shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 14th Dec till 20th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
SS, I just thought of another core exercise with the swiss ball. They're called swiss ball roll outs. You kneel on the ground facing the ball with your forearms on the ball, put weight on your forearms. The roll the ball forward so your whole body is at an angle, your core is supporting your body between your knees and forearms. here's a link I found via google. I'd probably do the first level. TAKE IT EASY if this is your first time!!! I thought it looked simple but my core was SCREAMING at me.

Rod, sorry work's been crazy. Talk about last min indeed. I'm glad your gym workout did your body good :) Anyone remember those old milk commercials?

Marcy, Cool recipe! I think we'll make some for our gingerbread party. We're doing gingerbread and general sweet stuff decorating. :)

~Lisa

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Oh DJ- that makes you an even better friend!!! If working out becomes a part of your lifestyle, there is nothing wrong with a little moose tracks (though the bunny tracks is one of my favorites!) Heck I always run better the next day with about 4 oz of beer w/ my lunch the day before!
2.gif

Lisa- OMG, gingerbread is a total weakness for me - and molasses cookies!
18.gif
***dust*** you find your wallet in a pair of pants or something. That is such a bummer! Though I think you and your sister are just dynamte together! Fun little explosive balls of energy!

shiny- Yup- planks are AWESOME. The pushups on the ball are a stallion move! But planks are terrific for the core- and all those baby shifting muscles! (so I''ve been told) GO SUPER MOMMY!

Marcy- Yay 2 more days (doing happy dance) - ha! I guess that is a good enough reason... have fun on your next batch of cookies. I love the smell of a warm kitchen in winter. To me that is what love smells like! warmth with a touch of cinnamon! Yeah, one of my mom''s is like from my great grandmother... it is crocheted (sp) wreath... and I just LOVE iT! THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THE RECIPE!!!!!

Superrod! So glad you hit the gym, keep up your Mr Atlas body! Glad you liked the tips, and I hope that your candidates pull those jobs!

Everyone HAPPY THURSDAY! This morning''s run was awesome. It was cold, and my tummy is still bright pink... but my hubby ran with me AGAIN! We took a detour through some of the neighborhoods to look at lights, so our pace was pretty slow, but it was fun... one of the cactus'' was lit w/ musical lights. It was fun! Then I had a big bowl of warm oatmeal to warm me up. The funny part was when I was done, I was complaining how cold I still was, and my hubs just finished up icing his knee... and I''m like see - look at me. Then I lifted up my shirt, and my skin was as red as his knee was - that was just on ice for 15 minutes! My husband started laughing about my "estrogen induced chills" and I said that maybe if I was as furry as he is I could stay warm - and our little banter continued for a couple minutes - then we ran off to get ready for the day.
I''m starting to get a little worried as my hubbies gift hasn''t arrived yet. Well the "big one" I''ve got plenty of gifts for him under the tree, oh yeah! and his christmas undies haven''t arrived yet! This year I bought him special sports undies that help wick away the sweat. I dont know, but it was always our little joke about getting socks and underwear for christmas - so I usually try to get him something "underwear" related every year... like undershirts, socks, or undies. It is my funny stocking stuffer gift to keep him guessing about his "christmas undies". Well I was noticing that his undies get all sweaty during the runs... and was thinking - man - we''ve got wicking shirts and shorts, and stuff for our arms and legs - but what about the undies? Those are pretty gross. I mean, cotton is not an athlete''s friend. So I found him these undies from Champion. I don''t know if they''ll work or not - but thought it might be fun to try out... since it is the time of year- and would make the tradition complete... but they haven''t arrived yet! EEEK! So that is my little freak out! (And for those wondering about distance running/sports, underwear DOES matter and for the ladies curious, I personally have found that the hanes boy short undies that stretch aren''t too bad about staying in place and moisture control.)

It''s the most wonderful time of the year ~ With the kids jingle belling ~ And everyone telling you "Be of good cheer" ~ It''s the most wonderful time of the year ~

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all! I am doing a fly by this morning. I got in 3 miles today on the treadmill. Got in 30 mins of yoga last night. I''m planning some weights tonight to stretch my shoulders and work them some.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
tlh - my hubby has the wicking boxer briefs and he really likes them! He says they keep him dry and they offer a little support in that area (he was previously wearing regular boxers to go running in).

