shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 19th October till 25th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, sorry I''m late. I''m having a bit of a rough day. If interested it''s in LIW but if not that''s ok too. I ran the stairs 50 times last night, did push ups, crunches, bicycle crunches, squats, bridge, plank, and cross punches. So I worked up a sweat. I''m supposed to jog with girlfriends this afternoon but dunno if I''ll be up to it. Blah

DeeGee - Orlando you will have soooooo much fun! What are you doing, business? Pleasure? Disney? hehe If you need dinner ideas or anything let me know, my aunt lives there. I love it there.

hope you all have a great day

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, we got an inch of rain! yay! Just back from a very cold brisk walk! burrrr, I had on a sweater and a jacket. Tomorrow it is suppose to get back into the 70's I think. I am making a chicken dish; I wanted to make a Ginger Thai chicken and forgot my recipe book and was staring at all the choices of fish sauce. Who knew there were so many choices and kinds of it??!?! So I have to go back tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day and thanks for your kind words on my pic!!!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TLH!!!
36.gif
36.gif
wooohooo for your run! Hope you are having a fabulous day!!!
emcake.gif

MARCY, hope you got to bed early and slept well sugar.

ROD, sorry it was such a long day, hugs friend! woohoo for your uber workout; you are awesome!

DRAGON, we just flew into Jacksonville and then flew out and stopped at Singletons so I don't really have an opinion but from what we saw it looked very green. hehe How far are you from St. Augustine?

DIVA, awww, your wedding pictures are beautiful; what a gorgeous bride!!!! happy 1 mo anni!

DEEGEE, yay for going to Orlando, I bet it probably cools off when you go out there. I think it cooled off when we left St. Augustine and I checked the weather channel and it did cool off into the high 70s. Sounds like fun visiting Disney; I wished we had more time to head that way! hehe Sounds like a wonderful time and you and your hubby sound adorable!!! woo hoo skinny mini! hope you feel better from the shot.

CJ, I love lentil soup, yum yum and packed w/protein and fiber
3.gif
yum to cake too! woo for your workout!

SS, poor little JT but he has a fabulous momma so I bet he soon forgot. Yay for your workouts!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Happy Birthday tlh!!!!! Have a great time at dinner with your inlaws. I don't think I've ever been without bangs. They're supposed to be the side swept kind, but they insist on going all the way across my forehead and sticking in my eyelashes. Hair never cooperates!

Hi Marcy! Too funny that you ran into an old coworker that didn't recognize you. Someone that I hadn't seen since I started losing weight saw Matt & me from behind at the grocery store last week, and she told me that she thought Matt had found himself a new woman. Funny! Covering 2 jobs stinks. I hope you got to bed early last night.

CJ - I keep breaking my wrist because accidents find me! (broken 4 times - car accident, fell down garage stairs & broke elbow also, ice skating accident, tripped over a cat...all within the last 11 years) I grew up with a pool in the back yard, and I used to swim laps for exercise as long as the pool was open. Loved it!

HI Diva!

Dragonfly - I'm really looking forward to my trip even though only a few days are for pleasure. I haven't been to Orlando in probably 11-12 years. It's only a 1 1/2 hr flight from here, so we really should go more often. The Disney Magical Express will pick us up at the airport and shuttle us to our hotel. We don't plan to get a rental car, so I guess we'll spend our time doing Disney stuff. I'm soooo looking forward to getting out of town!

Sorry you're working so hard and exhausted, Rod! Hopefully you got some good rest last night and feel energized today.

HI Skippy! I need to find new things to cook. I get so overwhelmed looking at recipes because I'm not a cook. I need the simplest, most detailed recipe book they make! Hope your dinner was yummy.

So today was weigh-in, and I've lost 49.5 pounds so far. I told the ww lady to hang on while I take my pants off to see if I could get to 50! Seriously, I weighed my pants this morning and they weighed 14.8 oz. Since I've had on pants for every weigh-in, I decided to spare the ww lady the sight of my undies and shoot for 50 pounds next week. I decided to change my goal to 60 pounds so that I'll be closer to the middle of my ideal weight range for my height, so...10.5 lbs to go! Tonight I had a Boca burger on an Arnold's flatbread bun for dinner. Matt should be home in a few hours - yay!!!! Everyone have a great day tomorrow!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TLH!!!!!! I hope you had a Super Wonderful Day Today!!

