''m also keeping a food journal because I''ve heard it helps. I signed up for WW online and having logged on since
38.gif
. Typical
20.gif

Hope everyone has a great week!
35.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Oy... I just came back to my office after indulging too much at a going-away potluck.
1237399ifetfs3eq4.gif
Too many carb-o-licious goodies to pass up and not a single veggie
8.gif
The morning started off well enough with some oatmeal... Oh well, I just gotta hit the gym this evening to burn it off.

On the brighter, non-HLT related note, I got an email from Leon this morning saying they finally received my stone!
woohoo.gif
I''ve been on pins and needles since I put the diamond in the mail a week and a half ago. Now if only I can fast forward 4 to 6 weeks so I can see how my ering turns out...

Wow, Steph! 5:45am run, that''s awesome!

Down 1.6 lbs even while maintaining! Way to go Vizsla!

Geckodani, congrats on your 5 lbs. on South Beach
36.gif

Skippy, hope you''re enjoying your day and getting your errands done. My back is still achey but hopefully it''s because my muscles are building!

SDL, good luck with your WI. With all of your efforts, sounds like it should be a good one!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Panda - Yay for Leon getting your diamond! And don''t let one weekend ruin your outlook - just keep movin forward!

fiery - sounds like a great and realistic goal - good for you!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I got all my spinach, tomatoes, mango, eggs, and other goodies from Costco to start my week. hehe Hubby and I ate lunch there and I was happy w/myself because I cut the slice of pizza in half and ate half and tossed the other half (portion control).
2.gif
hehe Then I bought some onions, broccoli, lemons, bean sprouts (thanks to Lorelei for the tortoise) hehe from the farmers market.

I will be walking tonight; have a great day and workout!

MICHELLE ~ my WI is on Thurs too! LOL I didn't know that! Yay for being down!!! Yum to veggies, and yay for walking, huge hugs back!!

FIERYRED ~ yay for the workouts and not gaining! Good job on the food journal; I love the food journal on WW, I use it,, try it out!!

PANDA ~ potlucks are the hardest! Wow, I went to a party where there was no veggies and fruit too not too long ago! Yay for the gym tonight, you rock!!! Yipppppeee for the ring! I can't wait to see it!!!

HI GECKO!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hi, all!

For those of you who don''t travel to the Hangout very often, I should say, We got a house!! We will close Oct 10 and be moved in by the 15th. That''ll be 3 weeks after JT''s surgery, so hopefully it''ll go smoothly.

We helped my sister move this past weekend and my back never hurt! I didn''t realize I strengthened my core that much! Yay YOGA!!

I''m trying really hard not to put the weight back on that I recently lost. But, my blood sugar and hormones are already out of whack again after coming off the pill a few days ago. I''ve found that if I eat salad every day it really curbs my cravings though.

I only skimmed the posts so sorry for non-personal replies, congrats for losing weight, sorry for aching butts, Welcome new HLTers. Yay for nephews and desserts, fall weather and sweaters, new clothes, tortoises and pizza! Prayers outgoing for those who need them (don''t we all??).

Oh, TACORI~ My little guy said he wants to go to that little girl''s house when he saw Tessa''s pic!

Love2Travel

Shiny_Rock
I was a naughty boy for a few days last week. Had moving so went out w/ them a few nights and the food choices weren''t the best (BUT TASTED SO GOOD!) lol. Tried to get back into the swing of things Sunday. Ran a 8min mile and I was really happy about that.

Started lifting weights today. I usually just do push ups and sit ups. The weights def. felt good to do.

