shape
carat
color
clarity

He proposed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much! Everybody''s kind words mean so much to me.

PunchNPie, it''s funny that you should mention my nails. As of yesterday afternoon they weren''t looking so pretty. Having no idea that he was about to propose, I decided to give myself a little bit of a manicure. I figured it might be good to have them in better shape by the time we were going to go ring shopping next week.
2.gif
And it''s a good thing I did!

So, he asked me what we''re going to do Monday and Tuesday now that we don''t need to go ring shopping. My answer? There''s always a wedding ring to shop for.
2.gif
We''re not going to buy anything yet, but I can still look! And, Moonriver -- we''ve been planning on going to Tiffany''s just for fun. There''s one only a couple of miles from here and I''ve never been. So breakfast at Tiffany''s it will be.
1.gif

I actually just got back from horse races, dinner, and watching Father of the Bride with my future in-laws. (It was on HBO.) Indecisive, it was the Gold Cup we went to! How did you guess? Any chance you were there too? The company that my FFIL works for had a corporate tent set up, and I was introduced to his colleagues and bosses as J''s fiancee.
9.gif
It still doesn''t feel completely real, but it was great to hear myself being called his fiancee repeatedly. And I had a great time looking at all of the sundresses and hats and bling, too.
1.gif

Equestrienne, how far does a grand total of one dollar go towards a wedding?
2.gif
We''re just happy that we came out ahead, even if it wasn''t by much at all. Watching the horses was a lot of fun. With the Gold Cup itself, one of the horses went out very fast and the other two stayed with each other about 20 paces behind for the first two miles. I had a feeling that that the first horse was going to die, without knowing much at all about horse racing, from my track/xc experience. And it turned out that I was right! And we made a couple of dollars on that race, to boot. Oh, and are there sometimes tattoos on a horses inner upper lip? We saw officials looking at them, and I thought I saw some numbers or letters or something and was wondering if I was imagining things. There was also some terrier racing, and in two races every single dog was disqualified for either missing hurdles or from running around, rather than through, the finish. It was so funny.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to mention that I still don''t know more specs or have more pictures. The cert wasn''t where J thought he left it, and he wanted to enjoy the day rather than tear his room apart looking for it. He''ll find it later. And we were just so busy today that I haven''t gotten around to taking pictures. The fact that I''m going to have to borrow a camera or wait until I''m back at school complicates things a little bit too. But -- I promise that I''ll have them no later than next Thursday.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t go this year because I was in the middle of exams but my mom and aunt were there! I love Gold Cup... and it is definitely a good place to show off a new engagement ring! Your ring is so classy! Have you started looking at wedding stuff yet? We won''t be getting married for at least a year but I can''t help myself!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/6/2006 11:25:05 PM
Author: Blenheim
Thank you so much! Everybody''s kind words mean so much to me.

PunchNPie, it''s funny that you should mention my nails. As of yesterday afternoon they weren''t looking so pretty. Having no idea that he was about to propose, I decided to give myself a little bit of a manicure. I figured it might be good to have them in better shape by the time we were going to go ring shopping next week.
2.gif
And it''s a good thing I did!

So, he asked me what we''re going to do Monday and Tuesday now that we don''t need to go ring shopping. My answer? There''s always a wedding ring to shop for.
2.gif
We''re not going to buy anything yet, but I can still look! And, Moonriver -- we''ve been planning on going to Tiffany''s just for fun. There''s one only a couple of miles from here and I''ve never been. So breakfast at Tiffany''s it will be.
1.gif

I actually just got back from horse races, dinner, and watching Father of the Bride with my future in-laws. (It was on HBO.) Indecisive, it was the Gold Cup we went to! How did you guess? Any chance you were there too? The company that my FFIL works for had a corporate tent set up, and I was introduced to his colleagues and bosses as J''s fiancee.
9.gif
It still doesn''t feel completely real, but it was great to hear myself being called his fiancee repeatedly. And I had a great time looking at all of the sundresses and hats and bling, too.
1.gif

