shape
carat
color
clarity

He proposed! My ruby e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GirlCellist

Rough_Rock
I came home from a symphony concert last night to roses and candles everywhere, and my favorite love standing there with a ring box! It was beautiful :) It wasn''t a total surprise, but our original plans involved giving each other rings over a nice dinner! I gave him a tungsten carbide ring (he''s an engineering student, it''s a dense, unscratchable metal), mine is 14k YG cathedral set (6 prongs, kind of high off my hand, hope I get used to it!), with the .75ct African ruby that I posted about a couple weeks back, size 5.75. We''re going to add a couple of 3 pt. diamonds to the upper part of the band later on.

Pictures!

samering2.jpg

GirlCellist

Rough_Rock
Another of the two

samzacherings2.jpg

aeroo

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!! That ruby just pops. I love the richness of it, and it looks great on you! Any profile shots?

GirlCellist

Rough_Rock
Yep! Here are a couple of profile shots:

ETA: The head is 14k white gold.

sameringprofile1.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, and I especially love the profile. So graceful. Congrats!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful delicious candy apple red! I LOVE red! Congrats to both of you!

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
I just LOVE rubies, and yours is a scrumptious red (I want to take a bite out of it, like a cherry!)

Congratulations on the ring and the engagement.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful ring! i love the rich color of the ruby with yellow gold. it has such a lovely profile, and looks perfect on your hand!
36.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! I love the color of your ruby. It really shows off well on your hand.

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your sweet engagement evening -- and your beautiful and UNUSUAL new engagement ring. I have never seen a ruby e-ring in person -- but since I am an old geezer around here (I''m 42) -- I was living as a college exchange student in England when red-headed Sarah Ferguson became engaged to Prince Andrew...in 1986! The story was all over the papers that he had originally bought her an emerald ring (possibly due to the old adage that redheads look good in green) -- to which she replied that she''d really rather have a ruby! So a beautiful ruby is what she got! And shortly after that, as I would walk the streets of Oxford, England - all the jewelry store windows were showing ruby rings and ruby e-rings became all the rage in England for a while! So -- that''s my memory about rubies in engagement rings...

But here in the US in 2008, a ruby e-ring is stunning and very different and I know you''ll get lots of compliments! Congrats again...

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Aw...what a charmer
10.gif
....what a great tear jerking story
39.gif
. And your ring is lovely! Graceful and just perfect! SO happy for you!! Can you give us more photos? Maybe include the cello???
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!
That ruby is beautiful. I love it with the warmth of the yellow gold. I''m glad you found a ring that you can wear while you play!
It''s lovely!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO PRETT!!!!!!!!!!!! What kind of band are you thinking of?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely Gorgeous! love the YG and ruby combination, and the width of the band makes is perfect on your finger...Congratulations!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! I love rubies!!

Congrats on your engagement!!

GirlCellist

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all! I had a little trouble playing cello with it on (it''s a touch loose, the stone would turn and get in the way), but I think with a band to hold it still it''ll be totally doable.

As for bands... oh man, I''m not sure!! I think it''d be pretty to set a couple of 3 pt. diamonds in the e-ring where the band starts to taper up, but I''d also like a band with at least a little sparkle... I''m not sure how that would look together :) Maybe something like a channel-set band with little rubies or diamonds? What do you all think?

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement and you BEAUTIFUL new ring!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think diamonds and rubies for a WB would look AMAZING with that solitaire e-ring. I think this would look gorgeous, in YG of course....

diamondeternityreflec5.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another one that is different looking and more antique-y....again, thinking YG...

other ring.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is such a pretty ring...congrats on your engagement.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!
1.gif

GirlCellist

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Those bands are lovely!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring! Congratulations on your engagement!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is so pretty, congratulations on your engagement! Those bands are perfect, they would looke wonderful paired with your e-ring!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!! I love your ering, it''s beautiful!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love the red; congrats
36.gif

Lv2shopp

Shiny_Rock
How romantic!! Beautiful ring, congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results