shape
carat
color
clarity

Having Trouble Picking Setting for 1.25 ct round

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mollerd

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I seem to be so picky but nothing is clicking for me. Can someone suggest some really good web sites for great designs that don;t break the pockets. I have about $1000-$1200 to spend on a settingin WG or platinum. I do not want side stones but something with some sparkle. I tried on the one with the diamonds going all around .10 pt but it doesn''t seem like it woul dbe comfortable.

Thanks

dani13

Ideal_Rock
What about something like this- plain pave setting- from jamesallen.com? A little over budget at $1700, but so pretty with a round sparkly stone!

dcdpave.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why not go plain on the solitaire and go with tons of sparkle on the wedding band...an eternity band.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about the thin A. Jaffe half eternity band that I posted somewhere previously...it''s $900 in white gold for the e-ring and $900 in white gold for the matching w-ring. It''s got pave 1/2 way around and is pretty delicate looking. I loved it when we tried it on. And I loved the price! I will dig up a pic.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the set I was thinking of, you can buy two matching w-ring bands or just one. It looks good with either.

ajaffe20pave1a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
but here is another set i saw on Pearlman''s...not sure if it''s the same set or a slightly different. It was $1400 in platinum and w-ring was $1200. So WG would be a few hundred cheaper, so probably similar in cost to the 3 ring set I posted above. IMO if you want some sparkle but still a solitaire setting, these are good contenders, esp at under $1k each in WG.

ajaffe pave b.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Is your budget just for the ring or for both the ring and the band? Here is another option from James Allen website...it really depends on the style you are looking for.

www.jamesallen.com is the website. This one is $1,100 for platinum.

ETA: I posted the wrong ring, this is not on James Allen website, it is a ring my husband is considering, I will post the proper picture below.

jewelbasket_1856_1679639.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Also, you might consider channel set. This one is $995 from Whiteflash (www.whiteflash.com). Again it depends on the look you are going for.

gi_GA7320_m.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
This is the correct picture from the James Allen site.

image9999.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a facets band. .39 CT, PLT F/G VVS-VS $1,003.00 (I am not good at putting more than one picture in a reply.
17.gif

15470_thumb.jpg

mollerd

Rough_Rock
Hi - I tried this one on yesterday or something quite similar. I was just a little worreid it might not be that comfortable. It is nice though and definitely one I am considering. I am having such a hard time with this.

It seems like a lot of people posted a setting like this one. Interesting, Thank you!!!

mollerd

Rough_Rock
Wow! that is really nice. Thank you. Similar to those posted by ohers but a very unique bottom. Great design, I wonder how much it costs.

mollerd

Rough_Rock
It''s a nice design but not quite what I have in mind. Thank you!!

mollerd

Rough_Rock
Hi thanks, this is similar to one I tried one. It is nice.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
molllerd, when you respond to a post you may want to quote it so that the individual knows you are addressing them, your last 4 posts don''t refer to anyone in specific...so it''s hard to know which setting you liked. if it''s one of the ones i posted, i already noted the costs in my responses up above.

mollerd

Rough_Rock
Hi Mara,

thanks. I did not realize my emilas did not go back to the repllier. Yours is one of the ones I am considering.

Take Good care!
Doreen

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
33.gif
okay, well good luck then.

mollerd

Rough_Rock
Hi Mara, I take it I have confused you from your little yellow emot icon. I am sorry if I did. I am in a bit of a quandry because every setting I see that I like my fiance hates and even though it will be on my finger it would make me happy if he liked it too as he is paying for it. I love tacori but he thinks it''s too gawdy. The one in some of the other posts with the diamonds all around seem more to his liking. My concern is he wants me to love this forever and not have to reset down the road as many have done, so it''s difficult. I want to be sure and I would rather not have to reset. I am kind of sentimental that way and he is too.

Thanks for all the pics you sent me, I printed them out and will need to try them on at a local jeweler as sometimes they look beautiful online but different on your own hand.

It will be a miracle if and when this purchase ever happens.

have a great day!!!!
emwink.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The little yellow emoticon wasn''t from me...

Funny my now-husband thought that the Tacori rings I liked were too busy too...he wanted the spotlight to be on the center stone rather than filigree etc.

We made a compromise on having something custom made which had the elements we both liked. I''m sure you will find something you both love as well!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
mollerd-
If you look to the left you can see who posted the message.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results