Equestrienne, how far does a grand total of one dollar go towards a wedding?
2.gif
We''re just happy that we came out ahead, even if it wasn''t by much at all. Watching the horses was a lot of fun. With the Gold Cup itself, one of the horses went out very fast and the other two stayed with each other about 20 paces behind for the first two miles. I had a feeling that that the first horse was going to die, without knowing much at all about horse racing, from my track/xc experience. And it turned out that I was right! And we made a couple of dollars on that race, to boot. Oh, and are there sometimes tattoos on a horses inner upper lip? We saw officials looking at them, and I thought I saw some numbers or letters or something and was wondering if I was imagining things. There was also some terrier racing, and in two races every single dog was disqualified for either missing hurdles or from running around, rather than through, the finish. It was so funny.
I am sure you noticed that a lot of the horses look pretty similar? Racehorses have to be tattooed on the inside of their upper lips, in order to provide a positive ID on the animal at all times while it is on racetrack grounds. This is to make sure that the horse that is entered in the race is the one that is supposed to be racing, and not a different one that has been snuck in. They can''t always go just by the horse''s coat color or white markings, they have to use the tattoo to ID them. My Thoroughbred horse was bred for racing, but they found out he was a dud so he was never tattooed.
2.gif

One dollar, huh? Better luck next time, big spender!

I had a manicure yesterday, too. I am going to try to keep my nails nice for the next two weeks as well as keeping myself from going all giddy with anticipation!
3.gif
Enjoy Tiffany''s!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Indecisive, the Gold Cup was the perfect place to spend our first day as an engaged couple! I''ve been looking at wedding stuff online, but I haven''t done anything yet. We''ve been throwing ideas around, but nothing is at all definite.

Equestrienne, that makes a lot of sense. And considering that we were limiting ourselves to betting a grand total of $15, a $1 return is pretty good for the day, right? We didn''t want to lose all of the wedding money, after all.
2.gif

PunchNPie, if you''re still reading this, we were talking some about whether he''s going to wear his kilt or his tux for the wedding. He was thinking that kilt''s not that practical, because he doesn''t want to be groomzilla and make all of his attendants buy kilts (which are pretty expensive, after all). I looked at your wedding pictures that you posted this morning, and realized that (1) kilts can be rented, and (2) having the groomsmen wear tuxes with ties that play off of the color of the kilt can look great. I might show him your pictures and see what he thinks.

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
Yay Yay Yay!!!! I am so happy for you and so glad that he was able to suprise you, your ring is so sparkly!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I love the story and the ring looks just perfect on your hand! And how perfect that you had your gold on for the gold cup! Indecisive beat me to it... I was proud of myself for figuring out that''s what it was! (I lived in NoVa for 5 years before I moved to Maryland.) I bet you looked beautiful in your sundress, hat, e-ring and a thousand-watt smile to go with it!!!

CONGRATS!!!

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
Congrats girl!!!! I know you must be ecstatic. Enjoy your happiness

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, Blenheim- Where is the wedding going to be? Will you be long distance planning from Michigan? I have links I could give you for local stuff here, maybe, but I don''t think they''d be as helpful if you''re not throwing your shin-dig here...

Sunmoon

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! In my engagement excitement I didn''t read the other posts!

WOW! And your ring is beautiful!
36.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oh Blen, I''m soooo excited for you!!! Congratulations on being engaged and having a FIANCE! That must be so much fun to say
2.gif
Your ring looks beautiful and I can''t wait for more shots of it
36.gif
Congrats!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS!!!! I am not a normal lover of yellow gold, but your ring just looks fantastic! I would love to see more of the profile of a gold xprong....

Glad to see you so happy!
36.gif

Patchee

Shiny_Rock
well its about time!!!!! Long waiting and coming to you Blen! My heartfelt congrats your way~! Whoohoo to you~!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
Congratualtions! can''t wait to see more pictures!
30.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
AAAHHH how did I miss this???? I was just glancing in the LIW list and saw you asked to be taken off and had to look you up!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
It sounds like it was just perfect and he got a great surprise in too!
9.gif
I''m sooo happy for you and the ring looks gorgeous!!! Can''t wait for more pics!!! (Maybe also of you in your sundress and fancy hat?
9.gif
) Sooooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!
9.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Oh how prefect!
39.gif
So romantic!! And your new ring is gorgeous!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
36.gif

35.gif
35.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Blenheim,
Congratulations!
36.gif
That is so exciting and you''ve got a great story to remember. I''m so, so happy for you!!

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
Oh my! I''m so happy for you--Congratulations many times over!

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
That''s terrific! Congratulations! Beautiful story too...lovely ring...now get us more pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results