Hi Everyone! Just sneaking in. I read, but don''t really post. Not much healthy to report lately anyway as I''ve been swamped with school work and work work. Oh well, I am off for 2 weeks starting Monday so I will definitely get somem workouts in!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Marcy~ Yay for a long vacation! Have fun baking, your recipe sounds delish!

lliang~ Thanks for thinking of me with the roll-outs. I''ve been doing those since I got the ball. I really think that''s one of the best exercises for slimming the midsection and toning at the same time. I also modify it to put more work on my arms too. Another one I do is kind of a reverse plank where you put your calves on the ball and lie on the ground then lift up into a plank. I''ve found another one I can''t seem to do now. I don''t remember what it''s called, where you put your hands on the ground and put the ball at your knees and pull your legs up to your chest. If you can think of anymore core exercises please let me know!!

tlh~ "stallion move"?? I don''t know what that means. Thanks for the support! lol about the undies. My mom has always gotten my DH and bro and BIL ugly undies for Christmas. She makes a day of finding the most heinous boxer shorts ever and then lovingly presents them to the boys. They look forward to the ugly undies more than any other gift!

DF~ YAY for a great workout! Have fun tonight!

Hi, Danielle!

hello all! Hope you''re all having a good day!

I''d like to get in a full workout again today but my tummy muscles are still sore. I''ll take it easy (something that I''m still not quite used to) but still try to do the whole workout.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
lliang I watched that video for the swiss ball rollouts. Holy moly. That guy in the video looks awesome. I have a swiss ball at home and have been looking to find more exercises, so I'm totally gonna try that tonight!! Hubby also loves the swiss ball, so he uses mine, even though he's waaaaay taller than me. But there's no way we can fit two swiss balls in our tiny apartment.

SKIPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are a true gem of Pricescope and we are lucky to have a day to celebrate you!! And it sounds like you've had a stellar year fitness-wise, so that's even more reason to celebrate. How is your back? Takin' it easy, I hope?

I saw my surgeon last night and we went over my MRI. The only option really for a torn meniscus like mine, especially because of the synovial cyst that has developed within the tear, is to cut it out
7.gif
He said a 100 surgeons would tell me the same thing. Good thing is, the surgery is waaaay simpler than I thought. I may not even need general anesthesia - he said I can watch the surgery if I want!! So cool! He said gen. anesthesia will be on hand in case it gets complicated, but I can choose to stay awake. It's a one hour ambulatory procedure and I can weight bear immediately. Formal phys. therapy is not necessary, rehab exercises can be done on my own at home!! 3-6 wks after surgery I can return to normal activity. So that's all great. The downside is that in 15-20 years I may develop arthritis from not having that part of my meniscus
7.gif
I really really really don't want to fall apart. So my surgery is scheduled for Jan 25th. Poop.
7.gif

I decided to take a session with a personal trainer last night at the gym, and am so glad I did. I'm supposed to avoid jumping and twisting (no Zumba or mini trampoline class!) for now, so we focused on core and strength training. Feels soooo good!

It's amazing how much water weight I've been carrying. After cutting out a lot of sodium from my diet (a suggestion in the Eat to Live diet), I lost 3 pounds in the past 1.5 wks. My lunch today was so tasty. I sauteed some sliced mushrooms, red and green kale, and leeks this morning. Threw in some soft tofu and pinto beans. Then at lunchtime I made some instant veggie broth and spooned in my veggies from the morning. yum yum. mushrooms are so fantastic.

DJ!! You are a goddess of the elliptical machine. 65 min? And I know your track record. You will get back in line in no time :) It's funny that you went to Chipotle 3x in a row, because this week one friend sent me a msg saying, "is it bad if I want McDonald's for the 2nd night in a row?" and yet another told me while we were on the phone, "i'm in the Wendy's drive through." AAAAAaaaaaahhhh!!! Naughty! Chipotle is tasty, so I can feel your pain. Congrats on stopping it at 3 though!!

SS, I can't remember correctly, but was it you that I used to talk with about yoga on this thread? I know you will reach your goal in no time. Def by February! You've already lost so much of the preggy weight.

Gotta get back to work. Hi Rod, Marcy, DeeGee, Lorelei, tlh, dragon (you rock! sounds like a great workout last night!), Danielle, phoenix and anyone I missed!! My computer is being wacky and won't let me read the other posts now.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I confused the pregnancies! I''m sorry! SS you are strengthening your core for your current pregnancy and Phoenix you are losing your preg weight. Is that right? You ladies are amazing. I hope I remain as conscious of staying fit as you both, and I''m not even pregnant. Nor have I ever been.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
df- great job on your shoulders and run!

danielle- THANKS! I hope my dh likes them too!!!
36.gif
Enjoy whatever workouts you can, at least the break from the stress, that is for sure! Because keeping your stress low is healthy - and can be better than a workout!

shiny- you know... like the Italian Stallion.. I use that when something is soo Rocky body-awesome! I''m glad the boys like their ugly undies. I''ve seen some pretty awful ones.... that made me laugh! Gosh, I don''t remember where I saw them... maybe target online? Good idea to take a day or two rest, before trying again. as you get stronger you can wait just a day between musle groups!