On another uplifting note, my dress pant size is a 31. Woohoo!! I wanna stay at that size. I was a 32 at the start of June. Had to treat myself to a shopping spree :razz:

appletini

Ideal_Rock
so sad, I wanted to make my healthy chicken salad tonight and the store was out of ripe avocados. The produce guy told me they had been out for 3 days and just got some in today, which of course were hard as rocks. Then he kept stalking me trying to get me to buy them and even cut one open. I have been resting my voice all day, and I wasted all my progress on him because I had to beg him to leave me alone. Long story short we''ll be having tabbouleh for dinner tonight instead (and lunch the next few days for me).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rob, hope the storms don''t hit you. Lazy days are fun. I miss those. *sigh* It does feel good to be sore. Didn''t realize a video would give me such a good workout.

Dee*Jay, you are so funny. I hate that store. All the stuff is cheap for a reason. Sounds like you are kicking butt on the workout front! You are an inspiration.

Skippy, thanks! I hope you like the video. 4 mile walk is awesome!

Marcy, Snow?!? It''s Sept?!? Crazy! Glad you are feeling better.

panda, thanks. When I am sad about the 15 lbs I have to go I just look at my little girl. Doesn''t matter much after she smiles at me. Sounds like you are doing awesome! Eating well and exercising. Everyone needs a break here and there.

You''ll be fit before you know it! Can''t wait to see your Leon!

steph, baby weight is so hard to lose. Everyone would say it would be easy. Well I must make skim milk b/c the weight is not coming off!

vizsla, don''t be too hard on yourself. You are doing great!

geck, thanks for the compliment. I think she is pretty cute but I am 100% bias!
3.gif
5 lbs to awesome!

apple, glad weather is good where you are.

SDL, hope you are doing well!

fiery, writing down what you eat does help. you''ll get there!

SS, yay for the house! How cute your little boy said that!
9.gif
How old is he?

L2T, going down a size is the BEST feeling. Good for you!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~ He''s 2.5 and he LOVES the girls already!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hi SKIPPY!!
35.gif

SS - OMG congrats on the house!!! Yay yay yay!!!

Love2Travel - wanna come over here and motivate Mr.Gecko?
2.gif
Just kidding - congrats on the pants size!!

appletini - Aw.
7.gif
Sorry about your avocados. Tabbouleh sounds really, really good to me right now, LOL.

Tacori -Hee hee. Mom''s are allowed some latitude in the bias area.
2.gif
She really is adorable!

Holy cow. I''ve got this hunk of a tungsten band on right now and DANG this thing is heavy!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday all! I did my usual 65 mins on the elliptical this morning. Boring, but effective, LOL. Then I met our own lovely Kimi over on jeweler''s row for about four hours of bling browsing. She and her husband are in town for a few days so we decided to take advantage of a free couple of hours. Lots of fun stuff! Then I went to get a new driver''s license. What an amazing clusterf*ck it is at the DMV, but somehow we all leave there with a license...

Foodwise I''ve been pretty good today (to make up for the past several days of badness (!). I even still have quite a few cals left, and I''ve been in the pantry three times to peruse the selection but so far nothing appeals to me. At least all those damn cupcakes are gone!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS, adorable! I am glad he knew she was a girl. I swear I will have that girl in hot pink, head to tow and people STILL ask!
20.gif
Too bad you aren''t local. They would have a playdate. Sounds like you are going to be in trouble though!
2.gif

geck, thanks!

Dee*Jay, you are an animal! 65 mins good for you!

Nothing else new for me. DH started his diet and he is CRABBY! Happens every time he diets. We had chicken and rice for dinner.
18.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
Well, it seems like everyone was cranky at work today. I got greeted by my boss who was angry that one of my employees is always late. So I pull the gate records on all 5 of my employees and only one of them shows up one time. So I talked the boss out of writing them up but then I had to tell each of them to get to work on time or they will be written up. One of them was out sick and one of them went home sick so I still have 2 of them to talk to. I don''t enjoy personnel issues and what a stupid reason to be in trouble at work. Just show up on time how hard is that?
38.gif

Panda, I hope your back gets better soon. We were in the 40’s last night with a high of about 60. It is warming up a bit tomorrow. That will seem like a long time waiting for your ring.
Steph, I hope your friend’s father gets better. That is nice of you to offer to help watch those 2 kids. I am sure you’ll have fun. Thanks for the congrats. My tush is much better, I barely feel it tonight.
Vizsla, congratulations on being down 1.6 pounds.
36.gif