Hey.......I did not sleep well last night at all. I was super tired. Maybe too tired. But I tossed and turned, then Charlie''s alarm went off at 5 and I couldn''t go back to sleep, so I figure I had no more than 3 hours sleep. I was dragging at work most of the day. I met Charlie at the little diner we go to for dinner. He''s leaving tomorrow for Buffalo for a long weekend with his family. I''m staying home and looking forward to a few days of doing pretty much whatever I want to do. Tomorrow''s night a gym (assuming I actually sleep tonight).

Hey Kimberly! I''m glad you''re chugging along!!

Marcy, isn''t it wonderful when you see someone and they don''t recognize you??!! That''s happened to me too and it''s such great feeling!!

Welcome to our healthy family steel. I''m glad you''ve delurked yourself and hope you stick around! Good for you for losing some stubborn pounds too!

I guess it is Pahnts time of year for you Dear Lorelei. Just come on over here where it''s lovely this time of year.

Ah, such a pretty view Skippy!! And yes, we get a water view non-stop!! you''re right St. Augustine is a one day (or evening) kind of town. It is charming though.

tlh, I can certainly relate to your dad''s job. So many people are about to lose thier homes and I''m sure he has to hear lot''s of sad stories too.

dragon, I sure can relate to nil sleep and feeling like butt!! LOL I''m impressed you did stairs and squats without little sleep. I''m sure it will get cold again for you and you''ll be able to wear your sewaters again.......I''m willing to bet money you won''t be the last to cross the finish line. Far from last would be my guess!!

Hi CJ, I hope you had a good swim and gym. Sorry about the yucky weather headed your way. I acutally had to see a neurosurgeon after experiencing severe pain down my leg (which everyone here had to hear about daily for 9 long months). Fortunately, he didn''t want to operate until after I tried physical therapy (which I did 3 X''s a week for 3 months) and if it didn''t work, he''d have to operate. Fortunately, for me (and everyone here on the HLT, who had to be sick of hearing about my pain daily) it worked. I hope you''re able to figure out what''s going on.

Thanks Diva, I don''t know if I have kind hearted painted on my face as most, if not all of these people are distant from me, but it does seem the word is out, that if you can''t find work, you should call Rod and he''ll listen and offer advice. I am believer in "what goes around, comes around" and I hope that if and when the blasted economy turns around, some of these people will remember I was there when they needed me. Oh and happ first month-iversary!

I hope hubby enjoys Disney deegee. It can be hot or cold in early November, so make sure you pack both ways......I''m sorry you had a reaction to your flu shot. A super YAYAYAY for 49.5 (really 50) pounds!!!

Thanks SS!! There really is a Wally World? Wasn''t that a name in one of the National Lampoon''s Chevy Chase Vacation movies???

OK......Enough from me for one night..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I went to work a bit early to try and get some things done before heading off to my class at the community college.The class was from 10 am to 3 pm then I went back and finished up a few things at work before heading off to school.When I got home Marty and I had some slow churned ice cream.I got a roast ready to cook in the crock pot tomorrow.I will make us some of the steam and mash potatoes when I get home and we will have some veggies with it.That way I will have some leftovers for lunch on Friday.

I was good this evening on food but horrid today.At work we had some of those little containers of bread / cake things so I had a slice of that.Then at the class they had cookies and candy setting around the class so I had some of them.They put out sandwiches, chips, soda and brownies for lunch.I had a bad stomach ache when I got back to work – hum I wonder why.But I will get up and start again tomorrow.My calories are planned for the day so now I just have to stick to them.

I talked to my student tonight who always keeps me late after everyone else leaves. She is probably in her 40’s.She lost her husband a few months ago.She is about 260 lbs and we were talking about her bad back, knees and feet.I had mentioned to her before I’ve had both knees operated on so she started asking me questions and I finally showed her a before picture.She got quite interested in what I did so I referred her to Sparkpeople to find out how much she should eat to lose weight.She is very concerned about her health so I hope see finds something that works for her.She was very intrigued that I was able to lose weight without working out.I told her when I started I had to lose about 75 pounds before I could do much of anything and then I used one pound weights to work my arms and walked about 5 minutes.It is all about starting somewhere.

Tlh, Happy Birthday!

emotion-19.gif
emgift.gif
How fun to have a new hairdo and your movie collection sounds great.I didn’t do well on stress at work today – hence my bad rash of snacking.I rushed through my work before going to class and that is why I ate that cake / bread.Then I was worried during class about being behind at work so I ate those snacks setting there in front of me.They have a little bowl on every single table with candy, Grandma’s cookies, snack mix, chips, etc.I think I need to take some 100 calorie snacks with me next time and just move that stupid bowl out of my reach.It was too convenient today.