CJ- YAY to no gen an! That is fantastic news! What a relief! Try not to worry about the arthritis now, just take care of your body the best way you can, good nutrition, your vitamins, and proper lifting/bending techniques. You know, same stuff your Dr will tell ya. ((husg!)) Great news about the lost water weight. I know I should be watching my sodium a little more closely - so thanks for the reminder!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you friends for all the birthday wishes; you all are the BEST!!!
35.gif
SS, thanks for the cake, super cute! hehe Yesterday was a nutty day; I did some holiday shopping for my mom and bought myself sunglasses as a treat to myself on my bday. It as a great day but lots of errands.
3.gif
Hubby came home and we had fondue w/apples, bread and brussel sprouts (my new favorite veggie); it was definitely a treat! Then we went to 31 flavors and I had a small scoop of ice cream. Hubby wanted to get me a cake but honestly I don't need a big ole cake in the house! hehe Actually this time around having lost the weight I enjoy eating healthier; I just feel better and can't handle the heartburn with all the heavier foods, etc. Tomorrow hubby has the day off so we are going to a museum and the movies; not sure what we will see.

Today I took my dad to pick up some Chanel perfume for my mom, no. 5. So I get home and briefly talk about the perfumes (just in general since I bought some for my sister) but in secret she told me she doesn't like no. 5 but COCO; tomorrow I need to wake up and go exchange it, oy. Glad I found out for my dads sake though. eheheh Holiday shopping is tough!!!

I have been getting lots of walking in and I am feeling better. Core time; I started yesterday with my ball to strengthen my back and abs and I will slowly work on harder stuff. Hope everyone has a great Thursday!!!
36.gif

SS, yay for the workout w/out feeling sick. bless your heart!

ROD, sorry work is super busy but yay for the workouts!!!! you are awesome! Hey I always think of you when I eat fuji apples and I have them often. hehe

TLH, woohooo for your uber runs!! Yay for hubby working out with you.

DRAGON, woohoo for your 3 mile run!

DANIELLE, good to see you; don't work too hard. glad you pooped in!

MARCY yay for a vacay for the holidays!!

CROWNJEWEL, thanks honey. I am doing lots better. Oh I am sorry about the knee but glad the surgery is much simpler. Prayers for a speedy recovery in Jan. hugs Yay for the core!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........I need heaping truck loads of PS Dust. Repeat........Huge Truck Loads...............

We met with our realtor tonight and a young doctor who rents a condo in our building and he made an offer on our condo. It''s not a great offer, but it''s the only offer we''ve had in the 2.5 years we''ve had it on the market. He needs to speak with his medical practice (he''s an oncologist) about the financing (evidently doctor practices finance homes - who knew?) and assuming all is good, the offer will be put in writing within the next day or two. We so need to sell this place.

It''s late and I still have some work to do, so Hey To Everyone. I hope you all had a great day. I''ll try to do a better job saying hello tomorrow night.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everybody!

tlh - your Christmas jewelry sounds cute. I don't have even as much as a Christmas shirt! Maybe something like that would help me get in the Christmas mood this year. I need something...I've been a big ole scrooge!!! And I'm going to poke my hubby hard in his broken ribs if he doesn't forward me the list of things he wants that he keeps promising he has. I haven't bought him a thing.

Lisa - That stinks, losing the wallet and having to replace everything. What a pain!

shiny - I still haven't inflated my exercise ball. You have inspired me to do that tonight.

cj - Sorry you have to have surgery again. When hubby had ACL reconstruction 16 years ago, he had to have a large part of the meniscus removed. He is just now starting to have arthritic trouble with that knee, but the doctor told him the best thing he could do would be to stay active and continue playing sports.

rod - That's too bad your work has been so crazy lately. Hope you're able to take a few days off soon and get some rest! Dust and good luck!!!!

marcy - those cookies sound yummy! I hope you enjoy your time off with Marty. You work incredibly hard, so I hope you get lots of rest and do whatever you want to do!!

Skippy - Glad you had a good bday! I can't do brussel sprouts, which is too bad because they're really good for you. Have a great day tomorrow with hubby!!

Hi dragonfly, phoenixgirl, DJ, & danielle!

