shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you seen this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.maniacworld.com/Phone-Salesman-Amazes-Crowd.html

Watch the faces of the judges as this guy walks out on the stage. You can almost see what they are thinking as they pre-judge this guy based on his looks and the fact that he '' s a cell phone salesman and that he looks like all hope is lost. Then watch the judges expresssions once he starts to sing.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ooops...even having read your post...I am also guilty of prejudging. (Give the judges a little bit of credit...you have to agree the majority has NEVER sounded like that). Yes, I too am guilty. But man oh man did he put me in my place. Tears ...he moved me to tears. He is too good for this type of competition.

The show in America that S. Cowell does makes the contestants sing all genres...I hope this British series of competition doesn''t do that. PLEASE don''t make this master sing country. What a sacrilege if they make him sing POP. He is too good to be judged. Contract now. Here is my $20-pre listen/pre sale for his first album.

DKS

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
"Never judge a book by its cover...."
2.gif

That guy has quite the voice!!!

36.gif

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
He actually made me tear up and gave me goosebumps... incredible!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,
bad girl; you have me w/tears rolling down my cheeks so early in the morning. That was amazing! Seriously, thanks for sharing.
12.gif
I love that the lady judge says "we have a little lump of coal which will soon be a diamond." So true!!!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
This absolutely made me cry. His facial expressions, especially at the end, is what really made me cry. After that performance, and the standing ovation, he still seemed to be unsure of his talents. I think his life is about to change drastically.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohmygosh....i did NOT expect to be crying over a video! wow. that was amazing. i wish paul potts the very best! his humbleness (is that a word!?) is most charming. i hope he continues to do well and stays true to himself.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my hubby found that on youtube over the summer and was mesmorized. he cried the first, second and third + times he watched it. The guy (Paul Potts) went on to win and has a record out that we want to buy...so amazing...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 11:12:46 AM
Author: belle
ohmygosh....i did NOT expect to be crying over a video! wow. that was amazing. i wish paul potts the very best! his humbleness (is that a word!?) is most charming. i hope he continues to do well and stays true to himself.
I did a quick search and he won the competition and won singing opera.
36.gif
36.gif

Still crying after watching for a second time! I also love how humble he is; what a beautiful heart!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 11:15:08 AM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 11/1/2007 11:12:46 AM
Author: belle
I did a quick search and he won the competition and won singing opera.
36.gif
36.gif

Still crying after watching for a second time! I also love how humble he is; what a beautiful heart!
i searched too skip! i HAD to know what happened. i couldn''t watch the final performance again though! i knew i would be bawling like a baby.
39.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh I cried too! He is amazing!
6.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I listened I wondered where he learned to sing like that. I only knew the aria because John Pollard had posted a link to Luciano Pavarotti singing it when he passed away, but I listened to it many, many times in the following few days. Although I cannot believe this man was never taught to sing, I did see that he did not flatten his tongue as Pavarotti did, as singers are taught to do, in order not to block the flow of the breath through the mouth. I suspect that whatever training he had, he still was someone who could benefit even more from more training, therefore still being a diamond in the rough as the female judge implied. Even if he could benefit from further training, I couldn''t hear it! His voice was truly a gift from God.

Deborah
34.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
This brought a tear to my eye.. but I think it is because he sang Nessun Dorma.. this song always does this to me..
3.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 1:35:47 AM
Author: Evelynn
''Never judge a book by its cover....''
2.gif

That guy has quite the voice!!!

36.gif
Evelyn
You took the words out of my mouth...

gypsy: thanks for posting.I really don''t know how I would keep up to date on everything without this forum...thanks,thanks and thanks for that..

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 11:49:02 AM
Author: simplysplendid
This brought a tear to my eye.. but I think it is because he sang Nessun Dorma.. this song always does this to me..
3.gif
Count me in for the cryin'
2.gif
and I think you're right, it's the song. That's a fantastic guaranteed-to-please audition song, he chose well.

His CD is on iTunes, if anyone loved him *that much*. I went to buy that song because it was beautiful... but I didn't like his recording. I got Jose Antonio Molina
9.gif
heehee

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqWvuMJV0Yw - here''s the link to the finale :)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That ROCKED. Except for the part where the female judge said ''what we have here is a lump of coal that is going to turn into a diamond.'' Uh, perhaps she meant that as a compliment but it was inadvertently wrapped in an INSULT. Idiot.

That guy was fantastic. Seriously I got choked up.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Totally had me crying.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Gypsy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you guys enjoyed it!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Gypsy, whether the guy wins or loses does not matter to me (selfishly), I was allowed the pleasure of listening to a beautiful tenor performance just now upon clicking on a link!

And yes, the sound of his voice did send a chill up my spine and brought tears to my eyes with its beauty. Mmm, still relishing, may turn around and listen to it once more before hitting the sack!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the link, Gypsy! Loved the video, and I love Paul Potts'' voice. I went out and bought his CD (One Chance) this weekend. I see on the web that his CD has gone platinum in Britain. What a wonderful rags to riches story.

He is scheduled to sing before the Queen next month. Also, looking for his Christmas CD to come out soon.

Thanks again!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I''d like to hear his Christmas album! Gonna have to look out for that. Happy to see the story is bringing a smile to your faces!

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy,
Thanks for posting that. I knew about him; somewhere (on a flight??) saw a little 60 Minutes-type snippet on him. But I hadn''t seen the Nessun Dorma. Ohmydog I was crying -- I cried right thru the cheesy Aerosmith ending.

I cried even harder when he finished and he like, wasn''t even going to listen to the crowd and believe how GREAT he was. He was waiting for the judges'' approval like he wasn''t sure if they liked him.

Wow. goosebumps and tears and everything.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
thanks for sharing this

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Paul Potts is on the Oprah Winfrey show TODAY! It is a You Tube themed episode. Now, to figure out how to get home in time to watch....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Saw that preview yesterday - I''m tivoing today''s show.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, he was on Oprah today and I got to watch him perform live on her show! Did anyone else catch it; Oprah kept saying wow, wow! He is still a phone salesman and he credits his wife for encouraging him and his success (how sweet is that)!!!! I think he is awesome!!! I want his cd now. I love his spirit!!
9.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy you are our little angel here.I just checked if I have any replies on shopping forum and then just clicked to check and here you are alerting me to watch Oprah show.I hardly ever get a chance to see her , but this show is very special and I would not see it if I did not see your post...Thanks Skip...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2007 6:44:33 PM
Author: Skippy123
Yay, he was on Oprah today and I got to watch him perform live on her show! Did anyone else catch it; Oprah kept saying wow, wow! He is still a phone salesman and he credits his wife for encouraging him and his success (how sweet is that)!!!! I think he is awesome!!! I want his cd now. I love his spirit!!
9.gif
I did leave work early and went home to catch Oprah. What a sweety and what a nice job singing Paul did. I also found the mother load of news and talk show clips on You Tube. In one he mentions that yes, he didn''t quit his job. He is on unpaid leave instead. One day he stopped by the cell phone store to say hi, they were busy, and he ended up helping out for a while!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results