shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever witnessed someone else''s proposal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sunset_in_Cali

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone! While waiting for my own proposal, I was thinking about proposals that I''ve seen happen to complete strangers.

One was at an Angels baseball game, during the Kiss Cam on the jumbo screen. It was cute. After the couple kissed, the guy opened a ring box and held it in front the of girl and said some things (couldn''t tell what he said). The girl was clearly surprised. And afterwards, some of their friends behind them held up a sign that said "She said "Yes"!

The other proposal I saw was while I was driving. One of those small planes with a banner flew across the sky. The banner said, "Will you marry me, (girl''s name)?"

Anyone else witness a proposal? What did you think of it? Would you like to be proposed to that way?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. A lot of them. Working in a restaurant will do that to you. I''m glad FI didn''t propose in a restaurant, because it became less special after seeing it so many times...

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
SO''s grad school roommate proposed at his graduation dinner a few years ago. It was really funny because EVERYONE knew except her. Everyone kept taking pictures of her and as soon as her BF stood up to talk, everyone grabs their video cameras! It was hysterical, but very fun to be part of the crowd that was ''in the know''. I''m not into restaurant proposals, but I think it was pretty perfect because both families were present, which is my fantasy! She hid her face and cried, forgot to say yes, and he was nervously trying to put the ring on her before she gained her composure. It was fun!

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
Ha Ha!!! Good topic!!!
I have never witnessed a proposal, but a few days ago I found out that someone I work with witnessed mine!!!!!
I asked a guy at work, Jon, what the date was, he replied, the 25th. I said, "aww... I got engaged six months ago today" he said, "yeah, I was there". and I siad, "what", he was like, "yeah I was at the delectable egg when you got engaged. never heard a sqeal quite like that before"....
i stood there with my jaw dropped!!! I can''t believe he hasn''t said anything.. for six months!!!!
(we''ve worked together for about a year)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few in a restaurant. DH proposed on the beach in front of my family which was perfect IMHO.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Several in restaurants, some better than others.

I watched FF''s brother propose to his girlfriend at a New Years Eve party.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Never witnessed one although I think it would be fun! I *think* H is planning a public proposal with friends and family but I don''t know. All I do know is that friends are "in on it" as well as my mother!

sweetliloldme

Rough_Rock
yea, in a resturant. we were in a small italian resturant and we were out to dinner with a friend of ours. the couple that got e''d were adorable, about their fifties or sixties and she had NO IDEA it was comming. She cried, and it was really pretty and the entire resturant clapped. then our friend who we were with turned to SO and said, so when''s your turn? OMG so funny he had no idea what to say and looked like an ass.
25.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Aside from proposals on the jumbotron, the only other proposal I''ve seen was in Paris. D and I were walking behind a man and a woman on a bridge over the Siene. When they crossed the bridge, he pulled her aside and dropped to his knee. I tried not to look because it''s obviously a private moment, but I wanted to try to get a glimse of the ring (true PSer) and saw her crying and shaking. It was so sweet, I actually teared up a little myself, but I think I was extra sensitive to proposals that day because I''d just gotten engaged myself.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I was actually the "Friend" on the TLC show "perfect proposal" so I witnessed a big grand ridiculous production.
20.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Sort of :

The part that I saw:

The year after the end of high school, my best friend''s boyfriend arranged and cooked a super fancy dinner for my best friend''s birthday. (He had recovered from a serious car crash that year and suddenly his priorities were crystal clear)
5.gif

He got her a huge bouquet of exotic flowers from around the globe and had all us party goers derssed up in formal attire.

Just a little after dinner, he took her out into the backyard and popped the question (white gold Cathedral set .5 ct solitare), while the rest of us (8-9 good friends) did our best not to peek out the window at them.

She said she wasn''t ready, but kept the ring and wore it on a different finger.
39.gif

The part I didn''t see:

They continued to date for several more years and one day while on a long drive he asked her again, and she finaly said yes!
9.gif

(I''m her MOH for their wedding in May!!)
36.gif

Attention Boys:
See? it''s not always the end of the world if a girl doesn''t say yes right away.

HD

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
I''ve seen one at the GA airport, I was in a massive hurry out and passing through the baggage area and she was just getting in from her flight and he was waiting at the baggage claim area with a big group of family.

Another was at the Bahama Breeze restaurant at the table in front of me. A much older Russian and a very young blond girl. Both speaking in what sounded like Russian. They got tons of free wine and champagne. They even let them take home a bottle.