Hubby and I are heading to Cincinnati tomorrow, so I've got to get packing. He asked if I wanted to go shopping before the concert. Heck yeah! I think it's safe for me to buy new clothes in my current size since I only have 2 pounds to go. Speaking of which, I seem to be stuck at 58 pounds lost. I'm hoping it has to do with swelling from my hip injury and the medicine I'm having to take for it, and I haven't been able to do much in the way of exercise. I was hoping to get to my goal by Christmas and that may not happen. But I'll get there! I have 2 pairs of pants in the correct size and wore one of them with a sweater that fits today, and it felt so good to have on clothes that actually fit! I got so many complements, which really made me feel good. I'm taking my skirt and boots to Cincinnati tomorrow and I'm going to try really hard to work up my nerve to wear it this time! Everybody have a great weekend, and see you next week!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ROD, sending TRUCKLOADS OF DUST dust~~~~~~~~~dust~~~~~~~~~dust~~~~~~~~~dust~~~~~~~~~dust~~~~~~~~~dust~~~~~~~~~

DEEGEE, have a wonderful trip!!! YAY for 2 lbs to go, you are there! woohooo! I am sorry about your hip sending healing dust/prayers your way honey!!!

LISA, I missed your earlier post; I am sorry about your wallet. I hope it turns up.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
CJ~ Yes, I''m pregnant and working on my core. Yes, we talk about yoga. Gosh, you really haven''t been around for a while!! lol. Sorry to hear that you have to have surgery but glad that it should be simple. Dust for you to have a complete and quick recovery!

tlh~ Sorry, duh. I should have gotten the Rocky reference. My bro is the biggest Stallone fan ever. My goal right now is to be able to do cardio 5 days a week throughout the pregnancy and strength training for only 2-3 days a week so I''ll always have recovery time between the strenuous workouts.

Skippy~ Glad you had a good Birthday, hope you have lots of fun tomorrow! Yay for the ball!! I am so glad I decided to try one.

Rod~ As requested, truck loads of dust are being shipped to you! Good luck with getting a good offer and selling the condo!!

deegee~ Yes, inflate that ball! There are so many exercises that you can do, and it seems to me that because you have to balance throughout the movements, you''re pretty much always doing the exercise correctly. Wow to 58 lbs lost!! Have fun in Cincinnati! btw-ROCK that skirt!!

I''m down a total of 15 lbs. Obviously I wasn''t trying to lose weight once I found out I was pregnant so I was pleasantly surprised. I want to keep my weight gain under 20, preferably under 15 lbs. So, being 15 lbs down, I hope to not get too much over my "pre-pregnancy" weight. I did a cardio bootcamp, or attempted to today. My heart rate sky rocketed so I had to back it down a bit. But, I''ll still work at it to try to build up. After my ball workout, my abs felt much better.

See you tomorrow, have a good night.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
TLH, Yay running with your hubby again, but boo about being so cold. How much time do you have between your start of your run and when you leave for work? It sounds like you guys have a nice leisurely AM, I''m jealous! I hope your husband''s gift arrives in time. I''m getting James running tights. He doesn''t like his, it''s between baggy and tight, so it ends up looking weird. I figure he can use it on our ski trip this year too. So cute about the undies. I definitely suggest non-cotton undies if you''re doing anything active in cold weather. I made mistake of wearing cotton undies while skiing one trip and COOOOLD! Never made that mistake again.

Hey Dragon! Yay on the tready workout

Danielle, HI!!!!!! We''re cheering you on for some Christmas workin'' out!!! :)

SS, The exercises you''re talking about that your knees roll under are called "Jackknifes" or sis and I call them gerbils. The upside down reverse planks would be hamstring roll ins. Hm... One core exercise that has to deal with rotation (so check with your doctor) is plank position. Then pick up your right leg (you can bend it), and cross it over to the left side of your body and tap the ground behind and to the left of you. Your whole torso will rotate to the right. I just emailed my trainer for the real name, so I can find a video link for it again. I''ll keep thinking of what else we''ve done that''s not crunches. We also did what he calls Russian Twist.

CJ, I''m glad your knee won''t need intense surgery. Hopefully you''ll be back and ready for action soon. Lots of dust and healthy thoughts. Your lunch sounds super tasty! Mmmm...

Skip :) Yay for new sunglasses! I love sunglasses. Yay ice cream too and your self control for not getting a whole cake. Your and hubby''s date sounds so sweet and fun: Museum AND movies. So cute you helped your dad pick out a present for your mom.

Rod!! hear that?? that''s the truck. backing up to dump down some house selling dust. :) Keeping fingers crossed. Do you guys have somewhere in mind to move to?