Hi Diva.

Dragonfly, it sounds like you had a great workout today.

Skippy, wow that is a lot of rain.We were in the 30’s today and will be in the 40’s tomorrow.I cannot believe it is so cold here already.I did get to bed about 30 minutes early.Marty got up about 4 am this morning and even though I stayed in bed I did not really fall asleep again.

Deegee, I just had my bangs cut back a few weeks ago.I patiently grew them out for about 2 years but no matter what I did I still needed barrettes so I had them cut again.I am still having hair fall in my face though.LOL.That is too funny about your friend thought Matt had found a new woman.The same thing happened to me and my friend was about ready to light in to Marty.She said “so, where’s Marcy”.I said – “it’s me”.I swear she was already dialing my phone when she thought Marty was out with some other lady.You should have dropped the pants to get to that 50 pounds.LOL.Seriously, congratulations for being so close.

36.gif
You’ll reach your new goal before you know it.

Rod, I hope you sleep better tonight.Tell Charlie to have a fun and safe trip.Yes, it is nice to have people not recognize us.Yay for the new us.

Take care.

Marcy

35.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies
35.gif

I thought I would join this thread as I would love to have people to talk to about my exercise and diet, I think FI is getting sick of my daily recaps of what I have eaten
3.gif

I started "dieting" and exercising around a month ago. I started at 78kgs (171.6lbs) and I last weighed myself on monday and was 73.3kgs (161.3lbs). My ultimate goal is 55kgs (121lbs).. I am hoping to achieve this by my wedding which is December next year. I think that I can do it
9.gif

I keep a daily food and exercise log, and on a standard day it looks like this:

Exercise
- 30 mins of weight training
- 30 mins of cardio
- Ab exercises

Diet
- Bowl of high fibre cereal
- Green apple
- Tuna and salad
- Strawberries
- Chicken and salad
- Low fat yoghurt
- Lots and lots of water
** some days I add in protein bars or more fruit depending how hungry I am

So far I feel like things have been going really well, although I have been obsessing a little to much, hence why I asked FI to hide the batteries in the scales. I have been a yo-yo dieter since in my early teens and am determined to overcome the cycle. I want to look amazing in my bikini in Hawaii for our honeymoon.. it is great motivation
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the thread Danielle!

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone! and welcome dannielle! (just make sure you are consuming enough calories where you are not fatiguing throughout the day (1400 should be MIN).

Running late on posting this week againnnn. I got called into sub 3 times this week, tennis is finishing up, and professors are all deciding to hand out assignments all at once lol. Funny how that happens. Not stressing yet; but had to skip a few work outs. Hopefully soon i''ll get back into my regular routine.

Im glad to see everyone doing well, sorry i late with the happy birthday TLH! And whoever posted that picture of the beach outside the window = AMAZING! What a view!

I get some free time this weekend, ill stop in again soon guys! Take care

Hoorah TEAM T-Rod! lol keep at it buddy!

-Ted

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the thread, Danielle. Congratulations on losing 10 pounds already.
36.gif

Looks like you are keeping busy, Ted.

Have a great day!
35.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! Well I''m feeling a little better today. I ran stairs again last night and again this morning. PHEW lol. I''ve been doing more of those as a) I haven''t made it to the gym and b)I''m hoping the resistance will give me that little last bit of oomph I need. I''m trying to eat really well too in preparation. I also am volunteering at a book sale the morning before, but fortunately I''m just shouting out prices. My grandmother and Aunt will be there supporting me (SO had to be home to help my dad repair his truck as he currently has no vehicle, and mom has to work), so that''s exciting! GAH It''s only 3 days away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eeeeeeeppppppp SQUEEEEEEEEEEE I''m running a 5k LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I''m starting to be excited.

Skippy - We are about an hour and a half from St. Augustine. The fun thing is we have several fun places in between, like Palatka which has the oldest drive in Diner in the US. But we do like to go over for the day, it''s my refuge really. I might have to have us retire there, b/c my entire body literally relaxes when I cross the bridge and enter that city. I can''t begin to explain how much I love it there.

DeeGee - You will have sooooo much fun! Orlando has grown a lot. If you get free time, you should go hit the new mall that has Bass Pro shop, it also includes a Ron Jon surf shop, a western wear store, and an indoor skate park (and you can watch the skaters for free).