Both seemed unexpected.

Cute Proposal Pic

funny-pictures-cat-proposes-to-other-cat.jpg

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
yes.. a couple times..
but one that stuck out was we were at a nicer restaurant. the guy at the table right next to us proposed to his lady..

at desert, he had the server bring out a huge bouquet of roses with "i love you" balloons.. then he walked over to her side of the table and got down on one knee and pulled out a ring box..

her reaction was kinda off-putting. she took the ring but had this kinda roll-her-eyes "you''re-an-idiot-for-doing-this" kind of attitude. she kept putting her hand on her forehead and shaking her head at him like she was annoyed.

she wasn''t as thrilled to be proposed to as i would expect one to be.
i mean i was just about in tears watching (of course we were out for my b-day dinner and had been together about 2 years at that point and i have to admit i wanted it to be my guy that was proposing to ME!!
37.gif
)
12.gif

maybe she didn''t want a public proposal.. but still!
i actually felt kinda bad for the guy.. but who knows.. we can only speculate as to what the real story between them is..

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve witnessed two i think.
The first was a few years ago. My dad proposed to my (ex) stepmom on Christmas eve in front of her whole family (which she loved) with a BEAUTIFUL 1carat princess set in platinum. He had tied it to a balloon that said "happy birthday" on it (her bday was in december) and when she looked at the balloon, she saw the ring and said "you''ve gotta be f*cking me!". yeah. she was unique to say the least. She cried and said "yes".

two years ago, bf and I went to see Poison and opening for them was Sebastian Bach. We didn''t really pay attention to him until he said something like "my buddy blah-blah wants to get up here and say something to his old woman"
the "old man", (probably around 25 or so) jumps up on the stage, dragging his gf with him and says:
"Baby, you know I f*cking love you and wanna f*cking roll you around for the rest of our f*cking lives. Will you marry me?" (not exaggerating at all)
she cried "Ohmygod! F*CK YES!"
and then they pretty much ate each others faces off.

He asked me if that kind of proposal is the one I dream about at night. we laughed about it for awhile.

now it''s like a long standing joke with bf and I. I''ll randomly say what that drunk guy said and he repeats what she said (in the most girly voice he can muster). "Ohmygod! F*ck Yes!"

and then I remind him that if he even thinks about proposing that way, i''ll kill him lol.

bluebell

Shiny_Rock
YEP twice. Once at a restaurant and once at a Cavs game right after the kiss cam he proposed with what looked like a huge princess cut ring.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i saw a REALLY cute proposal at a red wings game last year on the jumbotron - i''m not usually into those, but it was just too adorable not to swoon a little bit :)

I was also there when my stepdad proposed to my mom on christmas morning back seven years back. definitely one of the sweetest memories i have!

anyname

Shiny_Rock
i''ve seen two. The first one was at the 9:30 club a local DC music club. I don''t quite remember it but the bassist from Reel Big Fish proposed to his girlfriend. It was cute.

The other was also at a concert. I took my brother and sister to see Good Charlotte in Baltimore, when the band stopped and said that their friend from the 9:30 club had something to say to his girlfriend. The guy goes on about how much he loves her and all that and gets down on one knee and proposes. The girl seemed so surprised, she really had no idea. I didn''t think it was real and thought it was something that the band did at every stop (i don''t know why) my boyfriend (now husband) had a hard time convincing me.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
not myself, but i did know about my bestfriends for 2 weeks before it happened (christmas day). I was chomping at the bit to call her!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Actually just the other night...

Was at the Britney Spears concert...and during the opening act (which was the Pussycat Dolls) a guy got on stage and purposed. It was sweet.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t see the actual proposal but a number of years ago I was at the top of the Hancock Building (one of the really tall ones in Chicago) and they have like an observatory at the top where you can walk around the whole floor and see all across Chicago. Anyway, we were up at that top and walking around and we noticed baseball field a block or two away that someone had taken white rocks or something and spelled out marry me in huge letters on the field. It must have taken forever, really cute thought. Definitely unique, in my opinion.

Ashley21

Rough_Rock
I saw a guy propose after the opening band at a Joe Bonamassa concert ... apparently they were big fans, but I thought it was cute. The story about the proposal in Chicago with the rocks on the baseball field sounds like such a cool idea!!!! I would love something like that, especially in Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results