Deegee. Yeah super stinks about my wallet. I''m really bummed about it. Have a safe trip to Cinci. The weather in Chicago is supposed to get yucky, so safe travels! Yes! Wear the boots & skirt. You''re going look AWESOME because you are awesome!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
SS, haha. You''re right I forget so much whenever I miss this thread for more than a week!!! I''m so ashamed
15.gif
. But I shall not forget anymore!! I''m in desperate need of strengthening my core too. So perhaps lliang can be our coach. I''ll try to think of some good core exercises I''ve done in the past. Just on the swiss ball? Or any kind of core exercises? I remember side planks being especially brutal, but I noticed progress in my ability to do it as my core got stronger.

deegee, thanks for telling me about your husband''s knee surgery. I''m comforted in hearing that he was able to be active in the 16 years after his surgery. But I''m also heartbroken to hear that the arthritic symptoms have started!! So it''s true
7.gif
How are his docs treating his knee now? Is he still able to stay active? ANYWAY, congrats to you for shopping for new clothes! 58 pounds down is a huge accomplishment and should definitely be rewarded even if you feel like you''ve plateaued. I don''t have any advice on being plateaued, but hope you have a very successful shopping trip!

skips, i lovelovelovelovelovelovelove brussels sprouts. You know what''s funny? I had never tried them until I came to this thread and Mara used to talk about brussels sprouts. She told me how to cook them and I''ve been hooked ever since! It''s nutty how much I love brussels sprouts. Actually I brought some in today for lunch! And they''re such cute little things, aren''t they? Yes, I think my food is cute. You are such a good daughter to do the perfume investigation and purchase! Have fun with the rest of gift shopping.

Rod, DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTsparklyDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUST DUST DUST. Wait there''s more. DUST DUST DUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTsparklesparkleDUST. DUST. DUSTDUSTDUST. carpal tunnel. Lots of dust to you guys! Where will you go?

lliang, that''s so awesome that you can email your trainer like that. I was able to email my swim instructor all the time, but I''ve never had a trainer who was open to receiving emails from clients. Your trainer is waaaaaaaay cooler than any other trainer I''ve met.

I''m still feeling the aftermath of my training session from Wednesday night. Love it. I think I can get out of work early today, which means I''ll have time to go to the gym before my friend''s Hanukah party. She''s making latkes. I''ll help but will try to restrain myself from having more than one. I''m back down to my preThanksgiving weight, but still have another 9 pounds that needs to be rearranged on my body. Hopefully some of it will get converted to muscle in the process too. But anyway, the weight loss is so encouraging that I am able to calmly make decisions about what I eat. I feel like I have more willpower. When I started trying to eat healthier and work out, I felt like a wild woman with no reasoning or ability to make decisions. Like, "aaaahahaaaaaaaa I must eat that entire bagel! I will die if I don''t! Need cream cheeeeeeeeeese! I feel so faint! aaaAAAAaaah! Must eat more and more!" None of that anymore. Thank goodness. It just takes a few pounds lost to jumpstart the the process.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
skippy- That is sweet of you to do the purfume exchange for your dad! Also glad you had an excellent birthday and are keeping the eats in check.

Rod- *************DUST***************

Deegee- Oh no! It is funny, I always give and get lists but usually NEVEr actually buy anything off of it. I always look at it as cheating. But the funny part is I usually give pretty good gifts. So I guess if he doesn''t give you a list I''d give him some Dr Hoy''s sport cream and an ace bandage, and maybe a tickle me elmo- because of his rib injury! haha! Of course there is always the duraflame log - instead of coal! Have a safe trip! PLEASE WEAR THE SKIRT AND BOOTS SEXY LADY!!!!!!!! (but watch that hip!)

shiny- I think your plan is excellent! Good for your little peanut to workout with you!
1.gif

Lisa- Um, I think I get ready in half an hour after the run. Quick shower, blowdry, and I already had my clothes laid out... so I''m pretty quick... and have my routine down to a science... though if we run faster, we might have 45 minutes.
2.gif
I hope James likes his tights too! And I am checking on those undies... it is gonna be close! I might actually tip the UPS man if he makes it!
4.gif

CJ- oo that must have been some session - WHOOP WHOOP! Have fun at the Hanuka party! And congrats on the weight loss... I know you can do it!

Everyone HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! Today is my rest day. So last night hubs and i did some yoga and strength work. Then we ate some froyo! YUMMY! I enjoyed sleeping in this morning more than usual. Tomorrow we''re doing our long run... and I''m EXTRA excited for it. WHOOP WHOOP! I just LOOOOVE running for time, versus running for miles. Totally different outlook - and less mentally taxing too. If anyone is training for a marathon ever - I totally recommend it. You''ll be less likely to end up injured - and it is less doom and gloomy to think of the time vs the mileage. I''ll probably have subway for dinner - and just relax tonight, I may even go out to look at Christmas lights!

Hermey: Hey, what do you say we both be independent together, huh?
Rudolph: You wouldn''t mind my - red nose?
Hermey: Not if you don''t mind me being a dentist.
Rudolph: It''s a deal.
Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Friday before X-mas kids!!!