Rod - sorry you didn''t sleep well. I''m really really determined this week, so sleep or no sleep, I''m running those stairs

Steel - Where ya at girlfriend?

Lorelei - how''s everything over there, are you freezing yet?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all.

tlh~ Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry I missed the actual day! How did you do with the cake eating?? My birthday was Sunday and JT and DH made me a pink cake so I HAD to eat it. And then I HAD to eat a piece for the next two days! Luckily, DH got rid of it for me.

deegee~ WOOHOO for you!!

Rod~ LOL. Wally World is what we call Wal-Mart. But, yes, I do believe that was also in a Vacation movie!

Marcy~ What a wonderful woman you are! I''m so glad you''re using your success to inspire others.

Dannielle~ WELCOME and congrats on losing 10 lbs!

I''m doing really well with Spark. I''ve added a couple snacks to my day to add some more calories and nutrition and I''ve started taking a multivitamin. I was keeping track of Calcium and a few other nutrients and realized that my BIGGEST Calcium intake was 8. That''s right, 8. Osteoporosis at 30 doesn''t sound good to me! Seeing the nutrition info has inspired me to make better choices too. I''ve started making 2-3 veggies with every dinner. I used to only do that once or twice a week. And, to inspire myself further, I bought some cute workout clothes. Now DH wants to watch me workout
20.gif
It is so unnerving for someone to be staring at me.

That''s all for now.

Have a great day!!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Hope it''s a good day for everyone so far!

Hey marcy! The steam and mash potatoes are really good. I swear by them for Derek because he loves potatoes, but I never feel like making them from scratch. In reference to your student, it''s refreshing to hear stories like those. Just the idea that she''s interested in changing is really good. And I''m glad she has you as a good influence.

Skippy, yay for the rain! I actually like rain as long as I''m dressed for it. But rain and cold? Not so much. It weird how weather just fluxuates, doesn''t it? We''re up to the mid 70s today and will dip back into the 40s by Saturday. Break out the sweaters!

deegee, congrats on your loss so far! WOW!

Rod, Sorry about the rough night. Hopefully you''ll sleep better tomorrow.

Welcome Dannielle! I really like how you have things mapped out! Keep up the great work!

Hi tap!

dragonfly, glad to see you''re doing better.

Not much going on here. I went to my gym today to change my name and billing info just to find out they cancelled my membership!
6.gif
They cancelled it because they received returned mail while I was away on my honeymoon. Honestly, that''s kind of strange because I had my mail forward setup at the post office. What stinks is now they not only want to charge me cancellation fees, but all reinstatement fees. Eek! Needless to say I''ll searching for another gym. And I can''t wait to find one because I''m itching to go back. To tie me over I''ve been running on the track in my complex and some yoga.

Work is ok too. Derek and I work for the same company and on the same floor. It''s an interesting experience to see your husband from the time you wake up, go to work (we have the same hours), come home, then go to bed. LOL! It''s fine for me, but I don''t want him to get bored so I''m looking for a new job. Hopefully that''ll come sooner rather than later.

See you guys later!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Danielle - Sorry I missed your post! Welcome aboard, and glad to have you!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Diva! Sorry about the gym drama... that is soo not a fun thing to come back to! I work with my hubs, and you know.. it isn''t bad. We run together, walk to and frmo work together, work together, sometimes even eat lunch together... and you know - I dont'' get sick of him. (Unless he is being a turd and rushes me through a story, which makes me go bananas!) So you might want to enjoy it- and see if it is an issue... granted my hubbie works in a different building - so it isnt like I see him ALL DAY.. so I guess it is different. ***DUST** for your job search and work decision!

DF- Sorry about your troubles w/ your FF. I wish you the best, are you and him running the 5k together on Saturday? I hope that you are still able to maintain focus, as you were training hard for this event! Oo the book sale sounds fun!

skippy- I know, it was FREEZING this morning, I''m still in my jacket... so the cold weather is coming your way! Yum, I bet your dinner was yummy! Thank you for my bday wishes, it was AWESOME!

deegee- Ha! You are too funny, I''M TRYING to keep them down on my face, and they only want to sweep to the side... funny that my wish is your frustration! U are just 1/2 a pound from the half century club - I AM DOING A HUGE PARTY DANCE FOR YOU! Whoop whoop, whoop whoop in my hula hoop! (THAT MEANS YOU ARE 50 pounds less... NAKED! OH YEAH!)

