shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you or someone you know...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
ordered their wedding gown or bridesmaid dress online? Ive been looking at these sites:
www.houseofbrides.com
www.discountbridalservice.com
www.bridalmart.com
www.bridesave.com

I am just trying to get an overall feel of how these companies are. I''m very interested in the price savings for my wedding dress and am thinking of the savings for my bridesmaids as well!

Thanks so much!
35.gif

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
hi again njc - We ordered $180+ local dresses online from RK Bridal for 108. Belsoie...B2

The were perfect. Pearl''s Place is just as good. RK will beat quotes from others though so I emailed them PP quote and we got like 5 % off...highly rec. ordering online. Definitely call RK...they''re in NYC...it''s a busy place and they''re not going to impress you with their phone skills. They''ll answer all ?s and try to get you off the phone as quickly as possible. I like that actually. good luck...klr

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
I was actually married years ago (divorced now -- all for the better), but for that wedding I used Pearls Place for the BM dresses and saved about 30% if I remember c orrectly. The dresses all need to be ordered over the phone by the same person at the same time, but it is SO worth it! The dresses will be wrinkled -- folded in a box -- but that''s EXACTLY the way that bridal salons always receive them from the manufacturer -- so it''s not a big deal. You just have to have it pressed before wearing -- which you usually have to do anyway.

You have to email them and ask for a quote on a dress style:
http://www.pearlsplace.com/
EMAIL: [email protected]

I ordered 7 dresses and they were all perfect!

tulipcloud

Shiny_Rock
I too ordered my wedding dress from RK Bridal. I saved about 500 bucks too! I had gotten a quote from Pearl''s Place then RK matched it with a 5% discount! Still 2 more months before I get it, but so far no problems. I called them the other hoping it might have gotten in early, but no such luck. It''s very true about their phone skills. Simple and to the point. Gets you off the phone to do other business. good luck!!

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
We''ve use Pearl''s Place and House of Brides for bridesmaids/MOH dresses for several weddings I''ve been in over the past few years, and only once had any issues, which were very quickly resolved (and not either Pearl''s Place or House of Brides problems in all reality.. BM gave wrong shipping address. )

While WEDDING DRESS shopping I stopped in House of Brides (since they are local here in Chicago) and was dramtically UNDERWHELMED. Their sample dresses were filthy, and there were barely any NEW season dresses available to try on at all. And don''t even get me talking about the "service" I got that day. Dismal.

While in NYC for Thanksgiving I went with my mom and FMIL to RK... and that''s where we found the dream dress. It''s on order through them now. As well as the BM''s, FG''s and MOG''s dress.

Great service, a bit chaotic, but truly a fantastic effort so far. Dress is supposed to be in at end of next month. If they are on time with delivery, I''ll end up giving RK a 9 out of 10 on any review I give.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Njc, I think you know my story from the LIW thread, but I ordered a BM dress (and that of a fellow bridesmaid) through a local rep of discountbridalservice.com.

My experience was very much like that of SJS. I ordered the dresses at the same time over the phone and they were from the same "dye lot." Came in a box, actually barely needed a steam b/c it was crepe, but the whole experience was great. We paid around 50% less than the 3rd bridesmaid, so I was very pleased!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results