I don't know what got into me this morning (other than the horrified memory of what got into me last night at the company holiday party, to the tune of about a dozen appetizers of various bad things, all wrapped in some sort of puffed pastry shell

20.gif
) but I went for a good run. Was actually sorry I only had 40 mins (because I kept hitting the snooze button over and over... ); would have liked to keep going. I'm sure this will never happen again so I'll bask in the glow of it until I blow it come lunchtime, LOL.

ROD - Sending a TON of dust your way!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta go do a dozen things before my 10:30 meeting, but be back later!
35.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
CJ~ I''m not supposed to be doing any hard exercises, just easy ones, so I''ve stuck to the ball. After the first tri, I''m not supposed to do any on my back.

lliang~ thanks for the new link. Yowza!! I do the hamstring roll-ins, but that''s not what I was talking about for the "reverse plank." You hold the position and then drop your hips (not all the way to the floor) and then back up. I think it''s called "pelvic something". CJ has a great idea about you being our coach!! What do you think??

I did 5 10 second planks yesterday and I will try to build up. I''m a bit afraid to do the side planks because I don''t want to screw up my wrist again.

I''m sick today so no workout at all. I feel a bit miserable so I''m gonna go.

Have a great weekend, all!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
DJ- yay! I love that feeling of a really good run. Glad you felt that way after those apps - usually the next day is my worst run - so that is pretty awesome of you!

ss- enjoy your planks and ab workout - have a gr8 weekend!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
SS, try doing side planks on your elbow, and not your wrist. It's less taxing and you still have to work your core. It's easy to be lazy and let your hips rest on the ground so you have to pay extra attention to that.

~Lisa

PS: I posted about my video trailer in the BWW forum if anyone wants to see it. Link to post

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi folks! We ended up not going to Cincinnati tonight because the weather turned ugly really fast. We can handle driving in snow, but freezing rain is a whole other story! We had already dropped Lily off at the kennel and were on our way when we decided to turn around, pick Lily up and head home.

shiny - If a pregnant woman can do exercises on the ball, I can too! That's actually the only thing other than walking my back doctor has told me I can do. The one I bought is a pilates kit, and it came with resistance bands, a dvd and some other things. Since I'm stuck at home tonight, I'm going to watch the dvd to see what it's all about. I hope you feel better.

ch - hubby has done everything as usual for the past 16 years. He started having trouble this summer and had to have some pt. He's not to the point he needs to be on arthritis medicine, but he's realizing the importance of really good, supportive shoes. He still plays basketball and baseball, and pretty much does whatever else he wants to but has given up skiing. I think he mainly did that out of fear of messing up his good knee!

tlh - you sound super creative when it comes to gifts! I tell the nieces and nephews that they have to give me lists or they get gift certificates!! I'm afraid I'm going to get snowed in and not be able to finish shopping tomorrow. Boo!!!!

Lisa - your video trailer was AWESOME! It made me cry. Weddings make me so darn emotional! Everything looked so gorgeous and perfect!!! Your dvd will be an absolute treasure.

Hi Skippy & DeeJay!

More dust for you, Rod!

Have a great weekend everyone.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, tlh! I''m sure you''ll be running as always, so have fun and be safe!

lliang~ Thanks for the modification. I''ve tried on my elbow and it does still work the muscles so I''ll definitely be doing that!!

deegee~ Sorry you didn''t get to go to your concert. Also if you have Fit Tv or Exercise TV and a DVR, you probably have some ON DEMAND programs that use the ball. I had to flip through a bunch but I did find a handful that use the ball. One of them teaches you to do weights on the ball, it''s supposed to be more supportive for your back. Good luck with your ball!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! It''s way past my bedtime and I didn''t sleep well last night however I wanted to send dust to our friend Rod.

Rod, sending a ton of dust your way.
35.gif

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Brrr-it''s cold and snowy outside. We have been without heat for most of the day, so I''ve been under a pile of blankets. We only have about a foot of snow, but it''s a very heavy snow that has brought down lots of power lines. Our electricity has come and gone all day. One of our major roads, the WV Turnpike, has been shut down since last night and the National Guard is trying to get to stranded motorists with blankets, food and water. That road is usually pretty packed, so there are probably lots of stranded cars. Those poor people! I''m so glad we decided not to travel last night.

My good friend had her baby last night. That sweet little baby was kind enough to come a few days early so that her mom & dad could get down the mountain and to the hospital before the rain turned to freezing rain and snow. Her dad sent a text with a picture right after she was born. She''s a cutie pie!

Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay warm!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friend, oh my goodness I have been doing all sorts of shopping. I helped my parents out so they wouldn't have to drive in the madness; I am pooped!
3.gif
I went to Target too for something quick and the parking lot was packed at 10am!!! eek, be safe out there!
35.gif

My hubby and I went for walk; the weird thing is that my hip flexors feel tight and sore (no longer my lower back) for some reason. I have been stretching them but I found some core work and hip flexor work that I am going to do see if that helps? Otherwise the weather is nice here, 50 degrees;
emhot.gif
I just finished washing my car and sweeping the garage.
1.gif

Today I was talking to a friend; I felt bad for her because she is about my age and over the past year has been trying all sort of diets.
14.gif
I mentioned weight watchers to her but I guess she just needs to find what works for her; I could hear the frustration in her voice but her hubby walked by while we were talking. She does workout so that is a plus. Oh well, hopefully this thing will work for her that she is going to try. I did mention she could do WW and eat what she likes but it is about portion control, etc.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

SS, wowzers, down 15 lbs is super awesome!!! You sound like you are doing great and you sound super healthy!!! yay for you!

LISA, om goodness you and your hubby are so gorgeous; I loved the video!!! What a beautiful family and looks like it was a fantastic wedding!

CROWN, that is so cool you love brussel sprouts; I think it is the funniest that I found out this past week I love them too! I love that they have this wonderful nutty taste to them and they are filling and delicious; score!!!! YAY for an uber workout you awesome CJ!! Yay for being back down to your preThx weight, great job, you will lose the last part in no time!!! lol to bagel and cream cheese, well the alternative (Western) bagel is pretty good and WW cream cheese is yummy, as a low cal alternative.

TLH, yay for you and your hubs, you guys are awesome!!!! woohooo! I love looking at xmas lights!

DEEJAY, yay for your run!

DEEGEE, sorry about Cincinnati
7.gif
; sounds like it is a good thing you stayed home, lots of snow in the east and in the midwest. YAY for your friends baby. oh no to no heat; I hope it is up soon! you poor sweetie pie!

MARCY, hey there home you slept better, hugs.

ROD sending TRUCK LOADS OF DUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......Thanks for all the dust. I think it''s working, but we won''t know for a couple days. The buyer (our neighbor) spent the day Friday comparing financing options. Because he''s a doctor, he thought he could get 100% financing, but the best he may be able to get is 90%. We saw him at the gym today and he said he''d be ok with that. So, hopefully, we''ll have a contract this week.

When we bought out condo, we had worked for the same company for 16 years and our income was very high. When the company closed all the FL offices two years ago, we both lost our jobs. While we''re again employed, we make a fraction of our former incomes, so we''re doing to downsize significantly. I don''t if I have to say things like "Do you want me to supersize that today?" or the ever popular "Welcome to WalMart!" I don''t ever want to be in the position we''ve been in where the money going out doesn''t come close to the money coming in. We have been casually looking for some time. The good news is there are lot''s of new condos in the Tampa area and real estate prices have come down significantly. So we''ll be able to get a lot more than we imagined for a lot less.

We had a nice day today. It cooled down enough that we could wear sweaters! My folks in Southern Maryland have 18 inches of snow on the ground. It''s the biggest snow this early in December in history. What''s that about Global Warming?? I do worry about my parents being snowed in, but fortunately neighbor already checked in on them and they have plenty of food and if they did lose electricity, they''ve got a gas log fireplace to warm things up. Our high in Tampa tomorrow is going to be in the 50s......brrrrrrrr, that''s cold to us.

I''m sorry for not writing you all individually. After we worked out at the gym this afternoon (a really strong workout btw), we went to the mall to do a little holiday shopping and grab a bite to eat. We got home just a while ago and it''s already 10:30 PM. So, I''m going to sign off for now and hope you all had a great Saturday. Thanks again for the dust. Please keep it coming as we don''t have a signed contract yet, but we are truly hopeful.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I am so excited to be starting my vacation.Woo hoo!Last night we had our astronomy club pizza party then went to a going away party. The going away party was at a private club bar and most people were playing poker (with the high stakes of 10 cents per chip).I only watched and visited with people.We got home pretty late.This morning we went out for breakfast and did some shopping then we came home and I made my last batch of cookies for the family Christmas and a big batch of mac and cheese for the same. I got my few presents wrapped too.Tonight we are going out to supper with my parents, my sister and brother-in-law.

Rod, that is interesting about companies looking to get people hired now.Marty is going to offer a lady one of his manager’s job and they are trying to get her employed by the end of the year so her benefits will kick in earlier next year.That was kind of strange to hear.

Lisa, let me know how your gingerbread party goes.I might go take the class on Monday but I will see what I am doing.

Tlh, gingerbread cookies are yummy.Yes coming in to a house that smells like something like cookies are bread is marvelous.How nice your husband ran with you again.

Dragonfly, glad to hear you got in 3 miles on the treadmill.

Danielle, have a nice vacation.

Somethingshiny, some of my cookies today are golden brown all right (I like them barely done) but I was distracted wrapping gifts at the same time.That is great you got in a full workout again.