Geokodani, congratulations for losing 5 pounds.
36.gif
Yippee!
Appletini, glad to hear you are having sunny skies.
Skippy, I hope you had fun running errands and shopping today. We were in the 40’s this morning but it did warm up a bit. I switched the thermostat over to heat tonight just in case. No sense running the AC in this kind of weather. Woo hoo for portion control.
3.gif

SanDiegoLady, enjoy your days off and good luck walking 9 miles.
Fieryred, good luck on reaching your goal by the wedding. Keeping track of your food in a journal does really help.
Somethingshiny, congratulations on getting a house.
Love2Travel, yay for a smaller pant size.
Tacori, your little girl is adorable; I am sure she can brighten your spirits any time you look at her. Yep, it can snow here any month of the year. Rats.
DeeJay, how fun to spend some time with Kimi today especially while looking at jewelry.
Sweet dreams (low fat kind of course.)
9.gif

Marcy

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Marcy - one of my coworkers is always late - 5-20 minutes every day. Drives me up the freaking wall. Leave ealier already! I mean, it happens to everyone occasionally but, every day? Come on.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geckodani, it is annoying. My 2 worst offenders don't come in till noon. One of them showed up on time only 5 times in the last 2 months and the other one showed up on time 9 times. The second one even asked me how accurate the clock was on the door where we badge in. It's like hello you weren't getting here even within 5 minutes of your scheduled starting time what difference does that make?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 10:15:13 PM
Author: marcyc
Geckodani, it is annoying. My 2 worst offenders don''t come in till noon. One of them showed up on time only 5 times in the last 2 months and the other one showed up on time 9 times. The second one even asked me how accurate the clock was on the door where we badge in. It''s like hello you weren''t getting here even within 5 minutes of your scheduled starting time what difference does that make?
23.gif
Oy. Sorry marcy! I''m glad I''m not the one in charge sometimes!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geckodani, I am a supervisor and I don''t enjoy confrontation too well but that''s part of my job. They either change or it''s out of my hands.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 10:46:16 PM
Author: marcyc
Geckodani, I am a supervisor and I don''t enjoy confrontation too well but that''s part of my job. They either change or it''s out of my hands.
Sounds about right to me! Speaking of late - it''s time for this Gecko to get some shut eye. Have a good night!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~ Tessa is SOO cute and definitely not mistakable for a boy! Some people are just nuts! Playdates are going to be the start of YEARS of trouble headed our way, I can already tell! He actually plays with one of my friend''s little s (she''s 3) and he always tells her he loves her upon arrival and departure.

Question: I make a lot of homemade pizza but I''m trying to rework the ingredients a bit to make them less fatty/cholesterol filled/calorific meals. I usually use a bread dough crust (thick and delicious) sauce, mozz and Mexican blend cheeses, sausage and whatever I can possibly get DH and JT to eat for veggies. I want to try to use sliced Roma tomatoes instead of sauce, less cheese, and sneak some more veggies in. Suggestions??

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I use tomato paste instead of sauce, LF cheese and tons of veggies. If you have a Trade Joe's near you, they have whole wheat pizza dough. I've also used Naan or Pitas as crust instead of actual pizza crust - make an individual pizza for each person, which eliminates second third... and eigth slices!

ETA: I really should sleep eventually. Meh.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!
35.gif

I haven''t posted in forever because life has been a little bit zany. Good, but zany.
1.gif
After work reached a fever pitch, we hosted out-of-town family for a few weeks, went camping and in general enjoyed the last days of summer. I did manage to maintain my healthier habits (well, more or less
2.gif
) and am down a couple more pounds. (Yay!) Lorelei, I''m glad that you say that slow and steady wins the race because at .25 pounds per week, I am going very slowly!
9.gif

Zoe, 8 pounds is awesome!! You''re doing great.
1.gif
Well done!