Rod- thank you for my birthday wishes! enjoy the solo time- working out your hot ROD bod!
9.gif
Hope he has a safe trip to buffalo and a nice time w/ his fam!

marcy- wow you busy lady! You are like WONDER WOMAN, seriously! I love that you are an inspiration to everyone you meet, and talk to. You are an incredible woman! Don''t worry about all the candy- you will walk away those calories looking at the stars! Speaking of the stars... Orion is like directly UP. Venus is like SE.. and NE is the (big? or little?) dipper... which one is it? I think it is the big one, because it looks huge, but I almost tripped running looking up trying to find the mate... is it not in the sky yet? Oh, and that sideways "W" that is NW from due north... is that the archer''s bow? I get confused about certain patterns, and I''d love to know what they are! I couldn''t wait to log on and ask you what I SAW!!! (Thanks for my birthday wishes!!!)

Dannielle - I think you can do it too! Congrats on your 10 pound weight loss to date! that is incredible! GO YOU! I think your diet and eats are great, way to incorporate strength training! Don''t be afraid of the scale.. embrace it. It is just a number - it does NOT define you. YOU Define you by what you do every day.. the choices you make, and the life you lead. ((HUGS!)) Keep going, you''re doing great!

Lorelei -
35.gif

TED- Thanks for my well wishes - sorry you had to hop off your routine. It isn''t bad when it happens, I just know how much I ENJOY my workout routine, and I think you''re the same.
28.gif

Shiny- thanks for the birthday wishes! I had a tiny piece of cake w/ some neopolotin ice cream! Yummy strawberry! yeah, i''ll probably eat some cake today too... My dad sent me this funny e-card about a hippo who loves cake... which is funny, because I DO, I LOVE CAKE... it is sooo good- so I have to be careful.. hence why I''ve not signed up for a cake deco class as of yet!
9.gif
I love spark too! Way to incorporate all the nutrients and food groups into your eating.. hmm I think that is a que for your hubs to start DOING the workout.. not ooglin ya! but come on.. that''s GOT to make you feel GOOOOD!

Hello and Happy thursday- again thanks everyone for my birthday well wishes. My birthday was awesome! Everyone made me feel special, and for someone who doesn''t like their birthday much, I sure get a lot of love! Dinner was ok. The healthy restaurant I picked IS CLOSED for renovations.. so we ended up going chinese next door. So I ordered the soup - and a cucumber salad. WOW, was that soup SALTY. I''m holding onto 4 pounds of water weight! Bleh. So, today was fun! My hubs decided to run part of the way with me. Since his race is this weekend, he can''t go as far as I do this week - so he had to drop off after a few miles, but it was funny - as I continued running I ran into a guy I see almost every morning.. and we got to a seperation, and we were seperated by 5+ feet tall bushes... and he literally jumped up w/ his arm straight up in the air, waved it all exaggerated like and yelled "GOOD MORNING!" I had to laugh. I always wish everyone a good morning and smile and wave, but figured he wouldn''t see me over the bushes. Usually he just gives a little wave, so I figured he isn''t much of a waver- and when he jumped up, I just had to laugh. I guess those little runner waves are important.. and even though his is small every other morning - I guess he wanted to be sure I knew he wanted me to ahve a good one.. and of course I yelled " Good morning!" back! I tell ya.. the people who are up before 5 running, really are the NICEST people.. have to be! No - non-morning person would be that crazy! hahah!

So everyone have a fantastic day! Wishing you all a super awesome - diet friendly - incredible workout, day of fabulousness!!!!

"Practically perfect in every way, just as I suspected." Mary Poppins

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
TLH to answer you and to voice some thoughts:

SO isn''t running with me no. He enjoys running but didn''t want to wear a pink shirt
20.gif
. We might do one in early spring together.

BUT.. I''ve had this weird suspicion.... See, SO isn''t supposed to be coming, nor my mom, or anyone else. They''ve all had things "come up" that have to be done (my dad''s truck needing to be fixed, SO sold his old car and needs to clean it up, mom got called in to work). Grandma is making a big deal of going with me.... but I dunno... I''m wondering if I might not end up with some huge familial cheering section with SO there. He''s even acted like he didn''t even know when I was leaving (Sat afternoon) "oh yeah yeah that''s right, cuz you have to work the book sale".... So I dunno... I hope I''m not just planting ideas into my own head.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the welcome! Sorry I have been MIA...I am not myself at the moment
offtobed.gif

Skippy: The rain is insane here too! It was dry when I went out today and ended up walking most of the way with my coat ove my head!