Crownjewel, your knee surgery doesn’t sound bad at all – maybe I will get my knee looked at the next time it kicks up.I am pretty sure I have something torn too – not arthritis related.Yay for getting rid of extra water weight and also for being back to your pre-Thanksgiving weight.

Skippy, sounds like you had a wonderful and healthy birthday.I hope your friend tries ww.

Deegee, we were in Sam’s tonight and everything is sure picked over there.Hopefully you’ll get your husband’s list and you can find some great bargains.Congratulations on wearing great fitting skinny clothes.Sorry to hear you didn’t get to Cincinnati but I am glad you made it home okay.Ice is a scary thing to be driving on.I hate to hear you’ve been without power some today.Congratulations to your friend had her baby before the storm got nasty too.

Somethingshiny, yay for starting your pregnancy 15 pounds down.I hope you are feeling better.

Lisa, how is the weather there?We are still pretty chilly here and ice still isn’t melting.

DeeJay, some mornings you just need to hit the snooze alarm.A 40 minute run is a great way to start the day.

Rod, I am continuing to send dust your way that your neighbor makes an offer.

I am off to clean my jewels and hope to get a decent night’s sleep.

Take care.

Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi folks!!! Week till christmas! Yikes!!!

deegee, I"m glad you played it safe and didn''t travel to Cinci. The weather was quite dodgy this weekend and sounds like you guys made the right decision. Thanks for the compliment on the video. :) BRRR! No heat?!? That''s crazy!

SS, Yay! Glad you can do side planks with the modification :) Rock it, lady!!

Skip, you''re such a sweetheart to go shopping for your parents. My mom used to have us go shopping for her all the time. I told her that we''re not coming home in time to do her shopping so she better order stuff online. :) Thanks about the video :)

Rod, I hope the dust is working, it sounds like it. Awesome you''ll be able to find something you like for less than what you thought originally. 50s is cold for Tampa, but boy am I sure jealous that''s your *cold* weather :)

Marcy, Yay vacation!!! That''s fantastic. Have fun and safe travels ;-) The gingerbread party went wonderfully! We ran out of powdered sugar (and the grocery store across the street was out too!) so it required a bit more structural supports using graham crackers. Everyone always has fun at the gingerbread parties. We made a few cookies for people to decorate too :) After gingerbread, we did hot pot and then headed over to a friend''s holiday party.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It was chilly down here today, brrrrrrrr. I think the hight made it all the way to 56 degrees. Charlie had to be at work at 3 PM and won''t get hime until midnight tonight. Retail during the holidays is tough, that''s for sure. Eating''s been good today. I had a salad for lunch and for dinner. We''ll have sushi tomorrow night. Otherwise, there''s not much to report. I can''t believe it''s already Christmas week. Santa will be here before you know it and all I want for Christmas is a contract on our condo!!

Yay for starting your vacation Marcy! Yumm to mac and cheese. I''m going to wrap gifts tonight while Charlie''s working..........Thanks for the dust dear friend.

Lisa, I can imagine 50s would be like a heatwave to you guys, but trust me, it''s really chilly for Tampa.

Deegee, sorry about the lack of heat.

You go SS!!

Hey Skippy and anyone I''ve missed the last few days. I hope everyone had a great weekend and I''m betting Santa is planning some wonderful surprises for all my healthy friends here on the HLT!!!

See you all tomorrow night.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!We had our family Christmas today.It was a nice day.I got up and took my mac and cheese over in my crock pot and started heating it; the macaroni got mushy but it tasted great.Next time I think I will not cook the macaroni quite as long.The little nephews were cute.The little one (5) tried to tell me he had to take all the little 8 oz sodas home because they were “just his size”.His mom doesn’t let him drink soda too often.I told him Marty had to work 2 hours of overtime to pay for them so he goes out to his parent’s car and brings me 4 quarters to pay for them.Too funny!I told him he could keep his money and take the soda home.I ate way too many of my cookies today but they were tasty and I sent them all home with the families.

We draw names so Marty got a gift card and I got a nice toasty warm blanket.My mom did well but I know she was tired.I will go over tomorrow and see if I can help her put things up.

I am watching the 3rd Ice Age now.I think I’ll watch the Star Trek movie tomorrow.Aah, PPV movies!They are always entertaining.

Lisa, glad to hear your gingerbread party went well.It sounds like a lot of fun.I notice the stores are getting picked over a great deal with everything.

Rod, I hope you get your Christmas wish.Wow 56 is chilly for you.Retail is very tough this time of year.I don’t envy Charlie working long, late hours and dealing with cranky shoppers.

Take care.

35.gif
Tomorrow is going to be a healthy eating and walking day.
9.gif

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results