Steph, sounds like you''ve had great energy for working out! Hope you''re doing better with the meds. Good luck with the three kids!

Skippy, you''ve been so consistent with your walks! I''ve sort of fallen off my running wagon. Your commitment makes me want to get back on.
1.gif

DJ, kudos for all of the miles/hours logged. Awesome!! Your Forever 21 story made me laugh. I accidentally wandered into the juniors department the other day, and the sales associate looked at me if I''d dropped in from Mars.

Hi Panda! Love the idea of planning meals. I bet that would keep me from wandering around the kitchen and ending up making something less than healthy. Hope your back is feeling better.

Marcy, congrats on two years! What a bummer about the tardy coworkers. Sheesh. And snow in your state already? Ack indeed!

Tacori, sounds like you''re doing great! You''ll fit into your old clothes soon! I''m working on losing my pregnancy weight (albeit very slowly!
2.gif
) and have 15-ish left to lose. We''re getting there!! Love the Tessa avatar. She is absolutely precious!!

Appletini, sorry to hear about the sore throat. Hope you''re feeling better!

Rod, sounds like a nice holiday weekend. Crossing fingers that the upcoming storms pass you by.

Vizsla, great point about the difficulty of maintaining! It''s hard without the scale''s positive feedback.

Geckodani, yay on 5 pounds! The Renaissance Festival with the friend''s kids sounds delightful. How cute and fun!

Hi SDL! Good luck on your WI! Sounds like you''ve been doing fab.

Fieryred, I hear ya on being glad for a lack of gain with the themepark. I felt the same way about my camping fare (s''mores!!).
3.gif

SS, congrats on the house!!
1.gif
Very cool!! Cute about your boy loving the little girls. My son does, too!

Love2Travel, great work on the 31 pants!! Love those mandatory shopping trips!

All for now! Hope I didn''t miss anyone. Have a great week!
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi this has to be quick; I will post more tonight. Walked last night and will do it again tonight. hehe Have a great day!!
35.gif

Katheleen, good to see you, slow and steady does win the race!!! I lose 1 lb one week and then nothing the next or stuff like that, but keep at it. You are doing great!!!!! hehe

SS, when is the surgery for JT? Prayers outgoing.

Tacori hi friend!!! Yum to chicken and rice!

Marcy, darn to late employees.

Dee, yay for the workout! hehe

Geckodani, did you get a new ring?

Hi Apple

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
marcy, that is crazy about the weather where you live. Thanks for the compliments. She does make my chub easier knowing it is a result from her. Sorry about work. What a pain.

SS, I think it is hard to tell the sex of babies (if they are wearing green or yellow) but pink?!? People are crazy. When my neighbor''s soon was 3 he was caught playing doctor. Obviously he and the little girl weren''t doing anything sexual or even KNEW what they were doing but they were naked
23.gif
32.gif
Scary.

kathleen, oh I can feel your pain! Baby weight seems to be STUBBORN. How old is your baby?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 9:52:29 AM
Author: Skippy123
Hi this has to be quick; I will post more tonight. Walked last night and will do it again tonight. hehe Have a great day!!
35.gif

Katheleen, good to see you, slow and steady does win the race!!! I lose 1 lb one week and then nothing the next or stuff like that, but keep at it. You are doing great!!!!! hehe

SS, when is the surgery for JT? Prayers outgoing.

Tacori hi friend!!! Yum to chicken and rice!

Marcy, darn to late employees.

Dee, yay for the workout! hehe

Geckodani, did you get a new ring?

Hi Apple

Still hunting for the perfect solitaire. I''ve got a thread waaaay down in RT if you have any thoughts, LOL. *sigh* I ordered a 20 dollar tungsten band to wear in the meantime. I''ve wanted one for when we travel anyway. I want something I don''t have to worry about destroying!

