shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA - realiable but to what extent?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GFORCE100

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

Throughout this forum there has been many siding with the fact that HCA is a very good representation of the diamond''s cut thus light performance but there have also been those that say it''s got flaws just as any other system.

Where is the actual truth in this?

To me it seems HCA pays more attention to light performance than actual exact proportions of the stone be it TIC or FIC etc. If this is indeed the correct way to grade a diamonds brilliance then why is so much attention put into numbers?

It seems the future will be more orientated with a diamond''s light performance than actual proportions as it still is today. The former will hence drive the price more than how proportions drive the price today. If this indeed happens then it will add credit to HCA?

I''m sure Gary''s smiling at the thought, but what do others think?
19.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its a rejection tool or as I prefer to term it a filter.

1000s of possible diamonds on one end.
filter by hca
Whats left are the ones that are worth taking the time to look into further.

Some of the ones rejected may be very nice diamonds but likely the best of the bunch will be the ones it passes.

A good hca score means it has the potential to be a great diamond not that it is a great diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results