Deegee: WOW almost 50lbs! Great job. That burger sounds yummy....

Rod: I hate not being able to sleep - it is very frustrating. So are you on your own for the weekend? Thanks for the welcome!

Marcyc: It seems you might be an inspiration to that lady in more ways than one. That dinner sounds yummy.

Dannielle: Daily food logs can be scary! Well done for losing weight. Hop

DFly: The book sale sounds hectic - was it fun? I could never run 5k! Wow.

SS: Happy (belated) Birthday, that cake sound Dee-lish!
9.gif
<--- at least your DH is supportive.

Diva: I have never heard of a gym cancelling mbrship so easily! Usually they track you down like a bloodhound to continue mbrship! Hope you find a better gym.

tlh: Glad you had a great B-Day. Too funny the healthy choice eatery was closed. You can't fight city hall!

After me giving out about DH I must admit, I am snacking really badly at the moment
15.gif
; I am only really eating breakfast - skipping lunch and dinner because I am so worried about this job (I am waiting the results of an interview) then I nibble on Special k bars (3 so far today.. I know..slap my hands). I feel so sick most of the time. But hopefully today will be the last of my doom and gloom and I can get back on the wagon this weekend. I am still way under my cals for the day - but eating the wrong cals. I walk for 3-4 miles (takes 1hr) every day and still am doing that but feel sluggish because my eating is sucky. I bought a packed of Doritos today for then I hear the bad news - I am trying to limit my comfort food to that and a couple of full fat cokes & brandy.

ETA: On a good note we started plastering last week and finished upstairs this week. It looks great. We are doing it in stages because so we can be sure we have the cash in advance of asking the plasterers to start. The great news is that DH and I have installed our last piece of kingspan (thermal insulation boards) and plasterboard. That was a crap job- take my word for it. Good news it that I have a perky bum from all the work up and down on tressels! Who needs the gym. Even DH has noticed my rear perking up
9.gif

Lore:
hen.gif
The girls are soggy. They look miserable in the rain. I have started giving them a slice of wholemeal bread soaked in water a' la ding-ed for 2 mins so it is toasty hot as their breakfast porridge. They go mad for it. They also had new spuds today and yesterday as I bought a bag on Aldi special but never used thembecause I am not eating dinner at the moment. They love their salad spuds
18.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
STeel - I actually work it Saturday morning coming up. It will be hectic, over 300,000 books. ACH
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
40.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Steel.... do you have chickens? Is that what you are talking about? I WANT CHICKENS

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 4:31:51 PM
Author: dragonfly411
Steel.... do you have chickens? Is that what you are talking about? I WANT CHICKENS
Yes, I have 3 hens: Agnes, Ethel & Hettie. They lay an egg each evey day and are the best girls ever. They have such great personalities. I had a thread on it somewhere...
34.gif

300,000 books; that sounds like Heaven
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends; I had to attend a long meeting today and during the lunch break I got the fish sauce. I am going to make the Ginger Thai Chicken tonight, yay!!! Last night we had Udon noodles w/shrimp and stirfry veggies; it was pretty good.

We have SNOW on our MOUNTAINS; it looks so purdy
30.gif
but it is so cold!!! it is warmer than yesterday though! I am feeling lazy about working out today; I think I might just go for a short walk
1.gif

HAPPY THURS FRIENDS
35.gif

DEEGEE, I have several WW cookbooks I love! I try recipes from there but I first look through the books at the meetings to see if the meals appeal to me before I buy a book but there have been some really good recipes in my books. YAY YAY YAY for 50 lbs eeeh, you weighed in late so I am sure it is more like 50.1 lbs
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You are a super star!!!

ROD, aww, I am so sorry; not sleeping is the pits! I hope you slept much better last night. Yip, you can do St. Augustine in a day or 2; you were right!!!!
9.gif
It actually gave us time to visit w/family thought. yay for a beautiful view; I smile when you write about you and Charlie looking at the beautiful water eating your breakfast, awww!

MARCY, with all your walking you do you will be fine! YAY, for inspiring people! That is great you are encouraging that lady; some people wouldn't stick around to listen and encourge someone so yay for being so sweet!

DANIELLE, yay, we do all that kind of talking so talk to us!!! Awesome on the workout!

TED, good to see you and yay for your workouts and teaching!

DRAGON, yay for running stairs!! How fun to someday retire out there. Yay for your upcoming run!!!

