shape
carat
color
clarity

Having trouble with Diam Calc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I was hoping someone could help me run a diamond calc on this stone. I am having trouble dowmloading the program.
here are the specs:

Here are the stats:
Gia Round 3.01
H color
Depth 59.1
Table 58.5%
Crown Angle 32.0
Crown Height 13.0%
Pavil Angle 40.4
Pavil Depth 42.3%
Culet 0.5%
Girdle Sl thick
Proportion 3
HCA 1.5

ALso..... any other input on this stone would be great! I think it might be a good one!

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Dimensions

Weight 3.02 ct
Diameter 9.41 (9.36-9.46)
total depth 59.1% 5.56mm
Crown angle 32.0 (31.3-33-6)
Crown Height 13.0 (12.0- 14.5)
Pavil Angle 40.4 (39.9-40.7)
Pavil Depth 42.3 (41.8- 42.8)
Culet 0.5%
Table 58.5% (58.0-59.0)
Girdle Thickness 2.6% (1.4-3.7)

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glamgirl,

I'm new with diamcalc so I'm going to let the gurus answer your question. I'll be watching and seeing if I can make a reasonable model on my own. Sergey, are you out there? Garry? Rich?

Neil

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1. I strongly recomend the HASP key version of DiamCalc - for an extra $40 you can easily install it and move and use it on any computer. And you can order it from me and I make enough to buy a bottle of wine www.ideal-scope.com

2. This stone is a bit warped - so parts will perform better and parts will perform worse. It is on the outer edges of a good HCA result, so its poor symmetry will not be good - a stone in the centre of the HCA red zone can have all sorts of symmetry prob''s and still perform well.

wobbly.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
maddog 20/20 Garry?

maddog20.jpg

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry,

What are the fire and scintillation fields on the cut advisor?

Neil

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Well This stone arrived today! I have to tell you I was blown away, so the Diam Calc confuses me. I forgot to mention the GIA report has the symmetry as Very Good, and the Polish as very good. I just returned a 3.20 AGS0 1B cut Ex polish/vg symmetry HCA 3.5 stone, and find this stone much, much more beautiful. The difference I notice is there is a lot of white flashes, and tons of color, but with more white flashes overall. It looks like a white fireball, and is lively all across the stone! My question was where does this fall for cut quality? Although not a AGS 0 1B cut there is sooo much flash going on, its hard to imagine this cut as average, let alone fair. Any input on this? I am begining to wonder, how could this be outperforming the AGSO????? Help!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Neil the grayed out options are not available - when they are all available we will have to charge you $5 per stone because it will be the full grading service.

This stone does get 1.5 on HCA - so it is in my opinion a very nice stone based on the 3 main proportions.

But it''s symmetry is not superb - and if you examine it from very close up it will appear darkish - but I am kinder to shallowish stones than most graders - and it is because I believe most people do not look at diamonds from 8-10 inches 9blocking light sources with their heads).

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry,

I''m certainly in favor of charging for services.
17.gif
Are you saying that DiamCalc is planning on implimenting a per-stone charge for those of us who have already bought the software or is this a fee for your valuable consultation services?

Neil

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sort of and not really Neil
31.gif

Once the full OctoNus cut grading system is completed and implimented Sergey will not be giving away his decade plus of development and research. But as part of his comitment to consumers, manufacturing users and other DiamCalc clients, there will always be a number of free services provided by OctoNus.

Some of what is coming is on display here http://www.ideal-scope.com/manuf_diamcalc_brochure.asp

Leonid is also helping by setting up a hosting for Gem adviser files in the Diamond Search by Cut Quality.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
I understand now, why I am seeing what I am seeing. Thanks so much!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results