Out of town this weekend so the real hunt will have to wait until next weekend. Meh.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all, sorry it took me longer to respond. Work has been crazy since I got back. Aunt''s wedding was wonderful, and I can''t wait to see the pro shots. The photographer was very professional and funny too! The gardens around the court yard were fantastic and the reception was a HOOT. I got the photographer to take pics of some of our older family members too as we may never get to have everyone together like that again. I maintained (somehow...amazingly....with chicken with cream of mushroom sauce, rolls, chocolate cake, and sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast..oy), and have been working out hard core since I got home. Hope everyone is well!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning!

Ugh... I never made it to the gym last night. My back tightened up throughout the day and when I got home from work, I collapsed onto the couch for a nap. However, after I got up, I did manage to get to the store and make a tasty dinner: grilled pork chops with a carolina rub (great, easy recipe I got from Cooking Light, I''ll have to post it on the recipes thread), cole slaw (non-mayo based!) and oven roasted tomatoes.

Fireyred, in my book, not gaining after indulging is a victory! I need to start keeping a food journal myself.

Good exercise of portion control, Skippy! I have to stay away from the concession stand at Costco. Everytime I''m there, I want to have a hot dog and a churro
3.gif
Yay for being so consistent on your walks. I need to follow your example!

SS, congrats on your house!!! That''s very exciting. With my aching back, that''s great that yours didn''t hurt after helping your sister move. Core strength is key. As for the pizza, I saw at the store the other night that Boboli makes a whole wheat crust. I thought about trying that myself for a quick supper. Geckodani''s other suggestions are great.

Love2Travel, that''s great that you got right back on the wagon after being a bit naughty. I don''t think, no, I know, I''ve never run 8 miles!

Apple, oy, sorry about your trip to the grocery store. I hate it when I have something in mind and they don''t have it!

Thanks, Tacori! I know yoou''ll be able to conquer those last 15 lbs!

Wow, Dee*Jay, 65 mins. on the elliptical! You go!!!

Marcy, yikes! Sorry to hear about the drama at work. Hopefully, that''ll resolve soon.

Hi, Kathleen! Slow and steady. No matter how little you''re losing, you''re losing so that counts!

Dragonfly: That''s great that you maintained even though you ate all that heavenly sounding food. Plus, you''ve gotten right back on the wagon!

Geckodani... I saw your solitaire thread. I had the same problem as you. So many solitaires out there, they can make you dizzy! Hope you find the right one soon!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. Super quick fly-by here as somehow I have managed to get all 3 kids that I''m watching (ages 2,3&4)all asleep at the same time. Whew! I am seriously in awe of women that have 3 or more children and how they do everything. I was so tired by the time the other two kids left my house yesterday that I went to sleep at like 9! I think I might actually lose weight this week running after them b/c I took them to the park and we played soccer for over an hour and I promise I did not sit down all day! Anyway, food has been good today and I hope to run this evening when Adam gets home and Andrew''s friends go home. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 2:05:23 PM
Author: steph72276
Hey, guys. Super quick fly-by here as somehow I have managed to get all 3 kids that I'm watching (ages 2,3&4)all asleep at the same time. Whew! I am seriously in awe of women that have 3 or more children and how they do everything. I was so tired by the time the other two kids left my house yesterday that I went to sleep at like 9! I think I might actually lose weight this week running after them b/c I took them to the park and we played soccer for over an hour and I promise I did not sit down all day! Anyway, food has been good today and I hope to run this evening when Adam gets home and Andrew's friends go home. Hope everyone is having a great day!
You are super woman Steph, for sure the baby whisperer! heehe My nephew poops me out and that is only 1 kiddlet. hehe Great job
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey kids! Did the circuit thing at the gym today. I really wanted to take the easy way out and just do the dreadmill, but then I realized I had done cardio two days in a row so I made myself get on the machines.

Gotta get the mutts out before the rain hits, but I''ll be back later!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results