SS sounds like you are doing awesome! Isn't it interesting how much veggies and fruits we miss when we don't track it. I read that eating fruits and veggies and dairy keeps us fuller longer and the fruits and veggies are excellent sources of fiber and vitamins. Yay for you!!! LOL about your dh; he loves you. too cute!

DIVA, oh my gosh that would make me so angry at your gym. I don't blame you for leaving and finding a new one but huge kudos on working out even though you are in that transition!!!

TLH, you are special! Yay for your wonderful day!!! Agh for salty food; I don't like it when it is too salty. Yay for running w/your hubs; you two are adorable and so inspiring! hehe to the runner, cute!

STEEL, our rain stopped but we got snow on our mountains; it is pretty cool to see. Hey my hubby and I both had pet chickens growing up. awww for chickies!!! hehe Fingers crossed about the job, lots and lots of PS dust. Yay for walking.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh I made the Thai Ginger Chicken tonight and it was fabulous!!!
18.gif
18.gif
I am not big on ginger except in cookies but the flavors were wonderful!!! I will post the recipe up top in the stick recipe thread for anyone who is interested!! Oh by the way it is a weight watchers recipe so only 7 pts a serving! hehe
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I had another horrid day at work; I am looking forward to May when we slow down for a few months.The roast beef and potatoes were delicious.We have some leftovers for lunch tomorrow plus I have 2 lunches for next week.Bonus meals.

Dragonfly, I am glad to hear you are feeling better today.Woo hoo for running a 5K.We’ll be cheering you on from afar.

Somethingshiny, that is wonderful you are doing well using Sparkpeople.That is a great website.

Diva, I agree those steam and mash potatoes are wonderful.I told the ladies at work today about them; I said I’d probably never make them from scratch again.It was nice to hear my student worry about her health and her son’s health.She said he was over 300 pounds.Maybe they can help motivate each other.That is rotten about the gym; I would look for a new place too.Marty and I work at the same company but we rarely see each other at work other than lunch. We play cards with a few other people then.I like riding to work with him when the weather is bad.Good luck on your job search.

Tlh, Marty works in another building too.It is kind of strange that 3 of us here work at the same place as our husbands.Yes, Orion is straight up, Venus is bright in the E now, the Big Dipper is out and so is the little dipper but it is actually not very bright.If you use the end stars in the bowl of the Big Dipper and draw a line straight up from them you will hit a star which is Polaris; the north pole star.It is the end star in the handle of the Little Dipper.The W you are seeing is Cassiopeia.It can look like a M, W, 3 or sigma.The Archer is a summer constellation and looks more like a teapot but you can’t see it right now.The bright star you are seeing to the SE is probably Sirius.Is it to the lower right of Orion?How COOL you are checking out the stars for me.Too funny about the guy wanting to make sure he waived at you this morning.I am delighted to hear you had a nice birthday.

Steel, sorry you had a stressful day.Good luck on the interview.Yay for finishing the last piece of kingspan.

Skippy, yay for pretty snow on the mountains.That student has kept me late quite a few times but I am glad I talked to her and I don’t think I will be so irritated about staying behind to wait for her.It is good to remember everyone has things going on in their lives.Your ginger chicken sounds great.I still need to have Marty pick me up some gingersnap cookies from TJ.

Rod, we are probably posting at the same time.I hope you had a good day and I am sure you are glad tomorrow is Friday.I know I am.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Skippy: It is great when you find a new recipie that works for you! I am not keen on ginger either but it can really make a dish pop. In my experience a bland meal is not as filling as a spicy or just plain flavoursome dish.

Marcyc: Sorry you had a crap day. Roast dinner is so yummy and you are so right to keep it going with leftover meals - tasty and effortless.

I am happy it is the long weekend now. It will be nice to relax. I don''t even mind the rain - that is why we have raincoats and wellies! I went on the usual walk today and got soaked, but I don''t mind as I got to have a warm shower whn I got home.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning. Usually hubby and I go to lunch on Fridays but today he is building a habitat for humanity house w/his friend. I love when he does those things; he usually does this a couple of times a year. Hopefully there will be a time they paint and i can help; I wanted to help but they are doing drywalling and I guess those boards are heavy. I wanted to go take him lunch but they provide a lunch for them.

I will be going for a walk when it warms up a little later this afternoon; I guess we are getting a cold front! It will be in the low 60's and then some storm maybe on Sunday? Sunday I am suppose to hike with my friend in the mountains but we will see. HAPPY FRIDAY and happy Weekend friends
35.gif

MARCY, phooey to a bad day; hope it is better but yay for the weekend being here!

