shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA, GIA (should I buy this?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

set2374

Rough_Rock
Most jewelers and diamond vendors (47th Street, NYC), are able to provide me with GIA report, don''t have sarin reports or the equipment to generate them. I have asked for AGS reports, but they don''t seem to be that widely used in the area (of course, GIA and EGL are around the block, so it''s probably a heck of lot easier to for dealers to send the bulk of their diamonds to those two places). I would love to be able to use HCA, but it seems like a waste if I don''t know all the variables (angles, breakdown of percentages etc). Is there a way to use HCA with only a GIA report (no sarin)?

I have a deposit on a diamond:

GIA Cert
7.92-7.95 X 4.67 MM
58.9 Depth %
58 Table %
SI2 (eye clean)
G
Very Good Polish
Excellent Symmetry
No Flouro
No Culet

Any thoughts on how I can analyze the stone? The price is $8,960 (negotiated), which seems to be pretty good (in line with the lowest price other vendors were willing to go to for similar stones (on paper)). Does this stone sound nice? Good deal?

Eightball

Rough_Rock
How old is the GIA report ?

set2374

Rough_Rock
The report is from April 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results