STEEL, wooohooo for your uber walk in the rain and a nice warm shower! I love that too! hehe

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I WANT A CHICKEN

the end.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
DF- you know, my SO runs most races w/ me, but when he doesn''t he''s on the sidelines cheering... and you get some pretty sweet pictures this way too! So even though he''s not wearing pink, it will be cool to have a cheer section and possible awesome race photos! so here''s some family coming to cheer you on dust **************************************************

Steel- I totally get you on the snacking thing. I usually NEVER snack... and because I usually never snack - I''m really throwing off my calories as of late. I''m sorry that you''re really stressed out about the dream job... but it is awesome that you have some tush lift! NEAT that you have hens!

skippy- yummy, I love stir fry veggies! you always have the best dinners! I wish we were roomies! me, inspiring? WHoa! That is sweet- and makes me feel really special (she says as she puffs out her chest.)
4.gif
You sure know how to make a girl feel good. I still think you should be the weigh in lady at WW - you are too perfect for it! oh and fresh ginger has awesome cancer fighting abilities... I hope your hubby has a nice time doing habitat, that is really awesome of your hubs. You two are incredible people!

Marcy- I LOVE BONUS MEALS of hearty "midwest food". YUM. I am sorry your day sucked, but at least dinner made up for it. I''ll have to look again, at the stars, you know what is funny, I was looking up remembering about "cassiopia" and was like.. hmm which one are you? I thought it was something around Orion''s belt. HA- and to know I was actually LOOKING at it just confused. Okay, I''ll try to follow the cup of the big dipper to find the little one.. hmm I think I was looking at both. I am lucky because we dont get too many clouds out... so the stars really shine bright... for a city that is. I don''t get the full blanket like when I''m out in a place less populated, without the city lights.

Happy FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
35.gif
Today is a great day. The eats have been BAD lately. Though I''m trying my darndest. And wow what you put in the body, really determines what you can get out of your body. My run this morning was buggy. But I wasn''t going to beat myself up too much. Tommorow I''ll be sure to load the miles on... but that means, no more birthday cake for me... because 2 days of cake and icecream really threw things off kilter. Fortunately because hubs has his race his folks don''t mind not going out to dinner every night, so at least I have a little control over the eats... which is nice. I''m in a stage right now where I''m CRAVING fresh veggies. I wish we had a garden... and in turn that I had a green thumb. Anyone that does, well I envy you... BIG TIME.

"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." --Greek proverb

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
So now my aunt is coming home a day early from CA.... something is definitely fishy
26.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly~ Something is definitely fishy. Let us know immediately!!!

I''ve been cleaning my grandma and grandpa''s house every couple weeks so that''s what I did with a huge chunk of my day. It usually takes about 3 hrs to clean the downstairs but today I also took down light fixtures to clean. And I cleaned two big floors on my hands and knees so I''m counting that as my cardio!! I did 30 min on my ball when I got home.

I''ve begun using wrist weights while working out. I figure a few more pounds will make the workouts more effective, no? Additionally, if I put them on tightly, they seem to be stabilizing my wrist. I''m still concerned that the stupid cyst is going to start making workouts miserable. I mean, MORE miserable....lol. Actually, they''re not that bad. I''ve gotten used to it and am slightly beginning to look forward to them. SHHH don''t tell!

Pizza is for supper but I''m also making a ton of veggies. JT will be trying broccoli and cauliflour tonight for the first time. I don''t like either of them but I''m going to gag some down so that he''ll try them. I''ve also got some yummy squash, cukes, and carrots. I''m baking them all together with some onions.

That''s all for now.

Have a good night!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
DF I hope it is good news!
36.gif

shiny- that is some cardio! WOWZERS! Be careful w/ wrist and ankle weights for very long - as it isn''t a natural movement, it can cause issues w/ hips knees, elbows and shoulders... however, it is probably excellent considering your hand injury at the moment... I hope your cyst doesnt'' come back. I had horrible bursitis in my knee last year, and it was quite painful - so I can only imagine that pain in my wrist! Esp with all that you do! INCONCEIVABLE!! (Princess bride anyone?!?) have a gr8 weekend!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
tlh~ Thanks for the heads-up with the weights. LOL, inconceivable, every time I hear that word I think of Princess Bride and Inigo Montoya saying "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

and then of course, one of the best sword fights to ever grace the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results